Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fart City posted:

All valid questions for a movie where Napoleon goes to a water park.

I've been to that water park and it kicks rear end.

SAN DIMAS RULES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

X-Ray Pecs posted:

SANDIMASHIGHSCHOOLFOOTBALLRULES

"Things are bigger... and yet... smalller. It's.... computers...." is a pretty cogent summary / prediction of the internet, frankly.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He loves... he loves San Dimas!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

caligulamprey posted:

I don't know why it's gotta be one or the other, Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey are two completely different movies, both equally amazing in totally different ways.

The real truth yall fail to recognize is that Freaked is better than both of them combined.

Lot of milkmen on the same route; no wonder they fight...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm watching EA again right now and came across a bit that I haven't thought about in decades, but definitely confused the hell out of me as a kid.
When they land to repair the time machine's antenna, Ted gives out cans of pudding, then after a screen wipe everyone's handing him chewing gum.
I didn't process that one thing didn't have to lead to the other and assumed that Americans got gum in tin cans.

edit: I probably couldn't read the word 'pudding' on the cans back on VHS.
ee: Also, as a kid I absolutely didn't get that Bill's parents were gonna gently caress in his room, even though B+T spell it out right there.
eee: And Beethoven playing that song on the soundtrack with a few keyboards seemed a lot more legit.
eeee: This is the first time getting 'minor Oedipal complex.'
eeeee: Seeing them in different clothes in the epilogue is real weird. Even just the plain t-shirts on both of 'em. It's like they realized too late that there'd have to be a another costume set and hastily grabbed whatever.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 16, 2018

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

“Be excellent to each other” was in our wedding vows. On purpose.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm watching EA again right now and came across a bit that I haven't thought about in decades, but definitely confused the hell out of me as a kid.
When they land to repair the time machine's antenna, Ted gives out cans of pudding, then after a screen wipe everyone's handing him chewing gum.
I didn't process that one thing didn't have to lead to the other and assumed that Americans got gum in tin cans.

The funny thing about this is that getting pudding in a can is almost as outlandish to most people as gum these days and is mostly remembered by anyone under the age of like 35 only from the monorail song on the simpsons (which is remembered only by people over like 28)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Ted: I can't believe Missy divorced your Dad, and married mine.

Bill: Shut up, Ted

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I was on a road trip with my dad through Southern California and he needed to piss so he pulled off the freeway and pissed on the side of San Dimas high school

Also I love these movies

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tall Tale Teller posted:

“Be excellent to each other” was in our wedding vows. On purpose.

I wish we used that as our standard greeting in society

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is this a good place to ask if Fast Times holds up?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is this a good place to ask if Fast Times holds up?

eh

it's not a bad movie but it is a whole gently caress of a lot darker than you probably remember it being

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

High school is a darker time than most people remember.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Timby posted:

So here's Ed Solomon's story for Bill and Ted Face the Music:

This plot is absolutely the most perfect way I could think of them following up the first two. I love love love the sound of this!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

High school is a darker time than most people remember.

Not disputing, Fast Times is one of the most accurate high school movies ever

It's just got a reputation for being a madcap comedy and it's actually kind of a huge downer

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

they named their kids after each other holy gently caress

Did you never watch Bogus Journey?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

mysterious frankie posted:

Lot of milkmen on the same route; no wonder they fight...

Twelve milkman is theoretically possible. Thirteen... is silly.

Anyway, anybody here not have the hugest crush on Joan of Arc?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Not disputing, Fast Times is one of the most accurate high school movies ever

It's just got a reputation for being a madcap comedy and it's actually kind of a huge downer

Probably because Spicoli is the most memorable character from the movie (and even his story has some dark scenes). The rest of the movie is basically about how hosed up the characters and their culture are.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

King Vidiot posted:

Anyway, anybody here not have the hugest crush on Joan of Arc?
It's weird that they were so fixated on Missy when Joan of Arc was there.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey is way better.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've watched the Bill and Ted movies more times I can count. I watched Wayne's World 1 once

