Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

quote:

Miss Fury
Patricia "Patsy" Walker (Secret)

Affiliations: Solo [D10], Buddy [D8], Team [D6]

Distinctions:
Bored Socialite
A Regular Hellcat
Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me

Cat Suit:
Magic Resistance: d8; Enhanced Reflexes: d8; Enhanced Speed: d8; Enhanced Strength: d8; Leaping: d6; Swingline: d6; World War Weapons: d6;

SFX: Cat Claws. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 to your pool and step up physical stress inflicted.

SFX: Focus. If your pool includes a Cat Suit power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die.

SFX: Miraculous Mantle. Step up or double any Cat Suit power for one action, or spend a PP to do both. After the action resolves, add a die equal to your effect die to the Doom pool.

Limit: Twice Cursed. Count 1s and 2s on dice as opportunities when using a Cat Suit power.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown World War Weapons and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity to recover World War Weapons.

Specialties:
Acrobatic Expert: d8; Combat Expert: d8; Covert Expert: d8; Crime Expert: d8; Vehicles Expert: d8;

Milestones
Miss America

Gain 1 xp when you flaunt your looks and charm in a support action, by flirting.
Gain 3 xp when you use your civilian alter ego to create a resource.
Gain 10 xp when you rebuke the flirtations of another hero, or decide they deserve more of your attention.

Joy Division
Gain 1 xp the first time in a scene when you inflict emotional stress on an opponent.
Gain 3 xp when you use your own emotional stress against an opponent.
Gain 10 xp when you experience either mental or emotional trauma.

The Black Fury
Gain 1 xp the first time in a scene when you inflict physical trauma on an opponent.
Gain 3 xp when you use a covert asset to eliminate an unaware opponent.
Gain 10 xp when you either suffer trauma at the hands of an opponent, or are captured by the enemy.

Having found herself... somewhere unexpected instead of the grand finale of her mission, Patsy is, at first, very confused. Her first instinct was to hide and observe, but there was literally no place to hide, and what she could observe was indescribable. So her second instinct was to head toward the one thing she could definitely see. Until she heard a voice, and saw a silver haired man up ahead. She was about to consider how best to eliminate him, when the distinctly American accent caught her ear. Worst case, he was a spy of some sort. Maybe a defector? A prisoner wouldn't be dressed so well. But then, this absolutely couldn't be Hitler's bunker anyway, could it?

"Oh, hell, I've got no real options anyway, and he isn't packing a luger." she decided.

"Excuse me, fella; you wouldn't happen to be a Fascist, would you?" She said somewhat playfully as she approached slowly with her .45 in the no sudden movements position.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Miss Fury
1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Can't be too careful these days." She replies. Satisfied by the man's clear disdain for the question, she holsters her weapon and changes tack slightly - still ready to pounce at a moment's notice, but now he might feel a little safer - "So just who are you then, mister?" one question at a time, don't let them know how much you don't know...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Miss Fury
1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"...charmed to make your acquaintance." She replied taking Elijah's hand, and noting how odd it was for a man to offer to shake, rather than kiss it. "You may call me Miss Fury for the time being." She got no farther before their attentions were caught by what appeared to be a... cartoon?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Miss Fury
1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"I'm not sure exactly what I'm seeing or hearing, stranger." Miss Fury said, backing away from the assembling crowd of oddities, and placing her hand at her hip holster. "I'm beginning to suspect someone's slipped me a Mickey Finn. Mr. Snow, you seem plausible; All-American League. Who won the '42 championship?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Miss Fury
1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

Stranger and stranger things were happening at an alarming rate, and keeping ahead of the game was proving more difficult by the second. "Who on Earth is this woman? Who sent her? Why is she looking for me, but unable to recognize me? How does she not know Captain Rogers is dead?" All these thoughts and more raced by, as Patsy calmed her nerves, and steadied her hand. Ask questions first, shoot later.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Miss Fury
1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Oh, how neat. A little too neat, mister Snow."

Taking in Elijah's casual explanation, and the gist of the more sprightly characters' perplexing postulations, it seemed clear to Patsy that she wasn't in any particular danger from them... though the archer was casting aspersions she wasn't fond of.

