Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah

"I'm afraid you'll have to take the appropriateness of my name up with my parents." Elijah shrugs. "You must admit it's better than 'von Doom', though."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

"Oh, uh, maybe never ever ask about the kind of thing that tends to happen to Green Goblins. Uh, the glider? Uh, maybe get a jetpack instead. Or jet boots. Hm.", Gwenpool says with a nervous, wide-eyed look at Peter. "What I'm saying is that gliders are a little... passe... like... passe through you? Careful."

Stuffing her hands into her pockets, though, she looks to Slapstick. "But, bell on his head... bell on his.. head... wait. No way? That dork? I wish Howard were here." She gets a more thoughtful look. "But maybe there was an interior studio shot there. Maybe... maybe there's a way in. Either way, we need a fight, this has been way too wordy, people are gonna get bored like this. Sec." With that, she pulls herself up, before flipping into midair and vanishing.

Then, her head pops back out again upside-down to look at Snow, her hair hanging down. Just her head alone. Eerie. "Oh, could be worse, could've been 'Van Damme'." Then, she vanishes again.

Finally, stepping onto the pathway of panels beyond the sight of the others, she skims through them as she reviews the pages so far, trying to see if Slapstick's scouting mission included an internal shot of Bong's studio, as a plan started to come together. Putting her hand to her chin, she pondered. This was definitely stupid enough to work. She was sure of it.

Scouting out to see if she can find a panel to Teleport to Bong's studio with. Rolling Solo + At One With the Genre + Teleport + Covert Expert for a total of 15 with a d10 effect. Not travelling right away, but seeing if she's got the option before she ropes in any of the others.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

In the Alley

As Bullseye knocks on the door, holding the transformed Slapstick, she hears movement from inside. Soon the door slides open slightly, and the woman from earlier pokes her head out. She is a middle-aged woman with short cropped hair, and a polo shirt with a logo for Rising Stars Preschool. Apparently the building is a daycare of sorts. "Pamela, is that you? Late ag-oh! Um, how can I help you?" Bullseye rings the bell at the sight of the woman, who tilts her head, a bemused expression evident. "I'm sorry, I...I don't get it. Is this a religious thing? Between the whole punky new-agey thing you have going on, and the bell? Are you from the airport?" The woman shrugs and sort of laughs uncomfortably. Bullseye rings the bell again to make sure. "O...kay. Well, it was very nice talking to you, sweetheart." Suddenly, the sound of a TV clicking on is heard from inside. The woman's expression fades completely, her face going blank as she heads back inside without another word, leaving the door open. Through the crack in the door, Bullseye can hear a distinctly 1980s-esque theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCHQIL869g8#t=4s

As the theme fades out, the unmistakable voice of Bentley Wittman pours out from inside the building.

"Hello, children. I'm Mr. Wizard. Today, we're going to see some exciting new experiments that each and every one of you can do, right in your own home! With me today is my new assistant, Kevin! Say hello, Kevin. And our replacement assistants today will be Catherine, Jaoquin, and Beatrice. You may meet them later, depending on how carefully young Kevin listens. Today, we'll be learning how to split an atom using common household items. Pay attention closely, this information just might guarantee success for the American Empire someday!

TV Studio

Gwen finds the strange introduction of the Dr. Bong show, apparently some sort of Dr. Phil ripoff on crazy juice. She decides to poke her head in on the shot of the studio audience, and discovers that the cheering crowd is surrounded by armed guards on all sides. Fortunately, she has appeared towards the back, and all eyes are up front on the good Doctor himself. Turning her head back to the producer's booth, she sees a hulking man in blue armor carefully monitoring the show. The Controller. He is flanked by two large guards, oblivious to Gwen's presence as he continues to monitor the levels of his control discs that he's interlacing with the audio of the television program.

Sorry ARB, in my exhausted state last night I thought you were going through and setup a potential combat. Splitting the difference now, where you poked your head in but were unseen. You can start some poo poo or go back to the others and relay the intel.

Lager fucked around with this message at May 22, 2018 around 19:06

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

If you ever need the Defenders drawn as ponies or the cast of Doctor Who, I know where to hook you up.

Please don't want those things.


The Dazzling Starband

"I wish he was here, too." Berenice mutters as Gwen vanishes to whatever plot she has cooking. Not even the multiverse could make Howard change the way he was, and Berenice could use another friendly face around. Even if it was to kvetch about Bullseye's performance. Apparently blending in was not one of her skill sets. But the voice coming through the door catches her attention. "They gave The Wingless Wizard a television show? This reality is a hellscape." Starband begins to approach the cracked door, hoping to catch a glimpse of the television and hopefully Wittman's exceedingly gauche facial hair. That'd be good for a laugh.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

[removed for narrative sense?]

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at May 23, 2018 around 14:33

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 1, Stress 0

She frowns, holding Slapstick out to her side so the... woman? could revert back to some sort of humanoid form.