Watch Rivers Edge and imagine that's it's Keanu playing Ted Theodore Logan growing up in a most non non non triumphant situation.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've always loved the Future Council scene from EA. Like, at first the Council guys do the air-guitar hand motion out of symbolism, which the guys bounce back... but then it feels much more resonant when everyone comes out of the woodwork and silently does the air guitar hand motion. It's not symbolic, its in reverence, a wordless way of saying thanks to two guys who are both too shocked and surprised to even be humbled. All the while In Time (one of my favorite songs) plays - In time, we'll be dancing in the streets all night, in time, everything will be alright.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Did Excellent Adventure have a deleted topless scene? I remember years ago seeing a gif of a most excellent flashing and the explanation was that it was cut from the movie. I can't find any evidence of this now but I still think of Bill & Ted as the end of when you could just expect to see tits in an 80's comedy.

Searching for deleted scenes did bring up this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GoldStandardConure posted:

Be excellent to each other.

literally the only philosophy you ever need

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The IMDB trivia pages for both movies are pro-reads

EA:

quote:

In April 2013, Alex Winter commented on George Carlin's casting: "He was a very happy accident. They were going after serious people first. Like Sir Sean Connery, and someone had the idea, way after we started shooting, of George. That whole movie was a happy accident. No one thought it would ever see the light of day."

quote:

In the book "The Producers: Profiles in Frustration," Producer Scott Kroopf recalled pitching the idea of "Bill & Ted" to Dino De Laurentiis. Quoted Kroopf: "Dino had no idea what the film was about. He didn't understand what dudes were until someone said to him that 'dudes' meant guys who had big dicks. Then he said 'Oh, great, now I get it.'"

BJ:

quote:

In an early draft of the script, Rufus was the villain.

quote:

Chuck was originally going to die at the end, and go to Hell with the Evil Duo, where they annoyed him for all eternity.

The second movie has one of my favorite sight gags in a movie ever, where it shows magazine covers after the boys become big deals, and one of the covers is a SI cover where Death wins the Daytona 500 and it quotes him as saying "I didn't know I could run that fast"

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 19, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

William Sadler went to my alma mater. I love these drat movies

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

All we are... is dust in the wind, dude.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

You Are A Elf posted:

All we are... is dust in the wind, dude.

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Dust....wind....dude.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What kind of school has History project presentations in front of the whole student body and staff? Who did Bill and Ted’s lighting? How late did the entire student body stay after school for B&T’s presentation? None of them had a bus to catch?

Obviously Bill and Ted went back in time after their presentation to set up for their presentation and do their own lighting.

I was more annoyed that Billy the Kid got so little to do in the presentation, even though he was one of their original subjects, and not extra credit. Also tha scene of him shooting his gun in the school would obviously be cut out today

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A podcast that covered the movie brought this up, and never realized it: B&T are idiots, how are they doing well enough in their other classes that one history class will save them?

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

MisterBibs posted:

A podcast that covered the movie brought this up, and never realized it: B&T are idiots, how are they doing well enough in their other classes that one history class will save them?
A lot of people are idiots, and still most don't fail high school.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

they're just barely over the margin in their other classes, and just barely under in their history class :shrug: one presentation shouldn't realistically be enough to completely 180 their grade in a class, so clearly they're not doing that badly in that class to begin with

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

Who cares

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If that first girl was an example of a good report, the slightest bit of effort is probably all you needed at that school.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I did like the teachers shaking their heads at the football player who shouted "San Dimas High School football rules!" He so failed his report.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

So, who is Missy going to be married to in the new movie?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Death, probably.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Davros1 posted:

I did like the teachers shaking their heads at the football player who shouted "San Dimas High School football rules!" He so failed his report.

Did he? Maybe they're shaking their heads because they know they have to pass their players. And if that guy passes so can Bill and Ted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

DarkSol posted:

So, who is Missy going to be married to in the new movie?

Missy got married to ____Chuck____ in the more recent comics, Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Reunion and Bill & Ted Go to Hell.

• Locked thread