Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 2 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

"Listen, I get I'm pretty, but maybe you didn't hear me, creepo - No means NO!" The Goblin snarls as the Controller invades his glider and gets all grabby again.

Reaction first! Buddy d6, A Monster Hides Within d8, Enhanced Reflexes d10 (Stepped up due to Seething Rage again), Subsonic Flight d8, and Acrobatics Expert d8

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d8 +1d6+1d10 dodging the Controller (again) = (5+1+2)+(1)+(5) = 14

Aaaand the dice hate me. 2 opportunities, a 10 with a d8 is the best I can muster so, Complication away. Also get another d10 for the doom pool from Seething Rage backfiring yet again. grumble grumble.


Something goes snap in the back of the Goblin's head, and another part of his head is having no truck with that, so with a rather inarticulate snarl and a flick of his wrists as his arms are grabbed, the gauntlets flare to life with a sound not unlike a crash cart being charged - and then a rather high voltage of electricity stream out of his arms and into the Controller's.

KNOCK. IT. OFF!" He shouts, grabbing the other man's wrists with his twisted hands and holding him fast there. An electrocuted into submission mind-controller can't offer any commands, now can he?

Ok, so let's electrocute this jerk. 1d6 Buddy, 1d8 A Monster Hides Within, 2d10 Superhuman Strength (Seething Rage again), 1d8 Electrical Blast, and 1d8 Combat Expert

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d8+2d10+1d6 Electrocuting the Controller = (2+2+3)+(1+6)+(4) = 18

Dice still hate me. 1 more opportunity. Spending a PP, make it a 13 with a d8 to inflict some physical stress.

Dr. Bong can go.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 05:17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 1, Stress 0

Seeing the lone kid left, something in her finally snapped. This Purple rear end in a top hat was going to pay.

(Declaring War on Purple Man for 1 XP)

Her hand instinctively dropped to her side as the bow unfolded with a muted SNAP! and she drew an arrow and fired, not bothering to watch it travel as she turned to the others, "I've got the producer, feel free to make the other assholes dead," as she stepped forward and took cover behind one of the many pillars lining the production area.

The arrow, meanwhile, had sang out with a slight whine as it found its mark - the purple tube on the back of the Producer's head.

@Fuzz: d6+d8+d10+2d8+d10 Team, I Always Get my Target, Superhuman Reflexes, Weapon, SFX Trick Shot, Combat Master = (1)+(4)+(10)+(7+5)+(4) = 31
An Opportunity and 3 dice = 16 with a D10 effect of "Disabled"


"You're up, Icecapades!"

Tagging in Elijah Snow.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 05:35

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah

Elijah has been quiet, simply taking note of what's going on, absorbing and memorizing it all for writing and sketching later. He pulls his hands from his jacket pockets, pulling out a small lighter. He opens it up, looks it over, then narrows his eyes.

"How many children did you start with?"

The entire room's temperature drops massively. As it does, Elijah flicks the lighter, tossing it up at the sprinklers, where it explodes into a small fireball, causing them all to immediately go off. Gimmicked tools and weapons are something Planetary has plenty of, even if they keep the big guns well locked away. The water sprays down over the room, starting to coalesce and freeze only and exclusively around the guards and Wizard. (He's left the Producer alone for now on the basis that the others probably want to interrogate him, and mass freezing is less amenable to that.

It is, however, grotesquely unsubtle and a massive display of power.

@morsrattus: d10+d10+d12+2d8+3d6 (Team+Icy Exterior+Heat Subtraction+Weapon+Tech Expert+3d6 Area Attack+d6 Frozen Solid, using Focus to combine 2 d6s into a d8) = (4)+(1)+(3)+(1+5)+(2+1+3) = 20

So that comes out to:

3 opportunities, and a roll of 9, with effect dice of 12 (stepped up), d6, d6, d8, all stepped up.

So: 9, with the instant shutdown on Wizard, and d8, d8, d10 on the mooks with a Frozen Complication.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Dr. Bong Studios

Okay...Doom Pool is growing reeeeeeal fast. Elijah, take 1 PP. Bullseye, take 1 PP. Green Goblin, take 2 PPs.

Do you really want to hurt me, Green Goblin? @Lager: 4d8+1d10 Reaction to Green Goblin (Affiliation+Egomaniac+Tech Expert+Mind, Body, and Soul+Mind Control) = (6+3+7+4)+(6) = 26; comes out to a 13 with a d10 effect. So he gets hit, but the larger effect die steps down the stress to a d6.


As the Green Goblin shouts in rage and grabs at the Controller's wrists, Sandhurst stares his opponent in the eyes and commands the Goblin to cease immediately. "You do not wish me harm, Goblin. Release me at once!" Channeling his cerebral energy, Basil Sandhurst focuses intently on the control disk he's implanted on the hero's neck. The result is difficult to resist, but the Green Goblin's anger is formidable. The attack is successful, though weakened in severity by the battle of wills.

Dr. Bong continues to hide, as the armed guard attending him finishes tinkering with the control disk. It seems it will still take another moment or two for the control disk to reboot. The second armed guard is still reprogramming the disks on the audience members, preparing them to join in the fight. The rest of the guards, still acting as a unit, open fire on the Green Goblin, abandoning their former target of Gwenpool for what they see as easier prey.

@Lager: 4d8 Attack on Green Goblin (2x Affiliation Dice+Combat Expert+Mind, Body, and Soul) = (8+7+7+1) = 23; Comes out to a 15 with a d8 effect for a barrage of physical stress on the Goblin! Tagging Dr. Bong to start a new round, but I'll wait for the Goblin's result.

30 Rock

@Lager: 3d8+1d10 Reaction to Bullseye (Affiliation, Master of Men's Minds, Enhanced Durability, Doom Pool Die) = (7+7+3)+(3) = 20. I don't want my mystery man getting knocked out on the first round, so I'm going to cheap out. I've already spent a d10 to add one to the doom pool. Bullseye - take 1 PP for that, so I can get the die back after the roll. I'll then go ahead and spend a d8 and a d10 from the Doom Pool in order to bring it to a 20 with a d4 effect and beat the attack. But the Doom Pool is leaking pretty badly...

The producer of the Mr. Wizard's World TV show is hit, right in the pipe depositing purple goo into the base of his skull. There is a very loud, very audible, "CLANG" noise as the arrow strikes, cracking the glass but not breaking it. The man lurches forward from the impact, catching himself on a chair to prevent himself from falling entirely. And then the producer turns towards the source of the assault. The man has a long, bushy white beard, and wears an immaculate suit and tie. To any who have faced him in battle on their own worlds, the man is unmistakably an elderly Johann Fennhoff, also known as Doctor Faustus.

@Lager: 4d8 Wizard reaction to Elijah (Affiliation, Criminal Mastermind, Enhanced Durability, Combat Expert) = (3+4+7+3) = 17

@Lager: 4d8 Mob of Goons Reaction to Elijah (3xAffiliation, Combat Expert) = (7+5+1+5) = 18

Wizard and the mob of goons manage to escape the assault by Elijah Snow!


As the ice begins to rain down, Bentley Wittman runs and cowers from the effects backstage, fleeing the scene of his cruel broadcast. The armed guards scatter as well, running out of sight around the corner of the door frame and taking shelter under discarded setpieces. While they are not immobilized, it would seem that they are withdrawing for the moment and may be boxed in.

Lager fucked around with this message at May 30, 2018 around 02:58

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 4 XP: 1 Stress: Physical d8 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

"Ok so, really getting the vibe you guys aren't liking the product catalog, here!" Peter snarks as he's shot at, twisting the glider around while he kept his enemy new friend held behind him. He really wanted to let the Controller go. Wait, that didn't seem right. "Weird how I don't want to electrocute you, huh Mustache? Anyway, how about that hail of bullets thing!? Ah-hahaha!" His head hurt. He wasn't really sure why he was laughing about this either. Was it frustration, or something else?

