Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Post
  • Reply
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 1 -> 0 | XP: 5

"And besides; what's your protocol for this?" Sir Nicholas can't help but smile slightly as he brandishes the truly disgusting Head of the Ancient One like a man practiced at carrying severed heads. "The Class-D was talking to it when we found her. Something about finding someone inside here." He advances towards the seeming leader, lowering the head to his side. "And seeing as we're the ones that managed to bring her in," he growls, patting the crossbow at his side."I think we ought to be with her every step of the way." Grimace deepening, The Fury glares as many daggers as one eye can muster. "Unless you think you could take her down again if she makes a break."

Come on, rookie. Try it.

@RandallODim: : 1d10+1d8+1d10+1d10 Pulling Major Rank (Team, SHIELD, Weapons, Menace Master, d8 DISGUSTING HEAD stunt, w/ Focus 2d8->1d10) = (10)+(6)+(5)+(9) = 19 w/ d10 Emotional Stress

Claiming 1 XP and 3 XP for pulling rank while confronting someone over telling me what to do, and tagging Addison next

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jun 30, 2018 around 21:52

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

Darth Doom, Addison, and Venom can all take a PP for the various opportunities. Growing that Doom Pool back!

@Lager: 1d12+1d10+2d8 Cobalt Man Reaction (Team, Radioactive Armor, Durability, Combat Expert) = (7)+(3)+(7+6) = 23; 14 with a d10 effect for defense - Cobalt Man is down!


Cobalt Man shakes his head as Doom begins his speech, thinking to himself that he must have gotten hit way, way harder than he thought. "Darth what the hell? This is just..." He never finishes the thought, however, as Doom launches forward and begins swinging his lightsaber around wildly. As damaged as his armor is, the Armored Avenger does not last long against the assault. He screams as his armor is shredded, badly, and falls to the ground as a smoking mess. The other Avengers do not appear pleased about this development.

Entrance to the Cube

@Lager: 2d10+2d8 Guards' reaction to Fury (Team x2, Suspicious, Psych) = (3+8)+(7+6) = 24; 15 with a d10 effect. They're at d10 Emotional Stress, anything else will knock them down to 1 die!

The lead guard glares at Addison for daring to try and question protocol, "I think you mean to say, 'We're in the middle of an attack, if there's a time to not let the enemy inside our massive fortified prison, where they were already trying to go anyway, it's now.'" She rubs her temple a bit, exasperated. "Listen, I'll make this simple for you. My boy Lenny over there is going to get the warden on the line. We''ll see who has the better plan once he weighs in." She points over at a junior agent, not one of her team, who is calling in a report on the situation.

Four of the guards draw their weapons and get into battle position when Fury reveals the head of the Ancient One, but the leader just puts a hand on her hip. "Our protocol for that? We bag it and tag it, which has already been done it looks like, and we put it in a shelf somewhere inside the Cube and forget about the drat thing so all this magic bullshit can just fade away and die." She pulls out her sidearm and points it at Spiral's head. "And I'm sure you know that protocol for an intruder of that classification is 'Kill On Sight.'"

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON
PP: 3 -> 0 -> 3 XP: 2 Stress: Phys d10

As Gaston drops the Adamantium Shield and leaves Cobalt Man to his comrades, he notices something horrible - a Beast! A huge, horrible, hulking man-thing in strange, outdated garb, howling in broken sentences. Completely familiar. And, yet again, trying to abduct a woman. Gaston opens his forearm, removing a hip flasks, and takes a massive gulp of something strong, grimacing and narrowing his eyes at Mr. Hyde.

He rubs a little of the moonshine in his hair, slicking it back, and nods to his teammates in turn, and he begins to sing softly as he circles around the hulk, eyeing him, raising his fists in a boxing guard.

Destroy our enemies,
Share in my moonshine
take whatever booty
You may find
One simple order
You must remember
The Beast is Mine!"


As he eyes an opening, he steps in rapidly - while Mr. Hyde was even larger than Gaston and likely had greater reach, Gaston's reflexes, augmented beyond human capacity, meant hopefully they wouldn't have to go blow for blow. And Gaston was at his strongest when fighting beasts. A voice within his head sounding something like a small teacup beeps at him. "Gaston, it's chip! Don't forget to maintain mental control! Your metabolism will shut down defenses and overallocate to-"

"Shut up!" Gaston interrupts the voice in his head and his muscles grow even larger, his skin taking on an unnatural reddish-gray sheen. He begins to dance furiously around Mr. Hyde, jabbing left and right with the occasional hook. As Cobalt Man goes down, a ballet of fists plays out between the two bruisers.

"Were you in love with her, Beast? Did you honestly think she'd want you?"

As Mr. Hyde looks about to get the better of him, he dances back and away, but a careful observer would notice he left the strange liquid dripping from his neck, along with a few carefully-placed incendiary charges, lying at key points on the battlefield. "Lumiere, light."

The index finger of Gaston's right hand begins to emit a small flame, and he blows out alcohol into it to light the fluid on the ground, which races towards the incendiary charges...

d10 Team, d8 Mutant Stole My Girl, d10 Stepped up to d12 Superhuman Strength, d10 Superhuman Reflexes, d10 Combat Master, 1 PP for d10 Big Guns, and 3d6 for extra targets. Total was 11, boosted up to 20 with 2 more PP. I will use a d12 effect die on Mr. Hyde, a d10 on Battlestar, and a d10 on Red Raven. I did intend to target a sniper as well but I don't have an effect die left for them that isn't an opportunity so they get a d4 effect. I tag Mr. Hyde. 1xp for facing off with the biggest dude directly.

GM takes a d6 from SFX. I also rolled 3 1s.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2018 around 04:15

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 0 | XP: 5

Sir Nicholas draws his crossbow as the lead agent draws her pistol, aiming it at her head as she takes aim at Spiral. "My collar," he growls. "My choice."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

GasTRON will get 2 PP, I'm combining 2 opportunities together to make it a d8 for the doom pool. Battlestar gets his shield back with the other.

@Lager: 3d10+2d8 Red Raven Reaction (Team, Last of Her Race, Subsonic Flight Stepped Up By Aerial Acrobat, Acrobatics Expert, GasTRON's Stress) = (8+7+6)+(4+1) = 26; 17 with a d4 effect, takes d10 Physical Stress. One opportunity rolled!

