Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1 XP: 0

Spiral uses a middle hand to hold the Bloodgem up for Venom to take a look at it, inside its plastic baggy. The head gets tossed and turns and then held up so she's looking it in the eyes. "Anything can be destroyed," she says. "If you put in enough effort." A look over to Doom, and she tosses the head to him. "Your new friend talks too much," she says, turning her attention back to the other artifacts. She goes through each and organizes them, then looks around and finds a disused duffel bag to pack them away in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 1 | XP: 1 | Stress: None

Standing to the side of the group, I smoke and waits as everyone else fawns over whatever useless trinkets these TORCH idiots managed to get their hands on. There's one thing I'd want, and I doubt even superstitious idiots like these would bother with a caravan if they had a cloak of teleportation. Or maybe they would; look how easily my idiots took care of them, after all.

As for the only fella I'd say has worse luck at not having the good sense to die than me? You've seen one animated head, you've seen 'em all. Poor geezer isn't even a third the size of The Arnim Zardoz.

Taking another drag, I wait for us to get going towards someone who might have some sense in this world.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON
PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: None

GasTRON grins, obliquely acknowledging his most famous song. "No one flips like Gaston." With a deft squat and jerk, he lifts up the truck and flips it 180 degrees, righting it. "I do drive. I prefer motorcycles or horses, but this will do, this will do." He sizes up the truck, the desert, and looks around quizzically. "Where, though, are we going again? Do we have a map?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

The head scowls at Spiral, but as she tosses it to Doom, the head of the Ancient One smirks slightly. At least it appears to be a smirk. It's hard to tell with decapitated heads with almost no muscle control. "An eager pupil, I see." The head's eyes roll upwards, and the pure whites of its eyes seem to...glow, slightly. The runes on the evidence bag begin to pulsate, and steam. Soon, the Ancient One's eyes return to...normal would be a bridge too far, really. "Ah. I see potential within you, but you are not to be the Sorcerer Supreme of this world. You bear no connection to the lay lines of this dimension. I was unaware you and your companions had traveled so far! Disappointing...

"Very well, I shall allow you all to accompany me and journey to find the one destined to be the next Sorcerer Supreme. You are most fortunate."

Meanwhile, at the front of the truck, Eric O'Grady, agent of TORCH grins ear to ear as Mega Man X explains his origins. Right up until the moment his favorite childhood video game icon cold cocks him. In the future, the young driver will spend most of his life swearing that he didn't make the whole thing up.

As the team piles into the newly righted truck, with GasTRON behind the wheel, it is not hard to figure out where they're going. The road is quite singular, and the Cube looms into sight before long. The head of the Ancient One is the first to speak, "It would be an inauspicious beginning to our quest, distant travelers, if you were to simply be captured upon approach to this vile prison. Tell me, do you have a plan to infiltrate, and spirit away the tools which we must provide the next Sorcerer Supreme? Something tells me that simply approaching the front gate in a mostly demolished truck that has already been reported as being attacked will not go well..."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 1->2 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d6 (Covert)


drat it, he might be that Gaston.

"We're going to the Cube, and I'm calling shotgun." Addison circles around, jerking open the mostly-mangled passenger side door. "Just remember, let me do the talking."

-----

"Well, I had a plan. Drive up, flash the ID around, say we just barely got out alive, sneak in right under their noses. May have overestimated how well the van would hold up, though." She leans out the side through the shattered window, tapping her fingers on the side-view mirror.

"Now... It'd be easiest to sneak in on foot while their strike team is trying to catch the team who attacked their convoy. If they're any good, they'd have set off already. I know we would have done it by now back home. Here... Judging by their guards, they're probably still lacing up their boots."

Talking about how much better my universe was, giving myself XP.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 1 | XP: 1

"There's always making a distraction," Sir Nicholas says, not looking up from checking his crossbow. "One group of us raises hell, the other smashes straight through to what we're looking for before we all get the hell out." Twirling a bolt between his fingers, The Fury glances up to the group. "TORCH clearly aren't going to be our boon companions, and we don't know what time we've really got for any of this." He jerks a thumb over his shoulder towards Doom. "Between this one and the golems, I doubt they could mount a meaningful resistance before we're gone." The twinge of a smile appears at the corner of his mouth. "And it's not like we need to care about burning our covers here. Best case, we'll never have to think about this place again."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 4
pre:
Physical Stress: d4 --> None*       Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Doom is not hurt by the head's words. Why would Doom? It makes only logical sense. The Sorcerer Supreme need be attached to this world's tapestry. Doom is clearly worthy, but a technicality denies him. A sensible one. If Doom were from this world, he would clearly be Sorcerer Supreme.

And, with that Doom, loses his interest in the talking head. If the magic it provides cannot grow his connection to the Power Cosmic nor can he access this world's ley lines, then it simply is a hunk of talking flesh. Useful only if it truly knows pertinent details.

At least it seems to ask good questions, considering the dialogue of entry it started.

Doom hears the two agents of their respective SHIELDS speak of deception and a frontal assault. Both have holes, but a frontal assault on a fortress is a fool's errand. Classic fortress design dictates that the outermost defenses are the most extreme while the innermost defenses are lacking. But, this is not a fortress. It is a prison. It is fortified to keep people in more than keep people out. Getting inside would not just give us the advantage either. But the same tricks to keep people out can easily make it hard to sneak in. It would be easier, but still dangerous.

Getting inside through deception is valid, but keeping a low profile is best.

Doom looks at his hand.

"Prisons are built to keep people in. Their inner defenses will be tough. But, they assume prisoners. People without weapons and who are kept virtually powerless. The methods to find escaped prisoners also makes it hard to sneak in. The best way to disrupt the system is to blend in with the guard. Deceive them into letting us go where we wish." Doom looks at Mega Man. He is the assigned leader. Doom needs trust to use this team. Trust is the currency of any collaboration. Trust and fear, but fear is something Doom lacks...since Franklin Richards. "My mastery of the Power Cosmic allows me to influence the weak minded. I can try to convince someone we are special guests. If I know myself, I am no doubt a powerful leader in this world, likely greatly respected and feared. Visiting a prison full of dangerous magicks through diplomatic channels is the best leverage of my other's political powers, if this version is worthy of the name of Doom."

Doom pauses, "How do we proceed, Droid?"

*We entered a transition scene so my stress step backs by 1 step.