"So am I to believe this is Heaven? Purgatory? Hell? I might accept that last one. But you seem awfully nonchalant about being here." she shifted into a non-aggressive stance. "And I find several of you quite hard to believe, if I'm being frank." she added, gazing over the rest of the assembled group, lingering on Slapstick, and settling on Bullseye.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Miss Fury
1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Cat's out of the bag." Patsy's gaze hadn't lifted off of the newcomer, as though she were waiting. "You don't look or sound like Jerry, but if you're after Captain America, I've got bad news and worse news."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"A fine 'how d'ya do' mister Bender. Where was all this before the Reich started it's campaign of murder? I've already avenged the wrongs as much as one person can. I made peace with the outcome for me." arms crossed, and clearly a bit agitated, she scans around the group. And it starts to fall into place. The snippets of pain and personal horrors hidden in all their confusion, the fear of loss and destruction. She sits down and takes her head in her hand, overcome by the burden of feeling. "It's not over, is it? Oh, I must look like a fool to you lot. None of this makes any sense to me!"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

That sealed it. Even if Elijah's speech hadn't struck the right chord, the fact that he wasn't the only one immediately outraged by the prospect of being a helpless pawn lost in the game of fate did the trick. She stood up tall, with a slight sniffle, and said "Then the fight isn't over. Soldier on, get to the bottom of things. Have some fun while you're at it. Who needs saving, and what is teleporting?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"It's just as well." she says to Bender. "I'm not so sure I'm hungry right now."

Miss Fury walks over to the pink clad girl volunteer. "Nothing you've said so far makes an ounce of sense to me, but I'm sure I'll get over it. Ready when you are."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Payment system?" she started to ask, looking over the card she now held. "I... what is this made out of? No. No never mind, I'm fine." She tucked the card away in a concealed pouch with the crystal ball. Too many questions, and apparently no time for them. She'd adapt to to this like she'd adapted to flying a German fighter plane that was on fire; as quickly as possible.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"That... was not quite what you described, Mister Snow." Patsy mumbled as she shook off the daze of the transport. "Not quite- oh dear." she adds, noting the fearful reaction of the crowd. "What do we do?"

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 18, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Unpatriotic ones, at that." Patsy added.

"I'd ask what spandex is, but... listen, Elijah, far be it for me to cast aspersions on your fashion sensibilities, but I'm not entirely sure how comfortable I am disrobing, as it were." she said, with an affectation somewhere between flirtation and genuine timidity. "The truth is, my civilian identity is sometimes a bit of liability. I'm something of a celebrity. Or, was." with that, she removed the cowl of her ceremonial garb, revealing to the team her lovely red locks, piercing blue eyes, and the unmistakable visage of America's sweetheart, Patricia Walker.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Hellcat's my middle name, dear. But you do recognize me?" looking from Gwen to Elijah, she shrugs. "Let's hope it's just you. Showbiz never was my favorite, but I can certainly play the part. So, let's get to it. Find me something nice to wear, if you could." she looks to Slapstick, still puffed up and waiting for acknowledgment. "Something I can wear a scarf with, I suppose."

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 19, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"You sound like you've got a plan in mind, mister... Parker, is it? I'm all ears."

On the surface, it seemed like a fairly simple task, though she wasn't entirely comfortable with being comfortable with that notion. Another Fuhrer bending minds to his will, and this one not likely hidden in a heavily fortified bunker. She'd done more with less. Though under the circumstances, she knew a lot less about this target and strangely this environment.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Awfully quick of you, Greeny. I haven't even told you my name." She said, placing her hands on her hips in mock irritation. "But if this is really the year two-thousand, I can't imagine I'm a hot topic right now. Why, I'd be nearly eighty years old! Wouldn't I?" She thought about what they'd all said so far, and how little she understood the mechanics of all this time and dimensional 'teleportation' that the rest seemed relatively more comfortable with. Maybe it wasn't so far fetched?

"Well, what does your little radio device say about that, Gwen?" she asked, pointing to the cell phone.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"I'm... confused, but intrigued." she says, after a polite moment of trying to parse everything she'd been told. She did not provide her name.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Oh my my my, that's a fine offer, Miss Blaire! But what do people even wear these days?" she paused for thought, reflecting on the brief glimpse she'd had at the crowd in the street earlier. It only took a moment before inspiration struck. "Oh, did you see that woman with the black blouse and marvelously red pants earlier? I quite liked the cut of her jib."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"I've seen exactly how powerful propaganda can be, even without actual brainwashing behind it." with a grim voice Patsy stopped admiring her new look, and started considering the new information. "Television, radio, newspapers. Likely even your inter-web, all bent and twisted to project the message of the wicked few, no matter how evil. Anything that can't be altered to suit the leader's will is destroyed. Even people." she says, putting a hand on the Goblin's shoulder for a moment.