@Lager: 3d10+2d8 Mr Hyde Reaction (Team, Full of Rage, Superhuman Durability, Combat Expert, GasTRON's Stress) = (9+8+10)+(3+7) = 37; Spending a d8 from the pool to make it a 27 with a d8 effect, avoiding stress!

@Lager: 2d8+4d10 Battlestar Reaction (Team, Unassailable Will, Enhanced Reflexes, Superhuman Durability, Combat Master, GasTRON's Stress) = (7+5)+(7+7+9+4) = 39; Another d8 from the Doom Pool, becomes a 23 with a d10 effect!

@Lager: 1d6+3d8 Sniper A Reaction (Team, Cannon Fodder, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert) = (1)+(5+5+5) = 16; 10 with a d8, so he'll take a d8 Physical Stress with one opportunity (d4 stepped up twice).


All hell breaks loose on the battlefield, and not just because Gaston's lit everything on fire suddenly.

Battlestar leaps towards his shield, picking it up just in time to protect himself from a sudden burst of flame, but Red Raven fares less well. She had been lunging towards Gaston from behind, hoping to grab him and fly up into the air, dropping him like a tortoise on a rock, but with the explosive inferno is caught in the flames. She shrieks and pulls up, trying to escape the heat as quickly as possible, but she is badly burned.

Mr. Hyde, for his part, seemingly barely notices the flames. His eyes burn brighter than the flames and he focuses entirely on Gaston. "Stand still, little man! I'm going to rip your head off the rest of the way, and use it as a paperweight!" He charges as his allies race to escape the flames, seemingly unconcerned. "You think you can run away from ME? You come over swinging at me, singing your stupid songs, and talking total nonsense, and then you think you get to RUN AWAY?" He moves with what should be impossible speed for a brute of his size, grabbing Gaston with one meaty, calloused hand. "Get over here!!" He lifts the cybernetic hunter into the air by one boot, spinning him in the air and leaping towards the other Weapon Xers, slamming Gaston into them, and the truck, while laughing with glee.

@Lager: 4d10+2d8+3d6 Mr Hyde's GasTRON Tossing (Team, Full of Rage, Superhuman Strength, Mighty Blow, Combat Expert, Area Attack, GasTRON's Stress) = (9+1+3+2)+(6+8)+(5+2+3) = 39; 17 with a d10 against Darth Doom, d10 against Venom, d8 against Mega Man X, and a d6 against GasTRON. Tagging Red Raven, but I'll wait to post that until we resolve the reactions from this one.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jul 2, 2018 around 02:43

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2->3->2 XP: 3->4 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d8 (Covert)


"Always with the killing. No wonder this dimension is in such bad shape."

Addison lunges back before the lead guard could comprehend what she just said, grabbing her pistol arm and pushing it down while driving the butt of her pistol directly into the guard's nose.

Earning 1 XP from talking about how bad this dimension is. Anyway, my action: Team d10, I've Fought Bigger d8, Enhanced Strength d8, spending a plot point to add Weapon d8, Combat d8 and their Emotional Stress d10.

2d10+4d8 = (3+9)+(4+2+3+2) = 23

13 with a d10 effect die, trying to inflict physical stress. EDIT: Tagging Spiral next, because she's all that's left.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2018 around 01:38

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 2 --> 3
XP: 4
pre:
Physical Stress: None --> D12     Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Doom does not move. He is not one who runs or hides. He is Doom. Lord of Hydra. He stands defiant in his armor and calls on the Power Cosmic to shield him. He uses it's push and pull to move Gastron from his path. But a simple task, for one as might as him. But, will it succeed? He is not as mighty as he once was. Or ever believed himself to be. He wound blares with a burning flame. Is he the mighty warrior he believes himself to be? Or is he the broken man he fears himself to become?

Doom is making a reaction to Mr. Hyde's attack.

Team D6 + Broken Narcissist (D4 + 1PP) + Superhuman Durability (D10) + Cosmic Push (d8) + Cosmic Expert (d8)

SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a Master Of The Power Cosmic power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

Turn d8 and d8 to d10.

Final Pool D6 + D4 + 2D10

1d6+1d4+2d10: 16 [1d6=5] [1d4=3] [2d10=2, 6]

11 with a d10 Effect

Doom is hit, but, since his effect die matches, the effect die of the action pool is stepped down by 1 step. From a d10 to a d8.

Thus, Doom takes D8 D12 physical stress.


As the moment of impact comes, Doom can feel Master Richards laugh from beyond the grave. Doom grimaces and braces for impact.

Covok fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2018 around 12:41

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 XP: 1 Stress: 1d6 Physical Stress

Just as X landed on the ground from his shot he was met with his own teammate being swung into him. He fired the X Buster into the ground to try and steel himself against the blow GasTRON was a big man being wielded by an even bigger man. He reminded X of the Hulk, or maybe Spark Mandrill. Either way, X found himself tossed into the side of the mangled TORCH van.

---

Reacting to Hyde's attack.

1d4+1d6+4d8+1d10 vs hyde (d4 MMX stress + d6 Team + d8 Complication, Combat Master, X Buster, Last Avenger + d10 Superhuman Stamina) = (3)+(2)+(8+5+8+4)+(3) = 33

So that's a 16 vs. Hyde's 17, but I'll still take the chance to use my d10 effect die to step his d8 effect die down to a d6.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
PP: 1 | XP: 0 -> 1

Spiral locks on to the lead guard with a deadly gaze. "When you've slaughtered all the Mutants," she says in a grave whisper, "even the kingdom of ashes won't fill the void in your souls."

The coat drops to the ground, as Spiral produces swords and daggers, bursting into movement. She leaps and swings out in aggressive stabs and thrusts at the guards. After all, they're only human.

Earning 1 XP from talking about the extinction of Mutants.

Action: Area Attack vs. the four guards. Multiple Arms D8 + Area Attack D6 + + Combat Master D10 = 18


Also adding 2d8 + 1d10 for Stress = 16 + 18 = 34

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2018 around 02:43

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

PP 3, XP 0

Venom watches the rampaging Hyde intently, trying to anticipate his attack; her focus no longer needs to be divided among his teammates, since he's the only one currently being belligerent. She's getting a handle on his mindset - nothing clever, no real strategy, essentially brute force with the occasional flair. It's not hard to draw comparisons: Hyde is definitely more agile and observant than Rhino, as easy to hurt as Kraven but not as clever, more versatile but less indomitable than Juggernaut -- Beast actually seems like a pretty good fit for his style. Luckily, she visited the X-Men a few times before this whole mess started

When he approaches GasTRON, she realizes just in time that the hulking man isn't planning a basic punch, and manages to dive out of the way as the (brief) grapple begins.

