Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 5 Stress: Physical d8

Addison yelps as she's shoved out of the way, but by the time she's whirled back around to confront Fury it's already too late.

"Alright. We know Mephisto is involved. We've choked a man as he bled to death. Can we just appoint a new Sorcerer Supreme and finish our mission?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Spiral

The six-armed mutant looks none too pleased to learn that finishing off David did not, in fact, complete their mission.

"Does our selection *matter*?" she asks. "Beyond that we make a pick? Why not her?" she points with an arm, at Storm, more or less at random.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

Felicia is just confused by all this talk of demons and the like. Not that she doesn't have a decent idea of what a demon is, but she missed the part where they became relevant. Maybe Fury actually understood all that nonsense Haller was talking. Spiral's suggestion didn't sound right, though.

"Shouldn't the Sorcerer Supreme be chosen carefully? At least, a little?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Dracula's Tomb

Hank McCoy steps forward, shaken from his two-dimensional experience, but intent to be the first to speak for the assembled mutants of this world. "Well, I may be far from the expert in magic, but I feel it is of paramount importance to illuminate the situation at hand." He walks over to the cell doors to Dracula's tomb as he continues. "The autothaumaturgist over there," he gestures towards the Myriad's body, "only showed up after your totemic instrument led your team to this place. It would seem quite logical to assume that the next 'Sorcerer Supreme,'" the Beast mutters under his breath something about that being a ridiculously ostentatious title, "is right behind this door."

Cyclops stands and grabs Beast by the shoulder. "You can't be serious! Dracula is dead, and he's staying that way if I have anything to say about it!" He turns to look at the assembled dimensional travelers. "Look - I was wrong about you, I admit that. I appreciate your help in dealing with the Myriad. But now it's time for us to keep the peace on our own world. It's time for you to go." Turning to his fellow guards, he looks to Siryn and Iceman. "Theresa, Bobby - you two need to hurry to the Warden's office and disable the bomb before it's too late. Take my access key." He tosses a badge to Siryn, who flies off shrieking as Iceman slides down the hall after her.

Wolverine snickers and lights a cigar. "Listen, Slim - you might think we got all the bases covered here, but these mooks showing up here at all proves that wrong. We just found out our whole lives here were a lie. The one we were counting on ta tell us what's what wound up being some kinda whack job who murdered his own old man and blamed magic. I say we give these guys a fair shake."

Dazzler nods in agreement. "I don't know that I understand what just happened, but as far as I'm concerned right now? The warden was the one who told us to take down every wizard out there. I'd say it's about time we put one back in place."

Beast holds his chin thoughtfully. "Dracula may not be really dead, after all, anyway. I mean, deader than usual." The furry scientist shrugs a bit. "Our newfound friends seem to have quite the prognosticatory abilities, after all. But...I believe that in order to bring him back, he will need...sustenance."

The other guards give Beast a horrified expression as McCoy continues. "Scott, I...I think one of us will have to feed him."

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

"All of us," Felicia corrects him, to a skeptical audience. She shrugs, aware of the audacity of her suggestion.

"I remember the story other-you told me, the second or third time that Jean Grey died. The Phoenix Force drained her so much that she needed an infusion of life force, and you all volunteered to help. A portion of soul-power from ten people can resurrect one."

She grimaces and looks down, grinding her left toes into the ground. "I'm not exactly eager to let someone like Dracula have any of my blood, but unless there's a better idea, I think that's what we'll have to do."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

X

X steps forward into the makeshift circle of erstwhile heroes. "I think I might be the only one here without blood to give," here starts, "but I don't know if I agree completely. My files show Dracula has... an effect on those he bites. Mental control. Violent compulsion. I think resurrecting Dracula is the right idea, but I'm not sure I trust him. I don't want to end up fighting all of you at the end of this.

"What about Wolverine? Would his healing factor keep him from vampirization? My records are conflicted on that."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison

"I've fought Dracula before. Never been properly bit, but I've felt his mesmerism before. Understanding how it worked was never my department, but... if this is something we're worried about, I have experience shaking it off. Besides..." She gives her Nano-Nurse a quick gunslinger's spin. "Whoever volunteers, this should be able to offset the worst of the blood loss."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Dracula's Tomb

Beast listens carefully to the suggestions of the Weapon Xers. "I agree with your reploid companion. While diluting the effect between the whole group of us may prove effective, the risk of Dracula controlling us all is too great. Logan, I'm not sure that you would be able to withstand the effects, however. In my experience, you healing factor reacts unpredictably to magic.

Wolverine growls a bit, feeling he's being dismissed out of hand. Jubilee nudges him a bit. "Like, out of anyone here, you going all vampire kill-crazy would be the pits to deal with. Don't forget, we've seen you get all drunk and fighty before." Gambit snickers, right up until Wolverine glares at the cajun, causing him to hold his hands up and back off.

