Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rolo posted:

Sounds perfect. Just bought it.

Gracias, friends!

just found this thread and bought it too and am living it so far!

dirt cheap on google books right now in my country, approximately usd 0.60 for the ebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I bought a Kindle recently and thought I'd try to read a horror ebook. I looked in the latest page for suggestions and

Untrustable posted:

I finished A Head Full Of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay last night and that book will gently caress you up.

Reaverbot posted:

The last 20 pages of that book felt like experiencing a car crash in slow motion, it was honestly amazing

I binged this in one day and NOOOOOOOOO

Untrustable posted:

Yeah I felt genuinely frightened and then like I just got my rear end kicked badly.

Same. Same.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I finished North American Lake Monsters, which was excellent! Want to ask if Wounds is as, shall we say, despair-inducing and bleak or is it a different flavour of horror? Because NALM is excellent but it was such a heavy read

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

The last story, "The Good Husband", in Nathan Balingrud's North American Lake Monsters deals with this theme and is absolutely heartbreaking but amazing.

Putting in another vote for this. I still think about it more than half a year later, absolutely stellar and haunting.