"But I've also seen how powerful sabotage can be. France, Belgium, Holland, all freed because even after their militaries capitulated, the people did not give up hope or lose their courage!" she slams her fist down on her opposite palm to emphasize the point. It was a popular gesture among politicians of her day. "It's ordinarily a slow process, but we are an extraordinary group. In one day, we can do what a hundred others might do in a month. And so we must do what they cannot!" at some point she realized she was reciting Captain America's old team speeches, but it seemed right. Up until the part where she remembered Captain America had plans, and she... almost never did. "So what is our plan? Figure out how this... Purple Man, this Killgrave, is influencing minds and destroy his propagation network?"

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 21, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"If that's the case, Miss... Slapstick, we must be cautious. And perhaps the television broadcast center is our first target?" The idea that there might be more than one hadn't quite struck her.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

[removed for narrative sense?]

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 23, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"That's rather disconcerting." Patsy noted of Gwen's coming and going. "But she has the right idea. Mister Snow, can you find us the a nearby broadcast center with your cell phone? We need to get cracking. I'm sure if break this network of mind control, it's ringleader will have no choice but to step out of the shadows."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

Looking over the scene at Rockefeller Plaza, Fury has about a dozen ideas for progressing, but none of them involve having a team. Then she remembers what the team can do "Let's say I pilfered a few of those badges; would you be able to make them look appropriate, Miss Blaire?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

Fury looked over at the... suddenly very relatable form that Slapstick had taken. "Oh, that's a very nice hat. Say, how would you feel about a bit of detective work? And you, Bullseye? How are you at picking pockets? If you can keep a few people occupied for just a moment, Miss Slapstick, the two of us can collect their identification easily, I'd wager."

She watched the crowd for a moment, and then moved swiftly yet casually towards it, with a quick "Follow my lead" not really waiting to see if the others did.

Attempting to make a False Credentials asset by stealing a few IDs from the crowd. Pool is Team d6, Thrill-Seeking Socialite d8, Enhanced Speed d8, and Crime Expert d8. Result is 16 with a d8 effect.

"Excuse me. Pardon me. Oh, what a lovely blouse! Sir, could I bother you for directions?" She wove her way through the crowd, enjoying the small diversions, and plucking ID's from waistbands and lapels. She tried to prioritize people leaving the building, but really she could only guess what the security force would do to anyone who approached without identification. In a few minutes, she'd completed her her task and returned to the team.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 26, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

(possibly it is my turn, so here I am!)

"Quickly, we musn't let them escape!" Shouted Fury, dashing after the Wizard, trusting the others could handle the henchmen.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

"Anyone of sound mind and body ought to do as the ladies said and hit the road." Fury said, removing her pistol and whip from her illusorily concealed belt. "The rest of you had better line up. My dance card is wide open." With a quick crack through the air, she sent the lash out towards the mysterious producer, judging him to be the most immediate threat. The Wizard and Dracula would have to wait their turn.

Making an attack against Mesmero, with my Solo D10, Regular Hellcat distinction d8, Swingline d6, and Combat Expert d8. I'm going to invoke my Focus SFX to combine the 2d8s into a d10. Rolled in chat, and sadly got a 2 8 and 6, so my roll is 14, effect is going to have to be a d4, and that 2 is an opportunity as per my Twice Cursed limit.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 4, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 0 XP, no Stress

Rolling to dodge bullets, as one does. Solo d10, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me at d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, and Acrobatic Expert d8. Result is 13 with a d10 effect, and an opportunity from Twice Cursed, living up to it's name and intention.

Miss Fury was a pro when it came to avoiding gunfire. She might admit that the costume gives her an edge, but at the moment, nobody could ever see she was wearing one. An aerial cartwheel put her out of the line of fire, costing her only a moment. Surely not enough time for her foe to muster a defense...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

3 PP, 0 XP, no Stress. Mesmerized to >d12

"Oh...!" She was expecting a punch to be thrown, but this was...

