Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

They're just going to let the other aliens invade, start their own colony, and let the bowmen and buddies tear them up from the inside like they did LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

Yeah, I don't think they actually killed people outside the colonies. I think just lawlessness and attrition lead to most of the deaths outside of like, specific glassed cities like Dallas.

That said, I had an interesting thought that a lot of the really bad ideas and labor usage comes from the IGA. Like the deliberately made this a lot worse than it could have been to cement their power. Like I don't think the raps care that much about people, but they don't really strike me as the sort that'd gleefully shoot themselves in the foot, which is a lot of what we've seen so far in the show.

Also you'd think if they wanted things built that it'd be easier to leave earth mostly intact with it's existing industrial base than start from scratch. But if the IGA told them it was the only way...

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

Or they just experience time subjectively slower because they run a lot faster than our meat brains do.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

I have to wonder if the attrition rate at the factory, with people getting sick is even intentional, or it's like the whole gauntlet killing that guy.

I watched back in season one, and the guy who got sick in the factory during meal time coughed up blood too.

Maybe the klicks are too stupid to realize that their technology causes damage to living things.

Maybe that's why they're at war with the organic guys to start with?

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

I mean, we don't even know if they were ever organic. They could be escaped robots from some other civilization, and have absolutely no frame of reference for any of this.

Which would mean man was the monster all along, which is what most fiction ends up being anyways?

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

Yeah, man is definitely the biological weapon. Also I guess the raps do know a lot about biology since they can grow lettuce in 3 hours.

Not sure what the gently caress they're building for weapons that kills people. You'd think that protective clothing would be worth it just to tone down the attrition.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

Yeah, snyder was really good in that scene. There's a lot of nifty things going on in this show. How many more episodes do we have in the season?

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

Can't keep block hopping...

I mean they'll run out of nicknames for the Hosts, Raps, Clicks, errr Morks pretty quickly.

Even Bowman was done with the names this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

Why did the klicks kill so many humans if they wanted disposable ill equiped frontline soldiers anyways?

• Locked thread