Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Re Blackwater:

I did find it really interesting that i sided with the child murdering river monster over Marylove. Shes such a terrible person and was a great villian to get mad at. I felt like the story lost a bit of momentum when she was killed half way through

Loved the book though, what a ride. Never heard of it before lurking this thread and it had me completely hooked. I originally went in looking for a horror heavy novel with some light intrigue, but ended up with the opposite of that and still enjoyed it immensely. Looks like i need to pick up Elementals next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Just finished listening to The Cipher by Koja. Goddamn that was a good book and the narrator did an excellent job. He sounded so drat tired, especially by the end, it was perfect

Book left me feeling gross and icky and depressed and I imagine thats the point. It was incredibly overbearing and rife with evocative imagery. Just fantastic and something thats gonna be stuck in my head for awhile

I'm looking for something a bit more lighthearted next so I'm going with either Skullcrack City cause that looks fun or maybe The Meg since im a child and love gruesome creature features