If only this had been magic, I'd be able to muster some sort of defense! As is, I defend with a mere d10 Solo, and d8 Nothing Bad ever Happens to Me, roll an 8 and a 2, and that leaves my result at 8 with a d4 effect and an opportunity. So uh... looks like I just got mesmerized past a d12. I'm out of the fight for now.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

3 (-2) PP, 0 XP, Mesmerized d12

She was reeling, or would be if her body would allow it. This was worse than teleporting! And in front of her, a sick little man with childish aims was parading around in a hell of his own making, imaging himself as the devil. But she could speak.

"Really, how pitiful. All the power in the world over thoughts and actions, but you can't convince anyone to even like you. So you pretend to enjoy being hated. What a legacy. The man who dies, and is universally loathed by all. Not a tear will be shed. Nobody will think fondly of your accomplishments. Because in truth, you've accomplished nothing. Just halted all others from achieving anything. Anything at all. You'll be lucky if they even mark your grave. History's least remembered, petty child." Patsy was attempting to will her limbs to work as she spoke, but it was little use. She could be far more worried about the situation however. This man loved a captive audience almost as much as he loved himself.

"You're a coward and you know it. You can't even be in the same room with me able to act of my own free will. Because while you could make me say or do anything, you can never make me or anyone else feel anything but revulsion for you. Violent revulsion. The kind you're too weak to engage with." Patsy had never given anyone hell, she just told them the truth and they thought that was hell.

So, I'm going for emotional stress on Purple Man, with the old 'conquest to what end?' route, plus some digs at his undeserved sense of self importance. I'm pretty sure he's a sociopath, and an idiot, but it's all I've got.

Spending a Plot Point to add a second distinction, so I've got Solo d10, Thrill-Seeking Socialite d8 to add some catty high society admonishment and Nothing Bad Ever Happens d8 to me for the probable overconfidence she's got in this matter of fact approach. I haven't got anything else to add. Result is 12 with a d8 effect. Edit: with permission, I'm spending another plot point to add my own complication to the roll, just to rub his face in how clearly right I am about him being afraid and not as in control of things as he thinks. My new result is 18, with a d10 effect for emotional stress.

Also! I've actually jumped straight to my 10xp milestone for Black Fury by being captured, if this counts, so I might uh... remember to put psych expert or something on my sheet with that XP. I might also trigger it again when I pummel this man to death.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 10, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 0 XP, d12 Mesmerized complication

Purple Man posted:

Tell me
TELL ME
TELL ME

He wasn't wrong. Not that she would have denied it, but being forced to speak about it was... infuriating.

"My Mother has forced me into pageants, auditions, and performances since as early as I can remember. She uses my name, my face, and my life, to meet her own unfulfilled ambitions. She does not love me." She did as commanded. But he never told her to stop talking. "I have met and exceeded her tiny dreams."

---
Reaction pool: Solo d10, Thrill-Seeking Socialite at d4 (+1 pp), Covert Expert d8 and spending a pp to create an "Intelligence 101 - Reading Between the Lines" stunt based on it, plus Purple Man's emotional stress at d10 = (8+9)+(7+2)+(2)
Result: 17 with a d8 effect. No opportunities, because I'm not using any powers.
+1/-1 pp

---

It was painful, yes, but this was a pain Patsy had come to terms with, as much as one can. This whole situation was, after all, a result of her taking control of her own life, something the Purple Man had just unwittingly confirmed to her was a strength she shared with her local counterpart, who likewise had evaded his control. Patsy might offer a tip about attempted interrogations, regarding the flow of information.

"What about you, Mister Killgrave? You've enslaved the world to worship you, but it seems to me a rather hollow gesture. Why do you need to be the center of attention? Didn't your mumsy wumsy think you were a big man? Important? A star? No?"

---
This is why I need psych expert. But still, psychological warfare training kind of works, since turning questions and accusations around on your captors is a pretty straightforward and effective active defense. Especially against amateurs.

Attacking for psychological stress: Solo d10, Thrill-Seeking socialite at d8 (because gently caress you for mentioning it, Purp,) Covert Expert d8 and spending another pp to create an "Never Attack your Own Weak Points" stunt at d8, and of course, his emotional stress at d10 = (7+4)+(8+3+8)
Result is 16 with a d10 effect.
-1 pp.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 11, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 0 XP, d12 Mesmerized complication

Purple Man posted:

TELL ME... TELL ME

She made no effort to resist the order. In fact, she might have been leaning into it, waiting for the chance to say these words and have them be the absolute truth: "I am Patricia Evelyn Walker. I'm here to kill you."
---

Defending against the attack with a devil-may-care attitude, so I can earn a pp.
Solo d10, A Regular Hellcat d4, Covert Expert d8, Purp's Stress d12 = 1d10 + 1d12 + 1d8 + 1d4 = (5)+(4)+(6)+(2)

It was too much to hope I'd get out of this unscathed, but I can use the 5 and 6, then buy the 2 with my shiny new plot point to make the total a 13 with a d12 effect. I think that both prevents him from getting an exceptional success, and steps his effect back to a d8.

+1/-1 pp

---

Patsy didn't stop talking though. With a ruby-lipped smile on her face, she continued of her own accord: "And then, Mister Killgrave, I will simply disappear, and nobody will ever know what happened to you. They won't care what happened to you. Because you don't really matter to anyone. If I'm lying, I'm dying."

---

Patsy is basically daring this guy to try and shut her up at this point, so I'm choosing to use 'a Regular Hellcat' at d4 again, so I can earn the pp I wanted for this roll, and immediately burn it to activate Purp's opportunity.

Sending this man to the emotional mat: Purp's Stress d12, Solo d10, the opportunity to create a 'Mental Hopscotch' stunt at d10, Covert Expert d8, and A Regular Hellcat at d4 = (4)+(4+4)+(1)+(1)

gently caress. 8 with a d12 result and 2 opportunities.

+1/-1 pp = 0 remaining

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 0 XP, d6 emotional stress, d12 Mesmerized complication

Hmph. He'd see just how well it was going when she was back on her feet. And now that he'd left the room empty handed, she just had to break his insidious bindings in peace and relative quiet... and try not to think to much about the horrible creature on the television screen.

----
Going to attempt to decrease my complication with a pool of Solo d10, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, and I'm going to invoke the innate magic of my secret costume to force my limbs to move with Enhanced Strength d8, and since none of my specialties work for this as far as I can think, I'll activate the Miraculous Mantle SFX to step Enhanced Strength up to a d10.

2d10 + 1d8 = (1+4)+(6), so ten with a d4 effect, and an opportunity. Guess the magic is truly gone.

----

Though even with her secret weapon employed, this might prove a bit harder than she was willing to admit...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

3 PP, 0 XP, d6 emotional stress, d12 mind control complication

"What would you know about it, mother? You've been wearing the same tired face for forty years." Patsy responded snidely.

Inside, she was trying to maintain her concentration, despite her mother's unfortunate arrival. If she could move even a finger...

-----
Have to keep trying. Can't let mom interrupt. Must escape. Must kill Purple Man.

Solo d10, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Enhanced Strength d8, and this time I'm going all out, using my Miraculous Mantle SFX with a plot point to step up AND double the Enhanced Strength. This will add my *effect die to the doom pool, but I really need to get on my feet.

Result: (5+1+1)+(6) so... ugh. I guess and 11 with a d4, and two more opportunities.

-1 pp = 2 remaining.

(*I forgot that part last time, but my last effect die was a d4, so it's not the end of the world.)

----

Of course, it was hard to focus on anything with Dorothy Walker around. She made a point of becoming the center of attention...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 0 XP, d10 mind control complication

"Oh, don't go taking her side now! Besides, I've got this under control..."

confusion fog posted:

"Under control... under control..."

Patsy failed to shake her head reflexively, but the cobwebs loosened regardless. This didn't make any sense. She was being influenced by Purple Man! Some sort of suggestion... what was it he'd said? Oh...!

----
Going to give this as much gas as possible, and hope for the best. Or at least hope the doom pool rolls low again.

Solo d10, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me at d8, Enhanced Strength stepped up and doubled for a PP by Miraculous Mantle to 2d10, and I'm going to make a Covert 'Interrogation Training' stunt for another PP.
Result of 3d10 + 2d8 = (6+8+1)+(7+1) so a 15 with a d10 effect, 2 opportunities, and a d10 automatically deposited in the Doom Pool.

-2 pp, 0 remaining

----

No, not what Purple Man said... what Master Mind Excello said! She had to remember her training. She had to focus and stay in control of herself. Her mind and body belonged to her.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 0 XP, d10 Mind Control complication

"Oh really, Mother, are you just going to stand there while some bluenose from Bed-Stuy condescends to us? He practically grew up in Flushing!" Patsy wasn't entirely sure why, but whether this phantom came from her mind or Purple Man's, it seemed uncannily accurate in one regard; Dorothy Walker was a woman of deep and fragile pride. When she sensed even a moment of stress, it was almost instinctual to hammer it as hard as she could. "Though I suppose Hedy has a point. I mean, her mother graduated from Sarah Lawrence..." the barbs poured out effortlessly, like water from the tap, as she attempted to swing her body the other way around: if she couldn't will her muscles to act against the commands, she would will them to relax and fail to comply altogether.

---
I'm... battling my complication by attempting to cause my own emotional stress emotional stress?! Are inner demons as susceptible to infighting as Martian demons? I guess it's time to find out. (send help!)

The pool is solo d10, Thrill-Seeking Socialite d8 for more of that high society snark, Enhanced Strength d8, Covert Expert at 2d6 because I'm working a bunch of angles, honestly, and spending the two plot points my last action bought me to activate two of your opportunities, to create a Covert "Mind Games" stunt at d10, and a reverse "Enhanced Relaxation" Strength stunt at d10.

3d10 + 2d8 + 2d6 = (9+4+9)+(1+3)+(3+5)
18 with a d10 effect, and one opportunity. I kind of wish I'd saved a plot point to create an asset or something, but whatever.
-2 pp = 0 remaining.

---

FLASH BACK - 1943, an allied Naval base somewhere in Scotland

Miss Fury posted:

"It doesn't seem fair to me. You can break your bonds with a deep breath! My chest isn't quite that robust, Excello. What am I supposed to do wrapped in chains and rope?"

Master Mind Excello posted:

"No, Fury, it isn't fair. War isn't fair. The Nazi's will expect you to force yourself free, but I expect you to think. With strength, even I have limits. With the mind, I only imagine limits. I'll be back in an hour. I don't expect to find you here when I return."

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 24, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 10 XP, No stress

"Sorry Steven. Sometimes we have to fight dirty. Now, let's see about this..." Patsy's head told her to quietly unplug the television, but her heart and newly liberated limbs said it was time to make some noise. And so she did, kicking open the door to the room, and hurling the offending appliance as hard as possible into whatever stood on the other side. Her weapons had seemingly been confiscated, but her claws remained hidden and ready to strike.

----

Since I'm free now, I'm going to go ahead and claim the 10xp for being captured by our enemy in the first place. I'm also shutting down World War Weapons, to gain an extra PP. The whip is technically part of the magic suit, but I had it in hand when I was caught, so I'm just going to shut it down as well for now, since that makes sense to me, narratively speaking.

+1 pp.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 10 XP, d6 emotional stress

"Try not to waste too many bullets, lads; I may need them later!" she chides, as she runs along the wall briefly, to dodge and gain some extra momentum for her aerial roundhouse kick.

---
Hoping I roll well enough to maybe hit two of them, but at least kicking one of them facewise.
Solo d10, A Regular Hellcat at d8, Enhanced reflexes d8, and Acrobatic Expert d8 = (7)+(6+8+4)
So 15 and I'm spending a plot point to buy an extra effect die, to hit agents A and B for d8 physical stress each.
And tagging them so that I feel like it's my choice that I'm about to get attacked possibly three times in a row.
-1 plot point = 0 remaining.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 9, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 10 XP, d6 Emotional stress

"Splendidly, even! Thanks for the assistance, Mister Green."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Patsy unconsciously mirrors her other self, save for the expression of mild disbelief on her face. "My... you're... oh, how strange. So do I call you a copy cat, or vice versa?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Seeing her old tank destroying robot friend transform into whatever this was immediately adds a pile of extra questions to her inventory, the most pressing of which simply falls out of her mouth "Does Doctor Zog know what you've done to his robot?" followed by the barely audible "Did Japan win the war?!?"

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 10, 2018