Ok ok. Buddy d6, d8 A Monster Hides Within, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (doubling for Seething Rage rather than stepping up, this time), d8 Subsonic Flight, d8 Acrobatics Expert.

@LifeGetsWorser: 5d8+1d6 Dodging gunfire = (2+1+3+7+3)+(3) = 19

Of course. Can't roll above a 10 ever, in the world. So instead 1 opportunity and I'll take a d8 of physical stress too, cuz why not.

Oh also get a free d8 to the Doom Pool for Seething Rage, the worst SFX.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 30, 2018 around 03:49

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Dr. Bong Studios

Take another PP for that opportunity, Goblin! Also taking those d8s for the Doom Pool from Seething Rage. Doom Pool is swelling up again.

Dr. Bong steps towards Gwenpool, ignoring the aerial combat going on between the Green Goblin and...well, everyone, it seems like. "Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right." He calls out, seemingly unable to communicate in anything other than platitudes. Slowly, Dr. Bong lifts the bellend on his forearm and smacks it hard against his massive, brass, mustachioed helmet. "My dad used to say, 'You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.'" Another smack against the bell-like helmet as he steps closer, the sonic waves slamming into the hero like crashing water. "It's better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else."

Dr. Bong attacks! 1d6 Team, 1d8 For Whom the Bell Tolls, 1d10 Sonic Mastery...@Lager: 1d6+1d8+1d10 = (5)+(7)+(5) = 17; Comes out to a 12 with a d10 effect for physical stress. Don't forget your noise disrupting asset for your reaction to this one!

Passing to Gwenpool.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Gwenpool squints, saying, "You know you're supposed to be a joke even when you're not mind-controlled-", before the sound goes off. Dropping her guns, she covers her ears, and the vibration ripples across her body as she says-

- you can't tell what she's saying because * BONG * is covering up her word panel!

Rolled the reaction with Solo d10 + Careless Daring d8 + Enhanced Reflexes d8 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Punk Chaff Noise Disruption d8, and spending a PP to keep an extra die for a reaction total of 18 with a 1d10 effect, no opportunities.

Then, she reaches out, her gloves starting to shred as if she were trying to grasp ahold of the sonic shockwave. Wait, can she do that?

- POV, Inside the Panel: Gwenpool reaching out towards nothing.

- POV, Outside the Panel: Gwenpool grabbing the SFX word * BONG * with both hands.

With that, she flings the sound effect through the gutterspace, where it lands with a resounding... * BONG * between the fiddling goons. But to those with normal brains, it's... well. She just redirected sound, somehow. And looks pretty rattled by it, shaking. "Haahahahahhhha again-n-n. You want me to get real, Bong? You're not even a real doctor!"

Rolling to cause physical stress as an area effect on Goon 1 and Goon 2, spending a PP for Beat the Devil?: Solo d10 + At One With the Genre d4 + Panel Control d8 + Beat the Devil? d10 + Combat Expert d8 + Sup, Babies? d6. Got... 8 with a d6 effect (Goon 1) and a d8 effect (Goon 2), two opportunities. Taking the 1d10 doom die and reducing it to 1d8, and gaining a PP at the end.

And I'll tag Green Goblin.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 4 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

Ow.

Getting shot sort of sucked. But that's what the armored uniform was for, right? Head to toe - that way nobody nicks a vein like how you could totally blow Gwenpool's legs off with a good Pumpkin Bomb, yeah!


...wait, no. Ok, so clearly Peter's mind was being messed with. He wasn't a dummy, he could tell. And, more importantly, deal with it. And the culprit was hitching a ride on his glider.

"Listen I know the glider's some neat tech and all, but I think your mustache is scaring her. I know it's freaking me out!" Peter says as he continues to pump electricity into the Controller from his shock-gauntlets. "You might like Goblin tech, but really I think maybe it's a bit premature for an up close demonstration. So - adios!" He twists his wrists again - upping the voltage, as he swiftly raises one leg and plants his foot into the villain's torso - hard. Hard enough to knock him off the glider and tumbling into the crowd below - followed by contrails of electricity, of course.

"Your mustache sucks, by the way!" He calls after the falling form of the Controller as he tilts the glider for a new approach at the crowd.

Ok, let's roll. Buddy d6, Wisecracker d8, Superhuman Strength d12 (as I am using my Second Wind SFX to move my stress to the doom pool and stepping up the die for the action), Electrical Blast d8, and Combat Expert d8

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d8+1d12+1d6 Electric Donkey Kicking the Controller off the Glider = (8+8+7)+(4)+(1) = 28

I will spend a PP to keep an extra die, so that's a 23 with a d12 effect and one opportunity. Let's stress this doofus! Go ahead, goon mob!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 31, 2018 around 05:14

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Dr. Bong Studios

First off, taking a new d6 for your two opportunities, Gwen. Moving a d8 up to a d10 with Goblin's opportunity. After you two futzing with the Doom Pool dice, I wind up with 1d6, 8(!)d8, 1d10.

@Lager: 2d8+2d6 Goon 1 Reaction (Affiliation, Distinction, Kevlar, Combat Expert) = (7+6)+(2+6) = 21; 13 with a d8 effect, so Goon 1 makes it...

@Lager: 2d8+2d6 Goon 2 Reaction (Affiliation, Distinction, Kevlar, Combat Expert) = (1+2)+(2+3) = 8; Goddamn...Green Goblin has infected me...Goon 2 takes d8 physical stress, stepping him up to a total d10 stress.

@Lager: 4d8+2d10 Controller Reaction (Affiliation, Egomaniac, Enhanced Durability (Uplink), Mind Control (Chosen Targets), Tech Expert, Mind, Body, and Soul) = (6+1+4+3)+(7+8) = 29; Spending a d8 from the Doom Pool to keep Controller afloat by avoiding stepping your stress up to knockout range. 21 with a d8 effect.


One of the armed guards who is working to activate the audience members seems to be far enough away from the weaponized soundwaves that he is unfazed, continuing to work. His comrade, however, is not so lucky and is thrown into the air, impacting the wall hard. He gathers himself, but it's a bit difficult. He seems dazed and confused for the moment, but stumbles back towards the audience members to keep working.

Meanwhile, in the air, the Controller is locked in a battle of minds with the Green Goblin, trying his level best to convince the hero to relax and cede control of his body. "You...will...serve....Or you will DIE" The words are cut off by the Goblin's sudden kick. As Basil is thrown off the glider, he curses the hero before activating his jet boots again to give chase.

The squadron of guards on the ground ignore the Controller's curses as they track the movement of Gwenpool again, opening fire on her as revenge for her assault against their fellow. They move around to try and back her into a corner, being careful to avoid catching each other in their line of fire.

@Lager: 4d8 Mob of Goons attack (2x Affiliation, Combat Expert, Doom Pool die) = (2+4+6+7) = 19; spending a d8 from the pool to make it a 17 with a d8 effect for physical stress. Tagging Controller.

The Controller resumes his chase, trying to slam into the Goblin to knock him off balance. The Controller hopes to stun the hero long enough to increase his control of the Exile by concentrating on the slave disk he's already attached.

"Hear me, and obey. Peace through obedience, little superhero. Strength through loyalty. The Purple Man is your master, now and forever.

Peter hears the Controller's hoarse whispers inside his mind, almost impossible to ignore.

@Lager: 4d8+2d10 Controller Attack (Affiliation, Sociopathic Genius, Enhanced Strength (Uplink), Mind Control (Chosen Targets), Tech Expert, Mind, Body, and Soul) = (5+2+2+3)+(5+3) = 20; Son of a...10 with a d10 effect to increase the complication on Green Goblin. Passing to Goon 2, but waiting for the results of these two attacks.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 5 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

"Listen, I'm flattered you want to involve me in your kinky little whatever, but I'm not into it! Besides, I'm a married man, and my wife's expecting me home as it is...you know how it goes..." Talking through gritted teeth, the Goblin shakes his head as he suddenly jerks his glider to one side, trying to keep the Controller guessing. He could tell his kick took the wind out of the villain's sails, given the way he was favoring one side. All he needed to do was keep him off balance for another moment or two.