Suddenly, GasTRON pushes the beast out of the way. "Hah! The rest of you mewling wimps can argue about this all night long for all I care - a true hero isn't afraid to lose a little blood." Before anyone else can respond, Gaston has already pushed his way inside the gate and grabbed the head. Looking back at McCoy, Gaston glowers. "And don't think I've forgotten about you, Beast. I'll test my mettle against you and prove myself the better man, after I've finished this little donation." He puts the head against some of his more exposed skin - away from the circuitry and cybernetics that cover much of his frame - and rolls his eyes. "I don't see what was so hard about thi-" he suddenly stops, his eyes going blank as Dracula's disembodied head sinks its fangs into his body, drinking deeply. He drops to his knees in shock, feeling his lifeforce draining away. Tendrils of red begin to uncoil from the stump of Dracula's neck, expanding out as he attempts to regrow his body as Gaston's expense...

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Spiral

Felicia's suggestions gets a firm response from Spiral, as the mutant squares her shoulders, arms crossing and her brow knitting. "I would rather die than fall under *its* control," she sneers. "You may give yourself to it if you wish, and then I will put you out of your suffering."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison

drat it, Gaston. Addison is already rushing forward, nano-nurse in hand. He may be a lout and a confusingly-fictional character, but she isn't going to just let someone die here.

"Okay Gaston, keep your eyes on me. We'll get you through this." Look him in the eyes. Make sure his pupils are properly dilating. Tap the butt of the injector against his arm, try to find somewhere soft enough to inject. Keep tapping. Wonder how much of Gaston is pure armor. Find one spot in his armpit that might work. Hope for the best.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Dracula's Tomb

Addison and several of the X-Men barely manage to pry the disembodied head of Dracula off of Gaston. Cyclops barks orders at his people, "Keep those teeth away from you! He's had enough to start regenerating, but I'm not about to let him get greedy!" He holds a hand up, ready to remove his visor entirely and atomize the head if need be. The Beast manages to hold the head in a somewhat...gooey headlock, as the tendrils of blood have begun forming a new body for the Lord of Vampires in a scene that Addison cannot help but compare to the original Hellraiser.

Tending to Gaston, Addison does everything she can to help, but his breathing is rapid and his eyes seem to be completely blank, staring into nothingness. Only time will tell whether it has worked, but Nightcrawler advises her that he will bring him to the infirmary on the double. As Kurt Wagner teleports away with the traumatized cyborg, the stench of brimstone fills the enclosed chamber. As the smoke clears, all those assembled can see that Dracula's eyes are open, and watching...

The vampire's voice, hoarse and weak, breaks the silence. "Mortals - I live again! Whether by providence or folly, you have given me a fitting sacrifice to bring me back from the brink of oblivion. I will spare you long enough to explain your purpose!"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison

That's it. Nothing more she can do now. And she has something more important to do for the mission.

"Mr Tepes, we have a job offer for you. This universe needs a Sorcerer Supreme. If one doesn't appear soon, this dimension will unravel. And you, Mr Tepes, are the only person left with enough magical aptitude to don the mantle. What will it be?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Dracula's Tomb

Dracula laughs, long and low, his newly-formed throat wet with congealed blood. "You ask Lord Dracula to don the mantle of the Sorcerer Supreme?" He looks to Cyclops. "Agent Summers, you really must be desperate. Do you see now? Do you see what fresh hell you have wrought upon your world?" He steps forward, gesturing dramatically. His new body has gained enough strength to monologue, it would seem. "You were so intent on destroying the magical forces holding your world together that you now risk destroying everything. And now, at the end, you must turn to the one man you could not kill for good." He smiles, flashing his fangs at the assembled guards and Weapon Xers. "And you have no choice but to trust me, it would seem. How utterly delightful." He licks his lips, lapping up a trickle of Gaston's blood that still remains on the corner of his mouth. "And delicious."

He stands, gliding along the floor towards Agent Addison. "And you, my dear. You are not with this ridiculous TORCH, I take it? You don't talk like you're from around here, either. Tell me, what shall I do to accept your generous offer?" He moves a hand up towards her face, flesh only just forming on the extremity.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 5->6 Stress: Physical d8

"I'm an agent of SHIELD, Mr Tepes." She brushes his still-forming hand away from her face. "And I've fought you a dozen times before. Please, do not give me a reason to fight you again. All we need you to do is take up the Amulet of Agamotto held by my associate here and do what you can to protect this realm. Everything past that, I trust you to figure out. You are many things from my experience, but not someone who would stand by and let the world be destroyed."

