Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This show deserves a thread and I'm glad it has one now.

I also really love it when shows will change their premise to progress the story. It sure beats still being stuck on the beach acting bewildered 5 seasons in, eh Sawyer?

Anyways, I can't remember, was it established or just hinted at that the rapps were machines last season? I hope they don't go too far with the "But the real enemy is man!" thing in this show with the oppressive camp leader. That poo poo gets played out on literally every alien invasion story ever told, and beside Colony did it in a far better and more interesting way back in season 1 with all the nazi occupation allegories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Very much a "This is not Falling Skies" episode.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

precision posted:

I kind of hated Snyder (even though I love Jacobson) but man he has grown on me, and he's right about way more than he's wrong about.

Also hell yeah get hosed budget-rate Alex Jones!

Like a fungus! Seriously though, you're right, he's great.

I can't remember now, did we specifically see not-Alex Jones die, or was he probably one of the "insignificant escapees". I know Snyder pointed out a leader in the bodies but I don't know if we saw it or not. After his slimy rear end past, I can see him ordering some minions to suicide to give him time to escape.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He pre-arrival partner, who was doing shady poo poo and could afford a house in Santa Monica on a cops salary or something.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
They seem to have come a long way getting chased by The Enemy so I kinda doubt it's a time travel thing

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

bring back old gbs posted:

Well one of the things that made me go "time travel" in the first place is how the drones seem to ignore certain people, so maybe they need important people to survive. One of those being the kid.

But now he's dead, and I wonder if that will just be a thing the family deals with, or if the Clicks freak out about it as well.

I really don't think that's the case. If this list of people absolutely, must survive due to timeline things they'd be trying a lot harder just a "Do not vaporize" facial recognition program. That drone saw that Sawyer was hanging on the wall in a precarious position and just let him continue on. I doubt the aliens, especially machines, would let the current timeline hinge on one guy's ability to not slip and fall to his death while carrying a child up a rope. Last season a bunch of the special chosen humans (presumably on the same list) were killed in their stasis pods by the resistance in Bran's happy fun camp adventures and time did not unravel. I think they've just got special, probably genetic, traits that are marginally more useful to the clicks than they average human who's best use is being rendered down into a thick paste.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So did the mechs just wake them up and make them leave their poo poo behind but then gently caress off as soon as they were walking down the correct road towards Seattle?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's weird to have both my Wednesday night nerd shows have sudden, unexplained time jumps mid season. At least they didn't sync them up. I thought the episode was fine, it did a good job of going back to the core concept of the show, which originally was what are you willing to give up to protect your family. Except now Will in the malcontent and Katie is the one willing to work for the questionable government. It's also interesting to have them dedicate a whole episode to their new lives in Seattle before, presumably, things go to hell again. It's nice for a one off, but if it was kept up it would go real stale real fast. Mostly I'm just glad they're done with the resistance camp.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That was pretty intense. Another good episode.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That really sucks but i'm not terribly surprised, the ratings haven't been particularly good all season.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm glad that shows are more planned out now and have some kind of ending in mind, thats better than bullshitting your way through. The next step is to make shorter, tighter stories, and aim for 3-4 seasons from the beginning.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

OhYeah posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress.

This is Stargate: Universe all over again. What, an actual sci-fi show with good cast, excellent writing and casting and some really intriguing storylines? Better cancel the motherfuck out this one, folks. And better pump out 14 new utterly forgettable sitcoms instead which have viewerships in triple digits but somehow get renewed for 9 seasons.

The Expanse got picked up by another network, what do you think are the chances of this happening with Colony?

One of our godking overlords took a personal interest in The Expanse and personally make sure it stayed alive. Unless Zuckerburg or Elon Musk is secretly a huge Colony fan I wouldn't count on it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I really hope Peter Jacobson was able to 'acquire' that portrait prop of himself somehow.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I like the title change. I was thinking of suggesting "I sincerely hope I never see you or your family again."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Octy posted:

They probably just couldn't afford Wayne Brady.

The finale was most certainly edited in such a way that they could have gone either way in season 4 depending on contract negotiations. Turns out it don't matter though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Grognan posted:

anything that pokes at class poo poo gets poo poo canned

But

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

at least the expanse was saved :unsmith:

???

Colony doesn't even really do much class poo poo, beyond the two classes of evil robotic space nazi collaborator class and not evil robotic space nazi collaborator class. Oh and mathematically unusual bad rear end murder bros class, but are they even a privileged class or are they a not privileged class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think Wayne Brady, and by extension, Broussard, were going to support the other aliens, with Bram siding with the Raps and the IGA. Will would probably try to subvert the Raps from within and Katie would probably just try to keep everyone together or something.

• Locked thread