"Huh, well it's definitely more than simple hypnosis... Was worth a shot." She glances at Starband as the woman moved to look at the television inside. "Might wanna be careful there, Sparkle Motion."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

As Starband leans in, she is unable to see the TV itself, but down the hall can clearly see a group of adults staring at something around the corner. She can see colors in the reflections on their glasses that look... fascinating. She moves down the hall before the others can protest, peeking around the corner. Inside, a group of young children sit on the floor, transfixed by the screen. The adults stand around them, watching as Bentley Wittman teaches the youngsters all about mixing chlorine and bleach for an exciting home activity that you certainly don't need to ask permission to try at home.

Imperceptibly to anyone but Starband, the show itself is merely a mask for an incredible neural light show which is taking place on the screen, hidden by the image of Mr. Wizard and his four...well, three now...assistants. The colors dance across the screen, activating parts of the viewers' brains and relaying information and commands. Of course, Starband is unaffected. The colors dance across the screen, activating parts of the viewers' brains and relaying information and commands. Of course, Starband is unaffected. The colors dance across the screen, activating parts of the viewers' brains and relaying information and commands. Of course, Starband is unaffected.......

Starband is getting hit with a hypnosis attack!

@Lager: 2d10+2d8+1d6 = (9+7)+(2+3)+(5) = 26

Which makes this a 16 with a d8 effect for a Mind Laid Bare complication.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

It's not long before Gwenpool pops back in, flipping right side up. "Okay, buddy system, Pete, Spid- um, Green Goblin, I'm gonna go anti-hero on Bong until he gives up his mind control jam and we can let freedom ring. You up for a team-up?", she says, thumbing over her shoulder. "Also we should probably work out a way to communicate, I can find any of you if I need to-"

That's a statement that might be considered to have worrisome implications.

"- but y'know, not exactly vice-versa. I got a little spoiled by near-universal cell-phone coverage in my home dimension. In the meantime, you guys can just go break into the White House, probably?" A slight pause as she looks slightly away in realization. "Wait. It's probably the Purple House now, isn't it? It'd have to be." She looks up. "If it's not the Purple House, tell Killgrave I am deeply disappointed in him."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"AGH!" Peter says in surprise as Gwen just...resumes existing again. Teleport effects were always weird but he was pretty sure hers' was the weirdest he had come across. Erh...probably? It was honestly sort of hard to remember the specifics.

"Totally not Spider-Man. I don't even really know what a Spider-Man is. Like, what sort of things can he even do? But I am up for a team up, especially if it involves punching someone who has the gall to call themselves Bong in the brain a few dozen times." Peter was probably exaggerating. Probably. "Are we doing this in civvies or in our special magic underoos?" He would probably feel more comfortable in the latter but eh, laziness was also good, here.

"As far as comms go, after this I think I can whip us up something. One of the reasons I'd want to take a gander at your spiffy new bracelet. But either way I can figure something out, I bet."

Glancing at the other group, Peter raises an eyebrow. "Just remember, take out the Purple Man at a distance, if you can. I mean, if he's like the Purple Man I fought. I know common hero code means we let the villains monologue but - Not. Him."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 23, 2018 around 02:45

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

If you ever need the Defenders drawn as ponies or the cast of Doctor Who, I know where to hook you up.

Please don't want those things.


The Dazzling Starband

Of course Starband is unaffected.

@Mr Maltose: 3d10+1d4 = (7+7+9)+(3) = 26

16 with a d10 effect ties and therefore beats the television.


Berenice leaves the hypnotized civilians to return to the team. "Now this was interesting. Some really advanced light manipulation going on here, it'd completely bypass the forebrain. Duly noted. Now let's go kill the president."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

"Miiight want to hold off on committing to murder, that's the other team's dealy-o. Sometimes the Tallus isn't perfectly clear. Either way, nobody die until I catch up with you guys.", Gwen says vaguely as she looks to Tallus. "Man, this thread is going to get on so many watchlists."

Offering her hand to Green Goblin, she adds, "Spider-Man does whatever a spider can. Anyway, we can change on the way if you've got a costume. Just, you know, don't freak too much. But- wait- is there a Green Goblin theme song with catchy lyrics?!" A slight pause. "I've been trying to set 'Green Goblin' with you-know-who's theme and it isn't working and this is killing me."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 1, Stress 0

She arches the patched brow, "... what other team? There's another team here?"

She watches Sparkle Motion come out of the home, noting she seemed unaffected by the broadcast. "So Sparkle Motion isn't affected, that's good. We already know Slaphappy can be, and I wouldn't bet on my own ability to resist the hypnosis lights or President Purple's powers. Who else actually has any secret tricks to resisting our opposition's powers? Pinky Brewster, you seem to have a bag of tricks up your spandex, anyone else? Mr Frosty?" She looks to Gwen and Snow, respectively.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"That's rather disconcerting." Patsy noted of Gwen's coming and going. "But she has the right idea. Mister Snow, can you find us the a nearby broadcast center with your cell phone? We need to get cracking. I'm sure if break this network of mind control, it's ringleader will have no choice but to step out of the shadows."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Well yeah I've got one, I'm mostly just wearing it under my suit, here. The rest is in the ol' glider-suitcase." He hefts it and points to it.

"Catchy Goblin tunes? Yeah there's a few, most kind of go in...weird directions, though. But there's this one by this punk outfit Cavaverman? It's pretty good. Here, lemme load it up." He fishes out his cell phone...and gets an idea while he does so.