Adding 1 XP for talking about my previous experiences with someone in another universe.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

Addy's hit on something there.

"Nobody's talking about a code of honor here, Drack. You're not a nihilist, is the thing - you don't want to watch the world burn if that means you go with it. And that's what's gonna happen if you walk away. There's no leverage but ours, here, no way out for anyone but our team."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Dracula's Tomb

Dracula smiles smugly to Addison as she brushes his hand away, "I believe I would remember fighting with someone as...spirited as you, my dear." Listening to Agent Addison and Venom debate with him, he idly strokes his beard as he considers the proposal. "You are correct - I would not desire to see the world destroyed. All that I desire - all that I have ever desired - is a home for my people." He glares at Cyclops. "That is no longer necessary." He steps towards Sir Nicholas and Mega Man X. "Still, perhaps the powers of the Sorcerer Supreme will allow me to start anew. I will amass new followers, and none shall oppose me this time."

Cyclops looks like he's got an itchy visor as he speaks, "That's not happening, Dracula. As far as I'm concerned, you can take that amulet, but you're getting back in your cell and you're going to sit there and you're going to wait for us to call you. That's how this is going to work. You're not the Sorcerer Supreme, you're a wizard on a leash. And I'm holding the slack." He frowns - apparently that line sounded cooler in his head.

Dracula sneers as he reaches out to take the Amulet of Agamotto from the Fury. "We shall see, Summers. We shall see."

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

Well, that looks like it's going to be a mess. Maybe they'll figure something out, like apprenticing sorcerers who aren't so unpleasant, or something. Not really our problem, though.

"So, uh, what happens now?" Felicia asks. "Our mission is done, are we going to get vwoomp-ed away or something?"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 6 Stress: Physical d8

"It was another universe, Mr Tepes. You'll have all the more reason to think about other dimensions soon enough."

---

"Here's hoping. This mission has gone on long enough."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Dracula's Tomb

As Dracula receives the Amulet, the relic glows brightly and Dracula himself seems...elevated somehow. Lowering his face, he smiles wryly and chuckles low in his throat. "I almost believed you would renege on this arrangement. Now to find the rest of my tools. I believe the Cloak of Levitation and the Books of Knowledge are likely to be found in your ridiculous little prison, as well." Dracula waves dismissively to the others and moves to push past Cyclops. The guard does not move. Siryn and Iceman return just in time to join them, having finished disarming the bomb.

"Get. Back. In. Your. Cell." Cyclops glares, hand near his visor for emphasis. The other remaining guards collect behind their leader, preparing to back him up despite their apprehension.

Dracula smirks. "TORCH barely defeated me before, and I doubt that you have the Montesi Formula lying around to finish the job."

Cyclops gestures with a hand behind his back to his comrades as he fires an optic blast. Dracula dodges easily out of the way, laughing at the effort, but that's exactly what Cyclops was counting on. Siryn lets loose with a sonic scream, as Dazzler uses her ability to turn the sonic boom into a massive energy explosion directed right at Dracula's chest. The vampire lord is knocked backwards, directly into his cell. Gambit and Beast lunge forward, closing the cell door. Cyclops glares. "The magical protections on that cell should at least take time for you to break through, considering that you're still a Sorcerer Supreme in Training. In the meantime, we'll be sure to get some contingencies together to make sure you stay where you belong until we need you." He turns away, leaving the enraged vampire to pound his fist against the cell. "The Montesi Formula sounds promising. We'll look into that."

The Tallus on X's wrist begins to glow, and speaks to him.

"Your mission is complete, but your quest has only just begun. One has fallen, and will never return home."

And with that, just as Cyclops moves to address them, they feel the multiverse tug them away once more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQe1QxHZuWg

When the world stops spinning, they find themselves in some sort of windowless room filled with large metallic boxes - storage containers of some kind, by the looks of them. The room is made of some unknown material, and almost looks like the set of some sort of science fiction film. The Tallus speaks again to X.

"You have another mission, Weapon X. A group of dangerous renegades threaten to destabilize not just this world, but all others. They must be eliminated for the good of all."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 6 Stress: Physical d8

Addison grimaces, slumping against a nearby crate. Teleporting between worlds wasn't as nauseating as it was last time, but it still isn't pleasant. For now, she'll just close her eyes and rest her cheek against the cool metal. Maybe that way she can keep herself together.

"So... Any idea where we are now?"

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

Felicia screws up her mouth. This mission was not starting pleasantly.

"I don't think we're going to find anything here. Might as well head out."

A slight pang, that she tried to ignore, at not meeting the other world's Walter Hardy. Not her father, of course, but . . . Maybe it would have just hurt.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 | XP: 2 | Stress: 1d6 Physical Stress, 1d6 Emotional Stress

X is stunned by the direct message from the Tallus. This message seems different from the last. It's not as cryptic as that one. It's instructions. A kill order.

