Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

0 PP, 10 XP, d6 Emotional stress

"Let's not talk about mother for now. I think I've had enough of that for today. But if you've got time for a Soixante Quinze after all of this, we really should catch up."

Patsy absently catches the Goblin's invention as they begin the trek up the stairs. "Really, I just have so many questions! What is this thing, for example?" she says gesturing to the anti-control device, "Is that really Cap?" she whispers, "And who is the hunk?" she does not whisper.

----
near the top of the stairwell

"Oh, I very much agree, Miss Poole. It's time for fireworks." perhaps it was a lingering effect of the mind-over-matter exercise, or Starband's focusing on other things, but at that moment Patsy's fashionable disguise faded away, revealing the Black Fury beneath.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 10 XP, d6 Emotional stress

The room is an explosion of action, but nothing quite so grand as the sudden clash of power at it's center, as Mr. Snow and the abominable beast's words compete at the eye of the blizzard. A truly marvelous display! With any luck, Snow would see the error of his actions and accept the truth nature of peace...

----
Resisting this mind control, desperately. My pool is Team d6, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Covert Expert d8, Anti-Control Disc d6, Avengers Assembled d12, Xemnu's Shattered Complication d12

Result: 2d6 + 2d8 + 2d12 = (1+4)+(2+8)+(1+1) aaaaaaand I failed. 12 with a d8 effect. 3 opportunities.

----

"FURY!" She heard her own voice yell, as a blue and yellow blur rushed past her into the fray, towards a man being savaged by tigers. It was enough to snap her back into focus. She looked to Cap (was it really him?) and her older self, braving the fight. To Snow, fearless in the face of these monsters. The frequency resonating in her ear, ricocheting off the voice of Xemnu, himself struggling for control against Purple Man's influence. Somewhere in the back of her mind, weeks of psychological conditioning playing over and over, and behind that, her audition for the Wizard of Oz. She'd deliberately botched her final line, just to make mother mad.

"...There's no place like Oz." she said to herself, as she dreamily stepped into the fight.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 24, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

3 PP, 10 XP, d6 Emotional Stress, d10 Mental stress

"Oh, nausea." Patsy exclaims sarcastically as she bounds over the heads of the tiny effigies and their outstretching arms. "I hate wizards."

Leaping gracefully above the fight and focusing on the enemies below, she nearly fails to notice one of the homunculi dangling from a chandelier in her path, but no sooner does it motion to stop her progress than a blue sash snakes outward from below, looping around the offending limb, and yanking the creature to the ground at Hellcat's feet.

-------

I have no time for insignificant little men. Team d6, Regular Hellcat d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Acrobatic Expert at 2d6. 3d6 + 2d8 = (3+6+5)+(1+1) so an 11 with a d6 effect, and 2 opportunities.

Edit: Dodging their attack as well! Team d6, Regular Hellcat at d8, Enhanced Reflexes stepped up with Miraculous Mantle to d10, and Acrobatic Expert d8, and I'm going to spend a plot point to create a Magical Negation stunt at d8 from my power set. 1d6 + 1d10 + 3d8 + 1d12 = (3)+(7)+(1+5+2)+(4) = spending 2 plot points to buy extra dice, so my result is 19 with a d4 effect, and 2 more opportunities. A d4 gets added to the doom pool from MM.

1 plot point remaining.

-------

Patsy grabbed hold of the now vacant chandelier, and swung heavily in the opposite direction, giving a small wave to her other self, before landing with acrobatic flourish in front of her first target, Diablo.

"You, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking." she said, grabbing the lanky man's garish mustache with impossible swiftness, and yanking his whole head down, hard, exposing the fragile pipe in his neck to a vicious chopping blow.

-------

Destroy that tube! Team d6, A Regular Hellcat d8, Spending a plot point to step up AND double Enhanced Speed to 2d10, Combat Expert d8, and d12 for Diablo's Stress = (11)+(9+1)+(8+1)+(4) = 20 with a d6 effect, and 2 opportunities. a d6 is added to the doom pool for using MM again.