It was really hard to resist the urge to just rip his head off here and now, of course. That probably wasn't the mind control, though...

"Your mustache still sucks, by the way!"

Dodgy dodgy. Buddy d6, a Monster Hides Within d8, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (Seething Rage, this is your comeback chance!), Subsonic Flight d8, Acrobatics Expert d8)

@LifeGetsWorser: 5d8+1d6 actually dodge the Controller, this time, yes? = (6+7+3+5+1)+(1) = 23

That's a 13 with a d8 effect and 2 opportunities. Stay outta my head, you weirdo!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 0 | XP: 0


quote:

The audience were mindless. Like ants before the Queen. Worshipping at the feet of their overlords. I feel the rising need for retribution against these tyrants! I- Wow hey, wait!

Slapstick said as a pair of cartoony hands reached through a slash in the air and grabbed her hat and coat. She reached through, attempting to wrest them back.

"Hey! Give that back! I- OW!" She pulled her hand back, a large throbbing lump on her hand.

"Ughh, fine! Time to do it old school!"


PP: 1 | XP: 0



Okay, so everyone was running away. rude. Well, might as well do the old classic and try and punk a Nazi! Pulling a large hammer out of the air around her, Slapstick leaps at Faust, swinging wildly!

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:22 AM
@Arashiofordo3: 3d10+2d8+1d6 Slapstick Team (1d10) Living Cartoon (1d8) (Weapon 1d8 -stepped up to 1d10 via SFX: Hammertime) (making a prop weapon: 1d6 + Effect dice step up) (Superhuman reflexes: 1d10) (SFX Cartoon Physics to reduce one Doom pool dice.) (Acrobatics Expert 1d8) = (1+5+10)+(6+2)+(5) = 29
Arashiofordo3 - Today at 2:23 AM
So after applying SFX, that's 15, with a 1d10 effect die. (wooo :frowning: )

Tagging Faustus

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2018 around 02:38

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

(possibly it is my turn, so here I am!)

"Quickly, we musn't let them escape!" Shouted Fury, dashing after the Wizard, trusting the others could handle the henchmen.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Mr. Wizard's Studio

@Lager: 4d8 Reaction to Slapstick (Affiliation, Master of Men's Minds, Light Control, Tech Expert) = (2+7+2+7) = 18; 14 with a d8. Sooo close. Would've had to max that roll to avoid the damage, though. d10 physical stress to Dr. Faustus.

As Slapstick attacks, Dr. Faustus quickly grabs at a small machine nearby and points it at the incoming...cartoon character. The device begins to emit bright, strobing flashes of color. The device is obviously intended to render targets immobile and prone to suggestion, and it might even work, were Slapstick an even slightly more ordinary person. As it stands, though, the nazi accomplishes only getting this handheld device broken as he is pummeled by the comically oversized hammer. He scrambles away, rushing a small computer terminal and pressing a single key. The studio lights turn towards the Exiles and start flashing, but their strobing and Dr. Faustus's droning voice (when did he even start talking?) are cut short when suddenly, a polished voice cuts through the room with the ease of a practiced orator. "My Fellow Americans..."

Only Slapstick can see the source of the voice, at first. A man with white hair, and purple skin is standing in the studio, hidden from the view of the Exiles on the other side of the doorway. He steps forward, though, revealing himself to the rest of the assembled heroes. "You have strayed from the path, but I know that we can still accomplish many things...many great things together. Look where we were when we started, and look around the world today! Peace and prosperity, all from the wellsprings of my belief in the power of us. Please, I beg of you, return to your homes and stop all this foolishness. But first, kneel." The Purple Man's kind face turns suddenly to a demanding sneer as he orders the Exiles to kneel before him.

Roll is Affiliation, Master of Men's Minds, Enhanced Intellect, Light Control, Area Attack SFX, Focus SFX, Holograms SFX, Psych Master...@Lager: 5d6+2d8+2d10 = (5+6+6+6+3)+(6+2)+(2+7) = 43; Spending a d6 from the Doom Pool to add a third die, it comes out to 18 with a d10 on Slapstick, a d10 on Elijah Snow, a d8 on Bullseye, and a d8 on Starband for an A Word From the President! complication. Passing to Starband.

The Hallways

Miss Fury bolts into the room after The Wizard, paying attention only to her fleeing quarry. He slams through a door in the back of the room, bursting through the backstage hallways as the Exile gives chase behind him. He never makes any aggressive moves towards her, simply focusing on trying to get away. As she chases him through the hallways, every bystander they pass by turns and stares at the wall, ignoring the conflict entirely. Soon enough, the Wizard finds another door and bursts through. Miss Fury follows, and discovers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGpaUv3WJ1o

Vlad Tepes - Dracula himself - standing at a piano, wearing cartoonish makeup and dressed in a top hat and shades as he plays a ridiculous parody of Ray Charles with a group of female backup singers.

Apparently, she has stumbled into another studio, some sort of corny horror-comedy show. The song is interrupted by their entry, and the Wizard is now hiding along with the backup singers in a corner of the room. Dracula is hiding under the piano. There is a small gaggle of guards, not as large as the band she left behind in the Wizard's studio, and another producer.



The man wears a mostly green costume with accents of purple, and a strange headdress that reminds one almost of a cobra. And out of the back of the strange headgear, another pipe of purple fluid leading to a container of the goo on his back, and another earpiece that he listens to intently. The producer is staring into a camera of his own, splicing the image of his own face into the feed from the cameras at high transparency. Viewers watching Dracula making a fool of himself and cracking bad puns about horror movies will be watching the face of Mesmero, without even realizing it. Another hypnotic villain under the President's control, another method of mind-controlling the populace of this forsaken world.

Miss Fury has the first move! You can engage the hostiles in this studio, or run back to your friends!

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2018 around 04:16

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Gwenpool blinks as they sight in on her and start firing away. "Whoa- whoawhoa-", she says, starting to back up, before she just halts in her steps. "Wait." She glares, and takes a breath as the bullets whiz around her, and then points boldly and declaratively. "I know this is the Exiles, but this is still a comic book and I don't get gunned down by nameless goons. That does not happen." She sweats, though, keeping up her confidence in her beliefs. Don't let them see your fear. The fear lets the reader know you're in trouble. She's not in trouble. This is fine. Don't let the reader in- ugh, they're reading this, aren't they, but- just look tough-

- this is fine, things are going to be okay. None of the bullets find their mark, simply landing close enough for her to know that, yes. Fragments of floor and stagework fly up around her. She is being shot at. A lot.

Reaction roll, spending 1 PP for Beat the Devil? and gaining 1 PP back from a distinction - Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d4 + Genre Sense d10 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Beat the Devil? d10 = 18 with a d10 effect and no opportunities, and reducing a d10 in the doom pool to a d8.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 2, Stress: 0, XP: 1

@Fuzz: 1d6 + 1d4 + 1d10 + 1d8 Team d6 + Checkered Past Comp + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Psych Expert D8 = (4)+(3)+(6)+(6) = 19
12 with D6 effect
1PP for Second Chance...
@Fuzz: 1d6 + 1d4 + 1d10 + 1d8 Team d6 + Checkered Past Comp + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Psych Expert D8 = (1)+(2)+(9)+(6) = 18
15 with D4 effect


Flashbacks of labcoats and needles sprang to mind as the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. You are a weapon. She a took a deep breath, her fingers finding the edges of the girder support she had taken cover behind, the cool metal feeling slightly reassuring. You are a weapon. Her hands recoiled as memories of cold lab tables returned. You are a weapon. She tried to catch her breath, clenching her eyes shut.. You are OUR Weapon...