"Actually, this gives me an idea. Bong's all about hypnosis and whatnot apparently, right? Well, I bet if we have a couple seconds in transit besides the obvious costuming thing, I can jury rig something on my glider to give him a bunch of auditory chaff, kind of bolster our chances to not end up in a cliche fight with each other. Do you think we'd have enough time for that?" He asks Gwen, but doesn't really give her enough time to answer right away before pressing play.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah

"Give me just a moment and I'll see if I can prepare us. Mental control comes in two broad varieties - the kind that affects the brain in a way that makes you want or need to obey, and the kind that takes over your nervous system directly and puppets you. I am almost certain the first is in play here, not the second - certainly this Bong uses sound, the other uses light - but both are trying to manipulate the instincts, thoughts of emotions of everyone involved. And yes, I can track down a broadcast center. Now...ah."

He pulls out his cell phone, tapping a quick app.

"Mister Wilder, can you read me?" Pause. "Excellent. No, do not fix on these coordinates -- the last thing we need is the shiftship appearing in the sky." Pause. "Wobbly? Well, that's good, you wouldn't be able to in time anyway. No, I just need you to patch me through to the Drummer." Pause. "Drums - no, shut up, Drums, I haven't time for pleasantries. The word is 'brainwaves'. I need something that will reinforce and strengthen natural brainwaves to resist mind control." Pause. "Yesterday." Pause. "Do not complain to me, young man, I will kick your rear end by telephone if I have to. Audio works fine, yes, it just needs to be general-spectrum defense. No, nothing fancy about the nerves, just the mind."

He holds the phone up. "Patching you into the local broadcast systems, Drums, that should give you the data you need on how the control's targeting."

A minute or so later, the phone beeps, and another man's voice rings out of it: "There ya go, man. Bee tee dubs, everyone says hi and wants to know what souvenirs you're bringing back. What's the name of the world you're on? Can I name it?"

"You'll get my article when I send it, Drums. And no, you can't name it."

"Too late, I already named it Earth-lovely TV Shows. Seriously the hell are these people watching?"

"Hanging up now, Drums."

"-yeah, yeah, your app is loading on the phone. And I am so tracing your location for the map-"

"Goodbye, Drums." Elijah hangs up. He looks at the phone, then nods. "All right, we're ready."

Team d10, I Need To Know d10, Superhuman Senses d10, Tech Expert d8. Result: 5+9 = 14, d10 effect die to make an Anti-Mind Control App asset. Spending 1 PP to make it longterm.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at May 23, 2018 around 17:13

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

"Another team, another dimension, another mission.", Gwen explains to Bullseye. "We need to talk about the premise when we have more time. And um... I'm not sure. I think the Gutter could mess some mind-control if it's by radio or sound, but if it's like chemical without a signal, then... I dunno." There's a consideration before she says, "You know, I don't think I've ever actually been mind-controlled. I think I just like it way better where you fight other heroes out of a misunderstanding, done that plenty of times. Of course, I was usually comically inept back then and things didn't usually go too well..."

She looks to Green Goblin, listening for a moment as she spaces out, and then catches her thread of thought again. "Oh, yeah, right, Bong does sound stuff, but the Controller's there, too... he usually uses mind control discs. So just don't let him accessorize you." She offers her hand against, shaking it as if to emphasize it. "And we'll have plenty of time for you to juggle your buffs."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 1, Stress 0

"Did you manage to scout out where this Captain Bellend and Mr Creepy Old Murderer are? I mean, what if Purple Man is at the station, too? The last thing we need is these guys teaming up at once... sight, sound, and smell, it'll be hard for even Light Bright over here," she jerks a thumb at Starband, "to resist all three. We need better Intel."

Fuzz fucked around with this message at May 23, 2018 around 18:01

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 1 | XP: 0

Slapstick would have been right in there, a flitatious little comment about what else Gwenpool might be hiding under her spandex.

But she couldn't

Because she was too busy trying to stop her head ringing.

"Ow, ow ow ow ow ow...." She muttered. Attempting to stop her heads vibration too and fro between her hands. If anything she missed nearly the entire conversation going on around her.

"Sorry, what did you call me? Slaphappy?" She asked, non-plussed. "And, wait, we have a code? Why did no one tell me about this?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

As Gwenpool takes Green Goblin's hand, she again disappears from the sight of the rest of the crew, climbing up into...well, nothing. This time, though, she drags Peter along for the ride.

From Peter's perspective, they take a trip into a vast, wide void. Below, he sees an image of the team watching them depart. Beyond, into the white, empty void, he sees other individual images, representing other aspects of their recent adventure. Bentley Wittman and his ridiculous handlebar stache/soul patch combination...Bullseye ringing poor Slapstick's head...And Dr. Bong himself, speaking to his live studio audience. If he's going to prepare anything special for the fight, it would seem that now is the time. Before long, they'll be dropping into the studio for a visit.

-----------------------------------------

Doom Pool roll: @Lager: 3d6 = (6+3+3) = 12, which isn't going to beat Elijah's roll no matter how I futz with the dice. Asset created. Keep in mind you'll have to spend a PP to make it more than a one-and-done!

