Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Miss Fury gets a PP, and the Doom Pool increases yet again. Purple Ronin is going to disable Enhanced Speed to boost Superheavy Plating, sacrificing speed for toughness.

@Lager: 1d8+3d10+2d12 Red Ronin Defense (Solo x3, Mecha Samurai, Superheavy Plating, System Allocations, Calibration Focus, Energy Shield) = (1)+(1+4+6)+(2+8) = 22

Well...gently caress.

Going to use the Battered But Not Broken SFX to ignore the stress and step Plating back down to a d10 again. So lost speed for nothing.


As Miss Fury begins her assault, Kilgrave frantically pushes buttons and pulls levers as he hides within the control room of the massive mecha. He activates the enhanced armor function of the robot as additional armor plating covers the robot's joints. Its mobility is hampered, but the additional plating would be worth it - in any other situation.

With improbable ease, Miss Fury slashes through the new armor plating, damaging it in such a way that leaves it impossible to retract. The broken armor pieces prevent the robot from moving with anything remotely resembling speed, but now will provide no additional protection. Kilgrave has sacrificed mobility for absolutely no benefit.

Lager fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2018 around 03:09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 0 | XP: 8



There! An opening! Slapstick-Chan regains her footing and thrusts herself forward!

"ULTIMATE LOVE PUNCH CANNON SPECIAL BEAM PUNCH ATTACK SKILL!!!!" She screams still in Japanese. Or at least her terrible version of it.


- - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 6:54 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d12 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick Attacks Asset D12 + Complication D10 + Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Enhanced Strength D8 + Acrobatic Expert D8 = (5)+(5)+(10)+(8)+(5)+(1)+(4) = 38

Roll result: 18
Effect Dice: D12
Opportunities: 1

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: Physical d6, Mental d4 | Complications: Motivated Mind Control d4

Hey. Wait.

"This thing has to have an self-destruct, right, I mean-" Gwenpool puts a hand on her head. "- no, no, let's not blow up our teammates accidentally. Or, uh, purposefully either! Really, no explodey. But how about an eject?" Her head sways back and forth for a moment as she searches the panels of the interior, and then sees the nice sign of yellow-and-black around a plastic lid. "There!", she says, and leans in to try and flip up the release on the button to try and get at it.

Killgrave was distracted, and she didn't want to lean in too far lest she be exposed to the purple personality eater. So let the armflailing contest... begin!

Trying to create an Ejection Distraction complication with Beat the Devil for 1PP, rolling Team d6 + Metafictional Funnybook Fan d8 + Genre Sense d10 + Covert Expert d8 + Beat the Devil d10 + Avengers Assemble d12= 15 with a d10 effect.

Tagging the Purple Ronin.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Oct 15, 2018 around 02:17

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Slapstick gets a PP and I'll add to the doom pool.

@Lager: 1d12+4d10+1d8+1d6 Purple Ronin defense (Solo x3, Mecha Samurai, Superheavy Plating, Calibration Focus, Energy Shield) = (8)+(4+8+1+6)+(1)+(3) = 31; Spending the d6 I just added to the doom pool to make it a 19 with a d10 to defend and avoid stress.


The Purple Ronin steels itself against the continued onslaught of manga-themed insanity, the energy shield straining against the assault but somehow managing to hold. Stark tech, even misappropriated by megalomaniacal world conquerors, packs quite the bunch.

@Lager: 1d12+3d10+1d8+1d6 Purple Man Defense (Solo x3, Imprinted on Pilot, Mind Control, Gwen's Stress, Calibration Focus) = (8)+(1+3+7)+(4)+(6) = 29; 13 with a d12 effect to reduce the complication to a d8.

Inside the cockpit, however, Kilgrave is having a...difficult time. Noticing Gwen's arm reaching towards the eject switch, Purple Man reacts desperately. Grabbing at the arm, he tries to pull his unseen assailant further into the cockpit as he screams, "NO! Hands off! [b]You will not touch my controls!" Hoping that his pheromones take effect on the Exile, he still manages to be more than distracted enough to lose control of the giant robot again, even if only momentarily. Dividing his efforts between the fight outside the robot and the slapfight inside the cockpit in not an easy task.

Narrowing his eyes, the Purple Man decides he's had enough as he flicks more switches. Deactivating the jet-boot capabilities of the robot and disabling flight controls, he redirects additional power to the targeting sensors and prepares for a hail mary. Time to thin the crowd...

The energy shield flicks off, momentarily thrilling the combatants outside. The celebration is short-lived as they realize the robot is not, in fact, out of juice...It's merely redirecting the power. The massive robots hand begins to glow brightly, almost blindingly so, charging with energy. Bringing the fist forward, massive energy beams fly out in multiple directions, tracing the paths of the Exiles and Avengers, even those on the robots own shoulders. Hercules takes the blast full on, but stands firm even in the face of such an assault. Captain America, for his part, is mostly protected by his shield. Hellcat manages to dodge out of the way, using her incredible acrobatic skills that seem to have not been dulled by the passage of time.

Sir Nicholas, however, is not so lucky. The blast hits him square in the chest and he screams in pain, sinking to the ground in a smoking heap, his sword clattering to the ground. The other Avengers lower their heads solemnly before glaring in rage at the gigantic robot.