0 pp remaining.

Tagging Slapstick, with enthusiasm!

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 10, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

4 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

"Much obliged, big guy." Miss Fury told Hercules, as she brushed concrete dust from her cape. "Now, is that just the magic dust in my eyes, or have we got a very big problem on our hands?"

Images flashed through her head of the Battle of Kasserine Pass, and how she'd helped bring down "Il Centauro", Italy's most dangerous armored superweapon. But it was maybe a third the size of this, and she'd had 2nd Army and Howling Commando support. Then again, Il Centauro was piloted by armored division aces, under the command of the dastardly "Desert Fox." This thing was piloted by a petulant child, with no combat experience. And it's size could certainly be used against it...

Without another word, she leaped to the fire escape of a nearby building, then up to the flagpole protruding from another, swinging herself up onto a lower roof, and disappearing in the canopy of the concrete jungle.

-----

Going to try and make an "element of surprise" asset for myself, by sneaking my way roundabout to a more advantageous position, all the while out of sight of a giant, lumbering robot.

Solo d10, Thrill-Seeking Socialite d8, Leaping d6, and spending a plot point to use both acrobatic and covert expert at 2d6 each: 1d10 + 1d8 + 5d6 = (7)+(4)+(1+3+3+5+1)
Spending another plot point to buy one of the 3s as an extra result die, for a total of 15, with a d8 effect. 2 opportunities.
-2 plot points, 2 remaining.

Tagging Bullseye to follow my lead.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 27, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

"I like your moxie, kid. Not many can keep up with my pace. Let's go!" She replied, hooking on for the ride.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 28, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

"Bigger machines always have bigger design flaws. And this is the biggest one I've fought yet."

Leaping over Bullseye toward the head and neck of the massive machine, she flexes he mystically strengthened claws, and quickly scans for a seam, an access panel, a point of articulation, to sink them into. The Landkreuzer P. 1000's had been lousy with them, and Il Centauro hadn't fared much better for having arms and a head. This robot might have been a cutting edge design by future standards, but it was still essentially a tank, and it was designed to fight, and defend against, other tanks. Infantry always had the advantage up close.

---
Going to apply some tank busting experience to the problem. I'm invoking my Focus SFX to merge my Buddy and Regular Hellcat die into a d10, Enhanced Strength d8, Vehicle Expert d8, Blinded by the Light complication d10, I'm going to add the Cat Claws SFX for another d6, and stepped up effect. 2d10 + 2d8 + 1d6 = (7+7)+(7+7)+(2)

Spending a plot point to buy an extra effect die, to make that a 21 with d12 effect for physical stress on Purple Ronin. 1 opportunity.

pp -1 = 1 remaining.

Tagging Slapstick

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

Undeterred by the armor plates sliding and trying to close against her assault, she nearly loses herself in the task, only noticing the danger of the arcing projectiles when Bullseye shouts. With only a fraction of a second to spare...

----

Evasive maneuvers! Buddy d8, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (doubled with Miraculous Mantle), Acrobatic Expert d8, and Ronin's Blinded by the Light complication d10 (5+5+3+6+2)+(6) = spending my last plot point to by an extra die, for a 16 result with a d10 effect. 1 opportunity.

-1pp, 0 remaining.

----

...she leaps into the air, as the energy blast cuts through the space she had just been standing in, shearing the rough metal edges of the ravaged neck plating, leaving them white hot for an instant. Catching herself on the edge of the armored shoulder by only her clawed toes, she silently thanked whatever strange magic flowed through her robes that they'd been blessed with the powers of a cat. "If he wants to help us breach his own defenses, I'm not going to object." she replies to the angsty archer, as her slightly smoldering cape sways behind her rigidly balanced frame. "We need to follow up quickly before the brute shakes us!"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

Patsy clambered her way to the impact zone on the side of the robot's head, like a house cat climbing curtains; viciously, with destructive intent. As the steel plates shuddered from the Goblin's bombs, she dug into the dented and damaged panels and exposed wires. The outer layer was giving. If she could breach it, she could end this... she could kill the Purple Führer, and stop this tyranny.