Snow tinkers and is able to procure data on the relative location, which is not far. It appears that they're looking for the RCA Building at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, which only makes sense. The team heads out to scope out the location. As they exit the alley, they hesitate for a moment to determine the reaction of the other pedestrians. Nothing. A couple that look like tourists even smiles at the assembled crew and waves a bit. It would seem the disguises are working.

The walk to the RCA Building is fairly quick and without incident. However, as they get closer, they notice that Rockefeller Center is enclosed by a rather intimidating fence, with armed guards lining the perimeter. At the main gate, IDs are being checked to ensure that only authorized personnel enter the studios. The team will have to think of a way inside if they wish to stop the children of New York from meeting Mr. Wizard, and gather any additional information on how to stop Purple Man.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

It's like a road of tiny pink-tinted windows, with others floating out in the void. Or comic book pages, if you're a nerd. There's also... something... something more ominous, as if this, too, was only a curtain. "Welcome to the Gutters! Uh, time doesn't move the same here, so you should have time to do whatever.", Gwenpool says casually as she takes off her clothes, her unitard underneath. She walks over, pulling a panel over, and then ducks into it a moment as if to put her clothes away in there before getting her boots out to put on, "sitting" on the edge of a set of panels. "I'm gonna need a bit to figure out where I left my- crud, can't just use a bazooka with the crowd around Bong. Um. Hm. Katana-rama?"

She rubs her chin, and then looks over before spreading her hands wide, as if suddenly realizing the reveal with a grin. "Oh, and you're living inside a comic book. Surprise!"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Woah."

The first ride in through Gwen's teleport was trippy, yeah. But things were a whole new level of strange now that they were lingering in-between, as it were. "You called this...The Gutter, right?"

It wasn't that Peter was intending to be distracted (though of course that's how these things always went), it's just that scientific curiosity was getting the better of him. Just for a second. "What is it, some sort of pocket dimension like the Microverse?" Knowledge was power, as they said. And this could be potentially useful knowledge especially if they were going to go up against Bender or whatever later. Obviously, the suggestion that he lived in a comic book was absurd. But he'd entertain it, for a second. "So...the multiverse is a comic strip? That doesn't really fit with any of the known models but I suppose anything's possible, right? Better than it being a drat holographic simulation, anyway. Are there writers and all that, too? Or is that like, 'God' or whatever?"

He kept talking as he stripped out of his suit, revealing his green armored costume underneath and tapped a button on the underside of his shock gauntlets, which let his glider fold out of suitcase shape and back into it's normal hovering batwings shape. "I only ask because you seem to have a fair amount of knowledge about...everything. It's not that I don't trust you, because well let's be honest none of us really have any reason to trust each other besides we're all stuck in the same circumstance...except maybe Snow who's considering it to be a choice." He says this last bit with both a seen and heard certain amount of a sarcastic smirk.

"But I do trust you as far as that's all concerned, anyway. Anyway, the reason I ask is...I've never seen anything like this, even heard of anything like this." He stoops and collects his hoodie, gloves, and mask from inside the storage compartment on his glider and puts that all back on. "And, I'm on a team with Dr. Strange AND Cloak - I've seen some weird dimensions." He clearly gets to work even as he keeps talking, opening up a slider near the head of his glider to reveal a keyboard and small screen on the back of the latch where he starts typing in code - actually two separate codes, if Gwen could follow the completely ridiculous scripts that Peter was taking down at an incredibly rapid pace.

"And...you remind me a LOT of this girl I liked back in high school, her name was Gwen too, actually. Gwen Stacy though, she was the daughter of the old police captain if I remember correctly. I think mostly because you look like how I'd guess she probably looks or would have looked at your age. I haven't seen her in years though - I wonder how she's doing?" More typing, Gwen realizes, maybe after that last comment but maybe the whole time, that his left hand was slamming the keys a fair bit more heavily than the right - almost like his left hand was mad about something. He pauses with his left hand for a second, and Gwen realizes he's typing one code with one hand each, and clearly not really making many mistakes. Probably a result of the serum matched with his own intellect.

"But, you seem a little confused about my circumstances in particular - I suppose that's sort of flattering. Makes me feel unique. Despite there being other Peter Parkers out there." The left hand resumes typing. The right hand stops. Then the left hand stops again, a few seconds later. He sticks his cell phone into a port on the side of his glider and it makes a happy little "ba-dink" noise as it connects to the glider's systems.

"There we go!" He says a few seconds later, and his left hand snaps it's fingers in frustration. "That other bit's going to be a minute though, but should be good before things get too bad, I think."

Buddy d6, A Monster Hides Within d8, Enhanced Reflexes d10 (Stepped up due to Seething Rage), and Tech Master d10. = (5+7)+(2)+(4) = 18. So that's a 12 with a d8 to create a "Punk Chaff Noise Disruption" asset. I'll spend my PP to make it last the scene.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 24, 2018 around 04:54

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

"It's more like the space between seconds, the gap between moments... the parts of the day you don't remember.", Gwenpool explains. "Where I came from, everything with superheroes was just a comic book. Or a movie. Or a TV show. Or a video game. But mostly comic books. And I was really into them. Of course, now I'm into them, ha ha." She walks around, looking at some of the various panels, and then pulls a duffel bag out of one after a moment, dropping it down to the "ground" and crouching to look through an mini-arsenal that's positively Punisheresque.

