Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Miss Fury gets a PP, and the Doom Pool increases yet again. Purple Ronin is going to disable Enhanced Speed to boost Superheavy Plating, sacrificing speed for toughness.

@Lager: 1d8+3d10+2d12 Red Ronin Defense (Solo x3, Mecha Samurai, Superheavy Plating, System Allocations, Calibration Focus, Energy Shield) = (1)+(1+4+6)+(2+8) = 22

Well...gently caress.

Going to use the Battered But Not Broken SFX to ignore the stress and step Plating back down to a d10 again. So lost speed for nothing.

As Miss Fury begins her assault, Kilgrave frantically pushes buttons and pulls levers as he hides within the control room of the massive mecha. He activates the enhanced armor function of the robot as additional armor plating covers the robot's joints. Its mobility is hampered, but the additional plating would be worth it - in any other situation.

With improbable ease, Miss Fury slashes through the new armor plating, damaging it in such a way that leaves it impossible to retract. The broken armor pieces prevent the robot from moving with anything remotely resembling speed, but now will provide no additional protection. Kilgrave has sacrificed mobility for absolutely no benefit.

Lager fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2018 around 03:09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 0 | XP: 8

There! An opening! Slapstick-Chan regains her footing and thrusts herself forward!

"ULTIMATE LOVE PUNCH CANNON SPECIAL BEAM PUNCH ATTACK SKILL!!!!" She screams still in Japanese. Or at least her terrible version of it.

- - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 6:54 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d12 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick Attacks Asset D12 + Complication D10 + Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Enhanced Strength D8 + Acrobatic Expert D8 = (5)+(5)+(10)+(8)+(5)+(1)+(4) = 38

Roll result: 18
Effect Dice: D12
Opportunities: 1

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: Physical d6, Mental d4 | Complications: Motivated Mind Control d4

Hey. Wait.

"This thing has to have an self-destruct, right, I mean-" Gwenpool puts a hand on her head. "- no, no, let's not blow up our teammates accidentally. Or, uh, purposefully either! Really, no explodey. But how about an eject?" Her head sways back and forth for a moment as she searches the panels of the interior, and then sees the nice sign of yellow-and-black around a plastic lid. "There!", she says, and leans in to try and flip up the release on the button to try and get at it.

Killgrave was distracted, and she didn't want to lean in too far lest she be exposed to the purple personality eater. So let the armflailing contest... begin!

Trying to create an Ejection Distraction complication with Beat the Devil for 1PP, rolling Team d6 + Metafictional Funnybook Fan d8 + Genre Sense d10 + Covert Expert d8 + Beat the Devil d10 + Avengers Assemble d12= 15 with a d10 effect.

Tagging the Purple Ronin.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Oct 15, 2018 around 02:17

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Slapstick gets a PP and I'll add to the doom pool.

@Lager: 1d12+4d10+1d8+1d6 Purple Ronin defense (Solo x3, Mecha Samurai, Superheavy Plating, Calibration Focus, Energy Shield) = (8)+(4+8+1+6)+(1)+(3) = 31; Spending the d6 I just added to the doom pool to make it a 19 with a d10 to defend and avoid stress.

The Purple Ronin steels itself against the continued onslaught of manga-themed insanity, the energy shield straining against the assault but somehow managing to hold. Stark tech, even misappropriated by megalomaniacal world conquerors, packs quite the bunch.

@Lager: 1d12+3d10+1d8+1d6 Purple Man Defense (Solo x3, Imprinted on Pilot, Mind Control, Gwen's Stress, Calibration Focus) = (8)+(1+3+7)+(4)+(6) = 29; 13 with a d12 effect to reduce the complication to a d8.

Inside the cockpit, however, Kilgrave is having a...difficult time. Noticing Gwen's arm reaching towards the eject switch, Purple Man reacts desperately. Grabbing at the arm, he tries to pull his unseen assailant further into the cockpit as he screams, "NO! Hands off! [b]You will not touch my controls!" Hoping that his pheromones take effect on the Exile, he still manages to be more than distracted enough to lose control of the giant robot again, even if only momentarily. Dividing his efforts between the fight outside the robot and the slapfight inside the cockpit in not an easy task.

Narrowing his eyes, the Purple Man decides he's had enough as he flicks more switches. Deactivating the jet-boot capabilities of the robot and disabling flight controls, he redirects additional power to the targeting sensors and prepares for a hail mary. Time to thin the crowd...

The energy shield flicks off, momentarily thrilling the combatants outside. The celebration is short-lived as they realize the robot is not, in fact, out of juice...It's merely redirecting the power. The massive robots hand begins to glow brightly, almost blindingly so, charging with energy. Bringing the fist forward, massive energy beams fly out in multiple directions, tracing the paths of the Exiles and Avengers, even those on the robots own shoulders. Hercules takes the blast full on, but stands firm even in the face of such an assault. Captain America, for his part, is mostly protected by his shield. Hellcat manages to dodge out of the way, using her incredible acrobatic skills that seem to have not been dulled by the passage of time.

Sir Nicholas, however, is not so lucky. The blast hits him square in the chest and he screams in pain, sinking to the ground in a smoking heap, his sword clattering to the ground. The other Avengers lower their heads solemnly before glaring in rage at the gigantic robot.

Time to whip out the big guns...shutting down Energy Shield to convert it into Energy Blast! Bigass attack (Solo x3, Built to Battle Giant Monsters, Elijah's Stress, Area Attack x5, Sensors, System Allocations, Calibration Focus, Energy Blast, Powerblaster Fist) = (9)+(1+6+3+5+1)+(4)+(6+5+1+5+1) = 47...and that's pretty much a wet fart. 15 with a d10 effect to Bullseye, Miss Fury, and Slapstick. D8 to Elijah. D6 to every other hero except Gwenpool, and he's going to knock down the Avengers Assemble asset to a d10!

Elijah's up next to finish out the round.

Lager fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2018 around 16:33

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TG Sanity fund

PP: 3, Stress: 0, XP: 8

@Fuzz: 1d8 + 1d8 +1d10 + 1d10 Dodge dat laser! (Duo + Fatale + Reflexes + Combat Master) = (4)+(4)+(10)+(1) = 19

@Fuzz: 1d8 + 1d8 +1d10 + 1d10 Dodge dat laser! (Duo + Fatale + Reflexes + Combat Master) SECOND CHANCE = (5)+(6)+(2)+(6) = 19

Going with the first roll and spending another PP to add a third die, making it a success, and adding a third and final PP (Emptying me out) to activate DOMINO EFFECT to turn the damage back at the Ronin.

She arches her brows as Miss Fury goes to town, rending armor plating with her bare hands as the reinforced plates clamp down. "Color me impressed. You thinking what I am?" she gestures toward the shoulder joint, "I'm gonna go get in his face."

She moves to swing around to the Ronin's left cheek, glancing down at the battlefield first just in time to see the fist come up.

"Son of a..." she stops short.

Funny thing about fancy computer targeting systems: they often will try to lead a target. In this case, as luck would have it, it did just that, the beam meant for Bullseye instead flying to her left, where she would have been.

Other problem with computer systems: when the user says fire, they fire, even when the shot will hit them in their own face.

The laser slams into the left side of the Ronin's head, drilling through the armor plating as Bullseye hunches back away from the blast, turning to Miss Fury, "... OR MAYBE WE CAN JUST GO IN THAT WAY," she shouts over the screech of shredding armor, jerking a thumb back towards the smoking face.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2018 around 16:53

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 0 | XP: 8

The Beam created a huge explosion and Slapstick-Chan's mecha vanished into the resulting dust cloud.

A moment passes, then another. Surely not! Surely Slapstick-Chan can't be... Can't be-!

"Yari yari! (well well!)" Echoed her voice. The dust cloud suddenly and dramatically parted! A powerful pulsing Energy Shield held in one hand! Barely a scratch on the huge battle machine! "Heh! You'll need to do better then that!"

- - - -

@Arashiofordo3: 1d12 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick defends godlike durability D12 + Asset D10 + Complication D10 + Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Acrobatic Expert D8 = (9)+(10)+(7)+(4)+(2)+(7)+(2) = 41

Roll result: 17
Effect Dice: D12
Opportunities: 0

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"

PP: 1 XP: 4 Stress: Physical d8 Complications:

"I've heard of Spirit Fingers..." The Goblin quips as he arcs his glider into evasive maneuvers, trying to dodge the randomly oncoming laser flashes. "...but this is ridiculous!" Luckily for Peter, Killgrave was clearly shooting blindly. "I mean, I'd be worried about the arc reactor's noise, but...you seem pretty off your game there, Purpy!"

Team d8, Wisecracker d8, using Second Wind to move my d4 Physical Stress and step up my Enhanced Reflexes to a d10, Subsonic Flight d8, Acrobatics Expert d8, and Blinded by the Light d10.

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d10+4d8 Dodging Laserblasts = (3+2)+(2+2+4+1) = 14

Ah. There's Sidekick, the fluke has ended. So that's a...7, with a d10. I could make it a 10...which still steps up, so uh, I'll save the PP. There's another opportunity, too. a D8 physical, then!

Of course, Peter's big mouth tended to get him into trouble, and here was no exception. A stray laser blast smacked him squarely in the back as he was executing a complicated maneuver, and only his enhanced toughness, his suit, and his reflexes kept him (barely) on his glider as he tried to shake the stars out of his eyes. "Okay, okay...your aim isn't THAT off..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

1 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

Undeterred by the armor plates sliding and trying to close against her assault, she nearly loses herself in the task, only noticing the danger of the arcing projectiles when Bullseye shouts. With only a fraction of a second to spare...

----

Evasive maneuvers! Buddy d8, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (doubled with Miraculous Mantle), Acrobatic Expert d8, and Ronin's Blinded by the Light complication d10 (5+5+3+6+2)+(6) = spending my last plot point to by an extra die, for a 16 result with a d10 effect. 1 opportunity.

-1pp, 0 remaining.

----

...she leaps into the air, as the energy blast cuts through the space she had just been standing in, shearing the rough metal edges of the ravaged neck plating, leaving them white hot for an instant. Catching herself on the edge of the armored shoulder by only her clawed toes, she silently thanked whatever strange magic flowed through her robes that they'd been blessed with the powers of a cat. "If he wants to help us breach his own defenses, I'm not going to object." she replies to the angsty archer, as her slightly smoldering cape sways behind her rigidly balanced frame. "We need to follow up quickly before the brute shakes us!"

«9 »