Team d8, Alien Partner d8, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Psych d10, These Are Our Guys? d8: 3d8+2d10: (7+7+1)+(7+7) Hella spending that pp for 21 d10

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Entrance to the Cube

@Lager: 2d10+3d8 Elite Guards Reaction (Team x2, Proven Right, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert) = (9+2)+(5+6+8) = 30; 17 with a d10 effect, so no damage that time.

The lead guard barely hears Addison, before her suspicions prove right as the SHIELD agent attacks. She only just has time to lean back, almost falling on her butt as she tries to avoid the pistol attack. She twists under and around, popping back up and starting to exchange blows with Addison as she shouts orders to her team to take all three interlopers out, immediately.

Checkpoint

Doom...I hate to do this to you, but you actually take a d12 Physical Stress. The 11 you rolled is 5 under the 17 Hyde rolled, so the effect die steps up. And your defense effect die only steps down the attacker's effect die if it larger, not equal. So yeah. Doom's hurting.

Venom handily avoids further stress, and Mega Man X moves his stress to a d6. We'll see how Gaston fared once the roll comes through for that reaction. Venom does get a PP since I will happily use that opportunity to bump a d6 up to a d8 in the Doom Pool.


Red Raven surveys the battlefield from the sky, pissed off and ready to take someone down hard. She locks her sights on Mega Man X, who seems almost...cute in comparison to his comrades. Diving towards him, she spins in the air, pulling her wings in tight as she picks up speed and then, at the last moment, throws her wings up and forward, aiming them right at X's face, trying to use all her speed and momentum to break him in half with her muscular wings.

@Lager: 2d10+2d8+1d6 Red Raven vs. Mega Man X (Team, Young and Angry, Subsonic Flight stepped up by Aerial Acrobatics SFX, Acrobatic Expert, Physical Stress) = (10+4)+(1+2)+(1) = 18; 14 with a d8 effect and 2 opportunities! Passing to Mega Man X! Still 3 bad guys and Venom set to go in this round.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON
PP: 2 -> 0 XP: 2 Stress: d10 physical

Gaston flies through the air, but as he flies, his wounds start to close up and he positions himself carefully. As he crashes into the Iron Knight, he sticks the landing and launches himself off Doom, back at Mr. Hyde. "You can't escape that easily, Beast! I'm twice the man I used to be! Flesh stronger than steel combined with metal stronger than steel!"

As his wounds close up he proceeds to box Mr. Hyde once again, but this time, it isn't a ruse to lay down charges - he is actually attempting to beat the strange mutant, or beast, or whatever he is, to death with his bare hands. Dodging hamfisted attacks and weaving left and right, Gaston deals a series of savage hooks and uppercuts to Hyde. When Hyde goes in to clinch, Gaston grabs him by the waist, hoping to suplex him into some of the nearby flames.

19 counterattack with d12 effect vs. Hyde's 17. Down to zero PP. GM also takes 2d6 dice to the doom pool from effects.

2d10+2d8+2d12 (d10 team, d8 mutant stole my girl, d10 superhuman strength stepped up to d12, 1 PP+opportunity to reactivate d10 superhuman durability and 1PP to include it then stepping up to d12 with SFX, d10 superhuman reflexes, d10 combat master, d8 complication) = (4+2)+(7+4)+(12+8) = 37

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 > 1 | XP: 1 | Stress: 1d6 > 1d8 Physical Stress

Seeing the winged Avenger flying towards him reminded X of how much Captain America used to talk about the Falcon. Falcon hadn't made it to the Merged-Earth and Steve had always assumed he'd perished, even though he held out hope. Still, he would let X know at every opportunity just how great his former partner had been.

Calmly, X reached down beside him and placed two fingers on Cobalt Man's forehead. The copy chip began humming inside him, almost singing. X closed his eyes.

"There!"



X could feel a new strength inside him as his body changed its hue. Cobalt Man's strength was formidable. He braced for impact against Red Raven's attack and shoulder charged forward with her former ally's strength behind him.

--

@little mac: 2d6+2d8+3d10+1d12 vs Red Raven (d6 Team + d8 Combat Master, Man or Machine + d10 Superhuman Stamina, Complication, RR Stress + d12 Cobalt Crush) = (5)+(1+5)+(2+5+7)+(4) = 30

That's an 12 with a d12 effect. I take the hit but step down the stress to d6... but it still pushes me to a d8.


--

Raven's wings pushed him back, but X stood his ground, now with renewed vigor.

"You like the air, huh?" he asked. He thought about Storm Eagle and smiled. "Let's see how you like the ground!"

X leapt into the air and attempted to land on top of Red Raven with a furious elbow drop.

--

@little mac: 2d6+2d8+2d10+1d12 attacking Red Raven (d6 Team, Reflexes + d8 Combat Master, Man or Machine + d10 Complication, RR Stress + d12 Cobalt Crush) = (4+5)+(8+4)+(9+8)+(8) = 46

Total: 17 with a d12 effect!

Tagging Venom.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

2 PP, 0 XP

She looked at the arena and grimaced. Things . . . weren't going great. Her team was probably better off than the TORCH crew, overall, especially since one of theirs was down, but all of the dimensional travelers were hurting. Time to throw a punch they can't dodge so easily.

"This is how TORCH reacts against a perceived enemy?" Venom laughed harshly. "Mediocre."

She scoffs at the shooters, first. "Two snipers, who have yet to hit a single target. I know all these scary superhumans move fast, but can't you at least try to keep up? Or are you simply inadequate?"

Red Raven. "A lovely set of wings you have there, dear. A shame that flying doesn't make you feel less alone, even with others in the sky."

Battlestar. "The super-soldier. Well, to quote a man I once knew, 'everything special about you came out of a bottle'. You punch and shout, you're quick to attack, but none of that makes you a hero."

