Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: None

The six-armed woman maintains a standoffish pose as Doom goes on another rant. She does, finally, as he decides to 'acquiesce', roll her eyes and lets out a snort. Fine, this 'Mega Man' will lead them. She doesn't seem overly impressed by this bestowal of authority. As the cards get tossed, she snaps out an arm and catches it between her fingers. "How many jobs do you expect us to perform for you?" she asks of Web.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: None

I nod and grunt approvingly at the six-armed warrior's question. "I like the head on this one's shoulders." I shoot a glance over to Web. "And what exactly is our out, anyway?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 3
pre:
Physical Stress: None       Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Darth Doom, finished nursing his wounds, gets back to his feet. Shakily at first, but he is back to his footing. The pain took his mind off words while he knelt, but he knows what was said. Scornful words. Foolish words. Do they think I do not know there are bigger things than myself? I slaughtered friends for the Hydra Grand Plan. They act as if I'm a selfish child or a nervous interviewee screaming and yelling about his every accomplishment afraid he'd be passed over. I am neither. I am Doom. I do not suffer fools.

But the time for suffering fools seems to be here to stay. This phantom wound has me winded. Doom does not suffering fools just as he is not a fool. Cooperation is in order.

"If you wish the Droid to lead us, then I'll follow." Doom says quietly, "Best in the hands of an unthinking machine. Only assassin droids are programmed to lie. Assassin droids and ones who have gone too long without a memory wipe. At least the tallus will be in the hands of one who I know cannot suffer me with lies."

"Now, Madame Web, what would you have Weapon-X do?

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: None

X looks at the Tallus that has encircled his left arm. It's light - barely there at all, really - but it otherwise doesn't register with his systems. Being handed a leadership role was nothing new, but he could always feel the weight of his past failures.

He recalls stepping up to take the lead of the Maverick Hunters 17th Unit. Dr. Cain had asked him to to lead but Double's betrayal had torn them apart. Sigma took a lot of lives on X's watch. The next time X remembered being a leader was in the Avengers. He took teams out to chart the globe of the Merged-Earth. One time he'd a led a squad a little too deep into what they'd find out was Shadaloo's Shadowland. Hand Dolls attacked en masse. Cable and Jin simply didn't make it back.

Now, looking at this group he has been chosen to lead, X wonders if he wasn't going to lead some of them into a similar fate. With Double there had been a traitor from within - and X feels uneasy about Doom, Spiral, and even Fury - but at Shadowland it had been his error in judgement.

"We'll complete the mission, that's all that matters." He looks at Spiral. "However many tries it takes, no matter what reward lay at the end. There's a threat to human life. Our job is to eliminate it."

"Beginning mission."

His Mega Buster glows and whirs with a neon blue light. For a second, X thought he could feel the Tallus hum a little.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Madame Web nods approvingly to Mega Man X. "Your leader was chosen well, Weapon X. There is a threat - to life. All life. I know not how many missions you might expect, but you will need to discover the cause as quickly as you might. And to you, Sir Nicholas the Fury, your 'out' is discovering the nature of this threat and determining a way to stop it. Your team was brought together explicitly for this purpose." The Tallus is humming, and glowing as well now. "Your mission is about to begin. I can provide no further answers, you will have to discover the rest for yourselves. Stop the destruction, track the source, and stop it once and for all. The task before you will not be easy! I wish you luck, Weapon X!" Her voice fades into the distance as the light of the Tallus fills the area, blinding the team. And then, they are gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQe1QxHZuWg



The world spins around Weapon X as they find themselves on solid ground again. Almost instantly, the vomiting sets in. The trip was even more taxing than they'd expected, and to make matters worse, they've found themselves in a desert, along a seemingly deserted stretch of highway. Fortunately, it is night. Hopefully this means they won't be dying of dehydration just yet. As the team gathers themselves and stops their stomachs from churning endlessly, the Tallus begins relaying information to Mega Man X. Apparently the world they've traveled to will be overrun my Mephisto and Dormammu, a dread alliance against which this dimension has no true protection. There is no Sorcerer Supreme, or any practitioners of magic at all. They have all been murdered by a fearful populace and magic has been banned entirely. All magical items have been locked away to prevent their corruption from spreading. Finally, the Tallus speaks one riddle-like phrase and silences:

"Awaken the great beast from his eternal tomb. He must bear the mantle that would have been Strange."

It appears they will have to find civilization and seek answers, but it is unclear which direction leads to the nearest settlement.