She slowly slid down on one knee, her small form huddled against the girder as she struggled to not begin shaking.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Anyone of sound mind and body ought to do as the ladies said and hit the road." Fury said, removing her pistol and whip from her illusorily concealed belt. "The rest of you had better line up. My dance card is wide open." With a quick crack through the air, she sent the lash out towards the mysterious producer, judging him to be the most immediate threat. The Wizard and Dracula would have to wait their turn.

Making an attack against Mesmero, with my Solo D10, Regular Hellcat distinction d8, Swingline d6, and Combat Expert d8. I'm going to invoke my Focus SFX to combine the 2d8s into a d10. Rolled in chat, and sadly got a 2 8 and 6, so my roll is 14, effect is going to have to be a d4, and that 2 is an opportunity as per my Twice Cursed limit.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at Jun 4, 2018 around 18:28

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 1 | XP: 0

Slapstick paused from her attempts to turn the Doctor into a pancake, to look around at the voice. "Wait- who's Neilllll..."

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 3d10+2d8+1d6 Slapstick resists the mental attack. Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Sorcery D6 + Superhuman Reflexes D10 + Psych Expert D8 = (10+6+1)+(7+1)+(1) = 26

Spending 1 PP to add a dice to the end result

Roll result 23
Effect dice D4
Opportunities: 3

- - -

Slapstick saw the Purple Man, and leapt up in alarm, her facial features buldging out in sudden supprise! Her eyes and ears hovering off of her actual head! The sudden terror was so great that they grew little legs, running on the spot in the air, dust building below their feet until they suddenly shot off in all directions! Scampering away to safety under the stage and behind the curtains!

Slapstick stood frozen for a moment. Eyeless, and earless. She turned slowly back around to Dr Faustus. The last remaining feature of her face, her mouth, stretching into a wide eery grin.

"I~ See~ Yoouuu~!"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2018 around 19:49

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

First things first - Bullseye, Miss Fury, and Slapstick can each take a PP. After taking the various opportunities up for grabs, stepping down the die from Gwenpool (I'm thinking we'll need to take a look at that SFX after this first world - usually an SFX like that steps up the die, not down, but it's my own fault for not reading carefully during recruitment) and stepping up the dice in my doom pool accordingly, we wind up at 4d8, 3d10 for the doom pool at the end of this post.

Dr. Bong's Studio

As Gwenpool manages to escape the brunt of the assault against her, a sudden *CHING* sound can be heard - the sound of metal impacting against the floor of the studio as a small grenade is thrown towards her by one of the Controller's bodyguards. Smoke begins to pour from the small, round projectile, obscuring the area around her and irritating her eyes and throat. If bullets aren't working, it seems the guards have decided to try crowd control methods against little old solitary Gwenpool!

@Lager: 1d6+2d8+1d10 Goon 2 Attack on Gwenpool (Affiliation, Distinction, Weapon, SMOKE, Combat Expert) = (5)+(5+7)+(9) = 26; Giving up a d6 in the doom pool to make this a 21 with a d8 effect for a Smokescreen complication, stepped up to a d10! Tagging Goon 1, followed by a new round, but I will wait for your reaction to this one.

Vladgoolie's Studio

@Lager: 2d8 Mesmero Reaction to Miss Fury (Affiliation, Distinction, and nothing else because he's a chump and you're hitting him in the back) = (3+2) = 5; Comes out to a 10 with a d4 effect, which means you step your effect up to a d6 against him! I'm assuming that you were going for physical stress, and also I'll go ahead and have the couple bodyguards he has with him go next, followed by Mesmero once you post your reaction to these goobers.

Miss Fury's whip lashes out, striking true against her target. The green-skinned man reels in pain, arching his back as he feels the sting of the bullwhip and yelping loudly. He does not seem to be the hardy type, and leans against a nearby chair as he tries to recover. In the meantime, his assembled bodyguards spin towards the intruder, weapons drawn as they fire in unison. A group of brainwashed, jackbooted thugs shooting at her? The more things change, the more they stay the same...

@Lager: 3d8 2d8 Mob of Goons against Miss Fury = (2+7+3) = 12; 10 with a d8 effect for physical stress! Again, Mesmero will go after you've reacted to these bozos.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

If you ever need the Defenders drawn as ponies or the cast of Doctor Who, I know where to hook you up.

Please don't want those things.


Starband
PP: 1 XP: 1

"More light tricks, eh? Fool me once....well, you didn't even fool me once now did you?" Starband shifts the spectrum as the light patterns attempt to open her mind to hypnotic suggestion. Same style as the TV broadcast which is unsurprising considering this was the source of the broadcast. Normally the image would be moving so fast, the effect so subtle, that even Starband would be unable to deflect it unscathed. But she had already dissected the pattern when she opened herself up to the effects back at the daycare. Berenice uses her powers to preemptively disrupt the signal before the light has been processed by her cosmic mind. The attempt fails to cause her any distress.

@Mr Maltose: 4d8 + 2d10 Reaction to Faustus (Affiliation, Distinction, Light Control, Speed, Psych Mastery, Stunt) = (3+7+8+5)+(2+6) = 31
Used a PP to make a stunt about Starband knowing how the hypnosis works already, and spent another to add another die. a 20 with a d10 effect


"Benitar." And it's in her hand. The Benitar, the crystalline blade that was the Starband Expressed As Violence. It hums in the air, excited to engage in its purpose. "I can't deal with any more of these hoary cliches." She pulls the sound of the Purple Man towards her weapon and the Benitar begins to shine. She can't see Faustus as such but a general idea of his location would suffice. The Starband gestures with the Benitar, and a white-hot beam of photons lances out. It's brighter than the sun and twice as beautiful. Perhaps she could have spent more time aiming and less time being flash but in the end Berenice must to herself be true.

@Mr Maltose: 1d12+1d10+2d8+1d6+1d4 Shooting Faustus with a Laser Beam (Affiliation, Distinction for PP, Photon Blast, Dazzled SFX, Weapon, Combat Expert) = (9)+(2)+(1+5)+(5)+(1) = 23
14 with d10 physical stess and a d8 Blinded By The Light complication

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2018 around 11:23

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


2 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

Rolling to dodge bullets, as one does. Solo d10, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me at d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, and Acrobatic Expert d8. Result is 13 with a d10 effect, and an opportunity from Twice Cursed, living up to it's name and intention.

Miss Fury was a pro when it came to avoiding gunfire. She might admit that the costume gives her an edge, but at the moment, nobody could ever see she was wearing one. An aerial cartwheel put her out of the line of fire, costing her only a moment. Surely not enough time for her foe to muster a defense...

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Starband - take a PP! Same for Miss Fury.

The Wizard's Studio

@Lager: 3d8+2d10 Faustus reaction to Starband (Affiliation, Master of Men's Minds, Enhanced Intellect, Focus SFX, Light Control, Tech Expert, Doom Pool Die) = (1+2+6)+(7+9) = 25, so 16 with a d8 effect. Faustus avoids the attack!

As Starband prepares her assault, Faustus relays more commands to his Mind Machines. The lights spin and change, the strobing patterns start causing Starband's sense of depth perception to go on the fritz. Sorting out where Faustus is, and...which Faustus to hit....becomes a feat in itself. The laser beam shoots just past the old nazi, singing his beard but leaving him unharmed otherwise and it completely melts much of the camera and sound equipment in the room. And that's how Mr. Wizard's World went off the air.

Faustus's guardsmen, for their part, open fire on the cosmic diva in retribution for her affront against the producer. While they act in practiced unison, there is very little tactical efficiency to the assault, and the men mostly just stand and fire their weapons. Honestly, they might as well be replaced with turrets.

@Lager: 4d8 Mob of Goons attack (Affiliation x3, Specialty) = (1+6+6+6) = 19; 12 with a d8 effect and an opportunity against Starband if any of you wants to activate it for a stunt. Tagging themselves again, but I'll wait for some of these to resolve...