The fallen Cobalt Man. "You poor fellow. When engaging with the superhuman, even a suit of armor cannot compensate for being plain-jane ordinary."

Mr. Hyde. "You hit people and break things. That is all you bring to the table. No creativity, no intellect worth speaking of, you barely use your heads as anything but a blunt instrument. And until you break from that role, you will never truly be taken seriously - only humored, for fear of your petty wrath."

1d8 Team, 1d8 Sorority Queen, 1d10 Siren Song, 1d10 Psych, 1d12 These Are Our Guys?, 1d10 Quick Psychoanalysis Stunt, 4d6 Area Attack: 1d12+3d10+2d8+4d6: (7)+(3+4+6)+(1+6)+(5+1+1+5) Spending two more PP, for a total of 3 on this roll, to make 24 total. d10s on Battlestar and Hyde, d6 on Raven, d4s for the shooters, who get to go next

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



OOC: Yesterday went to crap. :-( Tagging Nick!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Entrance to the Cube

So for Spiral's roll, you had the following two rolls:

@Platonicsolid: d10 + d8 + d6 Area attack against the guards = (7)+(5)+(6) = 18; and @Platonicsolid: 2d6 + 1d10 = (2+4)+(10) = 16

I'm assuming that out of those dice, the best thing to do is 16 (10 from d10, 6 from the d6) with a d8 effect and a d10 effect. This way, you can knock one die out and do d10 stress to the other if you succeed. For the reaction...

@Lager: 2d10+3d8 Elite Guards Reaction to Spiral (Team x2, Proven Right, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert) = (6+10)+(4+1+5) = 26; 16 with a d8 effect. So that means you're going to be knocking one die out and the other is at d10 physical stress.



Distracted by Addison's attack, they barely have time to react to Spiral's sudden onslaught - and they certainly weren't expecting her to have six blades, much less six arms. Several of the guards go down hard, bleeding badly from their wounds. The lead guard and a couple of her men, however, manage to stay upright, albeit bloodied and battered. They look half-dead, but determined to take the enemy with them.


Checkpoint

First off, Venom takes 1 PP and so does Mega Man X.

@Lager: 1d10+4d8 Red Raven Reaction to Mega Man X (Team, Winged Avenger, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert, X's Stress) = (1)+(6+6+4+4) = 21; 12 with a d8 effect...And I'm going to use the SFX Hollow Bones to step up blunt force damage to her in order to step up the smallest die in the doom pool because I can. She's out of the fight.



As X leaps for his elbow drop, using the stolen strength of Cobalt Man's enhanced armor, Red Raven realizes that she has no way around taking the hit. She's gotten to close to the robot, relying on her blow taking him out. Now it's time for his turn. Still, out of instinct, she tries to roll away and pull up into the sky. The mistake costs her, dearly. She slams hard into the ground under the weight of the robot, cracking several ribs and breaking bones in both arms along with a wrist. But the worst damage is to her wings. If she ever flies again, it will be a long time.

Battlestar yells in anguish as he watches her fall, and Hyde howls in rage, tossing Gaston to the side, forgotten as he rushes towards her.


@Lager: 3d10+2d8 Battlestar Reaction (Team, Unassailable Will, Psych Expert, Doom Pool Die, Venom's Stress) = (7+9+7)+(1+6) = 30; Take a pp so I can keep the d10 I used in that pool...Spending a d10 and a d8 to make it a 29 with a d4 effect and pass the roll.

@Lager: 3d10+1d8 Mr Hyde Reaction (Team, Medical Genius, Psych Master, Venom's Stress) = (9+2+2)+(2) = 15; Spending another d10 and d8 to keep him from being stressed out by mean words because...goddamn. 15 with a d4 effect. He takes a d12 (stepped up from d10) of Emotional Stress.

@Lager: 1d10+2d8+1d6 Sniper A Reaction = (6)+(7+3)+(5) = 21; 13 with a d8 effect. Takes him to a d8 Emotional Stress.

@Lager: 1d10+2d8+1d6 Sniper B Reaction = (10)+(4+5)+(3) = 22; 15 with a d8 effect. d6 of Emotional Stress.

So totals now are Battlestar is safe, Red Raven was already done and you're mean for mocking her when she's a broken mess, Mr. Hyde is at a d12 Emotional (and d12 Physical), Sniper A at d8, Sniper B at d6.

Attack time:
@Lager: 2d10+2d8+1d6 Sniper A vs. Venom = (2+9)+(7+2)+(1) = 21; 16 with a d10 effect.

@Lager: 2d10+2d8+1d6 Sniper B vs. GasTRON = (5+4)+(5+1)+(5) = 20...10 with a d10 effect. Goddammit.



The two snipers react to Venom's verbal assault with two more rounds, one aimed at her and the other at Gaston, but do not deign to respond vocally.

Mr. Hyde kneels down near Red Raven, trying his best to assess her condition. As Venom berates him and his teammates, he scowls but tries his best to focus. She'll live, but she needs medical attention if she's ever going to fly again.

Battlestar's eyes flare with hatred as he hears Venom's words. He does not look at her, instead watching Hyde for Red Raven's status. Finally Hyde nods towards Battlestar, tears in his eyes. He stands, turning towards the Weapon X team. "You know nothing about us. Hyde over there? He's a doctor, and one of the most brilliant men I've ever met. As as for me...Everything special about me came from a tube? Please. My grandfather was the original Captain America. A man who was disrespected by the country he served." He charges, throwing a spinning kick out at Venom and smashing his shield into her as well. Jumping back into the air and springing off her, he tosses his shield straight at Mega Man X, ricocheting the shield off the robot and back at Venom.

"Everything special about me came from the greatest man I've ever known, and I'm drat proud of it. You can run your mouth all you want. I don't give a rat's rear end what you think."


@Lager: 1d12+4d10+1d8 Battlestar is PISSED (Team, Real Patriot, Superhuman Strength, Focus SFX (2d10 to 1d12), Weapon, Shield Throw SFX (1d8 to 2d10 but shuts down shield), Combat Master, Venom's Stress) = (1)+(7+7+9+9)+(8) = 41; Spending a d8 from the Doom Pool to be a real rear end in a top hat and make this 26 with a d10 effect against Venom, spending a d10 from the pool to add a d10 effect die against Mega Man X as well since Battlestar doesn't have area attack. tagging Darth Doom for the new round.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2018 around 03:03

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."