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: None

X listens closely as the Tallus speaks into his mind. Ones and zeroes float in front of his eyes. There's something so easy and effortless about communing with the Tallus - probably something to do with the Copy Chip, X thinks. He explains the situation to the team, just as it was told to him.

"Weapon X, I've got a feeling the locals here won't be too kind if we err on the side of magic." His eyes immediately turn to the most immediate threat. "The Doctor Doom I knew was a sorcerer, so perhaps if our Doom is as well it might be best to rely on mostly technological means for now. The rest of you - well, I guess it would be good to get a feel for what we're capable of. The populace of this world has locked away their magical items and this world needs as Sorcerer Supreme, as much as it may not like it. We need to 'awaken the great beast,' the Tallus said."

X looks out into the distance.

"So I need sitrep, team. We need to find civilization and fast, or else this world is damned. "

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: None

Wait. The old man's Sir Nicholas of Fury? So he's... Well, guess she's going to have to use those protocols a bit earlier than expected.

---

Urgh. The Tallus is no quinjet, that's for sure. She slowly stumbles to her feet as X explains the situation.

"We're on a road. Roads lead to civilization, one way or another. Pick a direction and we'll get there."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 3
pre:
Physical Stress: None       Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Darth Doom simply looks at Mega Man X and pulls out his lightsaber. "The power cosmic is not magic, though some do believe it a sorcerous way. Your concern is noted and valid." With a bright red flash, Doom ignites his lightsaber. "But you will find I am far from crippled without my more obvious use of Cosmic might."

Extinguishing the blade and putting it away, Doom hears Agent Addison make the obvious conclusion. Doom could make an assertion, scout things out, and a pick a direction. But Doom is not a fool. The trust from his colleagues is low. They refuse his wise leadership, then his wise counsel may similarly fall on deaf ears. They wish the droid to lead and they need proof Doom can be trusted to work under someone else.

So be it.

Turning to Mega Man X, he says in a neutral voice, trying his best to hid his natural leadership from his voice, "Droid, it is your command. Which direction shall we go?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral

"How terrible for them," Spiral says with a sigh, drawing her swords on principle, since they're somewhere new. She gestures one direction down the road. "That way," she says with a tone of confidence.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom
PP:1 XP:0

She cocks her head at Spiral's pronouncement.

"Do you actually know, or are you being decisive so we'll get going? Not that it matters, I suppose; if none of us has any reason to think one direction is better than the other, and I know I don't, might as well just pick one and move on."

Venom shrugs and starts walking in the direction Spiral indicated.

"Mega Man, you've got a good point. Mostly, what I'm good at is talking people down, and dodging for as long as it takes to do that, even if that means bouncing off the walls and running on the ceiling. Which is lucky, since I'm not great at taking hits, and only a bit better at dealing them out. Nothing to do with magic, and not really technological either, so I should be fine around here on that front."

Well, unless someone decides that alien symbiotes count as magic. ...and in a xenophobic environment, people might just decide that any unusual superhuman abilities are torch-and-pitchfork-worthy.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

As Spiral and Venom begin to head off in their chosen direction, the rest of the team is left to decide whether to follow. They are not given much time to make their choice, however, before they see lights coming from beyond a small dip in the road. A large, military-style transport truck is coming up the highway from behind them, going towards the same direction that their two teammates had chosen. A pair of jeeps are in front of the truck, and it appears another vehicle follows behind. Each vehicle has a driver and a pair of passengers as well. It seems that there is something of importance being carried by this convoy.

And the vehicles spot the team of heroes on the roadway, they come to a halt about 10 yards away. It is difficult to see with the headlights blaring in their faces, but the occupants appear to be wearing blue/black uniforms similar to that of Agent Addison. One of the figures seems to be communicating on a radio, another shouts out to the group through a megaphone. "Identify yourselves and stand down immediately, or we will be forced to open fire - this is a restricted area!" The figure on the radio is speaking much quieter, but the team can pick up occasional snippets such as, "containment zone," "the Cube," and "unidentified potential combatants".

It looks like you've only just landed and already you have a potential combat on your hands! It doesn't seem like any supers are around in this group so you could try and engage directly in a fight. Alternately, you could try bluffing them with mental stress or finding another way out of the situation, depending on what you can think up.

Lager fucked around with this message at May 26, 2018 around 04:02

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: None

Wiping the last of the vomit from my mouth - Crom take all this teleportation - I stand up just in time to get an eyeful of dust as the first automatic chariot stops. The riders look like the other kid, and if she's to be believed, she's at least from a Shield. Maybe getting a lay of the land won't be so hard after all.

"You all go get our two wayward friends," I tell the others. "I can handle this."

"I want to speak to your Fury," I holler, as I brandish the eagle crest that at least once marked me as leader of The Shield. "He ought to know me. I'm him."

quote:

@RandallODim: 3d8+1d6 I Want To See Your Me! = (2+7+3)+(1) = 13
10 w/ d10 mental stress effect die

1 XP for pulling interdimensional rank, tagging Lurks/Addison

RandallODim fucked around with this message at May 26, 2018 around 04:18

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Four of the figures step out of the two vehicles in the front. They hold hands out towards the main transport vehicle, signalling it to stay put as they slowly approach. Standing close enough to the group that they block the bulk of the light from the jeeps, the team can now see that their uniforms are indeed a pretty close match to Agent Addison's, but the insignia is different. Whereas both Addison and Sir Nicholas have eagle-crests, these soldiers have an art-deco styled burning torch symbol on their uniforms. The lead soldier speaks first, "Fury? As in Nick Fury?" He looks to his comrades, before turning back to face the group. His hand is on his weapon and he lifts it from the holster but does not raise it towards the team. "Your outfit...very Rennaisance Faire, I'd say. I think we'd like to get some readings on you and have some questions answered. I'm going to have to ask all of you to come with me, please." He narrows his eyes slightly. "Now."

@Lager: 3d8 = (8+1+3) = 12; 11 with a d4 effect. They wind up beating your roll and survive the stress, you're up Agent Addison!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: None

"What Mr Fury is trying to say is that we are investigating a class-C dimensional instability. Agent Addison, acting head of SHIELD." She follows behind Sir Nicholas, ID card held high. "I understand inter-departmental protocols are always tricky, but I will need to ask for some operational leniency given the gravity of the situation."

Going for basically the same thing as Fury, but in a more official way. Team d10, Agent of (A) SHIELD d8, and splitting Psych into 2d6.

quote:

@Lurks: 1d10+1d8+2d6 = (2)+(7)+(1+4) = 14

One d6 opportunity for the GM, and 11 total with a d10 effect die. Tagging the TORCH agents to go next, because we're waiting on Lager's reply post either way and they're probably going to pop off once I mention dimensional instability.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at May 26, 2018 around 05:12

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

@Lager: 3d8 = (7+5+2) = 14; Comes out to 12 with a d8 so they win again.

The agent narrows his eyes and raises the pistol. "Maybe you didn't understand the first time. I don't care that you work for SHIELD, I don't care that you're from another dimension. I don't even care if he's Nick Fury. SHIELD has no authority, you're here in my neck of the woods right now, and Nick Fury has been dead for years. You seem like reasonable people, but we don't take kindly to strange supers showing up in the middle of a heavily restricted area, right in the path of a classified TORCH maneuver." He backs away from the group, signalling to his troops behind his back as subtly as he can. The sounds of weapons being drawn can only mean that the other TORCH agents, still largely hidden by the bright headlights of their jeeps, are now preparing themselves to fight. "I'd say I was real sorry about this, folks, but...well, let's not bullshit each other any further."

The hail of gunfire is sudden - apparently whoever TORCH is, they are not interested in fair negotiations. Or perhaps whatever in the truck is just that important...

@Lager: 3d8+6d6 = (8+6+6)+(2+5+2+4+3+4) = 40; Hahaha, holy poo poo. The mob is using an area attack SFX, so that's a 14 with a d8 for Fury, and a d6 for each other member of the team. Roll your reactions! Mega Man X is up next to act but you'll each want to roll your reaction whenever you get the chance to post.

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 1d6 Physical Stress

X stands still and tanks the bullets. They hurt, that's for sure. He falls to one knee and watches at the bullets fly towards his teammates.

Why did they do that? They engaged without properly surveying the situation! They might as well have gone in blind!

X charges the Mega Buster on his right arm and aims for the agent who had been speaking earlier. From his kneeling position, he rolls and leaps into the air before finally firing down.

quote:

Reaction to the Gunfire: 1d6+1d8+1d8=(3)+(8)+(1) That's team, durability, and combat. Yikes!

X is going to try firing at the leader.

Mega Busta: 1d6+1d8+1d6+1d8= (1)+(5)+(4)+(8) team+energyblast+reflexes+combat. So total is 13 w/d6 effect die. Two opportunities total over my two rolls.

Tagging Venom

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 2 | XP: 1 | Stress: None

So SHIELD's gone, and I'm dead here. That's just great news, but at least it's a start for intelligence.

"If that's how you want to do it, son," I grumble back at the leader, before crouching and sweeping open my coat. As they open fire, I dive to the right and draw my crossbow before landing in a roll on the edge of the road. My chainmail absorbs the impact across my shoulder, and my momentum carries me out of the line of fire and their illumination, into the ditch along the road's edge. I chuckle as I start to crawl through the shadows towards their flank. Bastards are too busy staring at what they can see, they aren't even considering what they can't.

drat it all, it feels good to be back to work.


quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:07 PM
@RandallODim: 1d8+1d10+1d6+1d10 Solo+Survive+Reflexes+Uniform+Combat w/ Focus 2d8->1d10 = (3)+(3)+(5)+(7) = 18

Spend 1 PP to add an additional die for 15 w/d10 effect

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 1 Stress: Physical d4

"Suit yourself." Addison looks oddly blase as she dives to the ground, shielding her face with her coat sleeve. Her trenchcoat shimmers slightly, it's iso-8 weave reflexively hardening under the sustained fire. She's ducked for cover enough times to know that it's only a matter of time until the rest of the team disrupts their gunline. Until then, she just has to wait it out.

For my reaction roll, using Team d10, Combat d8, Enhanced Durability d8, and I've Fought Bigger d8.

@Lurks: 1d10+3d8 = (5)+(6+3+1) = 15

So, that's 11 with a d8 effect die, which isn't enough to block the attack but is enough to knock their effect die down to d4. (Which should also have knocked X's stress down to d4, I assume?) Also a potential d8 for the Doom Pool.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

As Mega Man X shoots his Mega Buster, the lead TORCH agent dives behind the jeep. He almost makes it clear of the blast, but his shoulder catches part of the blast, sending him spinning into the ground hard. He darts behind the jeep to recover his sense of balance and prepare to return fire.

@Lager: 2d6+2d8 Reaction to Mega Man X = (4+3)+(4+5) = 16; Comes out to a 9 with a d8 effect, so he'll take a d4 physical stress. I also will be taking the opportunities that Mega Man and Addison rolled, so they each get a PP. (And I took the ones that Addison and Fury had rolled previously, also, but only mentioned it in the Discord.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 3
pre:
Physical Stress: None --> d4       Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
These projectiles are pathetic. These are slugthrowers, weapons that fire physical ammunition. You don't see many slugthrowers in the galaxy. Especially not when you're in Doom's position. Mostly, they are used in backward planets run by primitive fools. Doom was overqualified to handle this rabble.

Igniting his lightsaber, Doom used one of the oldest uses of the Power Cosmic: sensing danger and letting the Power Cosmic guide your actions. Letting it guide his hand, he deflected the shots as they came. Their numbers were great, however. A squadron on their own. And Doom was unused to fighting off physical bullets. A stray shot pinged across Doom's armored body. Nothing serious, nothing that could even hurt. But it left scratches and marks.

Doom would repay the men in kind for their insolence. No one touches Doom and lives to talk about it!

quote:

Team (D6) + Master Of The Power Cosmic (D8) + Superhuman Durability (D10) + Cosmic Senses (D10) + Acrobatics Expert (D8) = 1d6 + 2d8 + 2d10 = (6)+(6+5)+(2+2) = 21. 12 with a d10 effect.

D10 > D6 so I take D4 Physical.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON

Gaston had been drinking at the back of the group since he wasn't chosen to be the leader. All those compartments contained many, many hip flasks, and everything seemed too stupid or cryptic or convoluted for him to do anything useful or flashy. But being shot at? Being shot at, he understood.

In the split-second where the opposition's guns are being drawn, Gaston signals a mental command to his internal systems. "Chip, reinforce armor and provide me a handgun. This doesn't seem too serious." A couple of bullets casually bounce off Gaston, making annoying "tink, tink, tink" noises. He smiles at the poor agents who had the misfortune of shooting him, revealing a round caught in-between his teeth. "I'm sorry." He chuckles sadly, looking at the minor bulletholes in his 1600s-era blouse. "You really had no idea who you were dealing with. No idea. Conventional bullets!?" As another two bullets bounce off his reinforced chest, his massive left pectoral muscle flies open for a split-second and spits out a Desert Eagle, .50 cal, into his large, veiny left hand. "Let's see if you can withstand bullets as well as I can, Lumiere, retrace bullet patterns and paint hostiles."

The bastards who directly targeted Gaston suddenly show red and highlighted in his field of vision. It isn't hard to respond in kind, even using the handgun in his off-hand. They're made of meat and standing still, like the deer he used to hunt as a child. Why, at only eight years old, he was the best at procuring venison in the entire village. At least deer were fast. "You really have no idea you're dealing with Gaston?" It's a pity. They weren't the worst soldiers in the world. But no one shoots at Gaston, and no one shoots like Gaston. Blam, blam, blam.

d10 Team, d8 Arrogance Beyond Measure, d10 Superhuman Durability, d10 Superhuman Reflexes, d10 Combat Master
4d10+1d8 = (7+1+8+9)+(7)
17 result, d10 effect die, SFX allows inflicting physical stress using effect die

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom
PP:1 XP:0

Venom has been in firefights, and recognizes the sounds of a standoff going south, with just barely enough time to hit the deck. She winces as grunts and groans come from her colleagues, and rages at the goons who started shooting at the drop of a hat.

d8 Team, d8 My Alien Partner, d8 Superhuman Reflexes, d8 Superhuman Senses, d8 Acrobatics: 7,6,3,3,5, using 1 pp for 18 d8 and a win

Time for some subtle retribution, her companion cackles internally, and Felicia purses her lips grimly.

"Such brave, heroic men," she hisses, vitriol carrying across the battlefield. "Yes, yes, shoot when you encounter a non-violent group of strangers. That's what you signed up for, murder at a whim. Your parents must be so proud of you."

d8 Team, d8 My Alien Partner, d10 Siren Song, d10 Psych, 3d6 for an area attack: 5, 4, 7, 4, 1, 6, 1. 13 total, with d10/d12/d12 effects for an Ashamed emotional complication

Fury goes next

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

@Lager: 3d8 Reaction to Venom from TORCH Mob = (4+5+2) = 11; So the TORCH mob goes down, since they got a 9 with a d8 effect and Venom's effect dice beat both the mob's team affiliation dice that remain. They are done for this fight!

1d6+1d8+1d10 Affiliation die, Distinction, and Psych Master for lead TORCH agent reaction to Venom. = (1)+(2)+(7) = 10; Ouch...9 with a d4 effect die and an opportunity from the Lead TORCH Agent. I don't think you specified which effect die for which enemy, so I'll apply to d10 complication to the Lead TORCH Agent. :P He now has a d4 of Physical Stress and a d10 Ashamed Complication. The mob are now acting depressed and can't bother to keep fighting you but this rear end in a top hat presses on.

GasTRON gets a PP for his opportunity. Go ahead and take two PP, Venom - activated both opportunities to make the Doom Pool 1d10, 3d8.


As Venom shouts, the bulk of the TORCH agents withdraw back to their jeeps, unable or unwilling to keep doing battle with these mystery opponents. They begin to prepare for a full-scale retreat, but the leader orders the transport truck to stay put and he prepares to strike back at the enemy combatants single-handedly. He's either very dedicated or very stupid, or both. "I don't know who you people are, or where you came from, but you're going to answer for this! I'll make you pay!!" He shouts as he starts firing wildly at the team.

Lager fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 04:13

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Lol whoops, let's go with Spiral, then. I forget which dice roller I used, unfortunately, and I closed the tab. I can roll again, if you like. I'm now back in Discord, and I have the dice rolling channel up.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1 XP: 0

"Does it matter?" Spiral says to Venom, once they're a few paces away from the others. As soon as the trucks roll up, Spiral's ducking out of the way. Some of the others may want to jaw on, but she doubts it - guys with trucks and guns set off all her red flags. She's already tense and ready, already drawing her swords and readying throwing stars. When the shooting comes, the six-armed woman bursts into a run, which then becomes a leap and she tucks and rolls as she lands, moving towards the trucks as she does so.

Reacting to the gunfire: D8 Team, D10 Superhuman Reflexes, D10 Acrobatics Expert, D6 Speed, D10 Ruthless Fighter
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:51 AM
@Platonicsolid: 1d6+1d8+3d10 Team + Superhuman Reflexes + Acrobatics Expert + Speed + Ruthless Fighter = (3)+(5)+(10+10+10) = 38


Venom shouts and intimidates the others, while Spiral comes out of her roll, planting a foot and jumping up towards the lead TORCH agent. As she lands on the hood of the truck, two arms swinging her sword in a scissors motion to try to slice into his body from either side.

Attacking the Lead TORCH Agent - D8 Team, D8 Ruthless Fighter, D8 Multiple Arms, D8 Combat Master, D6 Whirling Blades, + D10 Ashamed complication.
SidekickBOT - Today at 12:04 PM
@Platonicsolid: 4d8 + 1d6 + 1d10 Team + Ruthless Fighter + Multiple Arms + Combat Master + Whirling Blades + Ashamed = (4+3+8+2)+(4)+(8) = 29


Tagging Torch

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at May 30, 2018 around 18:07

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Make sure to call out your total and effect dice, Platonicsolid. Looks like a 20(!) with d10 effect for your reaction, and a max of 16 with a d8 (stepped up to d10) for your attack.

@Lager: 2d6+2d8 = (3+4)+(2+3) = 12; Ouch. Comes out to 7 with a d8. Because your total beats mine by 5 points or more, you get to step up your stress by one to make it a d12 physical stress! Dude's just about toast, but he's still up and fighting for the moment.


As Spiral's swords cut deep into his flesh, shredding his armor to ribbons, the TORCH agent spits blood at the mutant warrior as he lifts his gun and fires - a last ditch effort to take out at least one opponent before he breathes his last.

@Lager: 1d6+3d8 attack on Spiral (Affiliation, Distinction, Weapon, Combat Expert) = (1)+(1+7+7) = 16; Comes out to a 14 with a d4 effect since I rolled two opportunities and can't use those.

Abandoning the zealot TORCH agent, the transport truck begins to turn along with the jeeps, the remaining agents trying to get away from the team to protect whatever cargo they're carrying.

Passing to GasTRON to finish this!

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON

PP:3 XP: 0

Gaston rolls his eyes at the unfolding scenario. He wags his finger at the lead agent. "You are a drooling moron. A mouth-breathing hermit from the mountains. You're just like him, thinking that protecting your precious artifact in the most short-sighted and odious way possible will save you." As a distracting measure, he hurls his custom Desert Eagle at the lead agent's face. "You're a big shot agent. Dual wield! Dual wield! See if you can hit my eyeball, you peasant garbage. That could maybe cause an injury."

Unarmed, Gaston dashes at the lead agent, making like he's going to pummel him into oblivion. At the least minute, his myelinated reflexes kick into overdrive, changing his direction sending him into a knee-slide directly towards the truck, kicking up sparks and dust atop the desert sands. "I would have helped you protect this stupid truck if you had just taken me to the nearest pub and bought me dinner. I went an entire dimension without eating. Hospitality in all these dimensions is awful, like they're all run by Baba Yaga." While in a forward squat in front of the truck, he yells, "The best way to secure your property is definitely not antagonizing Gaston."

"That is the opposite -"

he heaves up the truck

"of how you should encourage me to protect your personal property."

The truck comes aloft, fully vertical atop a rising suplex as Gaston's decades of deadlifting kick into gear. He gracefully allows it to fall backwards in perfect alignment with his torso, showcasing his full range of strength and flexibility.

"I'm securing whatever is in that truck for my team, and then you idiots are buying me dinner."

1d6+2d12+4d10+1d4 = (2)+(6+1)+(9+10+8+9)+(1) = 46
19, with a d12 stepped up to instakill - two SFX used (step up effect die and add d6 when using paragon powers, step up and double a paradise power for 1 PP but add effect die to doom pool)
add a d12 to doom pool in addition to complications
spend 1 PP, gain 2

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at May 31, 2018 around 01:25

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

So as discussed in Discord, I'll be adding a d8 to the doom pool in exchange for your two opportunities so 1 PP there for you, and a second PP for the d4 distinction. You've already added them so we're good to go there.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d10 Affiliation, Distinction, Psych Master for lead TORCH agent reaction to GasTRON = (4)+(3)+(10) = 17; an admirable roll, but not enough. He gets a 14 with a d8 effect. You instantly complication him out and the fight is over!


As GasTRON flips the transport truck over, mocking the TORCH agents the whole time, the leader simply drops to his knees, bleeding badly. Just like that, the fight's gone out of him. "But...you don't understand, you drat fools...None of you...understand..." His eyes glaze over as he passes out from blood loss and exhaustion. The jeeps filled with TORCH agents speed off into the distance, leaving the truck in the hands of Weapon X. From inside the cab of the truck, you can now hear the driver frantically talking on his radio through the now-shattered windows.

"I don't know who they are! We're under attack by unknown metahumans!...Listen, we just got robbed by two SHIELD agents, a Deathlok, a Symbiote, Dr. Doom in cosplay, friggin' Mega Man, and some new Spider-Woman! Send backup, now!...I don't know who! Someone with powers!"

At the back of the truck, the heavy doors have broken open to reveal a safe inside, still tightly closed. Whatever they were carrying in this truck, TORCH definitely wanted it contained.

Combat's over, feel free to discuss what to do from here with the driver, the TORCH agent bleeding out on the highway, and the mysterious container in the back of the truck!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2->3->2 XP: 1 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d6 (Covert)


"So, that's that then." Addison stands over the collapsed TORCH agent, having long since dusted herself off. "Should have just helped us when you had the chance." She reaches down, plucking an ID card from his body and sliding it into her own pocket.

"Their strike team should be responding within the next five minutes, assuming they don't have any superspeed. I'd suggest we secure whatever's left ASAP and leave as soon as we can."

Spending 1 PP to create a Covert asset in the form of an ID card I could probably bluff my way past people with.

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 XP: 0 Stress: 1d6 Physical Stress

X looks at Addison and nods.

"Agreed. I'd suggest we try and get this thing back on its wheels and move it in the direction the other agents were headed." He quickly steps from the back of the truck up to the cab. Charging the X-Buster, he casually leans against the open door and points his weapon at the driver.

"So, mind telling us what you've got locked up in the back of this thing? What is it your boss said we wouldn't understand?"

Can we flip the truck? I wanna drive!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Mega Man X - don't forget your stress has stepped down to d4. It's gone for anyone that had a d4.

Agent Addison is able to clean the blood off the ID fairly easily as she pockets the badge. As Mega Man X looks in at the cowering driver, the man holds his hands up in surrender. "I don't know what you're after, but please - I'm not a combat troop, I'm just a driver. We're just supposed to take this load of contraband to the Cube." He points down the road, in the direction the vehicles had been heading before encountering Weapon X. "It's a bunch of junk we picked up - only good for wizards, and there's none of those freaks left anymore! Just please, leave, okay? There's backup coming right now, and I really don't want to be stuck in the middle of a superpower grudge match, man!"

I'm sure one or more of you has the strength to flip the truck back over. Particularly since once of your bunch flipped it over once already. If you want to get the vehicle going, feel free to do so.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 3
pre:
Physical Stress: d4       Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Doom goes to search the truck without saying a word. There mission is known. Revive a wizard. The device drops us in a desert as a truck passes by. Inside it are magical artifacts. The Power Cosmic works in mysterious ways. Whatever we need is inside this truck or else we would not have be sent here at this exact moment.

Covok fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2018 around 01:28

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Darth Doom makes short work of the door to the safe in the back of the truck, slashing it open with one strike of his lightsaber. Inside, the safe contains a filing cabinet. Instead of a collection of different file folders within the drawers, however, each of the four drawers contains only a single plastic bag with a bizarre trinket in each. It seems as though the TORCH agents who arranged this transportation wanted these items being kept separate from one another. Each bag is covered in runic wards, seemingly intended to depower the items inside and keep the bags from being opened. On top of the cabinet there is a single file folder, relaying instructions for storage at a facility called The Cube. It would seem that wherever the truck was heading, a veritable treasure trove of mystical artifacts are being collected and kept under lock and key, away from the rest of the world. If the "Mantle that would have been Strange"

Inside the first drawer is a glittering ruby. The bag is labeled "The Bloodgem." In the second, a series of golden metallic hunks are in a heap, identified as "Shards of the Golden Mace of Heracles." The third is a spiraling rod, labeled "The Wand of Xyggondo." The fourth drawer is the most gruesome yet, as the bag contains a human head - a bald, elderly man with a white beard soaked in blood. "The Head of the Ancient One. WARNING: DO NOT ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION!" The head's eyes are open, staring up at Darth Doom unblinkingly. Suddenly, the head's mouth begins to move as congealed blood and pus pours from its lips.

"Well, this is unexpected. Tell me, have you come to take up my mission? Is there to be a new Sorcerer Supreme, so that I may finally rest?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1 XP: 0

Her swords slice into the agent, putting such a delightful tension on the blades, sending blood out across the truck. It turns and begins to rumble away, as Spiral turn and stands atop it, then leaps free as GasTRON rushes in to smash it to flip it over. Once it skits to a halt, she approaches, putting her swords away and going to see what was worth all this bloodshed. Only a brief, sidelong glance at Doom as she enters the rear of the truck with him. Multiple arms reach out to tug at the drawers. As she gets to the third, the picture begins to form.

"Magical artifacts," she says with a certain curiosity in her voice. She looks back over her shoulder at Mega Man X. "Are we to rescue these," she asks him, finally picking up the head with her lowest arms. "Or destroy them?"

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom
1PP, 0XP

"I'd volunteer to drive," Felicia remarks, "but, uh, New Yorker and superhero, never really saw much point in learning."

She almost giggles as her colleagues unload the cargo. She's not sure if it's really magical, but either way it's all Greek to her.

"You know, I figured 'magic' might be a catchall term here for everything freaky, but no, all that stuff is straight up 'I put on my robe and wizard hat'. I say we take them with us; using's another question, should probably do some research first."

She peers at the various objects, enjoying the sight even while not understanding what they do.

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 XP: 0 Stress: 1d4 Physical Stress

X looks back at Spiral, a bit taken aback by the sheer amount of blood dripping from her swords.

"Oh, we're keeping all of this stuff. And I think we're actually going to pay back our new friends in TORCH. We're going to deliver it for them, right to the Cube. I can drive, just so long as we move quickly." X analyzes the truck and then looks at the driver once more time, grabbing his seatbelt.

"What's going to be waiting for us at The Cube?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

The severed head of the Ancient One seems annoyed at Spiral's question. "Destroy them? You obviously know little of the mystic arts if you believe you can honestly destroy items such as the Bloodgem! I had thought that perhaps I had found new pupils at long last, but I see that you are as thick and dull-witted as the rest of the accursed denizens of this world!" The head...does not look at Doom, per se, as its unblinking eyes are barely able to move, but the armored man gets the feeling he is being addressed all the same, "You - I sense mystic forces at play within you. Perhaps you are intended to be the next Sorcerer Supreme? Do you wish to see the secret threads that weave the tapestry of reality?"

At the front of the truck, the driver looks prepared to make a run for it, though hesitant as the middle of a desert is not an ideal place to be trying to wander alone at night. "You guys are going to the Cube? You're crazy, man. Okay, okay, Mama O'Grady didn't raise no fools - I'll tell you what I know, just please let me out of here...There's guards all over the place there, and...well, I kind of called for backup. Like I said already, there's supers on the way and I really don't want to be stuck here...Go ahead and take the truck, maybe you can sneak in through the deliveries entrance or something." He lowers his face, speaking conspiratorially to Mega Man X, "But, hey, could you just tell me...Are you just really into Capcom cosplay, or did some supernerd make you, or what?"

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2018 around 02:56

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 XP: 0 Stress: 1d4 Physical Stress

X narrows his eyes and cocks his head a bit at the man's question.

"I was created by Dr. Thomas Light near the end of year 20XX. I feel like the man might have bristled at the term 'supernerd.' Anyway, I'm sorry to do this since you've been so forthcoming, Mister... O'Grady? But you're free to go."

And X conks the TORCH driver on the head and dumps him onto the street.

"Better unconscious than..." He looks back at Spiral once again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 3 -- > 4
pre:
Physical Stress: d4       Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Doom bristled at the head's words. The arrogance on display by this head required rebuke.

"I am Darth Doom, Dark Lord of Hydra. I have mastered ways thought by the small minded as sorcery, in the schools of both Marvel and Hydra...of light and dark." Doom, unashamedly, uses the Power Cosmic to push his cloak upwards as if it were being pushed by a continuous gust of wind. " I can already see the tapestry of the Power Cosmic, the force that guides all life. I shall take the title of Sorcerer Supreme for I am more than worthy. For I am the Master of Masters. For Doom does not live the life of normal men, he lives the exceptional and unequaled life of Doom!"

Doom extends his hand hand out as if he were grabbing a globe, grabbing the Earth. "Do you wish to join by my side? To become a part of the unending legacy of Doom? Then I accept your offer and I accept the title that is rightfully mine...the title of Sorcerer Supreme."

1 XP when you speak about how you were once Great and Powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2->3->2 XP: 1 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d6 (Covert)


"Don't look at me." Addison shrugs at Venom. "I've been flown everywhere for the past four years... Wait. Wait wait wait, did he just 20XX-you already knocked him out. Okay."

She's pacing now, and rubbing her temple in that way no one really wants to. Deadpool always made 20XX and Dr Light jokes, and Capcom's definitely a company, so does that mean... No, no, it could just be a coincidence. There's practically infinite universes, it doesn't mean he was literally tearing bars out of existence or anything. It's fine. It's-wait, wait, did Doom's sword make the lightsaber noise when he cut through that door? Like, literally the lightsaber noise? It can't be. It... actually could be considering, if the power cosmic is just the... No. No. She can think about this later when there isn't a strike force en route.

"Okay. Okay. We need someone who can drive who looks like they could be driving a TORCH vehicle, so you better..." She pauses and slowly looks up GasTRON's chest until she's staring him in the eye. "Let me guess. No one can drive stick like Gaston."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply