Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I was somewhat concerned with how they are going to keep dragging out the "Completely Invincible Alien Invaders In a Hopeless Situation" thing and manage to keep it fresh but if they give Broussard hundreds of other Bruce Lee/James Bond/Macguyver/Rambo/Master Chiefs with plot armor then the aliens don't stand a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PaybackJack posted:

I gotta give some credit to this show. After the first season where they kind of milled around not wanting to explore the premise beyond an excuse for family drama, they really ramped it into high gear this season.

I also like that more shows are approaching their season with a 'harsher' split between the first half and second half of the season. The Expanse did this too and I think it worked out well. 6 episodes per arc keeps things moving a lot quicker and doesn't feel like they're dragging anything out longer than it needs to be. The resistance camp for example could have been a whole season of slowly going to poo poo but they moved through it in a couple episodes and it felt like it was exactly as long as it needed to be.

Synder is great. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up turning on the Hosts by the end because he realizes that the 'other side' is offering a better deal.

There's been some cool twists in the story this season and I'm interested to see how the finale plays out. Feels like a good time to ditch the two remaining kids somewhere which has been the only real negative of the show; though I like what they did with Bram's arc it's just a shame the actor didn't really engage me in it.

Snyder is great because you don't actually know what he is going to do right now.

My theory is that after Charlie's death he resolved himself to take down the IGA somehow and that all of the algorithm talk will come back.

"The man who beat the algorithm. It said you were supposed to be a low level, unimportant nobody and look at you now. At the top of the world."
"You know why the hosts picked you? Because the algorithm said you are the kind of people that will always drag the rest of the crabs down into the bucket."

So I can see Snyder waiting until a critical moment to turn and drop a ":smug: I'm the man who beat the algorithm" on his boss. I can also see him going full IGA and only waiting until they lose to try and weasel his way into the favor of the resistance.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Well that sucks, especially since they just finally started moving the plot along.

• Locked thread