GasTRON
PP: 0 XP: 2 Stress: Physical d10

Gaston spots the Sniper taking aim and rolls out of the way into the smoke and flames from the incendiary charges, narrowly avoiding the Sniper's bullet and counting on his robust flesh and alloy plating to prevent fire damage. As he dodges, he grips a still-burning incendiary charge in his fist. He reaches into his colorful landsknechte pants and pulls out a massive hand-rolled cigar, lighting it with the incendiary charge while and staring down Battlestar and Hyde. "I'm sure you're the paragons of your world, as I am-was the paragon of mine. I bet when you're assigned a mission, you stop at nothing to get the job done. But all beasts have their reasons. I just have a job to do."

He takes a long drag from the cigar before ashing on the half-burnt incendiary charge and tossing it up into the tower.

15 with a d12 effect to counter. That should step up (15 vs. 10) to instantly exploding the sniper.

4d10+1d8+1d12 1d8 Arrogance Beyond Measure, 1d10 Team, 1d12 Sniper's Complication, 1d10 Superhuman Durability, 1d10 Superhuman Reflexes, 1d10 Combat Master = (4+6+9+4)+(2)+(4) = 29

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 3 ---> 2 --> 1
XP: 4 --> 5
pre:
Physical Stress: D12     Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Doom lies on the ground. He's near motionless. The impact was severe. On his Earth, in his galaxy, this would be the equivalent of taking a full hit from a charging Rancor. It is far beyond what a normal body could take. His bones ached. His wound seared. His mind was full of Reed's laughter. This was beyond what a normal mind could bare.

But Doom is not a normal.

Doom is Doom.

Doom is.

Rising to his knees, he forced himself onto his feet. Sweat dripping under his suit, searing against his burnt and scarred flesh, he stared at his targets. He heard the laughter. He felt the sickness well up inside him.

He externalized it.

"I am Darth Doom, you simpletons! I do not tire. I do not fall!", he screamed across the battlefield, "Send your greatest foes against me and watch them crack and break: for I am the eternal shore!"

Doom let his words extend past his mouth, not just as sound, but through the Power Cosmic.

"Bow now to your rightful ruler! Bow to the King of the Galaxy! Bow to the Lord of the Sith! Bow and avoid my wrath!"

Darth Doom is trying to inflict emotional stress on the Avengers.

Team d6 + Former Lord Of A Space Faring Empire (D8) + Mind Control (D6) + Menace Expert (D8) + Emotional Stress (D12, Mr Hyde)

Spend 1 PP to add "These Are Our Guys (D12, Complication)*"

*Lager said to just take the highest one on Discord

SFX: Area Attack: 4D6

New Pool: 2D12 + 2D8 + 6D6

SFX: Focus: 6D6 to 3D8

Final Pool: 2D12 + 5D8

2d12+5d8: 41 [2d12=10, 8] [5d8=6, 6, 6, 2, 3]

Spend 1 Plot Point To Use Three Dice
'
10 + 6 + 6 = 22

D12 against Battlestar

D8 against Mr. Hyde, Sniper A, Sniper B.

This is all emotional stress.

1XP for talking about how I was once great and powerful

Covok fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2018 around 22:57

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

1 PP, 0 XP

1d12+1d10+3d8 1d8 Team, 1d8 Alien Companion, 1d10 Superhuman Reflexes, 1d8 Combat Expert, 1d12 These Are Our Guys? vs Sniper = (8)+(7)+(1+1+1) 15 d4 against 16 d10. Bleah
4d10+2d8 1d8 Team, 1d8 Alien Companion, 1d10 Superhuman Reflexes, 1d10 Psych Master, 1d10 Snap Reading Stunt, 1d10 These Are Our Guys? vs Battlestar = (5+3+3+10)+(1+2) 15 d10 versus 26 d10. Physical trauma, here we go.

Venom is no stranger to fights. No stranger to firefights, even, though those have been considerably rarer. This experience is still quite new for her.

The sniper she had previously dismissed manages to nail her right in the shoulder, and she can't help but let out a muffled scream at the pain.

Her tirade angered Battlestar, she can tell that quite plainly in his counter. She disagrees with his rebuttal, but it looks like that's not going to matter, because here he comes like a vengeful god. Venom frantically thinks back to her one real training session with Captain America, and she can indeed see Battlestar's moves coming with just enough time to counter them, but there's a limit to how much good that can do when the other guy hits like a train, with that shield following his feet like a series of haymakers. Not for the first time, she curses the symbiote for not making her any stronger and tougher. She can be wonderfully persuasive, but when people refuse to listen, she's basically screwed.

She just lies on the ground, curled in on herself and softly keening. All she can do now is hope her teammates can finish off the two remaining Avengers, and the snipers, and get her medical attention to boot.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 0 | XP: 5

"And you could have just let us in." With that, Sir Nicholas unleashes a barrage of bolts at the remaining guards. He doesn't put much effort in; a kill is as good as a wound here, and it might be useful to have someone left to lean on when it's time to go inside.

quote:

@RandallODim: 1d10+1d8+1d10+1d10 = (2)+(8)+(2)+(6) = 14 w/ d10 physical stress effect

Tagging Addison, if this doesn't down the other die

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

A few nitpick notes for the future - mind control should really be mental stress as opposed to emotional, though this fight is going to drag and so I'm going to narrate is as the two Avengers resisting to the point of taking physical stress anyway so doesn't matter. For counterattacks, it doesn't matter what you roll - crits are only for actions, not reactions. But these snipers can go ahead and explode anyway. It's not like they're going to have any fight in them with the Avengers down, anyway.

@Lager: 1d12+1d10+2d8 Battlestar Reaction = (3)+(8)+(8+4) = 23; 16 with a d12.

@Lager: 1d12+2d10+1d8 Mr. Hyde Reaction = (2)+(5+7)+(2) = 16; 12 with a d12.

@Lager: 1d12+2d8+1d6 = (3)+(7+5)+(4) = 19 for the Sniper; 12 with a d8 effect.


As Darth Doom's mental compulsion takes effect on the two Avengers, they both stare with rage. Hyde, who had been tending to the wounds of the fallen Red Raven and Cobalt Man, finds himself suddenly torn away from his work by the commands. And Battlestar, well, he's about done with hypnosis.