"Alright," X sighs, holding the glowing Tallus up, "GasTRON is... gone. Fallen, the Tallus said. It said he'll 'never return home,' so I guess we're not going back to get him. And the other thing, well-" He stops short and looks at the Tallus, this time with disdain.

"Our last mission had us empower a terrible evil - sure, Haller was bad but who's to say a super-powered mystical vampire won't be just as bad down the line. We did what the Tallus asked and what do we have to show for it? A bunch of banged up fighters and a dead cyborg. Dead or... or abandoned."

X looks at Venom and nods. "Heading out's the right plan. We can't just stay here. But the Tallus says we're here to 'eliminate a group of dangerous renegades.' Are we saving worlds or are we assassins? I... don't trust Madame Web. I don't think you all should either. And I know that GasTRON is gone on my watch. But I think we work well together."

He looks at Addison and Venom, "I know I can trust you. We're not... we're not killers."

He looks at Doom, Spiral, and Fury, "Or at the very least I know I can depend on your skills. For now let's get our eyes outside wherever we are, but don't go off half-cocked. Tread lightly. We don't want another person to... fall."

I'm activating X's Moody limit up front and giving him 1XP, 1PP, and an emotional stress of d6. He feels responsible for GasTRON's death. Also, I BELIEVE my absorbed powers don't make the jump with me? Is that correct? I can't recall, ha.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Unknown Cargo Bay

New Act, everyone! If you want to cash in XP for any progression, let me know. And Little Mac - you're right that right now the powers don't come with you between acts. You can upgrade that for some XP when you have enough at an act break though.

As X explains the context of the Tallus's commands, and the team prepares to head out, their surroundings are suddenly tossed almost out from under them. A massive sound like thunder accompanies the lurch - some sort of explosion? And alarm starts blaring almost immediately, followed by a voice coming from some unseen intercom system.

"Captain Hook - to the bridge! We're under fire!"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison
PP: 2 XP: 6 Stress: Physical d6

"I don't trust this situation any more than you do. But if what Madame Webb said is true, if the fate of universes hang in the balance... Can we risk it? Can we risk the multiverse falling apart? I've had to make tough choices, but-"

The alarm blares as the whole building (?) shakes, cutting Addison off. It's almost enough to make her not notice that Captain Hook is reporting to the bridge. But don't worry, she just has to not think about it. Just like half of what Deadpool said.

"That's our cue. We need to get out there and find out what's happening now, before this room gets blown open. I'm going to find out what this... sigh Captain Hook is up to. Who's with me?"

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

Felicia nods; she had hoped for a break, rather than going right back into the fire, but her life had gone sort of crazy the day she touched the asteroid anyway.

"Let's do this thing."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Unknown Cargo Bay

I'm assuming the party is heading out at least into the hallways at the suggestion of Venom and Addison, so moving ahead!

Addison and Venom lead the way to get the team out of the current room, finding themselves in a hallway. Following the corridor away from the current room, another couple explosions rock the...the voice mentioned a bridge, so is this a ship?...but they manage to keep their balance with a bit of effort. And then they see it - a window in the hallway. And just like that, they realize where they really are. Beyond the window, they see stars twinkling in the void of space, and the brilliant flashes of light from weapons fire being exchanged between a strange vessel, and the apparent starship that Weapon X has found themselves on.

The team is in outer space, and someone out there is trying to blow them up.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison

Huh. Addison's never been to space before.

"I hope one of you can breath in space. Otherwise, our best bet is to reach the bridge and see what we can do."

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 20, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Darth Doom
PP: 2
XP: 5
pre:
Physical Stress: None     Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None   Emotional Trauma: None
Doom laughed. Doom rarely laughed. Much was beneath Doom. Much of it so far beneath that lesser beings would laugh. But this. This was worthy of Doom's laughter. He was back in his element. Space. The great wide expanse. He had conquered a galaxy in the name of the Empire. Whatever this Tallus had planned, it had chosen wisely.

But, still, a ruse needs to be followed if it is to be successful. Turning to MegaMan X, Doom began.