Vladgoolie's Studio

Mesmero manages to collect himself while his bodyguards open fire. Tilting his head to the side, he listens intently to his earpiece before rising to his full height and extending a hand towards Miss Fury. He lifts his head suddenly, his eyes opened wide as his mutant powers reach out. His arm seems to grow and extend, the snakelike fingers of his outstretched hand reaching straight into her mind as the world around her fades to black. She feels herself being pushed away in her own mind, as Mesmero tries to wrest control from her. "Sssssssurrender, child..." the man hisses.

@Lager: 1d6+2d8+2d10 Mesmero Attack on Miss Fury (Affiliation, Distinction, Psych Master, Hypnosis, Look Into My Eyes SFX) = (5)+(8+4)+(10+8) = 35; 18 with a d10 effect for a Mesmerized Complication. Passing to Miss Fury for the new round.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2018 around 02:50

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah

Rolled a total of 15 with a d4 effect die to resist (6,6,3,1,1 on 3d10 and 2d8), after spending a PP to buy in the extra die so I don't end up with a d12 complication. Team, Icy Exterior, Superhuman Senses, Anti-Mind control App, Mystic Expert.

Even with the app broadcasting, it takes most of Elijah's will not to drop to his knees. This is more direct and potent than he's dealt with, even knowing how it works. He can tell it isn't quite real, but it's not helping. Even going back to his meditative training with Melanctha to fight off the mental blocks placed by the Four isn't working out so well. He's stuck fighting his knees' attempts to drop out beneath him - unsuccessfully, as he drops to one knee, grimacing. It kind of sucks!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

"Ha, you're just making it so I can sneak up and-" Gwen says as she goes for her swords, walking into the smoke. Man, how badass would it be to come out of the smoke with two swords and-

- well, that's not what happens as she stumbles back out into the Gutterspace, coughing up a fit with red eyes as some of the smoke trails after with her passage. "-okay next time *cough* hold your breath, Gwen- ugh-", she mumbles, taking a moment to cough and hack.

Rolling reaction, spending 1 PP to add Intangibility and 1 PP to keep an extra die: Buddy d10 + At One With the Genre d8 + Teleport d8 + Intangibility d12 + Combat Expert d8 = 17 with a d12 effect, so at least stepping that complication back to a d8 instead.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Elijah - take 2 PPs!

Dr. Bong's Studio

As the smoke fills the corner of the room, the second of Controller's bodyguards steps forward. He lifts his weapon and begins to burst fire wildly into the smoke, not as concerned with the quality of his shots as he is with the quantity of them. It would seem their plan has evolved into, "blind the target and then hope you can hit them in the confusion."

@Lager: 5d8 Goon 2 Attack on Gwenpool (Affiliation, Distinction, Complication, Weapon, Combat Expert, Wild Fire SFX) = (7+1+3+1+4) = 16; With the SFX I used it'll be a 14 with a d4 Physical Stress. Wah-wah. Passing to Controller.

The Controller slows his pursuit of the Goblin as he lands. Physical assault on the agile Goblin is proving...ineffective. Instead, it was time to focus his mental energies on the slave disk. He's already affixed the device to the hero - he simply has to reinforce his control of the Goblin. Sweat beads on his brow with the effort of his concentration as he tries his best to expand his control of the flying Exile.

@Lager: 4d8+2d10 Controller Attempt to Step Up Complication (Affiliation, Sociopathic Genius, Enhanced Strength (Uplink), Mind Control (Chosen Targets), Tech Expert, Mind, Body, and Soul) = (7+6+5+6)+(7+4) = 35; Spending a d10 to make it a 20 with a d8. Tagging Dr. Bong next but I'll wait again until these two attacks. This is probably the last round I'll get to run through all my mob's attacks so I'm going all out here!

Mr. Wizard's Studio

The mob of armed guards turn their attention next towards the comedic relief of the Exiles team, opening fire on Slapstick as one as they try their best to protect Dr. Faustus.

@Lager: 4d8 Mob of Goons against Slapstick (Affiliationx3, Specialty) = (2+1+2+7) = 12; 9 with a d8 effect on Slapstick...If you lose this I will reserve the right to laugh at your misfortune. Tagging Faustus but I'll wait until Slapstick and Starband address their attacks.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2018 around 03:12

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

If you ever need the Defenders drawn as ponies or the cast of Doctor Who, I know where to hook you up.

Please don't want those things.


Starband
PP: 1 XP: 1

The Starband mutters a curse as her shot goes wide, but doesn't move from her dominant pose as the mob of goons unleashes gunfire at her. Bullets were no threat to her. Her hand extended, the cosmic song intercepts the projectiles with a shimmering force shield.

@Mr Maltose: 1d12+1d10+3d8 Defense Roll (Durability, Forcefields, Affiliation, Distinction, Acrobatics Expert) = (8)+(4)+(3+4+3) = 22 12 with a d10 effect die.
Going to Spend a PP to Counterattack with my D10


Her aim true, Starband ricochets the ammunition back at her attackers with her photonic shield!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

Peter could feel the thing that The Controller had stuck on him twisting something around. He'd have to get it off, in time. In fact, he had been working the calculations for that the whole time. Well, at least part of him was, the part he didn't frequently like to admit to having.

Peter wasn't clueless about the frankly disturbing side-effect from the overdose on Goblin Serum had caused. Sure the Captain America-esque abilities were great, and coupled with his natural genius and engineering background meant he was the Green Goblin! But it was more than anger. It was a Strange Case, to borrow a term from literature. Not quite a splinter personality but...an urge. A secondary thought process that ran on darker impulses - anger, suspicion, pride - things Norman had taught him to always let go of, things Harry never could let go of, which made his brother Venom - a villain. Quite plainly, that part of him, conscious as it was, was the reason he WAS the hero he was - not just ignoring it but defying it by being selfless, self-effacing, and humble - trying to be the hero he knew his adopted father would be in his place.

When he fought his Kilgrave, fortunately Peter (along with the Beast) were able to avoid being brought under his control. However, that resulted in Peter not knowing just how...unwilling that splinter, that shard of Goblin ego...was to share. So while Peter had been struggling to fend off the Controller's mental attack, the Goblin had been calculating. It'd take more time to remove the disk entirely but, for now, a properly calculated electrical jolt would disrupt it - at least long enough for the Goblin to finish this ridiculous threat that should have never been a threat. At least he had hurt the man, which clearly was disrupting his focus. But this should never had gone on this far. No matter, it would end, and soon.

It would hurt, probably. But not as much as the beat-down he'd issue to his would-be dominar momentarily.

"I...already told you....Basil," he sneers audibly through his mask, with a voice not quite like Peter's normal sarcastic taunts. "No 'Purple Man' will ever be MY master, nor will an insignificant, broken joke like you!" He clenches his fists as electricity snakes it's way up from his shock-gauntlets to the control disk, and he grits his teeth, chuckling a bit as he does so. "The Green Goblin bows to no one!"

Let's rock!

Buddy d6, A Monster Hides Within d8, The Controller's physical stress d12, Superhuman Stamina 2d10 (doubling up with Seething Rage), Electrical Blast d8, Tech Master d10, and I am spending 2 PP here, 1 to stunt in the Tech Master, and 1 to activate my Genius SFX to step it up to another d10.

@LifeGetsWorser: 1d12+4d10+2d8+1d6 Resisting the Controller's Control. = (1)+(2+1+4+3)+(3+6)+(6) = 26

Sidekick hates me. I swear. I don't know what I did to it.

That totals a 12 with a d10 effect, but I am going to dump the rest of my PP and make it a 21 with a d10 and two opportunities, instead. Take that sidekick.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2018 around 04:24

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


3 PP, 0 XP, no Stress. Mesmerized to >d12

"Oh...!" She was expecting a punch to be thrown, but this was...