Both men stand, straining against the powers of Darth Doom. Hyde finds himself exhausted and begins to...dehydrate? Deflate? He seems almost like a raisin suddenly, wasting away into the form of weak, skinny Calvin Zabo. The strain of the fight is too much for him, but he does not kneel. Instead, he simply passes out from exhaustion and pain.

Battlestar steels himself against, the command, using every ounce of willpower at his disposal to step forward once. Twice. Three steps towards Doom as he prepares to punch him. "No...more...magic!" he manages to spit the words out, but in the end something in his brain simply...gives up. He falls to the ground. With the last of his energy, the super soldier speaks into his earpiece communicator. "This is Battlestar. Cube...compromised. Activate contingency Gulf Beta 9...Evacua-" his words are cut off as he passes out, but momentarily the meaning becomes stunningly clear to the assembled Weapon X'ers.

The chilling sound of a siren tears through the night air as TORCH agents pour out of all visible corners of the facility, coordinating an evacuation of the facility. Apparently, whatever secrets lie within the Cube, TORCH is willing to bury them in the sands rather than let anyone steal them away. One of the snipers, who have disappeared from their towers, calls out to the team as he climbs onto a motorcycle, "Whoever you were, and whatever you came here for, you've lost everything!" The man spits on the ground as he tears off into the night. Helicopters, quinjets, and other vehicles begin taking off into the sky as TORCH begins to abandon the facility.

Entrance to the Cube

@Lager: 1d10+3d8 Reaction to the Fury (Team, Determined, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert) = (9)+(8+8+5) = 30; 16 with a d10 effect, so they're still alive. End it, Agent Addison! Don't forget they're at d10 stress, so anything should finish them off.

Fury unleashes his crossbow at the guards, but they are done being taken by surprise and his aim is thrown off by the sudden, ear-piercing siren which blares out from the nearby buildings. The guards dodge his attack, but flash a panicked look to each other at the unexpected sound. The look lasts only a moment before they silently decide to finish this and prevent their attackers from reaching the inside of the facility before they evacuate themselves.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2018 around 21:44

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 4 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d8 (Covert)


"Guess we're going loud."

Addison raises up her pistol, takes just a moment to breath, and fires.

Team d10, I've Fought Bigger d8, Combat d8, Weapon d8, and their Physical Stress d10
2d10+3d8 = (1+10)+(5+6+2) = 24
That's a 16 with a d8 effect die, and one opportunity for Lager to take.

Tagging the TORCH agents if they survive, because I don't want them getting two turns if they keep surviving.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Entrance to the Cube

@Lager: 1d10+3d8 Reaction to Addison (Team, Determined, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert) = (9)+(7+8+1) = 25; 17 with a d8 because they're apparently immortal.

For their attack, @Lager: d10+2d8 Slamming the Door Shut (Team, Determined, Combat Expert) = (10)+(5+2) = 17; 15 with a d8...They're going to try and add that to the doom pool by sealing this entrance to further delay the team's mission. Spiral is next, she can roll the reaction to try and stop them at the same time as her attack.


The Torch agents rely on their body armor to block most of the shots, though several fall to the ground bruised and battered by the impact. The leader shouts orders at them to seal the entrance, and a few of the guards give her a questioning look - there are still TORCH agents evacuating, after all, and closing off their means of egress seems shortsighted.

She shouts at the troops to emphasize her orders, "Oh, I'm sorry, have we forgotten chain of command here? Get to it!" Two of her underlings run over to start barricading the entrance as the leader and another guard try to hold the infiltrators at bay.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2018 around 01:47

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 5
pre:
Physical Stress: D12  --> D10*     Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
*It's a transition scene so my stress is step backed by -1

Darth Doom breathes heavy and tired. The physical strain on his body lessens as he sees his foes falter. He's heavy breathe turns into a weak laugh. Then it grows stronger.

"Once again, the Avengers have fallen before the might of Doom!" He bellows to the sky. Many could hear him, but he speaks only to himself and the wound burning in his chest.

But they are not alone and the situation is dire.

"I believe it would be prudent," Doom says as he returns to the moment, "if we do what we came for quickly. This place is going down. Whatever the head seeks, we find it now or else we find it never."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral

Spiral skids to a pause when the siren goes off. The woman's head snaps up and focuses on the door, as her arms spread and she swings her swords. "Follow me," she tells Addison and Fury. Boots crunch into the ground as she rushes forward, taking a duck ones to slash at knees, then moving into a leap, elbowing a face. They're not the vicious attacks they could be, as she's focused on getting to the door. The two TORCH agents find a six-armed dervish rushing at them, swords slashing and going unrepentantly for the kill.

Sidekick Today at 5:53 PM
@Platonicsolid: 2d8 + 1d6 + 2d10 Team + Multiple Arms + Whirling Blades + Combat Master, + Stress, going to block the agents shutting the door. = (3+6)+(2)+(6+9) = 26


Her focus snaps towards the rest of the team, and remaining TORCH agents...and their leader! She wheels an arm back and chucks one of her swords towards the leader, letting the lightweight thing fly end over end in an attempt to stab her in the back.

Sidekick Today at 5:59 PM
@Platonicsolid: 2d8 + d10 Team + Enhanced Strength + Combat Expert = (5+1)+(1) = 7

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Jul 25, 2018 around 21:59

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Entrance to the Cube

Platonic - please make sure to call out your result and effect dice - from your roll you have a 3, a 6, a 2, a 6, and a 9. Based on those, I'm assuming you'd take the 9, and the 6 from the 8 to make 15 for your total. For your effect, that leaves you with the other 6 you rolled, which is a d10. So 15 with a d10 effect. You tie their effect, and under my rules heroes win ties because heroes are cool dudes. For your attack, it's easy - it's a 5 with a d4 since you only got one die rolled above 1. I'mma take those two opportunities to add a d8 to the Doom Pool, so take 1 PP, Spiral!

Spiral's vicious and efficient attack stops the agents from being able to close the doors to the prison, but the leader - through no plan or foresight of her own - manages to step out of the way just as the sword flies past her. She watches it go right by her shoulder, stunned at the sight as she spins to face Spiral, sneering at the mutant.