"There are authors and artists and letterers and editors. Of course, I can't... really see who's making a book from the inside. There's something different this time, though... but, you know, I'm just starting you at level 1. I'm still figuring out how I can use this reality. It's..." She stands up before holstering a pair of submachineguns. "... not like the ones I'm used to. And I've been a lot of places. Dark Dimensions. Hells. Murderworld. I knew a Dr. Strange, too. Never got around to meeting Cloak, though."

A palmshrug. "But no, I'm not Gwen Stacy, I know, I get that sometimes, but seriously! No hairband! Pink hair! Not d... er, did I mention I actually met a Stacy? But she was from another dimension where she's Spider-Woman. Um, don't spoil that if we go there, ooops. We had pizza, she was pretty cool. I, uh-" There's a slight pause. "We met when I was fighting Green- um, a Green Goblin." She takes a moment to adjust swords on her back. "He was a... pretty big villain where I became a superhero? Nothing personal. I was a big deal villain for a bit, but you know, time travel happened and I got better."

"As for the Gwen in that world- I think one grim revelation for a prep scene is enough. Especially before you fight Dr. Bong! We don't want too much of a tone shift, right?" She grins nervously, shrugging, before twirling about to throw the duffel bag back into a panel. Walking over, she peels up one of the panels off the floor, blowing it up so you can clearly see Bong and the crowd, and offers her hand. "You ready to rumble?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Sure!" He says as he hops up on the glider and the arc reactors powering it start up the hover - Gwen could swear the thing almost sounded happy to be used again for it's intended purpose. He offers his hand in response. "But...why walk when we can fly?" He offers. Clearly there was roughly enough space for two people on this Green Goblin's ride.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a'

"Wow, that sounds really dangerous to fly that thing inside a TV studio." Gwen takes his hand, pulling herself on. "Let's do it!... um... just you know, make sure if you remote control it to hit somebody that you are free and clear and nowhere near the splash zone."

She really is focused on that for some reason.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Slapstick

With the ringing finally gone. Alongside the crazy cutie. Slapstick reached into the space around her. Pulling a coat and hat from somewhere! A pair of cartoony fists followed them. Attempting to take them back. "Hey, it's my turn now!" She said. Battering away at the grasping hands. They retreated. She dressed herself up in it. There was something strange about the cut. The shading. It didn't seem to match the light.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

Looking over the scene at Rockefeller Plaza, Fury has about a dozen ideas for progressing, but none of them involve having a team. Then she remembers what the team can do "Let's say I pilfered a few of those badges; would you be able to make them look appropriate, Miss Blaire?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 1 | XP: 0



quote:

I watched the Dame leave my office and close the door behind her.. Legs that went up to her hips, and hair that was pink as the umbrella in my pinacolada. I hated her to leave, but I loved to see her go. This was a dark city, twisted, dirty. Sick. The filth filled the street and ran through it like rats in the sewers. The stench rising from the gutters in the late afternoon light. Enough to make the bile rise. Like those cartoons in the 1920s that had some really uncomfortable portrayals of black people. I just hope she'd be all right. I ignore the hand holding with the Goose. I pulled the hat down lower over my eyes. The shadow it cast, only giving greater contrast to the shades of twilight that the city existed in. Rotten to the core.

Said Slapstick. Still standing in the alleyway with the others.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

Fury looked over at the... suddenly very relatable form that Slapstick had taken. "Oh, that's a very nice hat. Say, how would you feel about a bit of detective work? And you, Bullseye? How are you at picking pockets? If you can keep a few people occupied for just a moment, Miss Slapstick, the two of us can collect their identification easily, I'd wager."

She watched the crowd for a moment, and then moved swiftly yet casually towards it, with a quick "Follow my lead" not really waiting to see if the others did.

Attempting to make a False Credentials asset by stealing a few IDs from the crowd. Pool is Team d6, Thrill-Seeking Socialite d8, Enhanced Speed d8, and Crime Expert d8. Result is 16 with a d8 effect.

"Excuse me. Pardon me. Oh, what a lovely blouse! Sir, could I bother you for directions?" She wove her way through the crowd, enjoying the small diversions, and plucking ID's from waistbands and lapels. She tried to prioritize people leaving the building, but really she could only guess what the security force would do to anyone who approached without identification. In a few minutes, she'd completed her her task and returned to the team.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at May 25, 2018 around 23:19

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Panel Space

Green Goblin's code seems to be in order, and it seems the best way to make sure is to dive right in. As Gwen climbs on, they prepare to dive down into Dr. Bong's live studio audience and punch him in his stupid, bell-end head.

@Lager: 3d6 = (6+3+4) = 13, so doom pool failed. Asset created! You'll be able to start off the combat, the bookkeeping post (2nd post in the thread) has been updated with the info on who you'll be facing. There are two main mooks, the Controller, a mob of mooks that will act as a swarm, the audience members themselves, and Dr. Bong. Whichever of the two of you wants to go first can take the lead, and remember to pass it to someone for the next action (whether villain or hero!)