Covok fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2018 around 00:13

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 XP: 0 Stress: 1d4 Physical Stress

"I get what you're saying, Doom. I have a feeling this mission won't end with us quietly walking out of a prison with a sorcerer in tow, but keeping things quiet as long as possible might benefit us. GasTRON drives us with Addison up front. The rest of us should take point in the back of the truck. Doom, you do what you can to make our truck look normal and have them accept Addison's credentials. Venom, my world's Venom can shapeshift. Can you? It might benefit you to look like one of the agents we eliminated back there. If not, then stick to the back of the truck with Spiral, Fury, and I just in case things go pear-shaped."

X was used to having people listen to him - follow orders - but he barely knew these people, and trusted maybe half of them. Addison for sure, and probably Venom - he'd known a Gwen Stacy and she didn't seem too far off. GasTRON seemed dumb enough to at least follow orders so long as X appealed to his vanity. Doom, Spiral, and even Fury seemed like they might go off the reservation any minute.

"Maybe... once we get closer to the base, we do as Addison suggested. Spiral, Fury, and I could hop out and try a side approach while the rest go for the more direct subterfuge. All of this might depend on Doom's magicks and what the front gates look like as we approach."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1, XP: 0

Ah, a prison break. Spiral gets brief flashbacks to that last mission in Genosha, to get her fellow rebels out of the camp. Her muscles twitch with the memory.

"They will expect a diversion," she says, "but it will benefit us more than them. I agree with your plan, droid."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post



For most of the team, resting in the back of the truck along with the head of the Ancient One, the drive seems to take forever. Even for GasTRON and Venom, sitting in the driver's and passenger's seats respectively, the drive is long, dark, and flat. The mountains and valleys in the distance seem to almost mock the pair, as some interesting topography would at least make the drive less boring. Still, the Cube continues to get closer, appearing larger and larger, and apparently Agent O'Grady had some snacks in the cab as well. A box filled with chocolate donuts is plenty inviting to the hungry Gaston and his companion.

The facility is truly massive and strange, appearing as a literal cube suspended on one of its vertices. The cube is surrounded by a tall fence and thick walls, with bright spotlights illuminating the perimeter. They can just make out the figures of guards on patrol. It seems to be time to give it a shot. A large gate in the fence, manned by five TORCH agents, with sniper towers to either side just inside the perimeter, seems to be the main entrance to the facility. They appear alert, and seem to be watching the truck intently, but the team is still far enough away that they are able to slow their approach to let some of the team out the back to sneak around to the side and attempt to infiltrate as the truck tries to find its way through the main gate.

The head of the Ancient One whispers to the others as the truck begins to slow, "Finally, we can get on with it. If only I still had my arms, I could have had us within the Cube and completed this mission hours ago. Your pitiful plans may yet succeed, if I have underestimated your competence. Bring me inside, so that I may ensure that you do not fail."

There are two TORCH Snipers at the front gate, along with a 2d8 mob of TORCH Gatekeepers checking clearance and IDs. They were certainly not expecting the truck to be arriving, from what the team can tell, so you'll need to do some convincing. Feel free to roll up any assets that you want to use, or spend PPs on resources to boost your chances. We're still in a transition scene so you have time to make some moves.

It sounds like you're going to split up, as well, so decide which team is going to take the head of the Ancient One, and let me know who is going with GasTRON and Venom and who is going to sneak out the back and try to get through the fence in some other way.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: N/A

Gaston gorges himself on the chocolate donuts, eating each in one bite. "These aren't bad. German origin? I hope this prison has some beer. I'm parched." After he finishes eating, he waves to everyone in the back. "All the IDs, I'll need them. We could car bomb the front entrance, but fighting these idiots is boring. Tink-tink-tink. Throw a smoke grenade! Plus, a prison in lockdown mode will take forever to move through, and I only want to go about another two hours at most sober. This day is dragging on."

The cyborg starts slotting the IDs into an area in his spinal cord, attempting to check the contained information and rewrite everything to make their group sound like an above-top-secret task force of extradimensional heroes. Which they are. So it's plausible. And he did hunt bastard mutants. He did! Could he be out there in one of these worlds? If he were in this world, maybe they're even holding him in this prison... A normal man would be exhausted from the day's events and pass out into a food coma from eating so many doughnuts, but Gaston's stamina allows him to redouble his efforts and keep hacking.

Gaston starts rewriting the IDs and begins humming to himself, focusing his concentration.

"We're in TORCH, We're in TORCH
Not the lily-livered redshirt boys
Playing with some simple toys
But a very very special teeeeeam,
We're in TORCH, We're in TORCH
not some simple bureaucrats
who file complex papers
by the reaaaaaaammm
We're in TORCH, We're in TORCH
And we're going to the prison now
To do some things they won't allow
And wake this lovely world from its dreaaaammm"

18 with a d10 effect die to make a Good Fake IDs asset. Spent 1 PP to step up and double hacking, 1 PP to to keep an additional die. Add a d10 to the doom pool and GM gets 1 opportunity. 1 more PP to make Good Fake IDs a scenelong asset

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2018 around 04:31

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Outside the Cube

@Lager: 1d10+4d8+1d12 Doom Pool Reaction to GasTRON = (5)+(7+1+2+7)+(8) = 30; So comes out to a 15 with a d10 effect for the Doom Pool. You can take a PP, I added a d6 now for your opportunity. I also rolled an opportunity here, meaning that if anyone else wants to do an asset roll or anything else, they can spend a PP to add a d10 stunt instead of the usual d8 stunt die. Anyway, your asset is ready and added to the bookkeeping post! Do you want to spend a PP to make it permanent for the next scene?

Gaston feels pretty satisfied with his work, and his impromptu song. The plan seems to be coming along nicely.

From the rear, the head of the Ancient One seems to look towards Sir Nicholas the Fury, though granted it's very difficult to detect much movement from the dead, cold eyes of the head, and mutters, "You are a strange lot, I must say. I am a talking head in a magic baggie, but a singing robot? I would shudder to think of what oddities you have in store, if I still had a body with which to shiver."

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

1PP, 0XP

Venom breathes deeply, focusing on the gestalt of the TORCH agents. The smell, the equipment, the clothing, the demeanor. Shapeshifting had never been her specialty -- she was mobile enough to sneak her way in most places, and her buddy didn't really have the skill to mimic someone well enough for psychological warfare. Still, if she could pull this off, the whole team would be much better equipped to carry out the mission. And she'd be closer to her Peter and Gwen...