@Lager: 1d10+3d8 Reaction to Spiral (Team, Determined, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert) = (7)+(2+7+5) = 21; I was planning to intentionally botch the roll if I could roll 2 dice under 5, but that's going to be a 14 with a d8. Tagging Agent Addison, since Spiral did not tag anyone. Finish them!!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?


Agent Addison
PP: 2->3->2 XP: 4 Stress: None
Resources: TORCH ID d8 (Covert)


Addison can't line up another shot, not when Spiral's cutting through them this fast. Can't risk the friendly fire... Wait, that sword throw made an opening! She's operating purely on instinct now, years of combat experience telling her just how to follow up an attack like that.

She charges into the fray with surprising speed, punching the lead guard right in the side of her head* as she turns towards Spiral.

*If this roll works, of course.

Team d10, Physical Stress d10, I've Fought Bigger d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Expert d8
2d10+3d8 = (5+3)+(6+3+4) = 21
Spending 1PP to make this a 15 with a d10 effect die, which will hopefully crack this incredibly stubborn minion. Tagging Spiral next if they survive, because I trust the size of her dice pool more.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

As Darth Doom pointed out, it's a transition scene. The bookkeeping post should have everyone's stress levels at the right spot. Venom's at d6 trauma, with stress removed.

Venom nearly lost consciousness, but is aware enough to notice that the sounds of battle have become sounds of evacuation. She moves slowly, and only slightly at first. Battlestar's last hit may have bruised some ribs, hopefully none are broken though. Her leg is hurting in a bad way, as well. She can move, though, and is eventually able to will herself up onto her feet, albeit with a bit of help from Mega Man X. As she starts walking, she's able to push past the pain enough to move at an only slightly slower pace than usual.

For better or worse, they did their job - a gamma bomb alarm is one hell of a distraction, and the TORCH agents in the facility are more concerned with their evacuation than they are with further harassment of the Weapon X team. They are free to move towards the prison. And, if all goes well, they should finish their mission and teleport away to the next stop before the prison goes BOOM. Or, at least, that's how Madame Webb made it sound. Maybe the next world would have a beach...

X, Darth Doom, Venom, and Gaston begin to head towards the prison to find the rest of their company.

Entrance to the Cube

1d10+2d8 Reaction to Agent Addison (Team, Determined, Combat Expert) = (8)+(7+6) = 21; 15 with a d8 - heroes win ties, so these guards are finally down for the count! No hard feelings, Mob of Veteran Guards - you did good.

Agent Addison's sucker punch lands as the alarm dies down just enough that the combatants hear the sounds of flesh and bone being pummeled. The lead guard, after all her posturing and arrogance, finally hits the ground, hard. The remaining guards, those who aren't lying crumpled on the ground either concussed or bleeding anyway, look to each other with unease before finally throwing up their hands. "We're done!" One of them shouts, a bearded man with a deep scar across his cheek. "I don't know who you people are, and I'm done caring. Protocol ain't worth getting gamma bombed. You want to go in there and blow up, be my guest."

The Head of the Ancient One chuckles inside his rune-covered bag, "Finally! They've seen reason..."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1
XP: 5
pre:
Physical Stress: D10     Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
As the entrance team begins to move towards the prison, Doom ponders. He is weaker than he remembers. Perhaps he was always this weak? No, something happened. That drat Richards! His kids and their betrayal has weakened him. He should have easily been able to redirect that attack. He can't believe how infantile he has been left. One such as Doom is no infant, he is a king. To be made a mockery of is treason. And treason is met with death.

Thoughts for later, though. When he is returned to his Empire.

For now, Doom must act as he is. Weakened. On a team. Away from what he knows.

Befriending fools, falling in line, growing loyalty, these are not new things to Doom. He was a member of the Marvel Order. A member of the Avengers. He lead them to their doom, through trust and trickery. Doom knows how to build such feelings. And they start with a sign of kindness, a feigning of concern, a hint that he "cares" for his lessers.

"Venom," Doom lets loose as they travel, "Are you back to full capability? You took damage in that fight. When I used to serve the Light, I knew of healing techniques. Their secrets allude me now, but I may lend aid to your wounds." Doom is sure to pause. He knows that this one is one of his greatest foes on this team. The distrust was made known on their first encounter. An air of civility. A sign of obedience. A hint of "respect." The first chink in their armor will be made. And then exploited. But it must be done right.

"If you will allow me, of course," he finishes.

Covok fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2018 around 16:35

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 0 | XP: 5

"For all the help you were, head." The Fury swings the Ancient One up to eye-level and grimaces at him as he strides over the bodies towards the prison. "You good for anything besides spouting mysticism and miscellany?"

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

3 PP, 0 XP

At this point, she doesn't have much energy for sustaining past grudges, though she stands by her assessment of his leadership capabilities.

"Thank you," she nods gracefully, rolling onto her back so he has full access to her injuries. She sees no incongruity in this -- while she's unwilling to be subordinate to him, she does trust him to act rationally. If he offers to heal her when she is vulnerable, why would he not carry that out?

"Before those jackasses ganged up on me, I was going to give you a pep talk, hoping I'd be better at lifting you than crushing them. Might be a solid opener, if we end up facing more TORCH veterans."

It's not a retraction of their inauspicious beginning, but there is an olive twig there, if you will. Nevertheless, Venom winces as her colleague redirects her vital energies to ameliorate her condition.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Entrance to the Cube

The head of the Ancient One scoffs at the Fury's questions. "My abilities may be somewhat...diminished by my current condition." Taking on a dignified air, the head continues, "Where once I was the master of the mystic arts, I am now merely a guide to the higher planes of existence. Everything you will need to accomplish your mission can be found within these walls. The Amulet of Agamotto, sealed deep within after being stolen from my mortal form, will lead us to the chosen successor."

Lager fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2018 around 03:43

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 0 | XP: 5

"Thought that was what you were for," Sir Nicholas grumbles as he reattaches the headbag to his waist. "Can you guide us to it at least, or would I need to hold the map for you?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Entrance to the Cube

The head does not deign to look at the Fury, whether out of embarrassment or because he is a head in a bag, who is to say. "Of course you won't have to. The map will be on a wall, I expect. Maybe a monitor. You shall just have to hold me up to it."

Lager fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2018 around 22:26

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.



Darth Doom
PP: 1 ---> 2
XP: 5
pre:
Physical Stress: D10     Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None     Emotional Trauma: None
Doom has to hold back from scoffing. Doom needs no pep talk from a infant just coming into their own. In many ways, this insolence is all too familiar to Doom. That Doom remembers another girl her age who showed similar insolence.

Doom has seen more combat than she ever will in her life, just like that other girl. Doom, however, knows that verbalizing such things would only breed animosity. An olive branch was given, as Doom had hoped. It is a chance to make this work. Best to take it, then fight it.

For now.

"I'm sure it would have been a good talk, young Venom." Doom said as he prepared to channel the power cosmic. "Though, I doubt any future TORCH agents will be interested in fighting, more likely to flee in terror at our might."

And with that, he tried to focus on calming thoughts. To allow the light to return to him...for a moment. To use the healing arts.

It was difficult. His wound burned and he could hear Reed's laughter. He felt his body tense and he almost let lightning flow through his fingers. But, he opened his eyes before he let death escape his fingers and saw the girl below him more closely. The girl looked a lot like young Valeria, his former apprentice. There was a surge of killing intent in Doom's mind when the connection formed: to ring her neck till life's breathe stopped. As expected of a Hydra trying to convene with the Power Cosmic, emotions run high and wild and seeing one's murderer would make anyone furious. But that died to a feeling of paternalism.

Valeria was also his student. Even with her betrayal, that doesn't change. If anything, every teacher in the school of Hydra wishes to be betrayed by their student. It is the way of Hydra: the student betrays the master when he is no longer powerful enough to fight them off. If anything, he should feel pride.

And then, Doom could feel the light return to him long enough for him to try and heal the young girl.

"You know, you remind me a lot of my...adopted daughter," Humanization can do a lot to bridge the gap: reminding her that he has family, "Hopefully, I won't need to worry of you stabbing me in the back." Not just humanization, but letting her think he is showing a vulnerability, a weakness, a secret: something to bred trust, the feeling that not only is Doom human but that she knows something few do. Of course, it is true that few know of Valeria's betrayal, but Doom cares little about the knowledge getting out, of its nature as a secret, or letting this young girl know. It's only a bargaining tool he is trading for loyalty and trust. That's the only reason he told her.

Or so Doom tells himself.

Doom is attempting to heal Venom.

Doom is acting without anyone's assitance on his own so I'm using Solo.

Solo (d10) + Cosmic Senses (D10) + Master of the Power Cosmic (D8) + Mystic Expert (D8)

2D10 = 9, 9 + 2D8 = 4, 8, ...2?

I accidentally rolled 3d8. Not sure how you want to handle that. But I think I got a compromise.

See, I got this Limit: Will Of The Power Cosmic. Both 1 and 2 on your dice count as opportunities when using a Master of the Power Cosmic power.

So, since it's a 2, I guess you can take the opportunity, grow the Doom Pool, and I ignore the highest rolled d8, the 8, and we call it even.

So, my final result is:

18 with a D8 effect.

Covok fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2018 around 23:06

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!


Bookkeeping Post

Checkpoint

Taking that opportunity, the compromise sounds fair enough. After this action I'll be growing the pool to 3d10, 1d8.

@Lager: 2d10+2d8 Doom Pool vs. Darth Doom's Support Action = (4+4)+(2+1) = 11; 8 with a d8, so you win that roll pretty handily. Venom gets a d8 to spend with her healing action! I'll leave any narration out for now on my end, since we won't know if the healing is successful until Venom rolls her action.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Venom

3 PP, 0 XP

Buddy d10, My Alien Partner d8, Superhuman Senses d10, Combat Expert d8, Doom's Assistance d8: 2d10+3d8 = 5, 6, 4, 1, 1. 15 d4.

"Fleeing in terror, eh?" Venom jokes weakly, trying not to writhe as her body knits itself back together. This treatment is dealing with the damage, but it's not a replacement for going to an actual doctor with real equipment. "Gee, that'd be nice."

She's no stranger to battlefield medicine - she'd collaborated with SHIELD on a few occasions, and hadn't gotten through scot-free - but it's a new sensation, this thing Doom is doing. It's an invasive sensation, and she has to listen to her deeper instincts to keep from fighting it. Her companion helps, as apparently the Klyntar have encountered . . . whatever this is, before.

"Sounds like a story and a half," she offers at his mention. Felicia has to restrain her discomfort at the revelation - clearly Doom does not have good relationships with his subordinates, but family is something else. Peter and Gwen had given so much to help her defend the people of New York.

She half-chuckles, gasping at how that pulls at her closing wounds.

"Stab you in the back? Think I've shown that I'm willing to meet you head on, Doom. Also, stabbing in general? Not my forte."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Spiral
2PP, 0XP

With the fight over, Spiral sheathes her one sword. "A human with sense. Will wonders never cease," she snorts, meandering with utter casualness across the battlefield to pick up her sword. The object itself gets a glare and then she puts it away. She saves some contempt for the head. "Perhaps you will be more effective mounted on a pike," she says. "Fury, you can control the...creature?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Sir Nicholas
PP: 0 | XP: 5

The Fury scoffs and shakes the Ancient One's bag. "Much as there's anything of 'im to control, yeah, I think I've got it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little Mac
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 > 1 | XP: 1 | Stress: 1d8 > 1d6 Physical Stress

X watched Doom work his magics on Venom. There's a pang of guilt there: maybe he was too harsh on Doom. He was a powerful ally for sure and he at least seemed to care about his teammates.

But... he was still Doom. And he seemed too gleeful in taking out a team of Avengers. X didn't feel proud or gleeful. He wondered if they were doing the right thing. As the foursome began to wander into the prison he looked at GasTRON.

"You did good work back there," he remarked. "I liked the suplex. Same goes for you two." He gave a curt nod to Doom but didn't wait long enough to see if he returned it. Instead, he kneeled down and laid two fingers on Red Raven's head. For a second he heard music again and then everything was red. Her powers weren't as mechanical as Cobalt Man's, but the Copy Chip worked the same either way thanks to Stark and Vision.



X glowed red and began to hover in the air, ten feet above the rest.

"I think I can see where the others are. We should regroup. From the sounds of that siren, we may be short on time."

---

Spending a PP to add Red Raven's d8 Flight to my own powerset. Also stepping back stress during a transition scene.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply