Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This is a really underrated show you should watch.

qirex posted:

One thing I can't figure out about this show is that it's a nearly identical premise to a Robert Silverberg book called "The Alien Years" but there's not a peep about that anywhere.

I'm interested to see where they're going on the outside but I'm worried that they'll get caught up in Walking Dead style "maybe man was the true aliens all along" thing with this new camp full of weirdos they're at and not move the actual alien plot along much. I also did a double take at the ski lift in episode one as "LOL British Columbia" but then I remembered there's this one ski resort like 60 miles outside LA so it's almost plausible. The surrounding area sure doesn't look like that though.

The first two seasons were shot in LA, and yeah there are several resorts on the outskirts of the area’ mainly Big Bear. Wills partner in S1 had the cabin there.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

It's been every city and every forrest in like 4 different galaxies and god knows how many timelines and parallel universes.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Wrong son died

Like, seriously, that kid actor was waaay better than his sister.

When Charlie caught the dudes with guns who busted in and killed the tutor/alien religion lady early and saved the sister by hiding on the roof he established himself as the true badass kid having survived on his own in Santa Monica. He should have been the one to kill Vancouver Seattle George Washington and Bram should have caught the bullet.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Well one of the things that made me go "time travel" in the first place is how the drones seem to ignore certain people, so maybe they need important people to survive. One of those being the kid.

But now he's dead, and I wonder if that will just be a thing the family deals with, or if the Clicks freak out about it as well.

There was a line from the CIA lady in the first season, way before they revealed what the raps actually are, about how we (humans) perceive time differently. It was a one line thing, then Broussard shot her in the face.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Ah fucker its time travelling future humans....

For whatever it's worth, CIA lady was on the phone with someone and died just like anyone else would have. It was phrased however to make it seem like she was something more than she appeared but that's as far as it ever went.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hello Matthew Kellogg!

edit: Is that Wayne Brady?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

precision posted:

Yeah she said "their perception of time is different" so while I kinda doubt literal time travel is involved, there is certainly something there.

When they revealed the pods my first thought was "they need more consciousnesses to put in orange balls" and I'm still fairly sure that's part of their plan.

It just clicked in my head "their" perception of time is different that she meant the Raps, not humans. So if they're machines, or the orbs are a consciousness of some kind like the singularity type stuff for an alien race then it makes sense that they wouldn't see time the way we do.

Edit: I'm really dumb I don't know how I missed that

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 9, 2018

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Or they intercepted the transmission of Pink Floyd's "Time" decades ago and it was a transformative experience for them.

If this is the case then it's possible the 16 year old me discovering weed is a Rap

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Does this mean I don't get to see Wayne Brady save the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

at least the expanse was saved :unsmith:

• Locked thread