The symbiote did her best to emulate the outerwear of the secret agents; fortunately, they were mostly in black anyway. Some of her face would be exposed, but the helmet and googles would take care of the lion's share. Body language . . . 'I'm an agent of TORCH. We're keeping the world safe, and there are a lot of weirdoes we don't trust to behave themselves. I'm a professional, and I'm doing my job.'


1d8 Team, 1d8 My Alien Partner, 1d10 Superhuman Senses, 1d10 Psych, 1d10 Fake Identification: 1, 5, 3, 3, 7 - 12d10 Looking Like Torch vs the Doom Pool

CaptainCarrot fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2018 around 00:35

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 2 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d6 (Covert)


While Gaston is warbling in the front seat, Agent Addison is checking and rechecking her gear in the back. Her old reliable custom Pincer is reloaded and placed in her shoulder holster. The belts strapping her combat knife to her thigh have been re-tightened. The P.E.W. Quell's nacelles have been realigned and are ready to fire should this mission go loud enough for plasma. Nano-nurse is primed and on a quick-release holster on her belt should medical attention prove necessary. Not the loadout she'd want for a sneaking mission, but since SHIELD's armory got erased with everything else she'll take what she can get.

"I'll take point on the infiltration. Who's coming with me?"

Not creating any assets, because the doom pool scares me and I'd rather save the PP for getting us in.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Outside the Cube

@Lager: 1d6+4d8+1d10+1d12 Doom Pool v Venom = (3)+(7+4+2+3)+(8)+(12) = 39; Well that's not gonna help. 20 with a d8.

Venom is able to match the appearance of a TORCH agent, and feels...fairly confident about her ability to bluff her way into the Cube, barring any significant drama. Still, she can't seem to shake her memories of Pete and Gwen. What were they up to now? They must be thinking Felicia is...Well, it's hard to shake the thoughts.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1

It's a long, tedious ride. No matter, she's waited before. Spiral sits in the back of the truck, legs tented upward, fiddling with her swords, adjusting them, twitching them this way and that in different hands.

As they arrive, the six-armed woman stands and stretches her arms, then slides her swords back onto her back and she looks at Addison and nods. Choice made.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1 ---> 2
XP: 4
pre:
Physical Stress: None      Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
"The Droid was decisive. A good trait in the leader. Perhaps serving under his leadership would prove fruitful, until the time is right. As for the others, they prove competency, in their own ways. The IDs are a good quality forgery and the shapeshifter did a near perfect mock-up of the uniform." Doom thought confidently, "Everything is looking right."

All that was left for the team was the final step. For Doom to use a Marvel Mind Trick.

Doom leans in behind the driver's seat of the car. If he can release the energy at just the right moment, the guard will think only that everything is normal and approve their entrance. If not, then things will go south fast. Doom mediates on his hate, his pain, and his loss. He uses it to fuel his connection to the Dark Side. He conjures the Power Cosmic as best he can, what little he can find, and readies himself.

1d6 (Team) + 1d8 (Master of the Power Cosmic) + 1d6 (Mind Control) +1d8 (Mystic Expert) + 1d10 (Fake IDs asset) = 3d8 (Focus 1d6+1d6 to 1d8) +1d10 = 8, 8, 1, 5 = 16 with a D10 Effect

Covok fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2018 around 23:03

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 XP: 0 Stress: 1d4 Physical Stress

X was... surprised at how willing most of the team was to go along with his ideas. It looked like Addison was going to take Fury and Spiral inside while GasTRON, Venom, and Doom distracted those at the front. X wasn't sure where he was needed more. He still didn't fully trust Doom and GasTRON was a wildcard. Venom could probably keep them under control, though. Still, X was no stealth expert. He was a loud, clunky Reploid.

"I'll stick with the truck. Doom, I'm counting on you to keep us masked - you and I, at the very least, are going to stick out like big metallic thumbs. Addison, if things go wrong up here we'll just bust right in. Take the old head with you and make sure it keeps quiet. Our mission is still the same: we're looking to 'awaken the great beast,' so figuring out just what in the world that is is priority one and I've got a feeling the old man can help. Fury, Spiral, if you encounter any resistance: do what you have to do."

X was surprised at how cold that sounded, but there was more to this situation than a few lives, right? Would Cap have approved? Would Zero? Was this the right thing? Doing something like "awakening the great beast" would have absolutely been something he would have advised against in another world.

"Venom, do the talking. We were able to escape, despite some of our men going down. GasTRON, you're O'Grady. Keep your eye on the road. Doom, do the magics. Keep us quiet. And if all else fails..."

X charged his X-Buster.

"We tip this place over."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Outside the Cube

Sir Nicholas the Fury, Agent Addison, and Spiral slip out of the back of the truck, rolling and sneaking off to the side, approaching the perimeter of the fence at an unguarded spot. Tucked under the Fury's arm, the decapitated head of the Ancient One is silent, waiting for them to get inside such that he can begin dispensing infinitely useful wisdom and advice once more.

The truck rolls on, approaching the checkpoint at the large gate, as one of the guards holds his hand out and steps in front of the truck, signalling them to slow and stop.

Perimeter Fence



By the time the infiltration team reaches the fence, it is almost pitch black out, the darkest point of the night. This serves their purposes well. They hear no movement at all. The spotlights on the guard towers do not come any nearer than 10 meters or so. It seems that this is the best spot to make their approach. The chain link fence, 20 foot high and covered in razor wire at the top, is their only real obstacle now.

Checkpoint

Take a PP, Covok.

@Lager: 3d8+1d6 = (7+7+4)+(2) = 20, 14 with a d8 for the defense. I'm figuring this will go for mental stress, but if you were planning it as a complication just let me know and I'll update my bookkeeping. For now, the mob of guards just took a d10 mental stress which knocks them down to a much less aggressive 1d8 mob.


The guards at the front of the gate, weapons raised and fingers on their triggers, surround the truck. They appear very suspicious of the arrival of a truck they had believed was captured by unidentified enemy forces, but at least they didn't attack immediately..."Hands where we can see them! Identify yourselves, and exit the vehicle!" Darth Doom decides it is now or never on beginning to use his Marvel powers to assault the minds of these TORCH agents. They appear almost immediately more amenable, though they still have weapons up and on Gaston and Felicia.

The leader of the guards speaks again, "Stay in the vehicle, and present your IDs, now!" He hits the side of the truck's door, to emphasize the point, and holds up one hand to receive the badges.