"Leader, I think it'd be best to defer command to me in these matters. I was a leader of a space faring naval fleet that conquered an entire galaxy. These matters fall under the purview of my expertise. If you give me command, I will ensure you victory in these matters. You can be sure of it for Doom does not fail in his promises."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Unknown Spaceship

Before X can answer, the ship is rocked by another explosion. The lights in the hall dim for a brief moment, and the members of Weapon X look to each other before rushing down the halls, trying to find their way to the bridge. They're not sure what vessel they're even on, much less of its schematics, but Doom knows his way around spacecraft and does his best to lead them towards the most logical location of their goal. They burst through the doors, just in time to see a ragtag group of...pirates? The man in charge of this motley crew definitely looks the part - a bit foppish in appearance, but with a hook hand, and a cutlass and what almost looks like a flintlock pistol attached to his belt. He also bears what looks like the Tallus on his non-hook hand. The rest of the crew include a man in a ridiculously oversized scarf, a man who looked like he might be cosplaying HG Wells's Invisible Man, a powerful looking woman with the most incredibly ornate armor that any of them has ever seen, and a man that several of the Weapon Xers recognize as...a Magneto.

The bandaged man whips around to look at the members of Weapon X as they burst in, "Captain! A boarding party?!"

Hook turns to look at them as well. Noticing the Tallus that Mega Man X bears, he raises an eyebrow. "I think not, my dear Dr. Westlake." Another tremor, though thankfully smaller this time. "Though I must hope that our new guests will hold a moment while we deal with this pressing matter. Fire another volley, then turn about and prepare for ramming speed! We're going to make them run for it!"

Lager fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 9, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Darth Doom
PP: 2
XP: 5
pre:
Physical Stress: None     Physical Trauma: None
Mental Stress: None          Mental Trauma: None
Emotional Stress  None   Emotional Trauma: None
Doom mused on the nature of multiverse. Space pirates were a common sight in the galaxy before Doom's rise to power. The Empire's tightening grip squeezed the life out of that trade. Only the edges of the empire still housed such vagrants. And, yet, it was not always this way. In Doom's youth, he often spared and was aired by a rogue of a pirate. A conniving but charming fellow who took the moniker of Loki from some old myth. Doom did not see a Loki in front of him. Or so Doom presumed. But, he could tell that he was the leader. Someone on a similar path as Weapon X, judging from the Tallus. And someone who knew they were allies.

"A cut-and-run maneuver?" Doom interjected, "Then this ship must be outmatched." Turning to Gwen, "I suggest you take precautions for this ship is likely to get rough over the next few minutes. Same with the rest of you. This is not your expertise. I will assist this 'captain' with his command, if he needs it. But, it'd be best if our party prepares for the worst. Pirates in my experience tend to either be lucky or dead."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X
PP: 2 | XP: 3 | Stress: 1d6 Physical Stress, 1d8 Emotional Stress

This it it, X thought. This is the nightmare scenario.

In a way he was extremely happy for the explosions that had forced an end to Doom's conversation. Every circuit in his body was telling him to shout Doom down and step up to his boldfaced bravado. X didn't trust half his own team and foremost among those he deemed untrustworthy was the armored mage himself. As they ran down the hall X kept thinking of some snappy comeback to Doom, something pithy that would keep him in check and ensure that at least the other more rambunctious members of the team would respect his authority.

Of course, once they got to the bridge things weren't much better. Suddenly there was a Magneto there - because of course - and they were dealing with some kind of space pirate situation. Doom, of course, was in his element. He was suddenly barking out orders. They had just landed in the middle of a bunch of pirates, but the only mutiny was seemingly directed towards him.

Still, perhaps giving Doom a longer leash was... the better choice. But a leash nonetheless.

"I'll stick with you, Doom. Captain, I'm X. Anything we can do to help?"

X is having a rough go of it. Activating Moody again.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 11, 2019

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

Confusion seemed the order of the day, even beyond what one might expect for a team of dimension-hoppers. Felicia was rather at a loss, for both words and actions. Not enough to trust Doom, but X remained in command. Except for this captain, presumably.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Unknown Spaceship

The Captain gives a bemused expression at Doom's grandiosity. "I'm afraid you misheard - we're not retreating, we're charging! Hold on, everyone! Max - I'm counting on you to hold this rig together!"

Sweat pours from Magneto's brow, his eyes closed and hands held up at either side. He seems to be focusing with all his concentration, and the hull creaks and moans. The imposing woman hits several controls on the panel in front of her, and energy blasts fire at the enemy ship as they accelerate rapidly, getting dangerously close to the other ship as they prepare to ram. The enemy vessel fires another series of blasts, but Magneto's efforts seem to be protecting them from the worst of the impact.

The Captain holds his good hand in a fist out in front of himself. "Come off it, show me your backs, you Shi'ar dogs..." At what seems like it must be the last moment, the vessel turns and begins to break away. "Good form, lads..." The captain seems relieved and relaxes, turning away from the screen. They slow again, breaking off pursuit. Just then, though, the enemy vessel decides to have another go, firing one more burst. Magneto winces, and almost drops to his knees.

The man in the ridiculous scarf rushes over to the imposing woman and grabs a small box from her belt. "My apologies, Barda, but I...well, I have the beginnings of a plan." He looks to the Weapon X team. "I don't suppose any of you are engineers? Scientists? I could use any spare hands..." He begins to fiddle with the box and a small device that he pulls from his pocket. "If I can just redirect the energy flow..."

The woman called Barda looks over to him angrily, "The Motherbox is no toy, Doctor! Take heed!"

Meanwhile, the firefight continues. A small explosion occurs at one of the panels, knocking the bandaged man to the ground hard. The Captain looks to the group as well. "If any of you know how to steer a ship, feel free to make good on your offer of assistance! If not, I fear we all may be dead soon!"

Anybody who wants to throw a roll in to help out, the Doctor is trying to do something with the Motherbox and his sonic screwdriver, and the ship needs a new pilot! You can make some roll using Tech/Science to help the Doctor, and Vehicles to try and fly the ship. It'll be a roll against the Doom Pool for either one. A failure to pilot might result in complications while success might help wrap the ship combat up.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Agent Addison

This is a surprisingly familiar situation for Addison, despite it being almost completely unrelated to anything she's actually done before. Has she served aboard a space pirate vessel? Has she fought the Shi'ar? No. But Magneto is desperately protecting his allies with a magnetic shield and someone is desperately trying to find a scientific solution and it's just like old times. It's almost enough to make her nostalgic.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but we are in the middle of an active battle. We need to take whatever chances we can get." Addison brushes past the taller woman to face the doctor with the long scarf.

"I may not be much help, but I do have practical experience with dimensional technology under field conditions. What are you trying to do here, Doctor... ?" She trails off, waiting for a name.

Going to try to help the Doctor with whatever it is he's doing. Team d10, Agent of (A) SHIELD d8 because making weird salvaged tech work in the field is in my job description, Tech as 2d6 because I don't like having small dice pools in MHR.

1d10+1d8+2d6 = (10)+(8)+(2+6) = 26

So, uh. That's an 18 with a d6 effect die, or a 16 with a d8 effect die. I'll stick with the 18, because something's better than nothing.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Unknown Spaceship

@Lager: 2d10 Doom Pool = (8+7) = 15 with a d4 effect, so you win that one handily. d6 Sensor Ghosts Asset on your side, now. If someone with some Vehicle skill wants to try and pilot the ship, they can try to boost that asset. Once the asset hits d10 or higher we'll call this little ship sequence a wrap and you can get on with assassinating these rebels at Madame Webb's command, which I'm sure you'll all follow to the letter!

Flashing a toothy smile, the Doctor simply responds, "Yes, quite!" He directs her to open one of the maintenance panels on the bridge, near the weapons console. "This little device might not look like much, but it's the most powerful computer within light-years of this ship. It should be more than powerful enough to cause some chaos..." Working together, the Doctor walks Addison through the process - they're going to try and convince the Shi'ar that their vessel is moving in a completely different direction, to try and make the enemy fire at the wrong spot entirely. "Just have to hack into their sensor array, and..." He grins to her, reaching into his coat for a small paper bag of candies. "Have a jelly baby, my dear - we've earned it."

Captain Hook is relieved as he watches the enemy ship begin firing into empty space, seemingly at random, chasing after the false signals the Doctor is sending at them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The ship pitched about wildly, flying without a pilot. As they tried to hold the craft together, they heard... a sound. Down the hallway... footsteps. No, not just footsteps. BOOTsteps. Size-13 wrestling boot steps! And... was that music?

Suddenly a newcomer exploded through the door in a flash of red, yellow and orange. So much orange. His eyes were wild as he looked around the bridge, his eyes instantly locking on the controls. Could that be...? It is! It's him! It's

"Looks like all you Hulkamaniacs are in a jam!" He announced. "Well let me tell you something, brother! Whether it's a motorcycle or a monster truck, there ain't nothing the Hulkster can't drive, jack. Now let me at those controls, dude!"

He smoothed his golden Hulkastache with one hand before he tugged at the back of his red and yellow "HOGAN" bandanna. He quickly made his way to the controls and used his 24-inch pythons to gently pick up the injured pilot (who was probably a Hulkamaniac) and move him to the floor before grabbing the stick and throttle in his mighty hands.

He could almost hear the voice of an old rival as he did so... Take the pilot, who has already made the sacrifice, Hulk Hogan. Assume the controls, Hulk Hogan. SHOVE THE PLANE INTO A NOSE DIVE, HULK HOGAN! With every ounce of force he could muster, Hogan slammed the control stick straight ahead as he jammed the throttle all the way into the open position.

"Let's see if you can keep up with the Hulkster, brother!" He taunted them as he leaned forward over the console, like a bull getting ready to charge. The tears in the back of his yellow shirt opened further as his muscles tensed.

Roll is 13 with a D6 effect to help get them off our tail.

quote:

HOGAN
(Terry Bollea)
"Secret identity?" In my business we call that a "shoot name," brother!

D10 Solo, D8 Buddy, D6 Team

The Largest Arms in the World
Consummate Politician
A Double Life

HULK HOGAN

D8 strength, D8 stamina, D8 durability, D8 reflexes, D8 speed

REAL AMERICAN: Step up your effect die and add a D6 if you are in America.
THE MEGA POWERS: Spend a PP to designate another player as your tag-team partner. Step up your buddy die to D10 when they are around, and your assist dice for each other do not step down
HULKAMANIA IS RUNNING WILD: Move your physical stress to the Doom Pool
WHATCHA GONNA DO?: When using an asset you created with D10 Psych Master, step up or double the die.
TRAINING: Step down a HULK HOGAN power die to add a second power to your pool.
PRAYERS: Spend a PP to reroll your attack roll.
ANABOLIC STEROIDS VITAMINS: Step up the effect die when you use your COMBAT EXPERT die in a transition scene.
LIMIT - HULKING UP: When you hit D10 stress, shut down HULK HOGAN and activate HOLLYWOOD HOGAN

Hulk Hogan Expertises: D10 Combat Master, D10 Psych Master, D8 Vehicle Expert

HOLLYWOOD HOGAN

D12 Strength, D12 Durability, D12 Stamina, D6 Leaping

LEFT LEG HOSPITAL, RIGHT LEG MORGUE: Step up all trauma caused by your physical stress.
CRUISERWEIGHTS CAN CRUISER-WAIT, BROTHER: If your opponent has a lower strength die than you, inflict D6 emotional stress for every successful physical attack.
RUN-IN FROM THE BACK: Activate an opportunity and spend 2D10 from the Doom Pool to call in whatever number of guys in nWo t-shirts would be necessary to win the battle..
LIMIT - I'M OUT!: If you drop to D6 stress or below, shut down HOLLYWOOD HOGAN and activate HULK HOGAN

Hollywood Hogan Expertises: D10 Menace Master, D8 Crime Expert, D8 Psych Expert

TITLE BELT
D6 Weapon, D8 Enhanced Durability

BELT SHOT: Step up or double D6 Title Belt. for one attack. If it fails, shut down D6 Title Belt.
LIMIT: GEAR Shut down TITLE BELT to gain 1 PP.

Hulk or Hollywood?
1 XP - When you switch between your two forms
3 XP - When changing between forms makes your goal more difficult
10 XP - When Hollywood Hogan's plans for the New World Order come to fruition, or the Hulkster forms a team to destroy the nWo and Hollywood Hogan for good.

The Main Eventer
1 XP - When you showboat during a fight
3 XP - When you use PSYCH MASTER or MENACE MASTER to create a scene complication
10 XP - When you leave the ring for good to become an even bigger star, or when you decide to focus more on the training, prayers and vitamins.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 6, 2019

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Unknown Spaceship

@Lager: 1d10+1d10 Doom Pool Can't Resist Hulkamania, Brother! = (1)+(5) = 6; So yeah, Doom Pool really can't.

As Hulk Hogan, of all things, suddenly takes the wheel, the good Captain Hook seems downright speechless. They all simply watch the massive mustachioed wrestler take the controls and begin deftly flying the ship out of range of the enemy craft. Between the disruptive effects that the Doctor and Addison's meddling is having on the Shi'ar cruiser's targeting array, and the crackerjack piloting of the Hulkster, Captain Hook's vessel seems to be free and clear. Unfortunately, when a ship is firing wildly, sometimes random chance has a way of biting you in the rear end.

A stray shot from the Shi'ar cruiser just manages to hit the Starjammer. The damage is minor, but enough to overload an EPS conduit and causes one of the control consoles on the bridge too blow up. Spiral is standing right next to the console, and is caught full in the face by the explosion, collapsing to the ground in pain, covered in burns. But at the very least, from that point the Starjammer manages to limp away from the battle, to fight another day. The Doctor rushes over to check her as Captain Hook looks to the body of the bandaged man, who is trying to get up and failing. Then to the body of Spiral. From that point he looks to the Tallus on Mega Man X's arm, then up to the rest of the Weapon X team. "Well...one of ours. And one of yours. And what do we do now, lads?" He narrows his eyes with suspicion, ready to grab for his phaser.

Well, out of the frying pan and into the fire. Now that you're not at risk of being blown out of the sky, time to continue your actual mission - killing the people you just teamed up with!

BEFORE - The Nexus of all Space and Time

Hulk Hogan finds himself on a path made of light, surrounded by a bizarre skyscape of lightning flashes and other paths of light hovering in the void of space. All roads lead towards a labyrinthine structure in the center.

The jet ski was out of control, he should be dead, but this...didn't seem like heaven.

The Hulkster doesn't have much time to consider the situation before he hears a voice behind him, that of a matronly woman. "It was not the most dignified way to pass on, but...I have seen worse, I assure you." Behind him, an elderly woman has appeared, sitting in a long dress and wearing glasses that seem completely opaque. She sits in a bizarre chair comprised of long tubes that weave about each other like a spider's web.

"You are not the first to arrive in this place, and you will not be the last. But our time grows short. You are needed, Terry Bollea. Weapon X will need you in their battle."

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Venom

"Now that the immediate danger has passed, I think priority one is to remain calm," Felicia replied. The whole situation was very strange, and she didn't want to get into a fight - well, there was that, full stop. She didn't want to get into a fight at all, given the conga line of turmoil after . . . after. She didn't want to get into a fight on a spaceship, what with the risk of breaking things, particularly the hull. She didn't want to fight the crew of said ship on their home turf.

"Maybe you can land somewhere, or get to a port, or whatever it is spaceships do," she suggested, "and we can figure out where to go from there?"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

NOW

"You know something, this thing handles a lot like the boat from my hit show Thunder in Paradise." Hogan took his hand off the throttle to give a hearty thumbs up. "I was an ex-commando who had a high-tech superboat and used it to fight crime as a mercenary while helping my single dad friend take care of his kid. Anyway, if you know where to go, the Hulkster's gonna get you there!"

Hogan looked over the many screens on the controls scanning for a map, but soon gave up to look at the captain. "Where do you keep your maps, dude?"

THEN

Hogan shot up to his full height and stared the old woman down from behind his glasses. "Lady, I don't know what territory you work, but in the Dubya-See-Dubya, you don't call a brother by his shoot name unless you're one of the dudes he's worked with, jack," The massive wrestler snarled and flexed imposingly as he spoke. "Now I wanna know where I am and what's going on. There's no Hulkamaniacs here! I've never been here before!"

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Unknown Spaceship

Big Barda and Magneto both move slowly to positions around the flanks of the Weapon X team, prepared for the worst. Magneto looks to Hook. "Are they Exiles, or...?"

Hook holds up a finger to silence his crewman before giving Venom a cold, hard look. "Are you...assassins?"

The drama of the moment is lost almost immediately, however, as Hulk Hogan begins excitedly telling them about his 1994 one-season wonder. The Doctor just looks over at the mountain of a man, and claps his hands together loudly. "Hah! Simply marvelous."

Hook cracks a slight smile. "I'm afraid there's not a port in the storm that would have my pirate crew. No, we must settle this business like gentlefolk. Here, on the bridge. Anything else would simply be bad form. I ask again. Are you assassins?"

BEFORE

The elderly woman simply holds up a hand as if to silence the hulking man. "You may call me Madame Webb. Do not worry, all will be made clear, but it would be easier to show you." Then, from the raised hand, webs seem to shoot out in all directions, until the world turns white all around Hogan. He begins to see shapes, gradually, and watches images of the Weapon X team - Spiral, GasTRON, Megman X, Darth Doom, Agent Addison, Venom, and Sir Nicholas. He watches them materialize outside the cube, the fight with the TORCH soldiers, the battle with the Avengers. He watches as the bomb is activated to destroy the Cube, and the Weapon X team running headfirst into the danger. The clashes with the mutant guards, the ones they called X-Men. And then...the sudden betrayal, as Warden Xavier reveals himself to be his own son, Legion. The team freeing Dracula, in order to make him the new Sorcerer Supreme. And then, the seeming death of GasTRON at the hands of the undead menace.

The images fade, and the woman in the chair is before him once more. "So you see, they have need of a new warrior to join their ranks. You are that warrior, you who would style yourself 'Hulk Hogan'. They are but children, and they are in danger. There is a very dangerous team of rogue agents - Exiles, they will call themselves. They threaten to destroy an entire universe with their actions. They must be...eliminated." Even behind the opaque glasses, she seems to stare right through him at that last statement.

Spreading her hands wide, she pulls a single card out of seemingly thin air. The card hovers in front of her, and slowly lowers towards Hulk. A tarot card - the Tower, specifically. "I am here to provide guidance, and insight. You may choose what you will of it. This card will allow you to view events in your home universe, if you wish. And this..." She pulls a credit card out, lowering it towards him as well. "Will provide for any...monetary needs you may have. These tools are all that I may provide you at this time, aside from my counsel."

She lowers her face. "Help them, Hulk Hogan. They will need your strength to overcome this challenge. Lend them your power to defeat these foes, that you may be hailed as a hero once more."