----
I'm doing everything in the hopes that anything works. Buddy/Regular Hellcat at d10 combined with Focus, Enhanced Strength d10 (Stepped up by Miraculous Mantle), Vehicles Expert d8, Blinded by the Light complication d8 (stepped back by Cat Claws), Cat Claws d6 = (2+5)+(7+4)+(4). That's going to have to be a 12 with a d10 effect, and one opportunity. I have no plot points to spend, so I can't really home run this one. Patsy's had a long day.

Tagging Bullseye, to hopefully knock his block off.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

The world seemed to stand still in the shadow of the collapsed war machine, as post-battle scenes often do. Dust settles, rubble crumbles, and hearts, still racing, give their owners just a moment to soak up the aftermath.

Patsy had grabbed hold of the ejecting cockpit, and clung tenaciously to it as it crashed down to the street below. She could hear it's frantic occupant struggle to get free, cursing above and below his breath. No sooner had he emerged from the useless shell, the Purple Man found a gloved hand wrapped around his throat, shoving him harshly back against the wall of the escape pod.

With her hand placed around his windpipe, and with an implacable look on her face, eyes narrowed behind the whites of her cowl, she asked him "Any last words?" Her grip softened for an instant, to allow him a chance to speak. But she did not give him an instant before slicing his neck with the claw of her thumb, dropping him gasping to the ground, struggling to breathe around the rush of his own evil blood. "You're being uncharacteristically quiet, Mr. Kilgrave. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" she watched the pathetic man slump, struggling to the ground. "Well, give it some time. I'm sure you'll think up a real zinger!" She added, as she turned her back on him, and walked coldly away.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 11, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Patsy enthusiastically returned her counterparts unmasked embrace, and gave the Captain a quick salute in turn. "It's... well it's a shame we can't stay and chat, I suppose. I know the work here is far from over, but... well, I'm sure it's in good hands. Take care of yourself, Patsy. Captain. Take care of your world." Replacing her mask, she walked back toward her strange new partners, and tried to prepare herself for another strange journey.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

1 PP, 11 XP, d4 Emotional stress, d8 mental stress

"My word," is about the only word Patsy is able to utter. If she had been unprepared for the future, she was overwhelmed by space. If not for the immediate trouble of Slapstick's condition jolting her to her senses, she might have stood, mouth agape, in awe at the cosmos, and the meaning of the dandy captain's words.

But she snapped to attention and found herself by Gwen's side, "is she alright? Is she hurt?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"Would any of you doctors happen to specialize in psychiatry? I fear I may need a shrink." Patsy added sarcastically as she took a seat on an empty bed. After the emotional ordeal with Purple Man, and the sudden influx of peculiarity on top of what she'd already experienced... today?... it may not have been a joke. Still, she was surprised not to feel tired, hungry, or in anyway unready to press on, even with a million new questions popping up with every word these assembled champions spoke.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 17, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"Ha! Oh dear, I was jokin... jo... hmm"

Patsy found herself startled by the insect-like being, but very quickly lulled into a sort of trance. She began to give voice to the stress and anxiety pulling at the edges of her mind before she could really stop herself...

---

Recovery action attempt is Buddy d8, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Sikorsky's Help d12. (8+3)+(4) = 12 with a d8 effect.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Patsy abruptly sat up and wiped the tears from her cheeks, smiling oddly at the hovering alien insect. "I guess we'll just have to see, won't we, Doctor?"

Someplace in the back of her mind, Miss Fury was planting bombs inside a German anti-air fortress while fire and bodies rained down from the night sky, and the thundering of machine guns, crashing airplanes, and explosions filled her ears. The blood of a dozen nazi soldiers pooled at her feet as she worked to bring this place down for good. Three more just like it stood between her and the rendezvous point, and the night was just getting started...

------
The Black Fury
Gain 1 xp the first time in a scene when you inflict physical trauma on an opponent.
Gain 3 xp when you use a covert asset to eliminate an unaware opponent.
Gain 10 xp when you either suffer trauma at the hands of an opponent, or are captured by the enemy.

Joy Division
Gain 1 xp the first time in a scene when you inflict emotional stress on an opponent.
Gain 3 xp when you use your own emotional stress against an opponent.
Gain 10 xp when you experience either mental or emotional trauma.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"Then we're killing another dictator? Ha! Give me a rifle, one bullet, and point me at Berlin." Patsy announces, stepping into the conversation abruptly. She probably looked half a mess.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"Stuff and nonsense. That's exactly what they say about every warmongering tyrant they don't want to interfere with. 'Peace in our time' indeed!" she admonished. "Some bullies don't stay in their own yard. What's the skinny on this Banner character, Captain... Hook?"

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 25, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"How dare you!" Fury bristled, unconsciously dredging up a hint of Dorothy Walker's inflection. "These folks asked us for help, and you not only tell them to surrender, you insult those who would stand and fight? And to think, I was starting to like you, Pinky."

Despite the outburst, and her clouded mental state, Patsy was becoming aware that this might actually be more significant than she understood if these rocket-ship-piloting future people were suddenly invoking religion. Offhand she began to wonder who she knew that might qualify as a God... no, it sounded ridiculous. How bad could this Hulk fellow be?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"That's what I like to hear, Captain; not one step back!" her arms unfolded as she strode to the Starjammers' side of the sickbay. "So, what's the game? This 'Hulk' expects us to lead him to the Lilandra dame and her... McRan Crystal? Am I saying that right? How can she help us? And what's so valuable about this crystal? We talking magic, or mad science?" this was starting to feel like the early days. A chippy on the lam with some valuable jewel, and a dangerous crime lord chasing her down. And of course, Miss Fury adding an unexpected element of daring and chaos to the mix.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Against better judgment, Patsy felt ready to fling herself headlong into anything. Anything at all that might prevent her from having to think too long about what she'd done lately. Even just expressing how overwhelming the idea of being in the future - and then in space - felt had shaken her more than it helped. Possibly because the "doctor" was some sort of talking dragonfly. But even still.

"I suppose we do have a long voyage ahead of us. Though I think it'd do us more good to plan than to rest." her posture was noticeably tense, and and anytime her feet stopped moving, her hands began to fidget. She dearly desired a cigarette and a drink, though she hated to think she needed either. "Where shall we quarter, then, Captain Hook?" every time she looked at the man she had to ignore her earliest memories of seeing Betty Bronson on the silver screen for the first time. Remembering her childhood wasn't helping her mood.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"If we must." Miss Fury answered. "If you would be so kind as to show us the way to our quarters, Captain? And perhaps a drink while we're at it."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Then
"Why it's just like an automat!" Patsy was thrilled to have something on hand that wasn't alien, outer space, futuristic science fiction to latch on to. She helped herself to a turkey and swiss, and what the machine claimed was a cherry cola.

Taking a seat and her sandwich in both hands - most unladylike - she gesticulated to the room with her elbow "So, what do you need to discuss, Pinky? This seems like a relatively simple bait and switch. Badguys want the dame with the stolen jewel, they think they can follow us to her, team A leads them on a goose chase while team B does the real legwork. I must've done this sort of caper a dozen times, even before I had real training. It'll be cake. Oh! I wonder if these machines can make cake?"

Now
"I say 'let's make it happen' cap'n!" Fury threw a lazy salute and smiled. She felt like she was working with the real Captain again, in a way. This Hook character had a similar aura, if a bit rougher around the edges. Patsy liked rough around the edges.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Then...
With a short huff, Patsy put down her sandwich and bent an ear to the conversation at hand. "So you what, trust that Mister Bender now? Over these folks? The fella styling himself as Captain Hook seems as on the level as any of you, children's story villain or not. The rest of them seem as screwy as anything else going on. Would you suggest we throw our lot in with that Hulk character you're all so terrified of?" her temper was rising, and a headache was forming. And she would literally kill a man for a cigarette.

Rubbing her temples, she tried to continue more calmly. "We have to trust somebody. Or maybe not trust, but cooperate with them. At this point... she barely stopped herself from saying something as unproductive as "I don't care who."

"Everyone's got designs on Lilandra, so let's start by trusting her. That means we find her first, just like everyone wants us to. Then we figure out who's on what side, and pick our allies accordingly. But for the record, I'm with you lot, above all."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Patsy took a seat in the front of the cockpit, and did her best to acclimatize to the controls. She'd flown prototype German jet aircraft before, and piloted nearly every weapon the war had devised. This would be simple, she assured herself, before startling at the sudden appearance of their captor(?) on a television screen.

"Huff. Mister Bender, rude as ever I see. I was wondering if we might hear from you about all this."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It was difficult enough to focus on blind-piloting this space rocket without the intrusion of their obnoxious 'guide' but she was managing. "And what would you have us do about it? It's not as though we chose to be diverted. We aren't exactly in control of anything happening to us, if you recall." she said sternly. "And as far as I'm concerned, this other team hasn't failed if we can help them succeed. Either this... erm... Earth will perish, or the other one will. What difference does it make you, which world becomes a casualty?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Off the coast of Kiska, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, 1943.

Captain America walked the length of the landing craft, shield slung over one shoulder. "...Japanese, Sergeant. The 'drat Japanese' hoodwinked us." sitting all alongside the team were the rightly unhappy commandos of the First Special Service Force, joint American and Canadian unit sent to liberate American soil from enemy occupation. Only their inaugural mission had been a wasted effort. Not one enemy soldier occupied the territory, and the whole operation had gone to waste. Patricia was no less unhappy. As her first chance to impress the Captain America, and work directly under his command, she'd hoped for a good showing. Instead they were slouching back to San Fransisco empty-handed.

"What are you pouting about under that mask, Miss Fury? This still counts as a win for the allies." he said, taking a seat across from her.

"It can't be that easy. This is a ruse, I'm sure of it! They've got to have an airbase, or a carrier hidden somewhere!" she replied, in annoyance.

"You may be right. But you may not have the whole picture, kid. Pacific command just spent nearly a year planning this, and diverting forty-thousand troops, with sea, and air support, to take these islands. All soldiers and equipment we didn't send to Guadalcanal, or Africa, or Norway. After Massacre Bay, why wouldn't we believe this whole offensive was real? They got our attention, and drew us here. They didn't need to stay. But if they had..." he looked, for the first time Patsy had seen, upset. "You're welcome to go back and look for them in the tundra if you think that's a better use of your time."

Patsy thought she might retort. She didn't just spend all that time trudging through the snow, disarming mines and traps in bombed out abandoned fortifications for nothing. She couldn't have wasted that much time and effort. The allies couldn't have! Why would they have ordered the assault if they knew the enemy had withdrawn weeks ago?

Captain Rogers picked up a cup of canteen coffee and offered it to her, with a look on his face that said he knew exactly what she was thinking, and hardly felt better about it. "We're soldiers. We don't make the big decisions. We make the best of them." Patsy accepted it.

Just outside the badlands, in space, present or possibly future.
Patsy inhaled slowly, trying to calm herself and focus on the task at hand. "Very well then, Mister Bender. We have our orders." she reluctantly began to turn the shuttle around...

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 22, 2019

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Having slammed hard against the cockpit wall, then been thrown aback by the warp, Miss Fury is somewhat slow to recover her senses. That is until the emergency lights start flashing and warning beepers start beeping. Wiping a trickle of blood from her nose, she grabs the controls again, with rage in her eyes.