Covok, we'll say Darth Doom took the first action in this engagement, so you'll need to tag someone to go next. Probably Gaston or Felicia.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2->1 XP: 2->3 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d6 (Covert)


Two agents of SHIELD, a mutant separatist and a severed head walk into a chain link fence. Sounds like a bad joke. Too bad the real joke here's that the security let them get here in the first. No spotlight coverage. No guard rotation passing by. They've put up sensors to detect when the fence is broken, but look at it. They put one here, in a blind spot, within reach? Rookie error.

"This would never fly back home..."

Addison mumbles under her breath as she runs her knife along the sensor's seam, eventually giving it a sharp thwack and popping it's shell off completely. A few crossed wires later, and she was now free to start dealing with this fence. Most people wouldn't try to cut through a chain link fence with a knife. Most knives weren't made to punch through HYDRA power armor. Soon, a quick hole is carved into the fence just above the ground. Now there's just going through it...

Team d10, Agent of (A) Shield d8, Weapon d8, Covert d8, and spending one die to create an Aggressive Rewiring stunt to represent me fiddling with their stuff with a knife.

@Lurks: 1d10+4d8 = (8)+(7+7+1+8) = 31

That'll be 15 with a d8 effect die, plus one d8 Opportunity for the GM to possibly take. Also, taking 1 XP from calling their security design incompetent, unlike mine.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 2
XP: 4
pre:
Physical Stress: None      Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
I just got back from work. I'm phone posting so I tag Gaston.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: N/A

Gaston holds out his ID in his left hand to the guard, while lifting up his right hand holding a large-caliber silenced sidearm. Doom's display showed that these were mere yokels. The way to impress yokels is with a song!

As he made gestures of non-violence and held out his ID, he began to sing while gently titling the sidearm towards his temple.

We are guests!
We are guests
Put our powers to test
I take a bullet in my head, boy
And yet I'm still the best!


With that, a quiet "tink" rings out, Gaston drops the gun, and he turns his temple to the TORCH mob, grinning.

I can ensure
We have orders
Why, we only live to serve!
We'll cast your enemies into the void
Don't believe me? Ask our Android!


He looks directly into the eyes of the agent, smiling and doing his best to overawe him, but in a way that isn't directly threatening.

We can sing
We can dance
Our technology is quite advanced
And our loyalty is never second best


He shows his right hand to make clear that he dropped the gun, and advances the ID forward with his left and continues,

Go on, inspect our ID
Take a glance and you'll know
We are guests
Oui, your guest
We are guests!


Rolling: d10 team, d8 arrogance beyond measure, d10 superhuman durability, d10 big guns, d10 musical master, d10 Good Fake IDs, and d6 SFX for using physical powers to inflict emotional stress, so 5d10+1d8+1d6
Total is 18, effect die is d10 stepped up to d12 (step up effect die when using physical powers to inflict emotional stress.) Rolled one opportunity for the GM, took one PP.
Tagging Venom! You're up.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at Jun 21, 2018 around 00:20

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Perimeter Fence

@Lager: 5d8+1d10+1d12 Doom Pool = (7+3+3+5+6)+(1)+(5) = 30; 13 with a d12 effect, so you're through without complication. For now...Adding a d6 to the doom pool for Addison's opportunity so take a PP if you haven't already.

Agent Addison deftly disables the fence and cuts it open, crawling through with Sir NIcholas following behind. The hole is barely big enough for Spiral, as her extra arms do require a bit of care to get through. Soon enough, they are on the other side, and continue moving to the inner walls. They move as silently as possible, avoiding spotlights and patrolling TORCH agents as well as they can, and soon enough they make it to a large, concrete inner wall. The cube looms high into the air on the other side, they just have to scale this wall and find a way in to the bizarre structure. The wall is patrolled by guards, but fortunately the trio have not been spotted that they can tell. They just have to wait for the patrol to pass so they can climb over...

Time to roll against this here doom pool again to see if any complications ensue with scaling the thick inner wall! Whoever wants to crack it can take action.

Checkpoint

As Gaston's display of raw animal magnetism commits emotional warcrimes on the TORCH agents, they take his ID somewhat...hesitantly. Exchanging looks between each other, they back away very...very slowly. One of the agents goes into the small booth to the side of the checkpoint, checking the badge on the computer. The badges come back...surprisingly clean, and the TORCH agents raises an eyebrow, returning to the truck and looking to the leader of the pack of TORCH agents. "Um...it came back clean...sir?"

The leader looks at Gaston, incredulously as his underlings start opening the gate. "What...happened out there? We got a call from O'Grady, and then you showed up here, but without the escort. Your badge is clean, but..."

@Lager: 2d8+1d6 Mob going down... = (5+3)+(3) = 11; 8 with a d8, so yeah, they're extra seriously down. Adding another d6 to the pool for the opportunity from Gaston. The Snipers aren't fighting so this scene is over! Except...oh wait...

As the gate opens, Gaston starts to drive through. That seemed easy enough, these TORCH fools are pretty worthless overall.

Suddenly, out of the sky, a rocket comes down right on the front of the truck, smashing through the engine as the truck comes to a sudden halt as though it hit a brick wall. The smoke clears, and it becomes evident that what hit them was no rocket. It was a man, wearing a blue set of battlearmor.

The armored figure stands up straight, aiming one arm straight at Gaston's head. "Get. Out."

Quickly thereafter, the new arrival's comrades make their presence known, as a group of...heroes? Villains?...land on the ground. A man in a red and blue combat uniform, bearing a somewhat familiar shield, who had held aloft by a woman in a red costume with large, powerful red wings growing from her back. And finally, the last member of this bizarre team leaps out of the sky, landing with a thunderous *THOOOOOOOM* - a massive, hulking man in a green inverness coat. Apparently, the Avengers have arrived.

Cobalt Man has arrived! Along with this world's Avengers - Battlestar, the Red Raven, and Mr. Hyde! Venom, you're up! This is officially a combat scene. You took out the mob so no worries there, but those two snipers will be helping these guys out so you'll have to contend with them all.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 21, 2018 around 01:29

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1

Spiral drops out of the truck and moves, quietly and quickly, with the others, following towards the fence. Addison seems to know what she's doing as she cracks open the sensor. Through the fence and then past spotlights towards the cube. Spiral twists about and arches her back as she looks up at the angle of the cube wall. The mutant takes on a stern look. From a pouch on her belt she pulls a long line, and clips it to a hook on her belt.

"Wait here, humans," she says. With that, she leaps towards thew all, and stabs at it with two short blades. Between her many hands and the thick tread of her boots, she works her way up, line dangling behind her.

Team (d8) + Enhanced Strength (d8) + Multiple Arms (d8) + Acrobatic Master (d10)
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:12 PM
@Platonicsolid: 1d10 + 3d8 Climbing the wall! = (4)+(5+5+7) = 21

Tagging Nick!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Inner Walls

@Lager: 2d6+5d8+1d12 Doom Pool v Spiral = (5+4)+(6+5+8+6+4)+(5) = 43; 14 with a d12, but all you really needed was a success to not trigger any kind of alarm or other nonsensery.

Spiral scales the wall deftly and silently, and manages to slip down the other side, securing the line as she does so to give the others an easier time of it. The Fury and Agent Addison are able to follow swiftly after, pulling the rope line back over just as a spotlight shines over the section of wall, a pair of guards crossing through just as the group is out of sight. They breathe a sigh of relief as they dart towards the Cube itself. The bizarre structure appeared at first to be a massive cube suspended on one end, but arriving closer, it becomes evident that the cube itself has no entrance, but is instead attached to a massive underground complex of some sort. There are entrances leading down into the prison, but guards are stationed all around the area. The team hides as best they can, but the patrols are far more aggressive in this area and it may be difficult to get in without either a fight or a plan.

Fury can take an action next if he has one in mind, or you can all talk amongst yourselves before committing to a course of action!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 3 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d6 (Covert)


"Huh. Guess they're putting the effort in somewhere." Addison scowls as she looks over the mass of security in front of them.

"Frontal assault is a no go. We could fight one pack of guards, maybe two. Not all of them. Still..." She glances over at the distant explosions at the main entrance. "They should be pretty distracted, considering. We might be able to bluff our way through this."

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

1PP, 0XP

Well, this is . . . not great.

"I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding," she croons, watching the whole motley band at once. A careful eye would catch any discontent with the speech she gave, and give her just a moment to change direction. 'Smelling fear' was a bit of a misnomer, but she similarly had faith that any sudden turn would make the aggressor sweat just that little bit more.

"After all, we're here using official materiel and IDs, and who but TORCH would walk right up to this base and seek admittance using normal procedures?" she asked rhetorically, which technically didn't count as lying because shut up.

"I'll ask Internal Affairs not to yell at you for wrecking the truck out of the blue, even though all you needed to do was land and tell us to stop," Venom assures the armored man. Was she teasing him or trying to establish a false familiarity with their structure and paperwork, she wondered.

Team d8, My Alien Partner d8, Superhuman Senses d8, Siren Song d8, Area Attack 5d6, Psych d10 to create These Are Our Guys? complication: 1d10+4d8+5d6: (10)+(5+7+4+8)+(5+5+4+4+4). 1pp used for 25 total, d10s for Cobalt Man and Battlestar, d8s for Red Raven, Mr Hyde and the snipers.

Since everybody's still active, TORCH gets to go next.

CaptainCarrot fucked around with this message at Jun 24, 2018 around 10:42

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 1 | XP: 1

"Alright," The Fury says, placing the Ancient One on the ground unceremoniously. "We should only need two," he continues, as he glances between his companions.

"For the-" He looks specifically to Spiral. "-obvious reasons."

Drawing a blade from his belt, The Fury takes to the shadows. "Just wait here," he grumbles as he leaves.

@RandallODim: 1d8+1d8+1d10+1d10 tactical espionage action (Solo, The Shield, Focus Combined [Enhanced Reflexes, Weapons], Covert Master)= 15 w/ d10 effect to create Disguise asset for our upcoming bluffing roll

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

Battlestar: @Lager: 1d10+3d8+1d12 Battlestar Reaction (Adding a d12 from doom pool) = (8)+(5+4+4)+(1) = 22; Take a pp, because I'mma keep that d12 for the next roll! And to avoid complicating him out, I'mma spend 2d8 from the doom pool to make this a 21 with a d4 effect die.

Cobalt Man: @Lager: 1d10+3d8+1d12 Cobalt Man Reaction (d12 from doom pool) = (3)+(7+1+8)+(9) = 28; Take another pp, keeping that there d12! Spending another d8 from the doom pool to make it a 24 with a d10 effect.

Red Raven: @Lager: 1d10+2d8+1d6+1d12 Red Raven Reaction (d12 from doom pool) = (3)+(3+4)+(2)+(5) = 17 Same as before - take a pp so I can keep that drat die! Spending a d6 from the doom pool to make it an 11 with a d10 effect die. That steps your attack down to a d6, but it gets stepped up twice (11 vs. 25 = 14 difference) to a d10 against Red Raven!

Mr. Hyde: @Lager: 2d10+2d8+1d12 Mr Hyde Reaction (d12 from doom pool) = (10+3)+(4+3)+(10) = 30; Take another pp! Mr. Hyde gets a natural 20, I'mma keep that as 20 with a d10 effect. That steps it down to a d6, but you win by 5 points so that steps it back up to a d8 against Hyde.

Sniper A: @Lager: 2d8+1d6 Sniper A = (4+7)+(4) = 15; 11 with a d6.

Sniper B: @Lager: 2d8+1d6 Sniper B = (5+6)+(3) = 14; 11 with a d6.

So comes out to: Battlestar d10; Cobalt Man d10; Red Raven d10; Mr. Hyde d8; Both snipers are at a d12.

Doom pool's at 1d6, 2d8, 1d12. I also rolled 2 opportunities, which you can spend pp to activate for bonus effects on your actions.



The armored figure tilts his head, somewhat confused at the absolute gall of Felicia's reaction. He had expected a slugfest, not being lectured by someone who was almost certainly a hostile target. He looks over to his star-spangled comrade, shrugging slightly and gesturing towards her, "Is this for real, Battlestar? She's going to try and lecture the Avengers, for crying out loud?" Battlestar responds with a smirk.

Red Raven crosses her arms, waiting for the spectacle to be over. "Yeah, pretty sure we outrank her, whoever she is. These clowns are either buying time, insane, or...maybe she's legit? Hyde, what do you think?"

Hyde spits on the ground, smashing his fist into his palm. "Whoever she is, let TORCH sort it out, I say. Let's toss 'em all in the Cube and let them manage their own. We've got better things to do."

Battlestar speaks finally, holding up his hand to his fellow Avengers to silence the debate. "Whoever you are, be assured that if your story checks out, you'll be released in due time. You're going to have to come with us." He cracks his neck from side to side, adopting a combat position and defensive posture. "One way, or the other." The rest of the Avengers move around to flank the truck, but they all give each other questioning looks. Apparently Venom's words have made them just that little bit more unsure of themselves and the truth of the situation.

The snipers, concealed up in their towers, are more than content to let the Avengers settle this out, watching from their nests and hoping that this all just goes away. Even well-trained agents don't like the prospect of being in the middle of a supers battle. Even so, looking to each other and signalling back and forth quietly, they seem to find their nerve as they steady their rifles and fire. The first sniper aims directly in front of Venom, as the other sniper fires right past Gaston's ear. They fire off a few more rounds in rapid succession to accentuate the point, as the Avengers stand at the ready.


Sniper A is up! @Lager: 1d6+2d8+1d10 Sniper A vs. Venom = (5)+(3+6)+(9) = 23, comes out to a 15 with a d8 effect for emotional stress as they attempt to intimidate you.

Sniper B next, taking the same basic action against Gaston. @Lager: 1d6+2d8+1d10 Sniper B vs. GasTRON = (2)+(5+7)+(5) = 19, comes out to a 12 with a d10 effect for emotional stress.

I'll tag Battlestar next, but I'm going to wait for the Sniper's actions to resolve before he takes his turn - narratively, the command to surrender has been given. If you guys all agree to come along quietly for questioning, then the fight is over and you'll move on to an interrogation scene. If you do not immediately surrender, Battlestar is going to attack (somewhat) preemptively.


Entrance to the Cube

@Lager: 1d6+2d8+1d12 Doom Pool vs. Fury = (6)+(7+1)+(9) = 23; 16 with a d6 effect. No dice on an asset, but I'm going to narrate it as you got what you wanted, but it's just not enough to trigger an extra die. Narratively, you succeeded even if mechanically you failed. Also rolled another opportunity if anyone wants to use that for a boosted stunt or anything.

The Fury slips into the shadows, stalking a few stray guards with his blade glinting faintly in the dim light of the moon. In the low light, it almost feels like he's back in Manhaton, tailing agents of Kulan Gath through the back alleys, littered with waste and rats, and illuminated only by distant torches from the omnipresent taverns. This place, at least, smelled a lot less like a toilet. Soon enough, Sir Nicholas comes back with a pair of uniforms for he and Addison. The fit is...less than ideal, but it should be enough to not detract from their story, even if it won't necessarily seal the deal.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 25, 2018 around 02:11

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

4PP, 0XP

Team d8, My Alien Partner d8, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Psych d10, These Are Our Guys? d12: 1, 5, 3, 5, 1. Balls. 10 d10, for d8 emotional stress.

Venom definitely does not yelp as the bullet hits all of an inch from her foot. Nope. Anybody who says that is totally hearing things. Either the sniper wasn't fully committed, or she moved out of the way just in time, but she gets the feeling it was supposed to be an even closer miss. Not that it makes her feel much better.

In Klyntar culture, this is considered a dick move.

"Alternative proposal: you all eat a bag of dicks!" she snarls. "What the hell is wrong with you? I guess professionalism is too much to ask when some chucklefuck gets his booger hook on a bang cannon?!"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2->1 XP: 3 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d6->d8 (Covert)


First off, using my Rebuilt Arsenal SFX to step up my TORCH ID to d8 and add a d6 to the doom pool.

"Alright, Spiral. This coat doesn't go with the armor, so you're going to have to hold onto it for me. Don't lose it." Addison holds up her trench coat for the multi-armed mutant, her TORCH helmet slightly askew. "Fury, you hold her arms. I'll keep a gun on her. Got it? Good. Remember, I'll do the talking."

-Soon, at a guard checkpoint...-

"Everyone, out of our way! We got a live one over here!" Addison backs towards the TORCH agents, pistol aimed directly at Spiral's head. "Class-D mage, Mojoverse influences. Caught her trying to sneak over the west fence while we were distracted by the punch-up at the main gate. Just do me a favor and help me escort her to the cells." She flashes her stolen ID at the guards with her free hand, just quick enough to not quite tell who's picture is on it.

Rolling to actually get into the Cube. Team d10, Agent of (A) Shield d8 because agency jargon is agency jargon and she knows how this kind of checkpoint is supposed to go, Weapon d8 because I'm holding Spiral up at gunpoint and am thus reasonably distracted, TORCH ID d8.

1d10+4d8 = (2)+(3+4+1+2) = 12

... 7 with a d10 effect die and one opportunity for Lager to take. Not spending any PP, because I'm not spending a PP to make this a 9.

EDIT: Lager said I could roll the d10 fake IDs asset too, so here we go:
1d10 = (6) = 6
My total is now a 10 with a d10. EDIT, AGAIN: Spending a PP to bump it up to 13, because that at least gets me above what a completely average doom pool roll would be.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at Jun 27, 2018 around 15:15

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

The Avengers will be tagging each other, one after the other. 1 pp for Addison.

As Venom yells at the TORCH snipers in the towers, it is obvious that surrender is off the table. Battlestar strikes first, shouting, "Avengers - ASSEMBLE!" As the rallying cry booms out, he charges forward, spinning in the air and tossing his shield out at incredible speed - right at Gaston's chest. He lands on the ground, calling out marching orders. "Raven, Hyde - capture the woman. Cobalt Man, you're with me! Strike fast, and bring them down. Hard."

@Lager: 1d12+2d10+2d8 When Battlestar Throws His Mighty Shield (Team, Superb Soldier, Superhuman Strength, Focus, Shield Throw, Combat Expert) = (12)+(9+2)+(3+2) = 28; 21 with a d10 effect!

Red Raven launches into the air immediately at Battlestar's command, flying high and fast before suddenly, unexpectedly, throwing her wings back and diving down at Venom at impossible speeds. It takes a fraction of a second for her to dive down at Felicia, but the moment seems to hang in the air for an eternity. She screams out her own battlecry as she strikes, trying to tackle Venom.

@Lager: 1d10+4d8 Red Raven Takes to the Sky (Team, Impetuous Youth, Subsonic Flight, Acrobatic Expert, Emotional Stress) = (2)+(6+2+8+4) = 22; 14 with a d10 effect die!

On the other side of the battle, Cobalt Man nods in affirmation. "Sure thing, chief." He lowers his head, speaking to the AI in his suit. "Alright, Ralph - shutdown the boosters and divert power to my repulsors - we need to make this shot count!" Deactivating his flight is a big risk. He's a lot less mobile, but he can pack more punch this way, too.

@Lager: 2d8+2d10+2d12 Cobalt Beam vs. Gaston (Team, Radioactive Armor, Concussive Blast, System Allocations to Shutdown Flight and Power Concussive Blast, Combat Expert, Physical Stress) = (4+5)+(10+5)+(3+3) = 30; Spending a d8 from the pool to boost that to a 20 with a d12 effect!

"HAHAHAHA! Hyde SMASH!" is all the massive, brutish man yells. Then he leaps forward, slamming into Venom as she dodges the tackle from Red Raven. Swinging his fists wildly, the cruel sneer on his face gets more and more pronounced and malicious. Whoever the other three are, whatever their motives, it seems that Hyde is just as insane on this world as he is on any other.

@Lager: 3d8+3d10 Mr. Hyde Unleashes Against Venom (Team, Full of Rage, Superhuman Strength, Mighty Blow, Combat Expert, Emotional Stress) = (6+6+8)+(10+1+5) = 36; 18 with a d10 effect. Tagging Mega Man X to finish out the round!

Entrance to the Cube

@Lager: 1d6+2d8+1d12 Doom Pool vs. Addison = (6)+(4+4)+(11) = 25; 17 with a d8 effect, so no dice on this one. You're in an action scene now, against a 2d10 Mob of Suspicious Elite Guards. They're going to go first, with a commanding show of force. TORCH trusts literally nobody, including themselves, and trains their agents to try and muscle people into surrendering, as you can tell.

As they pass through the yard, several guards move out of their way quickly, or clear a path. Some of them mutter to themselves about the Class-D Mage. "How did they capture a Class-D?!" "I thought they were all dead already!" "Why are they bringing her in alive?!" Soon enough, the group approaches the entrance to the underground complex.

The checkpoint has about five guards. Not a raw recruit among them, this group seems like a group of hard-edged veterans. Glaring at Addison and Fury, they utter the four most dangerous words in the espionage business. "This is not protocol." The lead agent crosses her arms, staring daggers at them. "If she was sneaking over the wall, she's trying to get to the artifacts inside." She sighs, and motions to one of her underlings. "We're going to need to call the warden in on this. You're sticking right here with us until we straighten this out. Release her to my custody, and go wait over there." She points to an office for the guards where they can wait. "If you're not comfortable with letting us watch her, of course, we could always find you some accommodations together." She narrows her eyes to make her point.

@Lager: 2d10+1d8 Mob of TORCH Agents Vs. Addison (2xTeam, Suspicious) = (3+10)+(2) = 15; 13 with a d8 effect for Emotional Stress from the plan going south against Addison. Tagging Fury. How do you want to play this one?

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2018 around 03:50

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1 | XP: 1

Spiral glares daggers at Fury as he departs. "Humans. Surprisingly insecure," she says to Addison. The corners of her mouth are turned up. Was...that a joke?

The Fury's back soon enough, and Spiral takes Addison's coat. She turns it around in her hands, frisking it down quickly as if it might be suspicious, then slides it on over her upper arms, letting it wrap around her and disguise her, at least somewhat. It seems that she's familiar with this.

Playing the part comes naturally, as Spiral glares and stops her way through the act, struggling against Addison and Fury a few times just for show. Eyes dart in a survey as they cross the yard. Addison can feel the mutant's lowest arms tense, perhaps readying daggers? She's certainly ready to throw down, despite the odds and good judgment.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON
PP: 3 XP: 1 Stress: d10 physical

Gaston rolled his eyes at the advancing Avengers. As he slowly advanced out of the car, he caught the bullet aimed at his head, spitting on the ground derisively. He pointed two fingers at the sniper in the tower, glowering at them. But they weren't a major concern. After all, Gaston is bulletproof.

16 with d10 effect to ignore sniping.

As he stepped through the dust towards the Avengers, he put both of his hands up and started to wave them down. "Now, now, there's no need to treat us as prisoners. We can talk this -"

But a massive Spartan-esque shield came hurling at his chest. Gaston squatted, legs tensing up, and with a grin on his face he knew he would catch that stupid shield - but, when his hands touched it, the strange vibrating alloy shook them off, and, worse, in a squatting position, the shield buried directly into his neck, digging into that massive column of flesh and tungsten alloy, halfway decapitating him and spilling blood and strange liquid fuel on the dirt. He howled in pain and his eyes began to turn red. The skin on his hands was torn from trying to stop the rotation, and his eyes had turned bright red. He spat out a mixture of blood and oil onto the sad and muttered "Lumiere, paint hostiles. Full offense."

19 with d8 effect, gonna fail and take d10 stress. Going to deactivate Durability, Stamina, and Leaping to get 3 PP. SFX cause the doom pool to receive a d6 and a d8.

Gaston's internal sensor goes off as the man in the metal suit begins charging some kind of radioactive death beam. He smirks, prepared. "You bastards forgot one thing."

"NO ONE'S NECK'S AS INCREDIBLY THICK AS GASTON'S!

With a sickening wrench, Gaston tears the future-alloy shield out of his neck and flips it around deftly, just as the radioactive beam comes for him. He angles the shield up and deflects the beam directly into Cobalt Man's visor, hoping to roast his brain through the suit.

18 with d12 effect, spending 1 PP to boost that to 21. Inflicting a free d12 counterattack on Cobalt Man! Doom pool receives a d6 from SFX. I also rolled an opportunity, so I take 1 PP.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2018 around 14:28

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

Cobalt Man looks in horror as the cybernetic huntsman bounces his own attack back towards him, barely having time to throw up his arms and yell, "Ralph - POLARIZE!" The command triggers his armor to absorb some of the impact, but he is still thrown for a loop and hits the ground hard, smoke pouring up from his armor. He's alive, and even conscious, but barely. His companions look at him, then back at the Weapon X invaders. Their eyes are filled with rage.

Cobalt Man takes a d12 of Physical Stress. He can repair his suit pretty easily by spending from the Doom Pool on his turn, so I'd recommend taking him out quick!

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 XP: 0 Stress: 1d4 Physical Stress

"Well," X sighed. He was hoping to avoid battle but things were escalating very quickly. These were the Avengers of this world? None of them looked directly familiar - just similar to people he knew. There was something... wrong about fighting heroes though, wasn't there? What were they fighting for?!

Our lives, X supposed.

X punched through the top of the van and leaped into the air.

"Listen!" he shouted. "I'm an Avenger from another world! We're here to save yours! We're supposed to be on the same side!" Despite his pleas, however, GasTRON was looking the worse for wear. Quickly he fired to aid his teammate.

_

A quick surprise shot vs. Cobalt Man!

@little mac: 2d6+3d8+1d12 vs Cobalt Man (Team, The Last Avenger, Energy Blast, Reflexes, Combat, Cobalt Stress) = (6+5)+(2+4+2)+(1) = 20

I'm going to spend a PP since they didn't even know I was there to add one of my d8's to the blast (since otherwsie - hooboy). That'll be a total of 15 with a d8 effect and an opportunity to buy if you want!

I'm also gonna take 1XP for declaring these "villains" as former allies (the Avengers as a whole).

Tagging Doom.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

Cobalt Man shakes his head, slapping his helmet to clear the fog. "Ralph...Ralph, reduce sensors...redirect to...suit integrity!" He struggles to stand, his vision hazy even without the reduced sensory capabilities of the suit. He's still in the fight, though, and he knows he has to make that count for something.

And then Mega Man shows up. Assuming he might be concussed, Cobalt Man decides to just roll with it. He calls out to Battlestar, "So they're Avengers, eh? Do we buy it?"

Battlestar responds, "Pssh, they've got more stories than my grandpa after a bottle of scotch. We take them in, and we find out the real deal."

Cobalt Man nods, and preps for the blast as Mega Man X fires. "Ralph - polarize!" He throws his arms back in front of his face, blocking the blast and absorbing the impact. He nods as he throws his arms back down. Red Raven calls down to him to ask if he's okay.

"Yeah. I'm good. I'm all good now." He cracks his neck as he prepares to continue the fight.

Shutting down Cybernetic Senses too boost Durability using the System Allocations SFX! @Lager: 1d4+1d12+1d10+2d8 Cobalt Man Reaction (Physical Stress, Team, In His Brother's Shadow, Superhuman Durability Stepped Up By System Allocations, Combat Expert) = (2)+(10)+(9)+(4+2) = 27; 19 with a d8 effect to successfully defend! Take a pp, Mega Man, I boosted a d6 to d8 in the Doom Pool.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 29, 2018 around 22:03

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

2PP, 0XP. d8 emotional stress, d10 physical stress

team d8, alien partner d8, reflexes d8, senses d8, acrobatics d8, complication d10 = (2+5+5+1+4)+(10) 15 d10, just barely makes it.

Team d8, My Alien Partner d8, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Acrobatics d8, These Are Our Guys? d8: (2+6+3+3)+(2). Balls. Spending 2 PP for 14 d10, taking d10 physical stress that at least doesn't get stepped up.

Venom's eyes and ears are tuned to the max, desperately searching for the tells that will allow her to dodge the maneuvers of these angry, armed, and armored pseudo-Avengers. (They don't deserve the title [that they likely don't technically claim], she sniffs internally.) Naturally, her efforts waver back and forth over the line of effectiveness.

When Red Raven swoops down, she recognizes the move just in time, and the flier dives gracefully past her, not nearly as intimidating as she would have been if Venom hadn't leaned back. That lean, however, made her a little off-balance, and she just couldn't hit the deck quite before Red Hulk or whatever his name is socks her right in the sternum. It's all the more infuriating because she can tell he was least affected by her rant earlier, probably because keeping his skull from caving in is one major use for his brain.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 2 --> 3 --> 2
XP: 4
pre:
Physical Stress: None      Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
As the battle rages on and the world fills with strife and turmoil, Doom stares out with a stoic glare. His arms crossed, Doom feels almost above this splattering of carnage. He is at home at war, for his conquest raged across the stars. These Avengers, what a joke. There were men like them in his world, but they were fools who flunked their tests and were sent to the Marvel Civil Corps for farming and social work. They were pathetic. For them to sit upon such lofty plains here speaks only to how sick this world must be.

"Avengers, hear me!" Doom bellows as he calls his lightsaber to his hand, "I am Darth Doom. I have killed one team of Avengers in my time. A team far more powerful than you're own. You will not fare better! You will be but a footnote in the grand legacy of Doom!"

With a mighty KRAKA-THOOM, Doom burst from his positions with a mighty cosmic push and lunged at Colbat Man, his lightsaber igniting. Makashi duelist style of Lightsaber combat was best suited for striking someone in a one-on-one fight. And that is where he can gain the advantage. Avengers fight as a unit and separating them spells doom for them, as Doom's history attests.

Makashi is a reserved and careful style, but Doom is doing neither. He plans to go straight to its final strike. He smells weakness. The fear and hate and rage feeds him. He goes for the lunge!

Doom is trying to inflict physical stress.

Doom is using the Makashi SFX.

SFX: Makashi. Step up or double a Iron Knight die against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.

Team (D8) + Former Lord Of A Space Faring Empire (D8) + Lightsaber (D10) + Cosmic Flight (D8) + Combat Master (D10) + Colbat Man's Physical Stress (D12)

Step up Lightsaber to D12

Remove a D12 because of Makashi sfx

Final Pool: 1d12 + 1d10 + 3d8, use 3 dice for the total

Results = D12 = 12, D10 = 4, D8 = 3, 1, 6

Edit: 1d12 = 5

+1 PP for opportunity

Use 3 dice for total because of Makashi SFX

Remove 12 because of Makashi

Spend 1 PP to add 1 more dice to the result.

5 + 4 + 6 + 3 = 18 with a D4 effect. Colbat Man has d12 physical stress so any amount of physical stress inflicted should take him out.

Tagging Gastron

Covok fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2018 around 02:18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 3 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d8 (Covert)


A dressing down like that would have rattled most agents. Most agents haven't done half the things Addison has.

"Ma'am, we're in the middle of an attack. If there's a time to loosen protocols, it's now."

Finally, here's my reaction. Team d10, I've Fought Bigger d8, Psyche 2d6
2d8+2d6 = (7+7)+(3+1) = 18
14 with a d6 effect die, which is just enough to not take stress, and one opportunity for Lager.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply