Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Oh hey this is back.

Looks like they are going Falling Skies or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Rip Charlie. It should have been Blankface McMullet

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
It's my fault because I wasn't paying that much attention and had it on in the background but all of the timeskipping also confused me on the fate of bald alex jones.

They flash to the camp being completely destroyed, then back to the camp not being destroyed, then flash to bald alex jones and Vincent hiding in a cave talking about how everyone was dead but they saved the robot(which was a flashback I thought was a flash forward), then back to the camp not being destroyed. When they just killed him unceremoniously off screen and didn't even show his face in the pile of bodies I was a little confused.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 4, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

etalian posted:

But his face was shown when Snyder is forced to identify who was the resistance camp leader.

i apparently missed that and i blame Colony for not engaging me and refuse to take responsibility for my actions

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I wouldn't hold out hope for an adequate explanation of anything. I mean that is a reasonable expectation to have and you suspend some disbelief in your alien invasion fiction but you can't start pulling threads sometimes.

Why did a race of aliens with fantastic mechanical abilities and enough automated drones to wipe out our entire population and then police the entire planet need a few million primates to turn bolts in a factory?

How can the ground factories replace the production of the space defenses that were lost when The Factory on the moon was destroyed? Why weren't they used all along to speed up construction if they are capable of at least equal output to the moon factory? If the space defenses were that important why weren't they constructed first no matter the cost of life instead of sticking to a multi-year scheduled plan that involves teaching schoolchildren about robot jesus and making lucky charms?

Why can't a space faring, interstellar race of aliens with extremely advanced technology like spaceships and a global network of extremely advanced drones find a large group of humans living in a light forest? Why do their drones constantly fly over people, not noticing them?

Why can't this extremely advanced machine based race also conduct mass surveillance without parking fallible IT nerds in front of camera feeds that aren't everywhere? How are they constantly and repeatedly unable to find suicide bombs that are placed in everything, constantly?

Why does Bram look like he bit into a lemon poo poo sandwich 100% of the time?

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 6, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm liking Synder's storyline now. Especially since you don't actually know what he is going to do. He is obviously motivated by Charlie's death but who knows what that will involve.

It was a little weird to see Bram instantly buy into Occupation propaganda though. He has worked in their prison camps, was a part of the Red Hand, has committed terrorist attacks and seen everything that his parents have in regards to the brutal and murderous authoritarian regimes but he finds a flyer and goes "This flyer says that things are nice in Seattle. They are a different kind of colony."

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

jfood posted:

seattle is just a new take on how to internally govern a colony, more paris in '41 than dachau in '44. the original plan was to build death rays and death stars... and maybe that death blossom thing from the last starfighter... over a couple of decades, but now the raps need humans to go out there and whoop some rear end the old-fashioned way. red hats and grey hats are one thing, but there would never be enough of them.

they did say they were making a 'biological weapon' and no joke, we're probably earth's most perfect version of that.

That makes perfect sense. They are going to launch the Bowmans on missiles at the enemy fleet and after a season all of the enemy will be dead just like everyone in the show they meet aside from Snyder. That's why they refuse to kill the family.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

LinkesAuge posted:

Ya felt like a direct reference to TWD's shenanigans with cars. ^^
At this point its actually even the better show.

Actually Walking Dead's explanation for why cars still work is that hardly any time has passed since the outbreak. Less than two years. Don't ask how everyone has aged 8+ years.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Or they intercepted the transmission of Pink Floyd's "Time" decades ago and it was a transformative experience for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
While Bram is kind of annoying in general it was nice to see him start planning for what he knows is going to happen.

Things are nice, they are well taken care of and safe in the new colony. That means it's only a matter of time until everyone they know is killed and they are running through the woods trying to hide from robots. Trying to get his own place so he can sit this one out is probably the smartest thing he can do.

• Locked thread