If only this had been magic, I'd be able to muster some sort of defense! As is, I defend with a mere d10 Solo, and d8 Nothing Bad ever Happens to Me, roll an 8 and a 2, and that leaves my result at 8 with a d4 effect and an opportunity. So uh... looks like I just got mesmerized past a d12. I'm out of the fight for now.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 0 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Gwen rubs her reddened eyes as she turns about to look at the panel where the gunfire is going off. It'd probably be pretty deadly, if she'd been foolish enough to slip back into realspace right away. "I should probably consider teamwork.", she says, and steps over to a panel where Controller and Green Goblin are having it out. "Wow, Peter, gonna cut yourself on that edge. Wait, hey, what's that color-coded tube on-" She puts her fists on her hips, leaning close to look at the panel. "Huh. That and a remote control earpiece keeps them in line, I bet? Wow, that's... that's... cheatey@", says the hero who's standing outside of reality. "Well, I can't leave him in there forever.", she adds, pondering the best panel to pop back in on.

Meanwhile, a goon fires away at smoke. The smoke is unperturbed.

The reaction of Buddy d10 + At One With the Genre d4 + Teleport d8 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8 only has a 13 with a d10 effect and no opportunities, but that should step back the d4 effect into nonexistence, and then grant her a 1 PP for the distinction.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 1 | XP: 0

Bullets flew through the air, peppering the cartoon form of Slapstick. She almost didn't seem to notice them at first. But as they re-loaded for another salvo, Slapstick turned suddenly. Her blank grin horrifying to behold. The bullets screeched to a holt! Terrified! They turned and fled in any direction they could!


SidekickBOT - Today at 11:04 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d12+1d10+1d8+1d8+1d6 Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Sorcery D6 + Godlike Durability D12 + Menace Expert D8 = (8)+(8)+(1)+(8)+(3) = 28

SFX: Cartoon Physics. You may step back any doom die used in an opposing roll. After the roll, that die returns to the doom pool at its new stepped-back size.

Roll result: 16
Effect Dice: D12

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Spending 2d12 from the Doom Pool to make poo poo hit the fan! The scenes at Dr. Bong's Studio and Vladgoolie's studio are both done! One has ended in the favor of our heroes, one in the villain's favor. Slapstick and Miss Fury, take a PP each if you haven't already for your opportunities.

Vladgoolie's Studio

Mesmero keeps up his hypnotic assault against Miss Fury as she fights back valiantly, doing her absolute best to resist the villain. This mutant manipulator is not even her target - the cowering Wizard is. And she does defeat his assault, just barely. It comes to naught, though, as Mesmero has distracted her long enough for a massive crew of security officers to assemble at the scene, reinforcing Mesmero's bodyguards. She fights valiantly, knocking a number of the guards out before one lands a lucky blow to the side of her head. She remains conscious, but is disoriented long enough for the guards to immobilize her. The world goes dark as Mesmero stares deep into her eyes, willing her to sleep, ending the fight handily.

Undisclosed Location

Miss Fury's eyes open to see a dark room. Her head is sore, evidence of the nasty blow she took earlier at the studio...Was she still there? Was she back at the Nexus? No, the Nexus didn't have plush chairs. Wait, plush chairs? She isn't tied down or restrained, but her legs must have fallen asleep - she can't feel them at all. It's strange, somehow she expected to find herself in a dungeon. Then, suddenly, light fills her vision.

"Ah, so you're awake! I thought I heard something!" An older man stands before her. His suit, his skin, everything is purple - save his silvery hair, cropped short on his head. He holds up a hand to her, grinning smugly. "Now, now, I'm sure you'd love to leap up and attack me, but I'm afraid that won't do at all. So I've turned off your legs for the moment. I can do that, you know. Well of course you know, Patsy." He goes over to a small side table and picks up a decanter, pouring himself a glass of whiskey. "You can't imagine my surprise - little Patsy Walker, suddenly bursting into my television studios and attacking poor old Mesmero. And looking so young! You must tell me your secret! What did you do, sell your soul? No, I'm betting you're not the Patsy I've been looking for at all." He sighs, and signals to some men in purple suits and sunglasses who are standing by the door. They wheel in a small television set and go back to their posts, awaiting further instructions. Patsy can see the telltale bulge of a firearm on their chests.

"You and your friends made quite a splash, but I'm afraid it's all over now. You see, the public has quite forgotten about the whole thing. There was a bit of momentary confusion, but I have quite the little enterprise set up on my little world. Would you like to know how I did it? Hmm? You see, I figured out some time ago that fighting superchumps on their turf was ridiculous. You try to steal some priceless artwork, or knock over a few banks, and the superheroes come crashing in to punch you in the face. But there was one thing that those tights-wearing morons would never threaten - capitalism! I privatized mind control!" He turns his back on her, pulling his shirt collar down to reveal a set of bruises on the back of his neck, as though some sort of large needle had been jammed in. "I started extracting the...goo that makes my powers work. With my healing factor, I could always grow more, after all." He turns back to her, smiling wide in satisfaction with his own cleverness. "Then I started feeding it to them!" He throws a hand out towards a sealed up window in the room as he continues, "I created a soft drink that nobody could stop drinking!

"That was the start, and it was more than enough to start seizing power! Before the heroes figured out that it was me behind 'Purple Fizz' I had most of the country under my thumb! And I enlisted help, too." He cackles with glee, then, spinning around and clapping his hands wildly as he reaches into a drawer nearby, pulling out a small rectangular device. "You see, villains don't like to share - it's just not our style, I'm sure you've noticed. So I decided to force the issue. I went after every mind-controlling schmuck in the business and got them on my side. I got myself elected President-for-Life, and started doing away with all the pitiful heroes around, too. And anybody else that tried to threaten my business?" He presses a button, and the television flashes on. Patsy tries not to watch, knowing from recent experience what the TV is capable of in this world, but it's no good. Her body just won't listen to her.

"Whaddya say we watch a little boob tube, eh? I've got world's only remote control, after all. I'm the only person who can watch whatever I want, whenever I want." Purple Man grins as he flips through the channels. A children's show with puppets talking to the man with letters all over his body that they'd seen at 30 Rock earlier, who is teaching his theoretical audience their alphabet and telling them all about how they have to trust the President because he loves them more than their parents do. "Sugarman Rush," a pastry cooking show with a bizarre, multi-armed man whose face is...well, on his torso. And "Turner D. Century at War," a history show starring a man in clothes that look out of date even to Patsy's tastes, telling the audience all about how much better things were before this godawful century and those awful kids came along.

"Here, this is my favorite part! Watch this!" He settles on Vladgoolie's show again, who is in the middle of another sketch involving three other cast members. Purple Man pulls a phone out of his pocket and smiles as he speaks into it, "Relinquish control over everyone in the world. You are all free for thirty seconds, except for my dear Patsy Walker."

The howling is horrifying, coming from all directions at once. Vladgoolie starts screaming, "Killgrave, you bastard! You shall pay for insulting the master of the night! I will find you!" His guests scream in anguish, suddenly confronted with the horror that they have endured for years now at the hands of the Purple Man. As Dracula rages on the screen, listing off the ways that he will make Zebediah pay, Miss Fury becomes aware that she can hear screaming coming from the hallway, where some of Purple Man's guards are yelling about the people they've been forced to murder. From the window, she can hear indistinct shouts and cries as well. It's difficult to parse individual words, as there are just...so many voices. Soon, one of the guards comes barreling into the room, gun drawn, ready to attack the Purple Man. He never gets the chance, though. The thirty seconds are up. The man holsters his weapon, straightens his jacket, and returns to his post. Dracula returns to the screen, picking up his ridiculous tophat and donning it once more as he continues his bad puns.

The Purple Man is rolling on the floor, laughing himself silly.

You've got a d12 Complication. You can speak to Purple Man, and you can try and fight the control. If he leaves the room, the complication will drop over time and become easier and easier to fight. If you fight it, Purple Man will resist you while he's present. Once he leaves, you'll be rolling against the Doom Pool.

Mr. Wizard's Studio

Several of the guards drop to the ground, unconscious, at Starband's reversal of their assault. Their followup attack on the strange cartoon woman is almost as ineffective. It seems that Faustus and his soldiers are quite outmatched by the Exiles.

Dr. Faustus curses as he presses more buttons on his control board, and the lights begin to flash instantly again, focusing intently on Elijah Snow as they try to further enhance their hypnotic effects on him. He knows he has to get one of these interlopers on his side, and quickly, if he is to protect his master effectively.

@Lager: 3d8+3d10 Dr. Faustus Attacks Elijah Snow (Affiliation, Master of Men's Minds, Enhanced Intellect, Mind Control, Neural Feedback SFX, Focus SFX, Psych Master, A Word From the President!) = (1+7+6)+(6+7+1) = 28; 14 with a d10 effect to step up the existing complication into a d12 Faustus's Puppet Complication. Tagging Elijah Snow for payback!

Dr. Bong's Studio

The smoke clears, and the guards stare into the corner, completely flummoxed by what they see. No Gwenpool. Not even a body. They look to each other, and then begin to look around the room as a unit, trying to find any sign of the hero. They find none. Instead, seemingly out of nowhere, they collapse with a loud *THUNK* as they are hit in the head by a large, round shield. A familiar red, white, and blue costumed hero has arrived to help, and he's brought some backup! Captain America, and three other figures. The first looks like a bearded Nick Fury, but appearing as though he were a reject from the renaissance faire, sword in hand and wearing a doublet and slops, knee-high boots, a cape worn on his shoulders, and a tall hat worn at a jaunty angle atop his head.

The third new arrival is a woman wearing a yellow catsuit with a dark blue mask, graying red hair pouring out from behind the cowl. The final guest is a massive man with brown hair and a bushy beard, wielding a massive golden mace. Together, the four heroes pour into the room, destroying the cameras immediately before they begin knocking out the guards and chasing the civilians away. Captain America calls out to the Green Goblin, "I don't know who you are, but we need to leave, NOW! Killgrave is going to be sending swarms of his subjects to this location any moment now! Where's the woman who was with you?"

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2018 around 21:49

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications:

The Controller hadn't given up yet, which was a problem, but it was a problem The Goblin was going to rectify, now.

He streaked towards the bewildered mook, arms outstretched, crackling with electricity, laser focused upon his quarry.

And then a shield came arcing up in the air, and with a sudden CLANG!, knocked the enemy out of the air and down to the earth, unconscious.

"Huh?"

The Goblin...no, Peter, skidded to a halt in mid-air again, the glider screaming in protest at the sudden breaking, as he was addressed.

That was...Captain America? He had seen the old footage but the Captain in his world had, you know, died after WW2. Peter supposed this world worked a little different.

Obviously, since, the older lady in the catsuit (yellow, though), was also pretty familiar. A Miss Fury for this world, too, it looked like? Whoever the other two were was anybody's guess. Anyway.

"Uh, yeah, sure thing." He aimed downward, towards the foursome that had busted in and busted up the cameras. At Captain Rogers' question, Peter shrugged. "Uh, that's..." ok, that's sort of a complicated question, given what Gwen had told him about how her little trick worked. "She'll catch up, she's uh..." yeah, complicated. "She's a teleporter."

Oh, that wasn't too terribly complicated, after all. Oh yeah. Peter reached up and yanked the control disk off the back of his neck. Stupid thing. He was tempted to crush it in his hands, but instead, an idea occurred to him.

Reverse engineering was a thing! He stuffed the control disk in one of his pouches. "So, it's Captain Rogers, right? That's...well, I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." He spared a glance at the be-yellowed Miss Fury, and smirked. "I'm the Green Goblin - where to?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah Snow
PP: 3

@morsrattus: 3d10+2d8 Team, Icy Exterior, Superhuman Senses, Anti Mind Control App, Mystic Expert = (8+5+9)+(1+6) = 29 - 17 with d10 effect die to resist. This time I'm okay.

Elijah takes a few deep breaths, closing his eyes as Faustus tries to focus in on him. It isn't real. He is real. The universe is real. He pulls to mind the smell of Melanctha's tea, of the feeling of diving within himself. He cannot rise from his kneel, quite, but he doesn't have to. His eyes snap open as the app does its work in reinforcing his brainwaves.

He focuses on Faustus. Blood is leaking out of the wounds from the shattered machine and the strike from the hammer. Elijah isn't, by nature, a killer - he won't freeze Faustus' blood in his veins. But he is happy to pull the heat from the blood that flows out of his wounds and use it as the core for an icy prison to lock the man in place and render him unable to do so much as move.

@morsrattus: 1d12+3d10+2d8+1d6 Team, Icy Exterior, Heat Subtraction, Frozen Solid, Superhuman Senses, Science Expert, Faustus' physical stress = (12)+(5+8+3)+(1+3)+(6) = 38 - 20 and a d12 effect die (due to Frozen Solid stepping up a d10) for a...d12 Frozen Solid complication

Tagging Bullseye.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at Jun 9, 2018 around 16:35

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Mr. Wizard's Studio

Posting a quick reaction - I'll have to do a bigger post when I'm back from my weekend trip that I'll be leaving for soon. @Lager: 3d8+2d10 Faustus Reaction (Affiliation, Master of Men's Minds, Mind Control, Psych Master, A Word From the President!) = (2+5+8)+(2+5) = 22; 13 with a d10 effect. Faustus is down!

Dr. Faustus starts to feel the icy tendrils crawling across his skin and becomes desperate, "No! No, my friend - why would you do this to me? You want to protect me, I understand! Yes, you want to protect me! But this icy shell is the wrong way to -" His pleas are cut off as the ice wraps around his mouth. He is able to breathe through his exposed nostrils, but his mouth is sealed for the moment and his commands are finished.

There are just the goons to worry about now, and they're at 2d8!

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2018 around 02:54

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 3, Stress: 0, XP: 1

@Fuzz: 1d6 + 1d8 + 1d10 + 2d8 + 1d6 + 1d10 Team, Always get target, reflexes, weapon x2 sfx explosive arrow, sfx area attack, combat master = (5)+(2)+(8)+(1+8)+(5)+(4) = 33
Net 16 with a d8 and d10.


YOU ARE A WEAPON.

As Faustus' last words were cut off, her head snaps up from her kneeling position and with a SNAKT! her bow unfolds as she draws, turns, and immediately fires from around the pillar. The flashing red light on the arrowhead leaves a faint trail as it shrieks SKREEEE! through the air and slams into the plywood set directly between the two goons' heads with a loud THUNK! as it embeds itself, splinters sent flying. The light flips green with a CHIRP! as the entire wall explodes outward in a fiery flash, both men taking the blast full in the face as they are peppered with daggery wooden splinters, many in flames.

d8 is SHRAPNEL, d10 is EXPLODED.

Tagging Slapstick.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at Jun 9, 2018 around 23:53

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

"I'm right behind you.", Gwenpool says simply, existing again behind the arriving crew. "Let's see, Captain America, Hellcat, and... the Warriors Two? Wait, no... Warriors Sixteen oh Two? Huh."

"Anyway, no argument on leaving, except... one thing." She strolls past to the mind control apparatus, and eyes it for a moment. "Mmm. If you can just change the frequency, then... I have no idea." And then, she pulls out a pink grenade, toying with it for a moment before popping the pin, tossing it into the now-empty control booth.

Then, she charges away from the booth towards the fivesome, shouting, "Okay! Now we can go!"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


3 (-2) PP, 0 XP, Mesmerized d12

She was reeling, or would be if her body would allow it. This was worse than teleporting! And in front of her, a sick little man with childish aims was parading around in a hell of his own making, imaging himself as the devil. But she could speak.

"Really, how pitiful. All the power in the world over thoughts and actions, but you can't convince anyone to even like you. So you pretend to enjoy being hated. What a legacy. The man who dies, and is universally loathed by all. Not a tear will be shed. Nobody will think fondly of your accomplishments. Because in truth, you've accomplished nothing. Just halted all others from achieving anything. Anything at all. You'll be lucky if they even mark your grave. History's least remembered, petty child." Patsy was attempting to will her limbs to work as she spoke, but it was little use. She could be far more worried about the situation however. This man loved a captive audience almost as much as he loved himself.

"You're a coward and you know it. You can't even be in the same room with me able to act of my own free will. Because while you could make me say or do anything, you can never make me or anyone else feel anything but revulsion for you. Violent revulsion. The kind you're too weak to engage with." Patsy had never given anyone hell, she just told them the truth and they thought that was hell.

So, I'm going for emotional stress on Purple Man, with the old 'conquest to what end?' route, plus some digs at his undeserved sense of self importance. I'm pretty sure he's a sociopath, and an idiot, but it's all I've got.

Spending a Plot Point to add a second distinction, so I've got Solo d10, Thrill-Seeking Socialite d8 to add some catty high society admonishment and Nothing Bad Ever Happens d8 to me for the probable overconfidence she's got in this matter of fact approach. I haven't got anything else to add. Result is 12 with a d8 effect. Edit: with permission, I'm spending another plot point to add my own complication to the roll, just to rub his face in how clearly right I am about him being afraid and not as in control of things as he thinks. My new result is 18, with a d10 effect for emotional stress.

Also! I've actually jumped straight to my 10xp milestone for Black Fury by being captured, if this counts, so I might uh... remember to put psych expert or something on my sheet with that XP. I might also trigger it again when I pummel this man to death.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 13:49

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 2 | XP: 4

Slapstick's grin grew, it grew to the edge of her face.

It kept growing.

Moving past the edges of her face, bigger then any mouth could be. It leapt towards the mod. Biting down on the first one it came too, savaging an arm! It popped off, a bite mark out the side of it! a cartoon bone sticking out of the stump!

"Hehehehe, ever heard, 'biting off more then you can chew?' well... I got a big mouth." the hovering mouth said, spitting out a skeletal hand into the face of another man, who jumped out of his own skin! Literally! He was lucky enough to still be close enough to Slapstick to be affected by her aura, otherwise that could have been highly lethal!

His luck wasn't quite enough to stop Slapstick's mouth latching onto his leg and swinging him around like a ragdoll. The worse he'd get would be a bite missing from his leg, and some canaries flying around his head. But that didn't stop Slapstick silently laughing at his misfortune from the stage. Her impromptu Slenderman impression adding an errie look to it.

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 1d10+3d8+1d4 Team 1d10 + Mean Streak 1d4 (1PP) + Weapon 1d8 + Enhanced strength 1d8 + Acrobatics Expert 1d8 = (7)+(4+1+5)+(1) = 18
1d8 mobs stress = (8) = 8

Roll result: 15
Effect Dice D8
Opportunities: 2
+1PP

1xp — when you say something that shows the mean streak beneath your slapstick façade.
3xp — when you deal physical stress to an opponent using cartoon-inspired methods and dark humor.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 14:03

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Undisclosed Location

@Lager: 2d8+1d10+1d12 Purple Man's reaction (Solo, Abusive Psychopath, Psych Master, Purple Man's Control) = (6+6)+(2)+(6) = 20; 12 with a d12 effect for defense! He steps your attack down, but you step it back up for beating him by more than 5, so he takes a d10 Emotional Stress.

The Purple Man's face contorts in rage at her words. He goes over to a desk on the side of the room and stands with his back to her, leaning against the desk to gather himself.

It doesn't work.

Instead, Killgrave kicks a leg out into the desk, breaking the cheaply Swedish made drawer fronts. Then he throws an arm wide, sending papers and pens flying in every direction. "You think you know me, Patsy? YOU? Do you know who you are, here? A washed up starlet who decided to trade getting high for beating up low-rent crooks! A nobody! Just like all those sad little nobodies out there!" He gestures towards the sealed window again. And me? I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS ANYMORE!" He bolts towards her, shoving his face right into hers. "I'M the big man! I'M the President of the WORLD! Doctor Doom himself kisses my boots - literally! I made him do it, and why? Because it was hilarious!" He is frothing at the mouth now and he shouts, but a wave of calm seems to overtake him as he smiles again and stands back up.

"What show should we put you on, do you think? Wouldn't it be funny to give you your old show? Make you live out mommy dearests fantasies for her little girl all over again? That's right, I know all about your delightful family squabbles. Tell me - where you're from, did you have to deal with mumsy wumsy trying to turn you into the idol of millions?" He contorts his face into a mocking look of faux sympathy, "Did mommy not love you either, Patsy?"

@Lager: 2d8+1d10+1d12 Purple Man vs. Miss Fury for Emotional Stress (Solo, Tell Me Your Secrets, Psych Master, Purple Man's Control) = (7+4)+(5)+(6) = 22; 13 with a d10 to cause Emotional Stress right back at Patsy. You've pissed him off now!

Dr. Bong's Studio

As Gwenpool arrives and the Green Goblin introduces himself, Hellcat scoffs. "Great, we risk coming out of hiding to rescue Deadpool's kid sister and...what, Harry Osborn's little brat?"

Captain America simply gestures towards the two that Gwenpool did not guess. "Sir Nicholas Fury, of Queen Elizabeth's court. Long story." Sir Nicholas nods slightly, glaring at the two Exiles as he judges them, hard. Gesturing towards the large bearded man, Captain America continues, "And the son of Zeus, Hercules." For his part, Hercules looks more than friendly enough, beaming proudly as he looks forward to further battles. He raises a hand to his chest in a sort of salute.

As Gwenpool heads back to the producer's booth, Captain Rogers launches into action, gesturing to Hercules, who lifts his mighty mace high into the air and prepares to bring it down into the ground hard. "I'm afraid we have one more stop to make, and we'd better do it fast! Herc - now!" Hercules bring the mace down onto the studio floor, creating a massive hole. "I think we'd best go down before that grenade does its job!" Captain America, Hercules, Sir Nicholas, and Hellcat drop down to the floor below.

Mr. Wizard's Studio

@Lager: 2d8 Reaction to Slapstick (Team, Specialty) = (8+7) = 15, Heroes win on ties so you finished them off! Good job being horrifying.

As Slapstick finishes her somewhat ghastly work, the last of the guards falls. Only the Exiles remain standing and ready to fight, now. Suddenly, though, the ceiling of the room smashes wide open, as none other than Captain America, Hellcat, Hercules, and...Nick Fury dressed as a Medieval Times waiter?...drop through from above. They instantly set to work destroying the cameras in the room before Captain America steps forward. "Sorry for the sudden entrance, but we'd best get out of here. I couldn't help but notice your work as we were monitoring the broadcast channels. We'd best be leaving before Killgrave's puppets are redirected to swarm this place."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 3, Stress: 0, XP: 1

She rises from her squat and folds up her bow with a SCHIK! as she walks forward, Slapstick finishing her rather disturbing display. "You're... enjoying that way too m-" She's cutoff as the ceiling collapses directly above her, several people dropping down, the debris and rubble all conveniently landing to either side of her as she instinctively draws her bow once again with a SNAKT! and drawing an adamantium arrow in one smooth motion, mere feet from her target as the arrow points at his one good eye barely a centimeter from the point.

FURY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

As Bullseye draws her weapon on Fury, Captain America, Hellcat, and Hercules drop into position to attack, but Fury simply leans into the arrow. "Strike thy arrow true, I beseech thee. I am a stranger in a stranger world than either poet or madman could e'er have dreamed in my time, and as a man I have but failed e'ry task I set forth for mine own self save one. My queen, laid low by the machinations of assassins and brigands - my world may yet live but I shan't know, true. Let thine arrow fly, and end the pain and mis'ry of this old man stands afore thee." The pain in his eye is matched only by the determination and rage.

Lager fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2018 around 03:13

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply