Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh Colony. You died as you lived, lots of promising concepts and ideas to explore but with just slightly middling execution and an inability to really make individual episodes pop the way you'd want. Peter Jacobson is a god drat natural treasure however.

All of that said it is pretty sad that the final episode was so incredibly heavy with cliffhangers that are never going to be resolved. I think it's fairly clear from the muted reaction to the cancellation (I was pretty surprised when they announced Season 3 to be honest) that we're not going to see any form of continuation.

I know that the whole underlying theme is the nature of human resistance and how unique we are as a species but I'm also wondering why exactly 150 human grunts (even really special human grunts) are so important in a war where cities are getting plinked and the moon got a loving crater blown into it. Are the Raps/Morks just utterly incapable of human style "improvisation" and just need to jack other people to do it? Oh and the opposing force looks like the Alien Nation aliens. What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Honestly it feels about as relevant as having 400,000 trained infantry in Europe to deploy after the Cold War goes hot with a plan to run them through the Fulda Gap. It's wishful thinking at best and utter delusion at worst than those people are going matter for poo poo in a full on nuclear exchange. This episode makes it all the stranger with (spoilers because West Coast people might still be watching) The whole 150 outlier deadline just makes no sense. I get that the raps want it as a sign of compliance but it feels an awful lot like letting a key strategic factory get bombed because the workers went on strike that week. Sure you need to deal with the strike but it seems like the utterly annihilation of that sort of facility would be way worse. Or maybe the raps are so far gone that their logic is utterly impenetrable to mere mortals like us. I hope there's some sort of series bible that gets released that tells us a little more about who they were and just what the hell their plan was.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

NecroBob posted:

Falling loving Skies gets five seasons and this one dies after 3? :fuckoff:

It's not going to get any better with the rise of streaming either. You pretty much have to be invested in a show to subscribe to a TV network streaming service to watch it. In other words if the initial buy-in doesn't happen then we're going to see a lot of DOA shows. It's funny, I remember in the 90's people screaming for an ala carte future which has been replaced in the past two years with "Wait I have to subscribe to another service to watch this? gently caress that, can't someone bundle all this together in a package for me?"

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

Any word on what the plan was for the series? I haven't been able to find anything from the team.

Yeah I’ve been waiting for some sort of post-mortem. I suppose the cynical answer is that there was no plan.

• Locked thread