Time to whip out the big guns...shutting down Energy Shield to convert it into Energy Blast! Bigass attack (Solo x3, Built to Battle Giant Monsters, Elijah's Stress, Area Attack x5, Sensors, System Allocations, Calibration Focus, Energy Blast, Powerblaster Fist) = (9)+(1+6+3+5+1)+(4)+(6+5+1+5+1) = 47...and that's pretty much a wet fart. 15 with a d10 effect to Bullseye, Miss Fury, and Slapstick. D8 to Elijah. D6 to every other hero except Gwenpool, and he's going to knock down the Avengers Assemble asset to a d10!

Elijah's up next to finish out the round.

Lager fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2018 around 16:33

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 3, Stress: 0, XP: 8

@Fuzz: 1d8 + 1d8 +1d10 + 1d10 Dodge dat laser! (Duo + Fatale + Reflexes + Combat Master) = (4)+(4)+(10)+(1) = 19

@Fuzz: 1d8 + 1d8 +1d10 + 1d10 Dodge dat laser! (Duo + Fatale + Reflexes + Combat Master) SECOND CHANCE = (5)+(6)+(2)+(6) = 19

Going with the first roll and spending another PP to add a third die, making it a success, and adding a third and final PP (Emptying me out) to activate DOMINO EFFECT to turn the damage back at the Ronin.


She arches her brows as Miss Fury goes to town, rending armor plating with her bare hands as the reinforced plates clamp down. "Color me impressed. You thinking what I am?" she gestures toward the shoulder joint, "I'm gonna go get in his face."

She moves to swing around to the Ronin's left cheek, glancing down at the battlefield first just in time to see the fist come up.

"Son of a..." she stops short.

Funny thing about fancy computer targeting systems: they often will try to lead a target. In this case, as luck would have it, it did just that, the beam meant for Bullseye instead flying to her left, where she would have been.

Other problem with computer systems: when the user says fire, they fire, even when the shot will hit them in their own face.

The laser slams into the left side of the Ronin's head, drilling through the armor plating as Bullseye hunches back away from the blast, turning to Miss Fury, "... OR MAYBE WE CAN JUST GO IN THAT WAY," she shouts over the screech of shredding armor, jerking a thumb back towards the smoking face.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2018 around 16:53

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 0 | XP: 8



The Beam created a huge explosion and Slapstick-Chan's mecha vanished into the resulting dust cloud.

A moment passes, then another. Surely not! Surely Slapstick-Chan can't be... Can't be-!

"Yari yari! (well well!)" Echoed her voice. The dust cloud suddenly and dramatically parted! A powerful pulsing Energy Shield held in one hand! Barely a scratch on the huge battle machine! "Heh! You'll need to do better then that!"



- - - -

@Arashiofordo3: 1d12 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick defends godlike durability D12 + Asset D10 + Complication D10 + Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Acrobatic Expert D8 = (9)+(10)+(7)+(4)+(2)+(7)+(2) = 41

Roll result: 17
Effect Dice: D12
Opportunities: 0

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: The Streets of NY
PP: 1 XP: 4 Stress: Physical d8 Complications:

"I've heard of Spirit Fingers..." The Goblin quips as he arcs his glider into evasive maneuvers, trying to dodge the randomly oncoming laser flashes. "...but this is ridiculous!" Luckily for Peter, Killgrave was clearly shooting blindly. "I mean, I'd be worried about the arc reactor's noise, but...you seem pretty off your game there, Purpy!"


Team d8, Wisecracker d8, using Second Wind to move my d4 Physical Stress and step up my Enhanced Reflexes to a d10, Subsonic Flight d8, Acrobatics Expert d8, and Blinded by the Light d10.

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d10+4d8 Dodging Laserblasts = (3+2)+(2+2+4+1) = 14

Ah. There's Sidekick, the fluke has ended. So that's a...7, with a d10. I could make it a 10...which still steps up, so uh, I'll save the PP. There's another opportunity, too. a D8 physical, then!


Of course, Peter's big mouth tended to get him into trouble, and here was no exception. A stray laser blast smacked him squarely in the back as he was executing a complicated maneuver, and only his enhanced toughness, his suit, and his reflexes kept him (barely) on his glider as he tried to shake the stars out of his eyes. "Okay, okay...your aim isn't THAT off..."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress



Undeterred by the armor plates sliding and trying to close against her assault, she nearly loses herself in the task, only noticing the danger of the arcing projectiles when Bullseye shouts. With only a fraction of a second to spare...

----

Evasive maneuvers! Buddy d8, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (doubled with Miraculous Mantle), Acrobatic Expert d8, and Ronin's Blinded by the Light complication d10 (5+5+3+6+2)+(6) = spending my last plot point to by an extra die, for a 16 result with a d10 effect. 1 opportunity.

-1pp, 0 remaining.

----

...she leaps into the air, as the energy blast cuts through the space she had just been standing in, shearing the rough metal edges of the ravaged neck plating, leaving them white hot for an instant. Catching herself on the edge of the armored shoulder by only her clawed toes, she silently thanked whatever strange magic flowed through her robes that they'd been blessed with the powers of a cat. "If he wants to help us breach his own defenses, I'm not going to object." she replies to the angsty archer, as her slightly smoldering cape sways behind her rigidly balanced frame. "We need to follow up quickly before the brute shakes us!"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah
PP: 1, XP 1, d10 physical stress

@morsrattus: 3d10+3d8 Defense = (6+7+5)+(3+8+4) = 33 - 15 with d10 defense, so I'm fine.

Elijah is more than able to sense the telltale rise in heat that comes with energy gathering, and he very quickly decides the safest place to be is behind Hercules, who appears to be able to handle the blast and more. He's not faster than a laser, but the sensation of heat gives him the time he needs to get away.

"I swear, I'm not sure what's worse, the robot or having to listen to someone butcher language that badly..."

He steps over to the smoking form of Sir Nicholas Fury, kneeling a moment. He shakes his head. "Senseless...well." He turns back to the robot, raising a hand. Ice begins to form across the machine again, as Elijah focuses in on the jammed armor, trying to tear it open even further and cause the machine's joints to burst from the ice filling them.

"Either way, I'm getting tired of this senseless idiocy."

@morsrattus: 4d10+1d12+1d8+1d6 = (7+5+10+8)+(9)+(7)+(4) = 50 - that's a 19 with a d10 effect die, stepped up to d12 by Frozen Solid, to inflict a Busted Joints complication.

Tagging Slapstick.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



PP: 1 | XP: 8



Now! Now was the time to strike!

"Suppaaaaa! Holyyyyyy! Loveeeeee! Punchuuuuuuu!" Slapstick's voice surged forward. Just around the same moment she did. Swinging one massive mecha fist at the Ronin. Trying as hard as she could to bring this bad guy down for good! How else could she spend time with Gwen-Chan? It was all in the name of L-O-V-E <3

- - - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 8:49 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick Attacks Asset D10 + Complication D10 + Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Enhanced Strength D8 + Acrobatic Expert D8 + Purple Ronin Emotional Stress D8 = (3)+(2)+(10)+(3)+(4)+(6)+(6)+(5) = 39

Spending 1 PP to add dice to the total.

Roll result: 10+6+6= 22
Effect Dice: D10
Opportunities: 0

- - - - -

Tagging Goblin

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Oct 30, 2018 around 21:28

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Bullseye and Goblin each get a PP, I'll be spending the opportunities to boost the doom pool's d8 to a d10, and then a d10 to a d12.

@Lager: 1d12+3d10+1d8 Purple Ronin Defense (Solo x3, Mecha Samurai, Super-Heavy Plating, Calibration Focus, Elijah's Stress) = (1)+(1+5+8)+(7) = 22; 15 with a d10. It's tempting to spend some doom pool dice to negate it, since Ronin has an immunity to temperature SFX, but I feel like this fight's going on plenty long, and you guys are going to take him out eventually since he flubbed his big laser blast attack completely. He's down to 2 affiliation dice.

@Lager: 1d12+3d10+1d8+1d6 And now against Slapstick (Solo x2, Mecha Samurai, Super-Heavy Plating, Calibration Focus, Slapstick's Stress, Doom Pool Die) = (10)+(8+5+3)+(8)+(3) = 37; 18 with a d10...Taking a d10 stress, Red Ronin will use the Large Scale Threat Limit to erase that stress by reducing Super-Heavy Plating to a d8. Robot getting all kinds of banged up.


The Purple Man struggles with the controls, focusing on too many assaults at once as the one-two-punch of Elijah Snow and Slapstick proves to be too much for him. From the loudspeakers on the massive robot, Purple Man commands them all to stop this assault on his person, but Starband's performance, still blasting through Electro, manages to drown him out in their minds. The freezing cold and the Anime as all hell punch manage to crack the armor of the Purple Ronin, severely compromising the structural integrity of the robot. The Avengers cheer, pressing the assault alongside their newfound comrades. Captain America allows himself to hope - it might just be almost over...

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: The Streets of NY
PP: 1 XP: 4 Stress: None Complications:

Peter shook off the laser blast - thankful, at least for the moment, for the Goblin Serum enhancing his durability along with the suit cushioning against the impact a bit.

Still packed a wallop though.

No matter. Peter stretched up to his full height as the Glider ascended again, the eyes of his mask staring into the flickering eyes of the Ronin's head.

"That HURT you little..." He snaps, but then catching himself, he exhales, pushing his injuries aside, and then, laughs, watching the eyes.

"AHahahahah...you blinked!" He taunts as he winds up a pitch and throws a bomb (with perfect form, he would be quick to point out) directly into the Ronin's face.

"Keep pushing - you all know the rules by now: doubletap doubletap doubletap!" He offered the assembled Exiles and Avengers below. Celebration was great, but best when it was later - after the Purple Man had been finally vanquished.

Team d8, A Monster Hides d8, Superhuman Strength 2d12 using Seething Rage and moving my stress to the doom pool using Second Wind, Weapons d8, Combat Expert d8, Blinded by the Light d10

@LifeGetsWorser: 4d8+2d12+1d10 Bombing the Ronin's Face = (4+3+8+6)+(10+6)+(1) = 38

That's an 18 with a d12 effect and 1 opportunity to buy, I'll spend a PP and increase the total to a 24 with a d12 though. If I fail, the doom pool gets another d12 so I want to make that count.

Assuming that's a positive hit, let's have Miss Fury close this out.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2018 around 16:45

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

@Lager: 3d10 Defense vs. Goblin (Solo x2, Mecha Samurai, Super-Heavy Plating, Calibration Focus) = (4+5+1) = 10; 9 with a d4...ugh. Welp, that takes out the next affiliation die, and Purps is down to 1! Finish him!!!

Still reeling from the sick combo move that Elijah and Slapstick just carried out, the screens within Purple Man's control room begin to flash out and shatter. Struggling with the controls, he has no ability to defend or dodge as the Green Goblin throws his grenades straight at the head. The armor is practically peeling away now, and one of the robot's arms seems ready to fall off, hanging limply from its side. One more good strike should do it...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


0 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

Patsy clambered her way to the impact zone on the side of the robot's head, like a house cat climbing curtains; viciously, with destructive intent. As the steel plates shuddered from the Goblin's bombs, she dug into the dented and damaged panels and exposed wires. The outer layer was giving. If she could breach it, she could end this... she could kill the Purple Führer, and stop this tyranny.

----
I'm doing everything in the hopes that anything works. Buddy/Regular Hellcat at d10 combined with Focus, Enhanced Strength d10 (Stepped up by Miraculous Mantle), Vehicles Expert d8, Blinded by the Light complication d8 (stepped back by Cat Claws), Cat Claws d6 = (2+5)+(7+4)+(4). That's going to have to be a 12 with a d10 effect, and one opportunity. I have no plot points to spend, so I can't really home run this one. Patsy's had a long day.

Tagging Bullseye, to hopefully knock his block off.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

@Lager: 1d10+2d8 Ronin Defense (Solo, Mecha Samurai, Super-Heavy Plating) = (7)+(1+2) = 10; 9 with a d4, which means Purple Ronin has a d10 of physical stress, and a feather could knock out the last affiliation die and wipe him out! Go go Bullseye!

The exposed layers peel away like wrapping paper as Miss Fury claws her way closer and closer to Killgrave, who is freaking out and screaming expletives at the top of his lungs from inside what was previously his very secure control booth. The plating on this drat robot, even after all this damage, is still incredibly thick, though, and she still can't quite reach him...yet...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 1, Stress: 0, XP: 8

@Fuzz: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d10 Duo, Target, Reflexes, Weapon stepped up (Trick Shot), Combat Master = (7)+(2)+(1)+(1)+(3) = 14
+ 9 from the Avengers 1d10
@Fuzz: 1d10 + 1d10 = (7)+(7) = 14
Making it a 21 with D10 effect and a TRIPLE 7 BABY. JACKPOT!


"Thanks for the opening, GG!" she grins as takes a running leap into the space in front of the robot, crunching down as she hits the front of his glider and kicks off, twisting in the air to draw her bow, taking a bead on the gap Miss Fury had pried open, a big red button visible.

TWANG! flies the arrow, the large boxing glove strapped to the end making a slight FWOOSH! sound as it brushes the edges of the gap, slamming down the button. With a HISSSS of expelled pressure seals, the face and crown of the robot pop off, the whole contraption starting to sag as the ejection mechanism is fired, launching Purple Man directly up towards a waiting ally...

"... Jackpot," she smirks.

She winks at the woman still clinging to the side of the robot's head, their quarry now easily within her reach, "All yours, Catfight!"

Fuzz fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2018 around 03:16

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

@Lager: 1d10+2d8 Ronin's reaction to Bullseye = (6)+(1+4) = 11; 10 with a d4, Purple Ronin's definitely down!

Bullseye gets 2 PP, but it won't matter for long - it's about to be the end of Act I, after all!!


Purple Man shouts in rage, barking an order at Bullseye, "DON'T TOU-" but is cut short by the sudden slam of the ejector seat throwing him helplessly into the air as the massive robot tumbles to the ground below, smashing a good portion of the buildings nearby and dozens of vehicles as well. A litany of swear words erupts from the President, as he is launched towards his now inevitable fate...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


0 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

The world seemed to stand still in the shadow of the collapsed war machine, as post-battle scenes often do. Dust settles, rubble crumbles, and hearts, still racing, give their owners just a moment to soak up the aftermath.

Patsy had grabbed hold of the ejecting cockpit, and clung tenaciously to it as it crashed down to the street below. She could hear it's frantic occupant struggle to get free, cursing above and below his breath. No sooner had he emerged from the useless shell, the Purple Man found a gloved hand wrapped around his throat, shoving him harshly back against the wall of the escape pod.

With her hand placed around his windpipe, and with an implacable look on her face, eyes narrowed behind the whites of her cowl, she asked him "Any last words?" Her grip softened for an instant, to allow him a chance to speak. But she did not give him an instant before slicing his neck with the claw of her thumb, dropping him gasping to the ground, struggling to breathe around the rush of his own evil blood. "You're being uncharacteristically quiet, Mr. Kilgrave. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" she watched the pathetic man slump, struggling to the ground. "Well, give it some time. I'm sure you'll think up a real zinger!" She added, as she turned her back on him, and walked coldly away.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2018 around 04:38

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 2, Stress: 0, XP: 8

After firing her boxing glove arrow, Bullseye had quickly pirouetted in the air to snatch back onto the front of Goblin's glider. She looked down between her feet, watching Miss Fury have her way with Kilgrave, a smile crossing her lips as she dangled several stories above the ground. She looks up, with a grin.

"So... guess that's mission accomplished. Mind helping me up?"

After clambering back aboard the glider proper, she dusts herself off and starts smoothing out her fauxhawk back into her usual look, "so what happens now? Think we get to go home?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Kilgrave glowers at Miss Fury as she shoves him against the rear of his escape pod. "Should've just killed her when I had the chance..." he thinks to himself. He still had his wonderful powers at his disposal - and at this range, with this much adrenaline flowing through his body, surely it would work - even with whatever technological protections they had cooked up with that decrepit old fart Mason. As Patsy loosens her grip, Kilgrave smirks as he quickly begins to speak, "Kill y-" but he never gets more than a syllable out.

Perhaps he should've just tried "Stop"...

As President Purple Man lies slumped on the ground, gasping uselessly for air as his life drains away, the Avengers gather next to their newfound comrades solemnly.

The Tinkerer's Lab

Watching the monitors from Electro's external cameras, Mason stops complaining about Starband's musical stylings long enough to stare intently as Miss Fury grasps Kilgrave. As she taunts him, and then releases his throat, he shouts at her - seemingly forgetting that she cannot hear him through the screen. Then, she ends the fight with a flick of her wrist. The shock of the moment forces him to take a long moment before he lets out a long, slow, raspy breath of relief. "I did it. I outlived that son of a bitch..." He leans back in his chair, taking his glasses off and rubbing his nose. Tears stream down his face, and he begins to laugh - a low, voluminous laughter as he spins in his chair like a child, shouting, "YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS!"

It's over. With Purple Man dead, the control over the populace will fade away naturally. Tinkerer has been recording Starband's performance, as well, to interlace onto all future broadcasts subliminally to prevent any of Kilgrave's mind-control lieutenants from just continuing the same old tricks. Taking his moment to relax, Mason gives Starband the signal to wrap up her song. It's over.

Streets of New York

Hellcat steps forward, placing a hand on her younger self's shoulder. She offers a hug silently, removing her mask to reveal her somber expression.

Captain America goes over to the body of Sir Nicholas Fury and closes the old soldier's eye as he kneels next to his friend. Lowering his head, he is silent for a moment before finally speaking as he stands back up, facing the Exiles. "I don't know how we can thank you. I still don't entirely understand why you're even here, but you have just given us our world back."

He goes to extend his hand to each Exile in turn, thanking them individually. Including the massive robot with the popstar on its chest monitor.

Looking down at the body of the Purple Man, he shakes his head. He would've rather it ended differently, but he's not about to shed tears over a fascist. And it was self-defense as well - Kilgrave was about to use a deadly weapon on Miss Fury after all. His voice.

The Tallus comes to life on Gwen's wrist. "Prepare for warp momentarily..." Apparently they're not going to have a whole lot of time to say their goodbyes.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


0 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

Patsy enthusiastically returned her counterparts unmasked embrace, and gave the Captain a quick salute in turn. "It's... well it's a shame we can't stay and chat, I suppose. I know the work here is far from over, but... well, I'm sure it's in good hands. Take care of yourself, Patsy. Captain. Take care of your world." Replacing her mask, she walked back toward her strange new partners, and tried to prepare herself for another strange journey.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah Snow

Elijah presses a Planetary business card into Captain America's hand after the shake. "My people will be by after us. Keep this - it'll help them find you." He glances over at the Tallus. "Ask for the Drummer. He'll get you any help you need." After all, Elijah doesn't think he'll have time to explain things.

"It's a strange world, Captain, Ms. Hellcat. Keep it that way. As for home - I doubt it. We've got a whole snowflake of worlds out there, there can't be just one in trouble."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: The Streets of NY
PP: 1 XP: 4 Stress: None Complications:

Peter lowers his glider to the ground as Ms. Fury does the deed - a frown under his mask.

He definitely had no qualms about offing the Purple Man if it came to it. Heck, he did it in his own world. And given what Patsy had endured AND where she came from, he had no doubt it was justified.

It just didn't really make it easier - and Sir Nicholas' death didn't help that any. He hops off his ride as the two teams come together to congratulate and makes a B-Line for Cap.

"Sir." He says, extending a hand to the living legend. "It was an absolute honor meeting you, fighting with you. I know with you here this world will have the absolute best chance at getting back on its feet." He pauses, a beat, then adds a bit quieter. "I'm...sorry about Sir Nicholas - these things are always...wrong." Even in the line of work the various costumed folk gathered here were in.

Changing tacks, Peter tilts his head and looks over his head at Patsy - well, this world's Patsy, anyway - "Make sure Mason stays on the straight and narrow, yeah? And the rest of these clods too." He waves at Herc, clapping a hand on the big guy's shoulder, and then pauses. "Hey uh...before we go...is Starband gonna make it back in time?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Captain America returns the salute to Miss Fury before accepting the business card. He raises an eyebrow slightly, but places it in one of the pouches on his belt anyway as he nods. "We'll accept any help we can get. It's been years that Kilgrave was in control. The emotional toll on the populace is going to be...extraordinarily high." As if on cue, an eerie sound rises in the distance, as the Purple Man's control is fully broken. Screams. Sobs. Wails. Anguish. Perhaps there are cheers mixed in as well, but for most, they are suddenly being confronted with the reality that years of their lives have been lost, and that they will never get them back. People realizing the full terror of actions they were forced to take. The sound of parents who have no idea if their children survived to adulthood, and who have no idea how to even find out. The sound of people who have spent years waiting on the whims of a dictator whose quest for power was more petty and vicious as anything they can imagine. Even the Harpy, who had been flying around and helping Kilgrave before, has flown away in a confused rage.

As the sound dies back down to a distant murmur, Hercules breaks the silence. "This world must be allowed to grieve, aye, but soon we will learn to embrace the freedom you have given to us! There will be mirth in our lives again, so says the Lion of Olympus!" He smiles broadly, and smacks his chest to emphasize the point. He laughs and returns the slap on the shoulder from Peter, perhaps a bit too emphatically. Fortunately, the Goblin serum in Parker's blood makes him more than durable enough to withstand the godly pat on the back.

Captain America, for his part, is touched by Green Goblin's gesture. "I'll do my best to live up to your expectations. Thank you for your kind words about Sir Nicholas as well. In truth, I'm just glad to know there are still Peter Parkers out there in the worlds, fighting the good fight. With you folks out there, I have a feeling a lot of worlds are going to be changed for the better."

T-minus 24 hours to the act break, unless anyone responds with anything particularly pressing that they want to stick around here to accomplish.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855520&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post483602670][/url]
PP: 1 | XP: 8



It was over. Yes. YES! "YataaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAGH!" Her cry of delight quickly turning of a cry of pain. The gundam collapsed. The girl tumbling from the cockpit. The giant machine dissolving into big inky blobs.

Slapstick rolled on the ground. In clear and obvious pain. She managed to crawl up to her hands and knees. Body shaking.

"Yamero! Y-YAMERO!!" She cried. Stop. She begged with herself. But whatever happening would not stop.

She vomited. Thick black ink that sizzles as it hit the floor. The form of Slapstick draining away from the foot end upwards. Crying and begging and trying to hold the ink in. But it could not be denied.

A few short minutes later. A pool of ink sat before her. And Slapstick looked distinctly odd.

For one thing. She looked like an actual human being. A small timid thing. Maybe 17 or 18. Her skin unnaturally pale. Was this... Was this Slapstick?

"U-Ugh." She spat out more ink from her mouth. Shivering from the touch of cold. Her thin clothes seem to crinkle like old paper.

She looked at the party. Uncertain.

"Where am I? Are you-" she didn't finish the question. Her eyes fell on the fallen Fury. "...is he...?" Her eyes misted over. "How awful."

From her feet, a certain cartoonish liquid started to fill in. Like a bottle being filled. Slapstick becoming her usual self. Though how usual that is was clearly up for debate. The girl looked at it with a mute helpless fury. Well aware at how little she could do to stop it.

"Already? But it's so soon... I... I don't want to sleep yet."

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Nov 13, 2018 around 20:38

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

The Avengers watch with great concern as Slapstick begins to melt away. Hellcat runs towards the girl as she appears, but as the ink begins to take hold once more she gasps. "Does she do this a lot, you guys?"

There is no time to answer, however, as the Tallus lights up and begins the teleportation process. Apparently there would be no time for R&R, or even cleanup, on this world. The Exiles steel themselves as they prepare for the disorientation of another jump.

The Tinkerer's Lab

As Starband finishes the performance, preparing to take a rest and bask in the adoration of a freed world, she instead feels a sudden pull on every molecule in her body. She looks to Mason, who seems to sort out what is happening, as he holds up a hand. "Goodbye, you cosmic weirdo, you. And thanks, kid." He pours himself a drink as Starband is sucked away by the distant light of the Tallus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQe1QxHZuWg

ACT II

Unknown Location

The Exiles find themselves appearing in front of a window, staring into the night sky. It's not what they expected, to say the least, and it takes a few moments for them to catch their bearings and realize where they are. The sky is so dark that for a moment they can't figure it out, until they see a planet in the distance. And a star beyond that.

They're in space...

They barely register that Starband is with them (which means that apparently the Tallus isn't working just off proximity...) when a voice suddenly cuts through the confused silence, "Well, bad form showing up unannounced like this, but I suppose it must be forgiven..." The unseen figure calls out to the still-disoriented Exiles from behind. They turn to see a man with an elaborate red coat with gold trim, a lace-ruffed chemise, a sword and pistol on his belt, and black buckled shoes. On his head is a massive wide-brimmed red hat with enormous feathers. He wears a sandy-colored curled wig and has a curled mustache. And on his right arm, a hook for a hand. "The Tallus doesn't exactly give you a lot of options on when you travel. I understand your predicament all too well, I assure you." The stranger raises his left arm to show the Tallus around his own wrist. Then, lifting his arm further, he removes his hat and bows low.

"Pardon my temerity. Captain James Tiberius Hook, formerly of the Federation starship USS Jolly Roger, and currently Pirate Captain of the Starjammer. My crew and I..." He rises back up to height and gestures behind him, revealing a motley crew of comrades behind him. A tortured soul in a black inverness coat and bandages all over his face and hands. Another who seems to be all curls and teeth, with an impossibly long and colorful scarf wrapped around himself several times. A woman in a ridiculously ornate blue and gold costume, with an intimidating looking mace at her side. And an old man in a crimson suit and cape who stares at the newcomers with piercing eyes. "Are the Exiles!"

Lager fucked around with this message at Nov 16, 2018 around 21:34

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: Physical d6, Mental d4 | Complications: Motivated Mind Control d4

Popping out from... within the cockpit, Gwenpool steps around the Purple Man. She looks down to him quietly, and then just does a palms-up shrug to Miss Fury. Well, she doesn't seem too troubled, but to say she looks joyful would be a stretch. But then the Tallus lights, and she doesn't have much more of a chance than to wave over-

*****

- lowering her hand slightly as she looks to the incoming crew. She's still silent as they make a sort of introduction, and then she looks to her half-lowered hand. Well, the Tallus is on that arm. Then, she takes her other arm and points to the Tallus, meaningfully. "*Space* hello! I think you mean a Exiles, though? Pretty sure our name is on the cover. Pretty sure." A slight pause. "Sec.", she adds, and then heads over to Slapstick. "Or sick. One of the two. You alright? At least not alwrong?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah Snow
PP: 1, XP: 1, d8 Physical Stress

Elijah looks out over the stars, allowing himself a brief smile. The night sky has always sat well with him. So much out there, so much time and space to see.

Then he turns, looking around, and nods. "Captain Hook, is it?" He nods. "Worked with someone similar to you before. Elijah Snow." He looks over at Slapstick. "There should be a sickbay here for her, I hope? These ships usually have them. Might I ask what sort of piracy you usually get up to?"

That's important to determine before he starts to be trusting, even if some of the faces are familiar.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Slapstick

"W-Who-" Stephene stares at Gwen. She colours slightly. A little taken aback at having a quite attractive girl paying her such close attention. "W-Who are you...?"

The ink has made it up to her hips. Her legs dancing a little jig. She takes hold of Gwen's shoulders. Her fingers have barely any strength. "Are you a friend...?"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Nov 15, 2018 around 19:34

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 11 XP, d4 Emotional stress, d8 mental stress

"My word," is about the only word Patsy is able to utter. If she had been unprepared for the future, she was overwhelmed by space. If not for the immediate trouble of Slapstick's condition jolting her to her senses, she might have stood, mouth agape, in awe at the cosmos, and the meaning of the dandy captain's words.

But she snapped to attention and found herself by Gwen's side, "is she alright? Is she hurt?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: The Final Frontier!?
PP: 1 XP: 4 Stress: None Complications:

Peter would never get used to teleportation, but at least the Tallus had the good sense to drag his glider along with the rest of the team.

"Uh oh...space..." is his first reaction. The last time he had been to Space, in his own reality, it had been about a big ol' Infinity War (that didn't last that long but it was about the Stones) against some sort of gold jerk named 'The Magus' - just...dragged up there.

Sort of like this whole Exile business, really. Of course, it didn't take long before some pirate...wait...Kirk? Like the TV show? And...was that the Doctor behind him? He was about to say something really witty about it when everyone's attention turned to a rather de-Slapsticked Slapstick. Peter, for his part, peered over Miss Fury and Gwenpool's shoulders at her.

"Huh, it uh...well it looks like she de-powered. You ok over there, toots?"

He had some follow up quips about having to share names with these OTHER Exiles, of course, but that'd have to wait with the uh...off teammate and all. Priorities, priorities.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Slapstick

"Depowered? She must have purged then... Wait, do you know Slapstick?" She stared at you all in turn. The very idea of someone caring about Slapstick seemed to shake her to her core. The ink seemed to slow. As though feeling her mental state.

"I'm unharmed... I think... I don't remember." She looked around the room, marvelling at it. "Why am I in space? Why don't I recognise any of you?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

The Starjammer

Captain Hook looks crestfallen as he sees Slapstick's predicament and the concern of the others. Nodding to Elijah Snow, he agrees, "Of course! This ship has a top-notch sickbay, and a brilliant - albeit unorthodox - physician at your disposal! Come, we will continue our conversation there. He gestures to the old man wearing the crimson suit. "Magneto, you have the conn." The other...Starjammers? Exiles?...escort the team through the halls of the ship towards the sickbay. Captain Hook continues, making introductions now as they walk and gesturing towards Gwenpool, "I'm not sure how long you've been at the game, it sounds from her comments that you weren't necessarily aware that there are other Exile teams out there in the multiverse. Puck put us to work...well, it's hard to track time when you're dimension hopping, but we've visited a few dozen different worlds over my time. As far as I can tell, my team's been at it longer than most. Max Eisenhardt, also called Magneto, was the man we left back on the bridge. He predates my time with this group, and insists that things were very different once upon a time. This man," he gestures then towards the hulking, bandaged man in the tattered coat and hat, "is Dr. Peyton Westlake, also called Darkman - a genius scientist and infiltrator." Darkman grunts and seems to scowl under the bandages, but he doesn't appear to have lips under there which makes the effect seem...muted somehow. Hook gestures to the woman next, "And this is Big Barda, a goddess in her own world and the most valiant warrior in our crew."

The man in the long scarf pipes up then, almost interrupting Hook, though the captain hadn't actually started introducing him yet. "I am The Doctor. You must forgive the Captain - Etonians do rather love the sound of their own voices..." He grins in a cheeky way as Captain Hook preens a bit, seemingly not taking offense. "I ensured that you would arrive here by interrupting your Tallus's travel signature as it passed by this universe, you see. We had to meet."

Hook nods in agreement, "We require your assistance, I'm afraid...But, ah! Here we are! Come in, please, Sikorsky will treat any of you who require it - physically or mentally."

Hook leads the assembled Exiles - both teams - into the sickbay. A strange floating insectoid creature buzzes towards them, humming gently as it hovers in the air. "Ah, captain - I see you bring a patient. Please - bring her to examine." The creature speaks calmly and deliberately, and hovers as if to lead them over to an exam table. "I sense that she is confused. You are the other Exiles, yes? Is she of your team? She is not of the captain's..."

Lager fucked around with this message at Nov 16, 2018 around 22:39

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 2, Stress: 0, XP: 8

She frowns at the bridge as the Talus' transporter effect wears off, the nausea subsiding. Hook, huh? She looked at the group, stopping short when she saw the white haired man... he looked familiar... like someone who had been in the program with her... huh.

She arched a brow at Slapstick's predicament, then shrugged. The toon chick would pull herself together. Or not. Who knew.

As everyone heads for the sickbay, she hangs back, leaning on a convenient railing to take in the view of the stars. She doesn't look away as she addresses the white-haired man on the bridge with her.

"So, do they call you Magnus on your world, too?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Elijah Snow
XP: 2, PP: 1, Physical Stress d8

"Mm. Barda and I are acquainted - worked together in the past on a Planetary op. And I've heard of you, Doctor, but your kind don't exist in my home universe as far as I know - and I've been keeping track of these things." Elijah nods. Barda, at least, is reassuring, even if his question wasn't quite answered. "Puck was your guide, then? Ours was...well, he said his name was Bender and he was the janitor, but frankly, I can't say I trusted him. A fairy trickster would be just as likely. So is this a universe-saving problem, a piracy problem or both?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.


1 PP, 11 XP, d4 Emotional stress, d8 mental stress

"Would any of you doctors happen to specialize in psychiatry? I fear I may need a shrink." Patsy added sarcastically as she took a seat on an empty bed. After the emotional ordeal with Purple Man, and the sudden influx of peculiarity on top of what she'd already experienced... today?... it may not have been a joke. Still, she was surprised not to feel tired, hungry, or in anyway unready to press on, even with a million new questions popping up with every word these assembled champions spoke.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at Nov 16, 2018 around 23:07

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

The Starjammer: Bridge

Magneto raises an eyebrow as he monitors the controls, not looking at Bullseye at all as she speaks. "It seems that is a popular name among my other selves. I've never seen the point in that alias. I am simply Max. Max Eisenhardt, as my parents named me." He speaks with a German accent, but his English is perfect. "By your appearance, I judge you are a version of Neena Thurman, also called Domino?" He looks to her finally, apparently satisfied with the readouts on the various monitors.

The Starjammer: Sickbay

Sikorsky addresses Miss Fury as it scans Slapstick's human form. "In a moment I may assist you - these other doctors are not doctor doctors, they are scientist doctors. I can help. Allow me please a moment to analyze the condition of this young person..." Another moment passes by. "Done. She is scared and confused, but largely unharmed physically. What can you tell me about this...Ink...?" Sikorsky scans the substance, but seems troubled. "I...ha ha ha ha...I do not...hahahahaha...understand...What is this?" Backing away, the small insect-like alien seems very concerned.

Jumping forward a bit to when Sikorsky moves on to Miss Fury, we'll run both those sequences concurrently just to give everyone something to do...

Eventually, Sikorsky hovers over to Miss Fury and scans her. "Physically no problems that I detect. In mental distress you seem to be, though, and I am to help you here. Please...I am to listen." Sikorsky's voice seems very soothing, and the droning of his little wings creates an almost hypnotic effect.

@Lager: 1d6+1d8+1d10+1d10+1d8 Sikorsky Assistance on Miss Fury (Team, Pint-Size Physician, Intellect, Physician SFX, Empathic Senses, Psych Mastery) = (3)+(3)+(10)+(8)+(5) = 29; Taking it as a 15 with a d10 stepped up to d12 affect for an assist roll to Miss Fury to recover stress.

@Lager: 4d8 Doom Pool vs. Sikorsky = (7+1+8+3) = 19; also a 15, so the hero-positive roll wins! Miss Fury has a d12 effect die to use in her pool for recovering stress.


Big Barda lets out a sigh of relief at Snow's words, "I was beginning to wonder. Wasn't sure if you were the same Elijah Snow I'd met, after all." She shrugs slightly. "Thing have been weird lately. It's good to be working with you again, Snow."

The Doctor chimes in then, "You are right not to trust this...Bender, you say? Robin Goodfellow gathered us together, though; yes, yes. A strange and spritely figure. I am not sure if they are one and the same, myself. I have theories, of course, but I'm afraid we'll need more data..." He trails off, thinking to himself about who the guides might be, and what goal they might be working towards.

Darkman pipes up next, "Our mission is revenge!!!" He laughs maniacally before Captain Hook places his good hand on the man's shoulder.

"I wouldn't call it revenge, but Dr. Westlake is right in that we do have...unfinished business." Looking down at the hook on his right forearm, he frowns. "I'm afraid that my team has been stranded here. I apologize for us waylaying you here, but we have found our mission impossible to complete by ourselves."

Darkman can contain himself no longer, erupting at the gentleman captain, "Dammit Hook, just tell them already!" He points at all the Exiles dramatically, his eyes burning with flames. "We're going to slaughter the Shi'ar Empire!!!!

Just then, the Tallus seems to...wake up on Gwen's wrist, telepathically communicating with her. "Where are you.....?!"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

1 PP, 11 XP, d4 Emotional stress, d8 mental stress

"Ha! Oh dear, I was jokin... jo... hmm"

Patsy found herself startled by the insect-like being, but very quickly lulled into a sort of trance. She began to give voice to the stress and anxiety pulling at the edges of her mind before she could really stop herself...

---

Recovery action attempt is Buddy d8, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Sikorsky's Help d12. (8+3)+(4) = 12 with a d8 effect.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the
TG Sanity fund



PP: 2, Stress: 0, XP: 8

Her eyes narrow slightly at that. No one had called her Neena in... a long time.

"It's Neena Barton, now, and where I come from they call me Bullseye," she gestures to the red crosshair mark imprinted over her dark eyepatch as she finally turns to look at him. "So did your Tallus send you to find us, or are we all crossing paths for some other reason?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Slapstick

"Ah! Please don't touch that! It's the raw essence for the cartoon realm! Really dangerous!" She urged. It was the liveliest she'd been since emerging. "Shortly it will consume me again. I'll sleep until Slapstick purges herself again. Just like last time. At least the company is nicer this time."

"I guess it's kind of like a symbiote? But it brings out the parts of you that you'd need to survive being one of them. A cartoon. Locks the rest of you away. So please. Please don't touch it."

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Nov 18, 2018 around 08:27

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«10 »