"You prideful... what if he was right?!"

Emergency Landing!!! Solo d10, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Vehicle Expert d8. Result of (6)+(5+6+2) = 12 with a d8 effect and an opportunity from Twice Cursed. I should have thought that pool through more.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 22, 2019

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Decidedly losing the struggle for the controls, and her temper, Fury literally hisses and bears her claws, balancing one foot on the pilot's seat and the other on the control panel, feeling for all the world like she was about to kill her... allies. These were her friends. Instead she threw her anger into a single slash that eviscerated the poor headrest, and dropped, arms folded and pouting back into her chair.

"I... have a higher mission success rate than you do." a crumble of seat stuffing fell onto her head.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 11 XP, d4 Emotional stress, d8 mental stress

Patsy was used to her costume's enchanted whip returning to her eventually. It was magic after all. But she was a little surprised when the action started, and her hand reflexively moved to her holster to find her .45 there. The exact one even. Custom threaded barrel for the long discarded suppressor, and notches in the grip from where her claws would dig in.

"Peace was never an option, Pinky!" she shouted, rolling out of the hatch past Gwen. She was already letting brass fly, and lashing at whichever foes caught her eye first; the big metal one, and the flashy flying one.

-------

Team d6, Regular Hellcat d8, Enhanced Reflexes doubled to 2d8, and a plot point to add world war weapons for d6, Combat expert d8. 4d8+2d6 = (8+8+7+3)+(3+3)
Going to spend a plot point to effect two targets, so my result is 16, with a d8 against Warstar and d8 against Manta, both for physical stress.

2pp -1 = 1 remaining.
Tagging Warstar!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

As hoped, the armor piercing rounds were as effective against this mechanical man as they were against the nefarious SS Panzersoldaten. Although this one seemed to be a fair bit a faster, and less dependent on obvious (and volatile) fuel-tanks...

---

Defensive roll is Team d6, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (mm), Combat expert d8. (3+8+3+2)+(6) = spending a plot point to add a third result die, so the total is 16, with a d8 effect. 1 opportunity from twice cursed.

Also I forgot to mention it, but my last roll should have added 1 or 2 d8s to the doom pool, and this one adds a d8, due to invoking miraculous mantle.

-1pp = 0 remaining.

---

...still, it didn't seem to have a flamethrower, machine gun, or a Klein-Nebelwerfer. Instead it chose to clumsily charge at her, which if not for the unexpected agility of the thing would have been laughable to Miss Fury. She leapt from the enclosing hands of the machine, avoiding the exposed pilot's attempt to grab her as well.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 1, 2019

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 11 XP, d6 mental stress

This little exercise felt like just the thing to work the anger out of Patsy's head for a moment. It was a shame, she thought, it didn't last a bit longer, with more fire, and gunsmoke, and... confusion? She wrapped her whip around her waist, and stowed her pistol in it's holster, marching nobly toward the majestrix, and bowing with a flourish of her half cape. That sort of thing had put her in Wilhelmina's good graces. Well, that and a round of Dutch pilsner.

"Your grace, we are meant to humbly assist you against the usurper 'Hulk.' At present, the crew of Captain Hook is leading a diversionary maneuver to allow us the opportunity." She meant to continue, but, found herself at a loss for more to say.

"Hmm... are you certain that's the plan, Patsy? You can't remember the rest, can you? Always forgetting your lines. Always rebelling. Always a disappointment." Behind her cowl, the corner of her eye twitched, slightly.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 22, 2019

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Picking up on Ms. Poole's faux pas, Patsy deployed her most diplomatic charms.

"Yes, well, perhaps it is best that you make haste to Kan'sys? I feel we've a great deal to discuss here, and little time to waste. Off with you now! And greatest of luck with your mission." she waved the group away with a hand, hoping they would pick up on her intention, and not take it as a personal snub.

"Oh, but dear me, I don't think I introduced myself properly, Majestrix, and for that I sorely apologize. I am Princess Ozma of the Emerald City, rightful ruler of the kingdom of Oz. I travel now as Patsy Walker Fury, but I trust this secret is safe with you..."

The more common ground they appeared to have, the more Patsy hoped Lilandra would take to her. As a subordinate noble, a warrior, and a monarch in exile, she hoped that sharing a secret would be the right move. Trust can be built quite quickly if one is willing to take risks.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

While noting due deference, or at least the best etiquette her film and espionage careers had instilled in her, Patsy made herself as comfortable as appropriate in the Majestrix' quarters, removing her cowl and cape.

"I do so apologize for harming your guardians, Majestrix. They are valiant warriors, and I hope the skirmish hasn't soured relations between them and my traveling companions. I am glad wisdom and diplomacy won out.

Speaking of which, I am... unfortunately unfamiliar with the menace they call 'The Hulk'. My comrades, and our mutual associates aboard the Starjammer, offered me little by way of details. They offered varying accounts of his strength, his puissance, and the wars he has waged on various planets. For my part, I have fought several such tyrants and warlords, but I am told the fight against the Hulk is a challenge far beyond any other. What can you tell me of the enemy? What makes him such a terror?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Patsy doubted very much that this Hulk was unkillable. Nothing purported to be indestructible ever proved to be. Not if she had a say in things. But she held her tongue on the matter, reasoning that his strength was still clearly formidable enough to frighten her cohorts from across multiple worlds. Subtlety then seemed best. Like the sort the Hulk had employed in usurping the throne...

"Your sister, Majestrix? She has betrayed you to become ally or... consort to the Hulk? What can you tell me about her?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"I understand. And while I have no desire to aggrieve you, Majestrix, I need more details. About Deathbird, about the Hulk, about your people and your customs, and about your home and technology. I have the inklings of a plot in mind. Infiltration is a speciality of mine..."

I'm going to try and put together an Covert Resource "Shi'ar Culture Crash Course." I'd like to trade one XP for one PP, which I will then spend on the resource. Since I'm apparently only an Expert, and not a Master, as I thought I remembered, it'd be a d6 resource. Book says it lasts until the next action scene, but my aim is to infiltrate ahead of the rest of the team. To become a spy in the Hulk's court, if possible.

XP -1 = 10 XP Total
PP+/- 1 = No change

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 10 XP, d6 mental stress, "Shi'ar Culture Crash Course" resource D6

"I need your trust, and the trust of one of your still-loyal subjects. Someone significant. Someone the Hulk would open his doors to receive personally. I have a plan!"

Of course, it was less a plan, than it was a plan to make a plan. From the sound of things, the Shi'ar empire was overstretched, even before the latest coup. The Hulk's seeming invulnerability was the only real hitch, but if she could get her allies close enough to find the perfect moment to launch an ambush, she was confident they could outmaneuver him. Make him trip up, or trap him somehow. It would be just like the time she and Agent Carter stole the Nazi's experimental "Iron Eagle" bomber to escape from Poland, only this time, she didn't have to play the captured enemy agent. Lousy reichsmarks always land tails up...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 10 XP, d6 mental stress

A cold silence passed between the exiled Majestrix of the Shi'ar and the Princess of Oz, their eyes widening in unison, first with shock at the enemy communication lingerin in their ears, and then with FURY as the sounds of battle started up.

Dropping her well-mannered pretenses, Patsy donned her cowl, and chambered a round in her .45 "I don't know if you're much for a fight, but I'm a real killer diller. Those bandits aren't taking this boat, if I have to give them all the deep six myself!" as she stepped through the doorway, she glanced back at the regal bird-woman, and with a reassuring nod added "Grab some cover. I'll be back."

-----
Heading in the direction of the action. I'll wait to act until people on the scene have a chance.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 10 XP, d6 mental stress

"Jeepers!" Fury shouted, stumbling as an explosion farther ahead sent a shiver through the ship, accompanied by the odd but familiar sensation of being sucked toward a ruptured fuselage. Stabilizing mid stride, she rounded the next bend to see the stunned onlookers of the blast shaking off their shock. All but one; a dame in tassels, packing a powerful heater and looking a little too chipper about the hubbub. Nothing a slug or two couldn't square.

Shoot to disarm: pool is Solo d10, Regular Hellcat d8, World War Weapons d6, Combat Expert d8; 1d10+2d8+1d6 = (1)+(7)+(1)+(4) and two opportunities.
Oof. 11 total with a d4 effect against the Shi'ar weaponry die.
Tagging the Shi'ar mob.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 10 XP, d6 mental stress

Miss Fury empties her magazine at the space-faring nemesis as she swiftly ejects herself from the breech in the hull, along with half the combatants: the friendly half. With slapstick now blocking the hole, the remaining foes are quick to return fire. Blasts of energy erupt all around her, as she quickly rolls back into cover. Quickly, but not quickly enough according to the fresh burning pain in her ribs. She grits her teeth, as she slams another magazine into her trusty pistol. "At least they're all focused on me..." she thought.

Action Roll! Pool is Buddy d8, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me at d4 for bonus PP, Enhanced Speed d8, and Combat Expert d8 = (4+3+4)+(1) with one more opportunity.
Total is a paltry 7, with an effect of d8, so at least I don't think the stress steps up?
+1 plot point = 3 total.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

4 PP, 10 XP, d6 mental stress, physical stress D8

Bayeux, Normandy, June 6th, 1944

Patsy had been fighting for three days straight, from the moment the OSS had dropped her, the Blonde Phantom, and Black Widow as one of the Jedburgh teams. Plan Jaune: cut off the head and watch the body die.

The mission was succeeding, as far as anyone could tell. Resistance cells were linking up and fighting alongside Paratroopers, and the likes of her, to clear the support structures of the German defenses. Command posts dotting the city were falling like dominoes, at least until they'd reached the SS Field HQ.

As Patsy covered around a corner with a fresh shrapnel wound in her side, she knew the situation was bad. Phantom was out in the open, and resistance fighters lay dead and wounded in the hallway around them. There was no time to think. If Fritz got a chance to reload, this ambush was curtains for all of them...

Without hesitating, Patsy stepped out from her cover, leveled her pistol, and...

...put as many rounds through as many skulls in as short a period of time possible. Pool is Buddy d8, Regular Hellcat d8, Enhanced Reflexes stepped up and doubled with Miraculous Mantle 2d10, Combat Expert d8, World War Weapons (invoked for a plot point, and combined with) my own Mental Stress for a d8 (using Focus) (2+8+1)+(5+4) = 13 (and spending another pp for an extra effect die) effects of d10 and d8 for physical stress. 2 opportunities.
Mental stress steps up to d8.
PP -3 = 1 remaining.
Tagging Blonde Phantom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 13 XP, d8 mental stress, d8 physical stress

Snapping to the present, or future as it was, Patsy rose to her feet more incensed than she was confused.

"The Devil and Tom Walker, Mr. Bender! If the powers that be had this kind of responsiveness before things went sideways, we wouldn't be in this mess!" she marched toward the goofy little custodian as she spoke.

Part of her wanted to slap the impish nuisance until he had some straight answers, like he was any old stool pigeon for the mob. Part of her wanted to put a bullet in his head. But insubordination was a one-way ticket back to the family townhouse, with a blown cover identity to boot. Mother would never let her live it down. She could (but chose not to) imagine herself forced to parade on stage as America's all-singing all-dancing favorite femme fatale.

*sigh* "Can you tell us at least if there's time to complete our mission here? I've made a promise. We all have. I know it's not what we're meant to be doing, but I mean to see this caper through to the end if it's possible to stop another power-mad tyrant's atrocities. Do we have time to stop the Hulk?"