30 Rock

Miss Fury seems to have an ID for everyone, and even a couple to spare. Now for the hard part - convincing the guards that this ragtag group of weirdos is who they say they are!

@Lager: 3d6 = (6+4+4) = 14, drat doom pool. Another asset! You'll be up against the armed guards at this facility in a contest of brains. You'll be rolling to try and cause mental stress to the mob of guards, who will be defending against your attempts to convince them that you belong with their superior brainwashed minds. Go ahead and take your first action when ready, team! Whichever one of you responds first can take the first action against the guards! Things like covert specialties, shapeshifting, illusions, any of that will work for trying to cause mental stress and bluff your way past them.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

As Gwen and Goblin fly through the topmost panel, Gwen leans over, tossing something downward-

In the panel below, there's a moment as a hand with a small pink grenade appears appears at the top edge. Adorned with a stenciled version of Gwenpool's white mask, the grenade fries off, spinning through the air as it releases a bright pink knockout gas around the audience.

Then, the two come flying in, Gwenpool hanging on loosely to Green Goblin's shoulder as she stands after on the . "Sup, creepers! It's time for some very special guest stars from another dimension: Gwenpool and Green Goblin!" She reaches for a submachine gun, swinging it to bear on the hosts. "The following program may not be suitable for fascist tools!"

Trying to knock out or hamper the audience with a physical attack: Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d4 + Panel Control d8 + Weapon d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Sup, Babies? 4d6 = 11 with a d10, d8, d8, d6, and d6 effects, 2 opportunities, and 1 PP gained from the distinction.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at May 28, 2018 around 02:12

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

@Lager: 5d6 = (6+6+4+4+2) = 22; 12 with a d6 effect for the mob's defense so they do make it. Go ahead and take a PP, Gwenpool, as I'll be adding a d8 to my doom pool with those 2 opportunities.

The smoke grenade suddenly appears in the scene, causing the entire audience to, as one, hide with their heads under their seats at this unexpected sign of heroic intervention. The movement is so fluid and unanimous it appears perfectly rehearsed. Unfortunately, hiding in this way does tend to give them cover from the smoke that fills the studio. A few audience members near the initial explosion site do seem to pass out, but most of the audience just remains prone, intent on ignoring that superheroes are even a thing.

Meanwhile, the armed guards calmly remove gas masks from their belts and strap them on neatly before leaping into action. They begin darting and weaving, almost as a hive mind, as they dodge Gwenpool's fire and start raining a hail of bullets on the newly arrived hero. In the heat of the moment, it may be easy to miss the fact that Dr. Bong has also turned away from the hero and is hiding his own head under a chair, as has the guest he was speaking with before the interruption.

The mob of thugs is attacking! 3d8 Team, 1d6 Weapon stepped up to 1d8 by Burst, 1d8 Combat Expert...@Lager: 5d8 = (4+3+5+6+6) = 24; I have to remove a six, but they will have a 15 as their total with a d8 effect for stress against Gwenpool. Tagging Green Goblin.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 1 | XP: 0


quote:

30 Rock. A hive of the height of the corporate propaganda machine that was choking this city. Like a snake, wrapped tightly around the common man's mind. Squeezing lightly, but ever ready to coil and squish anyone who decented. This was the stuff that corruption was made of. The big holding all the power, and the little little more then bugs beneath their iron soled shoes. It's their bidding that the filth in the street goes unnoticed. They who declare guilt of innocence. They who suffocate free thought and free will under a chloroform rag of bullshit and lies.

Slapstick P.I. said as she prowled closer to the entrance. The girls following her, her ID clasped tightly in her pocket. So approached with confidence. Flash the ID badge, and said.

quote:

"Open the door guys, I'm late enough as it is, and I don't want to piss of the boss any more then he already is!" I lie smoothly. The slow witted gate guard barely seemed to glance up. His doddering heavy brow wrinkled in confusion."


- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 4:03 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d10+2d8+2d6 Slapstick attempts to fool the guards. (Team d10, Distinction d8, Sorcery d6, shapeshifting d6, Psych speciality d8) = (9)+(8+7)+(5+6) = 35

Spending 1PP to add a dice to my roll

8+7+6 = 21
D10 effect dice

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Woah, okay then!" Ignoring the logistics of why a mind controlled populace would need armed guards for a moment, Peter suddenly arcs the glider away from the hail of bullets as they come raining down on his passenger. Well, raining up anyway.

Peter figured the exposed legs thing about her costume would turn out to be trouble, after all. Still, he figured the whole shooting at superheroes thing wasn't really those people's fault - clearly Kilgrave and his lackies had them programmed for such a response just in case. He hated just in case things. But more importantly, he hated guns! Sure his suit was designed to be bulletproof (among other things) and the Goblin serum had done plenty to make him at least bullet resistant, but when any psycho could get his hands on a rifle and blow people away...it was a vile thing. Still, it couldn't be helped. Reaching into one of his pouches with one hand, The Goblin pulls out a handfull of multicolored marbles and pivots the glider back towards the crowd.

"Didn't like that product folks? Well that's ok because we're not done yet! This next one's an old hit - You know 'em! You love 'em! Pumpkin Bombs!" He announces as he tosses the marbles into the waiting crowd below. They expand outward as they tumble through the air, and it becomes obvious both that A: they've got some sort of glowing gas inside them and B: there's little jack-o-lantern faces etched into the front of them.

As they land, the bombs let out a pre-recorded " ha!ha!ha!" and then a "PAF!" noise as they pop, releasing streams of multicolored gas that quickly expand into plumes. The Goblin seems to have no problem navigating through them but the gas was thick and cloying - perfect for obscuring his flight to any would-be shooters.

ok, Buddy d6, Superhuman Strength d10 (doubled due to Seething Rage), Weapons d10 (stepped up due to Pumpkin Bombs) which also adds a d6, and Combat Expert d8 to create an 'Obscuring' complication for the gun-happy crowd below.

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d6+3d10+1d8 Pumpkin Bombs = (2+1)+(2+8+4)+(5) = 22

Er, edit. Need to add a distinction - Wisecracker at a d8

@LifeGetsWorser: 1d8 adding Wisecracker! = (3) = 3

Eh, no difference.

Equals a 13 with a d10 effect die and one opportunity. I will pass things off to Dr. Bong.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 28, 2018 around 15:37

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Dr. Bong's Studio

@Lager: 4d8 = (6+8+2+4) = 20; so 14 with a d8, they beat the roll and avoid the complication.

The armed goons, gas masks still in place, spread out to try and avoid the smoke and retain a clear line of sight on the heroes flying around the studio. For his part, Doctor Bong continues to hide from the fight, similarly to his guest and the audience members. One of the armed guards in the control booths runs out and approaches Bong, throwing Bong's cape to the side and adjusting a small disk on the villain's back. The other armed guard steps and begins doing the same to audience members.

Dr. Bong passes as he is still cowering. Goon 1 comes out and spends his turn to start activating Dr. Bong's control disk. He tags Goon 2, who comes out and starts working the audience. Next round, Doctor Bong will join the fray officially and Goon 1 will assist Goon 2 with the audience. On the following round if they are not defeated, the audience will join the fray as a 5d6 mob! Goon 2 tags The Controller.

Finally, the hulking form of the Controller lumbers out of the producer's booth. It was not immediately evident before, but now it is obvious that the is a large device attached to his back, with a pipe feeding directly into the back of the villain's skull. Through the clear pipe, a purple viscous goo is visible. His head tilts, as he seemingly listens to a small device in his ear. The Controller speaks to the two heroes, his hand outstretched in a commanding fashion. "Halt, immediately. You will be taken prisoner so that President Killgrave may discuss your grievances directly. Please desist and accept his invitation." At this, the Controller activates the jets on his boots and elevates into the air as he approaches the Goblin Glider. The heroes are far more agile, but it is an enclosed space with limited room to maneuver. Pulling out one of his control disks, Basil lunges for the Green Goblin, judging him to be the controller of the glider and thus the more immediate threat.

@Lager: 2d6+3d8 1d8 Team, 1d8 Sociopathic Genius, 1d6 Flight, 1d6 Mind Control, Chosen Targets SFX, 1d8 Tech Expert = (2+1)+(4+7+5) = 19; Comes out to a 12 with a d8 effect. Tagging Gwenpool to start a new round - remember that if you are unable to take out Goon 1, Dr Bong's reprogramming will be complete and he will begin his own assault on the two of you!

30 Rock

The guards blink and tilt their heads, but the IDs check out. They nod dumbly and step aside, awaiting the next person in line to flash their own IDs.

@Lager: 3d8 Reaction to Slapstick = (8+8+2) = 18 which comes out to 16 with a d8. Slapstick wins the roll! The Goons are reduced to a 1d8 affiliation die, another d10 of stress will win all of you entry to the building. Slapstick, make sure to tag someone to go next!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 1 | XP: 0


Slapstick flows through the door, unchallenged. It was pretty simple really. She even managed not to monologue in her internal glee!

- - -

Tagging Miss Fury!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Gwenpool dives off the glider as she's being shot at, rolling as bullets fire just behind her. "Hey, hey! I'm trying to overthrow your oppressors here!", she says, before diving between the gunning goons. "And I want to add it is technically not my murder if you shoot each other!" But, yes, she's trying to get the brainwashed thugs to just track their shots against each other, expecting them to be less-than-discerning.

Rolling Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d8 + Enhanced Reflexes d8 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8, spending a PP to keep an extra die for a total of 20 with a d10 effect, kicked up to d12 by the extraordinary success. And as long as I have that, I'll spend my second PP to inflict d12 physical stress on the goon squad.

As she does so, though, she looks over to the crowd. "Okay, everybody's down, Bong is down, which means-" Pulling out both sub-machineguns, she then spins, firing recklessly but well above the heads of the crowd and Bong. Which leaves, of course, the two thugs to catch bullets. "Death blossom, dorks!"

Rolling to inflict physical stress on the thugs with Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d4 + Enhanced Reflexes d8 + Weapon d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Sup, Babies! d6, which is 9 with a d8 effect (targeting Goon 2) and 3 opportunities, and grants 1 PP to Gwenpool from the distinction.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 1, Stress 0

Grabbing Danger-Pumpkin's tag because computer difficulty.

She flashes a visitor ID, "I'm on at 5, should be one for the history books." She flashes a wink and the 'V' for victory as she strolls past, not slowing down.

@Fuzz: 1d6 + 1d8 + 1d10 Team + Femme Fatale + Covert Master = (2)+(8)+(10) = 20
So 18 with a D6 effect for "Amused."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

And I'll tag Controller. Also, post is not edit.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 2 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Nuh-uh! Bad touch, bad touch!" Peter shrieks in false alarm as the Controller reaches out for him, putting himself and his glider into a corkscrew as Gwen hops off, trying to angle his metallic ride between himself and the guy with the grubby grabby mind controllery hand parts. "I know you guys all have an excuse, but, once this is solved you're all going to need SO many consent courses! I'd put stock in HR firms if I were you, I bet you'll make a killing!"

ok, so d6 buddy, d4 wisecracker + a PP, d8 enhanced reflexes, subsonic flight, and acrobatics expert.

@LifeGetsWorser: 1d6 + 1d4 + 3d8 dodging the controller = (5)+(2)+(1+3+8) = 19

So that's a 13 with a d8 and 1 opportunity to dodge the Controller so, no thanks, sir!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 03:47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

30 Rock

@Lager: 2d8 = (3+2) = 5, so 5 with a d4 response to Bullseye. She steps up her stress to a d10 (since she got more than 10+ over my reaction roll) and knocks out the second affiliation die! This scene is over, back to transition scenes for you guys as you make your way into the building.

As Bullseye and Slapstick make their way through it becomes obvious that their falsified credentials have done the job. The rest of the Exiles team is able to make it past, entering the large studios at 30 Rockefeller. Inside, the building is teeming with people. The heroes can't help but notice several costumed villains, such as an elderly man with large sharpened letters all over his body and painted on his skin. Finding a directory, they are able to identify that Mr. Wizard's World is in studio 8G, scheduled to be done with filming in just a few minutes. It's just a short elevator trip away before they get to punch Bentley right in the face!

The crew heads to the elevators and finds their way to the studio. The light on the door indicates that the studio is in use and to not open the door, but the team decides to ignore that warning and peeks within. Inside, they can clearly see Bentley, now with only one young assistant left. Aside from the Wizard, the studio is filled with armed guards, including those manning the cameras and sound equipment. It's also evident that there are machines hooked up to the cameras, being monitored by a rather large man who makes constant little adjustments. It seems evident that these machines are what caused the bizarre lightshow that Starband experienced when watching the television back at the daycare center. The man's back is turned to the Exiles, but he wears a large cloak and spats on his shoes. And on his head, some sort of contraption that seems to be feeding purple goo directly into his skull through a wide, clear tube.

Time to start an action scene, if you choose to engage! Any hero can choose to go first, but the enemies will be:

The Mystery Producer
The Wizard
3d8 Mob of Armed Guards

and potentially a few surprise combatants that you can't see from this current vantage point!


Dr Bong Studios

@Lager: 2d8+2d6 Affiliation, Distinction, Kevlar, and Combat Expert reaction to Gwenpool = (3+4)+(2+4) = 13; Comes out to a 8 with a d8 effect, so Goon 2 is hit for d8 Physical stress!

@Lager: 2d8+2d6 Affiliation, Distinction, Kevlar, and Combat Expert reaction to Gwenpool = (8+5)+(1+1) = 15; Goon 1 gets a 13 with a d4 effect, makes it with the reaction roll and avoids stress.

I also want to mention that I did swipe the 3 pps from Gwenpool to add a d8 to the pool and provide her with 1 PP. I also added a d6 for Goblin's opportunity in exchange for 1 PP.


A few of the armed guards that are trying to attack in almost perfect formation wind up focusing far too heavily on bringing down their target, falling for the oldest trick in the book by crossfiring into each other. Apparently it works on robots and mindcontrolled security guards! They slump lifelessly to the ground as Gwenpool races between them. There are still others ready to continue the fight, however. Meanwhile, the armed guard who is trying to adjust the audience members' control disks winds up taking some fire from Gwenpool, though he is wearing body armor which protects him from an outright fatal hit. He continues without a second look to try and reprogram the audience members to join the fray.

The Controller, for his part, has abandoned trying to stick the small disk onto Green Goblin, deciding to pursue a more direct course of action. Charging forward, he attempts to grapple with the Goblin and apply the disk using more brute force this time. He rises up into the air, above the glider, and waits for it to pass by again before slamming down on the device hard, grabbing Peter's arms from behind and trying to force him to land.

@Lager: 1d6+4d8 1d8 Sociopathic Genius, 1d8 Enhanced Strength, 1d6 Mind Control, Chosen Targets SFX, 1d8 Tech Expert = (4)+(3+7+2+3) = 19; Spending a d8 from the doom pool to make it a 14 with a d8 effect to apply a Mind, Body, and Soul Complication on Green Goblin. Tagging Green Goblin!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply