Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Post
  • Reply
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Ooookay. Well, not dead was a thing. An unexpected thing, but a thing nonetheless. Peter looked up, rather, well confused. But he was guessing that was probably only natural. Assuming anything was natural, wherever here was.

More to the point, it appeared that somehow, his glider made it to wherever unfinished blank spot was despite him pretty distinctly remembering falling off it in his toussle with Harry. Yet there it was hovering up above him. He tapped the button on his belt so it came to and hopped aboard, giving it an appreciative tap to which it answered with a dull THUNK THUNK!

"Well, at least there's A familiar face." He joked to himself and then launched into the air...or whatever it was, to get a look at what was going on. There looked like a guy in a trenchcoat and a decidedly not Felicia looking woman in a catsuit arguing with each other and...a cartoon. Well, that was something, anyway.

Maybe he WAS dead, after all. But if he was he might as well meet the residents of the afterlife. He sat unceremoniously on his glider as it hovered down to about ten or so feet above everybody else arguing and inclined his head.

"So uh, scuze me folks, but, seems I might have made a wrong turn at Albequerque. Anybody know the way back to Brooklyn? I am really, REALLY late for a hot date."




quote:

Green Goblin (Peter Parker, Secret)

Affiliations Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions:
A Monster Hides Within
Wisecracker
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

GOBLIN AUGMENTATIONS

Enhanced Durability d8 Superhuman Strength d10
Superhuman Stamina d10 Enhanced Reflexes d8

SFX: Genius. Spend a power point to step up a Tech Master or Science Master stunt or resource and recover mental or emotional stress.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Goblin Augmentations power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Goblin Augmentations power by +1 for this action.
SFX: Seething Rage. Step up or double any Goblin Augmentations power for one action. If the action fails, add the power die to the doom pool.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Goblin Augmentation power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

GOBLIN ARSENAL

Electrical Blast d8 Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Durability d10 Weapons d8

SFX: Pumpkin Bombs. When using Weapons to inflict an Obscuring complication on a target, add a d6 and step up Weapons die.
SFX: Goblin Tracer. Spend 1 PP or use an effect die to create a Traced complication for a target. You may track that target anywhere until the complication is removed.
SFX: Stun Grenades. Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when inflicting a Stunned complication on a target.
Limit: Limited Ammunition. Shutdown any Goblin Arsenal power and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Specialties:
Acrobatics Expert d8 Business Expert d8
Combat Expert d8 Psych Expert d8
Science Master d10 Tech Master d10

Milestones:
A CURE, OR A CALAMITY?
1xp When you use humor to cover up your anger and rage
3xp When you find something new that you think might lead to a breakthrough
10xp When you find a way to modify the Goblin Serum so that you are cured, or you gain great power at the cost of even greater rage

DEADLY FOES OF THE GREEN GOBLIN
1xp When you declare a villain as an old foe.
3xp When you take trauma from your chosen foe.
10xp When you forgive your chosen foe, or they beg for your forgiveness and you refuse them.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Well, the cartoon is talking to him. So, he's either dead or crazy.

Or both. It's a workable both, though.

"Ok, if no one else sees the cartoon girl, let me know and I'll adjust my amount of talking to it, but uh..." He turns his head towards the aforementioned cartoon girl directly. "What is a 'Spidey', exactly?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:09

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Maybe he had a concussion? Maybe the cartoon had a concussion! Wait, could cartoon girls get concussions?

"I...don't know what a Spiderman is - what about my outfit makes you think "spider"? Did I get some of Venom's on me?" He glances down at his costume - nope, doesn't look like it. "I'm how I'm always supposed to look unless your uh...eyes...work differently than a person's do. Maybe that's it. Do I have extra arms or something?" He pauses for a second. He didn't recognize any of these other people, definitely not the cartoon but not the other ones either. Wait a second, something wasn't adding up, even assuming he was concussed, crazy, or dead.

"...don't tell me you've never heard of the Green Goblin?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:09

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Ok, now it's two people with itchy trigger fingers. One who...Peter was pretty sure was that X-Man (woman) Domino? Only she was pointing a bow and arrow at him!

Him, of all people! The Green Goblin! Who would've thunk it?

He holds his hands up in a submissive posture. He didn't seem particularly worried though. Thanks to his outfit being a UMF/Vibranium weave. Unless they were exploding trick arrows or something. Concussions still hurt.

Peter was pretty sure he had a concussion, by this point, because he kept thinking about it.

"Ok, hey there, Domino. Let's not be too hasty, huh? We are all pretty much on the same page. I mean, in the "What the heck is going on here?" way, not the "Where are 'Fury' and 'Rogers?'" way. To be specific." He smirks, underneath his mask. "Though, if the cartoon girl wasn't a giveaway, I'm willing to bet most, if not all, of us, have a little something special that would probably make pointing arrows, or guns" he adds, throwing the woman in the cat outfit a look for a second "a sort of bad idea. But that's just me."

Something that blonde girl said, the one who looked a lot like his high-school crush Gwen Stacy except in less pants, made Peter pause once his mind had a second to catch up to his mouth.

"Interdimensional, huh? That would explain why at least a few of you seem familiar but...not." He pauses another second. "But why would you say that? I mean, it's not a bad logical leap but...do you know something about this whole...thing?" She had also said something about exposition coming up which, Peter figures was sort of how these things tended to go, but still, it made his head itch in a way that made him uncomfortable. Peter didn't like uncomfortable head itchiness.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

"Bad guy?!" Peter scratches the back of his head. "Me? Your universe is pretty...messed up. If I say so myself."

He takes a glance at everyone else, frowning a bit that Domino still had a bow trained on everyone else. "Maybe you should put the pointy pointy shooty shooty down before someone gets a nasty cut, huh Domino?"

Ah, finally the guy speaks. And he seemed to know what was up, too. And...that wasn't good.

"Now...wait just a second. If you're saying we were supposed to be dead but now we're not - that means we can get back home, right? I don't know about the rest of you, but I sort of have a person to worry about back there. So what'll it take to make that happen?"

Seemed like introductions were just about done, but. "Excuse me, with a name like Elijah Snow I figured you probably just didn't...need an alter ego. You're one of those guys who's got a name that's already a superhero name. Like Dr. Strange!"

Looking for confirmation, Peter glances around at everyone else. "You guys all uh...know about Dr. Strange, right? Sorcerer Supreme, leader of the Defenders - well, maybe not in your worlds. Man, this is hard keeping track of."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

"Yeah, uh, 2018 actually?" Peter responds to Snow's question. "What...are you telling me we have some temporal goof ups as well? I mean, I guess it makes sense since different dimensions wouldn't necessarily vibrate at the same speed, but still that's pretty..."

At Domino's, no wait Bullseye's (who, as far as Peter recalled, was a guy who killed one of Oscorp's attorneys while Peter was trying to take down the Kingpin WITHOUT the armor a couple years back) words though, he paused.

"Uh, Captain Rogers was a superhero from around the WW2 era. And from all accounts a pretty decent guy. He broke up Hydra back at the end of the war. In fact a lot of bio-research from my world is based on the back of the serum that gave him his powers." Peter adds helpfully, neglecting to mention his own research that caused HIS powers was also based on that serum. "Also what the heck is a 'Global Stalemate War' and why does it sound so depressing?"

He glanced at the Dracula comment coming from the apparently glowing woman who had appeared staring off into the middle distance by herself. "Uh...hi, there. It's pretty freaky up there, I think I was thinking I had a concussion, at first. Probably best not to stare at it. I think we're figuring out our next move if you want to join the rest of the class?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0


Ok, weird little...gremlin janitor.

Going back to thinking he was dead or concussed, especially when the guy jumps up onto his glider and gives him a noogie, Peter frowns under his mask. Bullseye asks the question he was going to, luckily, and when this Bender character responded in a rather blase fashion the Goblin harumphed and stood up.

"So, are you the one who picked us, then? A janitor to sweep up the interdimensional garbage, is it?" He pauses. If what the little man said was true than everyone back home might think he already WAS dead.

"In theory, I'm in, but what reassurances do we have that everything's ok back home. Sounds like the rest of you had some pretty apocalyptic things going on before here, with your magic portals and space draculas, but I was just trying to save my...er, teammate. I'd like to make sure she's alright, that my city, my world, is alright, before I go around trying to save everybody else's."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Hmm.

Bender was pretty obviously riling everyone up. Maybe trying to throw everyone off their game to keep them off balance? It sort of worked, too, Snow and that Starband girl were definitely at each other's throats, at least a little. At least that Miss Fury woman was looking sort of chill.

"So, who can teleport? Probably best not to lead into potentially hostile situations all pukey. I could probably rig up the glider to do it, given time, but I doubt we have that right now." He offers for a moment, then continues. "Also, Bender, the Tallus, does it do comms or is it just an info dump on the locale? Can we talk to you via it? Do you talk to us? Do you get to hear what we're doing or anything or are we going into this more or less blind except for what amounts to an Almanac?"

Internally, Peter didn't trust this guy one bit. People who said things like 'you hero types' never counted themselves as one, which means Bender didn't see Peter or the others as equals, just as tools. That much was obvious though. He'd want to have a chat with everyone, but not here and not now. Like it or not they had all basically been conscripted, but one could rebel if one was given time and opportunity. Peter didn't know if that was necessary, yet. But best to be sure if one could be.

Peter hopped off his glider and reached into one of his pouches, then handed Miss Fury half of what he pulled out. A ham sandwich - he had packed it earlier today. He lifted up the bottom of his mask and took a bite into the other half. "Assuming we get a teleporter best not to go into these things on an empty stomach. And if we don't, I'd rather puke up food than an empty stomach."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Shunned by Ms. Fury, Peter spares Bender what he hopes came across as a withering look for a moment before he reluctantly hands him the other half of the sandwich.

"Well, if you've got a thing that does what we need without the puking, I'd say you're the best equipped to handle the gawdy jewelry, Ms. Poole. I'm personally more used to mental trauma than nausea at this point in my illustrious career, anyway." He pauses a beat. "That was a joke, of course." Mostly.

Finishing the last mouthful of sandwich, the Goblin continues with his mouth only like, a third full. " I think that just leaves Dom...er...Bullseye, Slapstick, and uh...Starband, was it? Anyone have any objections to us giving the Tallus whatzit to her?" He points at Gwenpool with a smirk, before he pulls the mask down over the rest of his face.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Nexus of all Realities
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Between Bullseye and Gwenpool, Peter was going to have a talk with the team about not letting the person who you suspect to be your enemy know you suspect them to be your enemy - also about letting the people you suspect to be your enemy underestimate you.

Of course, Peter tended to do that with just about everyone anyway, but this group was going to HAVE to be confidantes, anyway. At least he knew they were all equally screwed. So that made everyone reliable to a point. Except Bender.

He hops back up on his glider, after catching the credit card and shoving it and the crystal into a pouch, and brings it into a low hover. It had come with him through the whole inevitable death turned into bad 80s Sci-Fi series thing, but he didn't want to risk it through the first leap. Building a new glider to his specifications was never easy and who would know if this other dimension would even have things like arc reactors, vibranium, or adamantium?

Which reminded the Goblin to be stingy with his ammo - he didn't have his workshops to re-equip himself. Priority one would be establishing a foreword base, clearly.

"Ok, well, everyone ready to go then? Everyone used the bathroom and gotten a snack? I don't want to have to stop once we start."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 03:11

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

"Huh...that was...something." Is Peter's first response to the trip, surprisingly lengthy as it was.

Peter HAD teleported before, when you're on a team with Dr. Strange, it was bound to come up. Of course The Sorcerer's methods weren't precisely immediate, either, but you could normally kind of see the destination point based upon where he started.

That whole thing was...odd. And if nothing else Peter would've been a bit put off by that, but the locals' reactions to seeing the group appear was even more unusual. Screaming, shouting, a couple 'woah, cool's, all expected. Not...forced ignorance. That was a little much.

"Uh so...up or down on the glider, then? You want me to scout us out? Find a place to park ourselves for a second?" He still had some stuff he wanted to bring up about Bender but obviously plan A is still establish a beachhead no matter what.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 18, 2018 around 03:25

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Following the crowd (of metahumans that he was jumping through dimensions with), Peter pressed a button on his belt and his glider...folded slightly, affixing itself to his back like a backpack. The wings sheathed themselves somewhat, such that the Goblin would fit through (most) doors with his ride intact.

Sparing a glance back at the street as they ducked into an alleyway, Peter spoke up again. "So, uh, Ms. Pool - any hints as to what we're supposed to be doing then? That whoozamawhatsit is supposed to fill us in on what the mission is, right?"

He pauses for a second, and then continues. "Because once that's settled, I kind of want to run something by everybody, if we have a second." Obviously not RIGHT THIS MOMENT, since they were kind of exposed and clearly that was bad, but still.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Oh great, everyone was doing the unmasking thing already. Peter sighed. Luckily, the glider contained an emergency suit in case he had a board meeting in-between heroics. This still looked like New York, and was, judging by Gwen's recitation of the Tallus update. Which meant businessmen weren't really that far out of place. Businessmen with weird metal backpacks, sure, but details, details.

Of course, the suit kind of...tumbled out onto the ground as Peter pressed the button, as the glider was currently stowed on his back, which made Peter sigh. "I mean, I normally don't do The Great Unveiling before the like, fourth date. But running off the assumption that this 'Spider-Man' guy Slapstick was talking about isn't that different than me, I'm guessing it's probably not much of a leap...ugh, don't tell Black Cat I did this, it took her a while to get me to unmask."

He pulls the mask off his face and runs a hand through his hair. No time to really do any hair maintenance so he'd have to go with a "tousled" look. Of course, the face behind the mask was renowned futurist and CEO, Peter Parker, but whether or not that meant anything to anyone else was really anybody's guess.

"So, uh...do we do privacy veils here or is everyone just gonna close their eyes and hope?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 19, 2018 around 08:22

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0


"Sheesh, Kilgrave!?"That was quite a pop quiz for the first time out. Peter remembered when the Defenders had to take care of him, it took himself and Dr. McCoy coming up with with an adrenal blocker to counter his mental hold over everybody else. Having to fight Dr. Strange, Cloak, Dagger, Black Cat, AND Daredevil with just himself and his gray-furred buddy to administer the antidote was NOT a fun time, either.

Of course, Ms. Pool's reaction to "meeting" the real him was sort of off-putting, though not entirely unanticipated. He figured she was probably a little too young to be excited about a CEO but, eh.

Of course, between himself and Miss Fury apparently being some sort of starlet that Snow was excited about, Peter had another thought.

"Ok, follow up question - does this world have a me or uh, her?" He asks, pointing at the redhead. "Because if so we might have eyes on us anyway, yeah? Is anyone else a celebrity at all in your own universes?"

At least with the cartoon girl going off to scout everyone else had some time to talk - though not a lot given the fact that The Purple Man was apparently THE PRESIDENT? No wonder it was an assassination order the first time out - still, there was something Peter definitely wanted to bring up.

"Our little janitor friend isn't listening in or anything that you can tell, is he Ms. Pool?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

"Right, uh...well, two plans really, a right now plan and an eventually plan..."

He shrugs. "For right now, plan is scope out the place. If myself, or Miss Fury, or any of the rest of you are celebrities - that's our in. I mean, hypothetically, assuming this is still New York, if I'm still the President and CEO of Oscorp - if there is an Oscorp, or if Miss Fury is still some sort of Hollywood starlet...

well anyway, if two of us, at least, are celebrities - then, assuming Kilgrave is still, you know, Kilgrave, then he'll want to be a sort of...center of attention type, yeah? Well, if there's some new hot celebrity couple? Gives him something to obsess over, at least. I mean, if he's like The Purple Man I know, then he's probably already bored with all the power he has. Being NOT the focus of a media blitz is going to probably draw him out." The Goblin shrugs. "Anyway, that's the beginnings of the plan, there. That wasn't the one I was like really thinking about, though."

He pauses and stares at the Tallus for a moment. "I'd like to reverse engineer that, if we get any sort of downtime. The reason being, I don't trust our friend back on the Rainbow Road - anyone who says "you hero types" isn't, which means we're not his friends no matter what he's trying to pull. So I'd like to know what he's actually playing at, and for whom, if possible. I know that seems...far fetched, but I bet if we can actually figure out that fancy jewelry there, we can find our own way back to the place we met, and from there? Well, we can get some real answers.

I mean, unless I misread everyone and we're really all ok with that dude, anyway." He avoids saying Bender's name - you know, just in case.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0


"erh, well, that is..." Peter kind of stammers at Miss Fury's (obviously false) flirtatiousness. Mostly out of reflex. He was happily married!

"Right, cell phones. I've got one of those. Assuming this works Miss, uh...what is your actual name anyway? I should probably figure that out if we're supposed to be a hot Hollywood item but uh, the thing with other dimensions is they don't all move at the same rate or well, consistency, anyway, right? I mean theoretically. So maybe in your world it's the 1940s, but in another one it's like 2018 and you've already fought The Purple Man once and you like, dye your hair blonde or are friends with a drunk detective or something ridiculous like that."

He pauses again. Getting off on a tangent again. "Anywho, some basic heads up. These are cell phones." He pulls his out of his hoodie pocket and waggles it for a moment. "They're telephones only mobile, and also like, miniature computers. Uh...are you familiar with computers? Probably not super familiar but who knows? We'll probably have to get you one for the sake of the ruse. Super useful anyway, but maybe not in your home reality if the infrastructure isn't there. Uhm, other stuff. Internet, or interwebs, as Ms. Pool called it - it's like a giant online...repository for...everything. Information, entertainment, games...uh, yeah.

Mostly people use it for cat pictures and porn, though. Well most people. The internet is on cell phones, too." He stops for a second. "Is this too much?" It was maybe too much. It was hard not to be a big tech geek when one was, well, already a big tech geek, though.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 05:41

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Ugh. Lots of jabber, not a lot of forward momentum. Peter supposed it couldn't be helped. He picked up his suit from the ground and brushed it off, then proceeded to put it on over his costume.

It was armored, it wouldn't do to have Starband just change it - UMF and Vibranium alloy was expensive and he definitely didn't have the tools to make another suit now!

After stuffing his mask, hoodie, and gloves back into the glider and making sure his Shock-gauntlets were properly covered, he turned back to the rest of the group, fixing his tie, a somewhat rumpled but definitely high-end businessman.

"Got the whole 'costume under suit' thing from old movies. Do we have anything yet?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

What...the...
krk...!
Peter thought that obviously this whole Spider-Man persona was a bad idea, and clearly outdated. Though, obviously, if this world's Parker was that far past his prime it stood to reason that there was a fair chance even Kilgrave could beat him. Public execution, though? Preposterous!

kr...krrrk!

And that Slapstick was back and well, making some sort of obtuse pun. Still, it was enough to snap Peter out of the state he hadn't realized he was in, which was resulting in him slowly crushing his phone.

As of now it was still working, so that was something. But the nasty crack in the screen would have to get fixed. Later. For now he stowed it back in his pants pocket again.

"Ok, that's enough internet for now." He smirked. "Seems like my plan isn't going to fly, here. At least, not with me. Since apparently in this world I was a geriatric prisoner of the state who was put to death. S'funny. I get the sense this Spider-Man guy isn't too lucky. At least if they're all like that one."

Shaking the last of the cobwebs off, he glanced over at the cartoon girl, again. "What...do you mean by that? Some sort of propaganda station? You wouldn't think Kilgrave would need to resort to something like that."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

Peter chuckles. "Your last name is Snow, you can do the whole Iceman shtick, and you got on the rest of us about having hero names?" He thinks for a second. "I am all up for causing bedlam - I'm good at it, too. Sort of a demolitions expert, on top of a computer expert, science expert, biogenetics expert, and all around genius. Not too bad in a fight either, and if we're dispensing with the stealth, pretty good with the recon too, given the glider. Oh, and about that."

He presses another button, this time on one of his concealed wrist gauntlets, and the glider folds into a steel briefcase, which he picks up.

"Our goal is to off Kilgrave, right? It always comes down to that with the Purple Man - the guy's a menace, but if I remember correctly, once he's out of the way his hold tends to stop. Now if he's got someone implanting post hypnotic suggestions on top of that, we'll need to disrupt that signal, for sure. But everything needs to be fast - the more time he has to react to whatever we're planning, the better the odds we'll end up having to go through each other. So whatever we're going to do, we should all be in place to do it at once. Blitz him, make it so he can't react. That's my thought."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"AGH!" Peter says in surprise as Gwen just...resumes existing again. Teleport effects were always weird but he was pretty sure hers' was the weirdest he had come across. Erh...probably? It was honestly sort of hard to remember the specifics.

"Totally not Spider-Man. I don't even really know what a Spider-Man is. Like, what sort of things can he even do? But I am up for a team up, especially if it involves punching someone who has the gall to call themselves Bong in the brain a few dozen times." Peter was probably exaggerating. Probably. "Are we doing this in civvies or in our special magic underoos?" He would probably feel more comfortable in the latter but eh, laziness was also good, here.

"As far as comms go, after this I think I can whip us up something. One of the reasons I'd want to take a gander at your spiffy new bracelet. But either way I can figure something out, I bet."

Glancing at the other group, Peter raises an eyebrow. "Just remember, take out the Purple Man at a distance, if you can. I mean, if he's like the Purple Man I fought. I know common hero code means we let the villains monologue but - Not. Him."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 23, 2018 around 02:45

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 1 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Well yeah I've got one, I'm mostly just wearing it under my suit, here. The rest is in the ol' glider-suitcase." He hefts it and points to it.

"Catchy Goblin tunes? Yeah there's a few, most kind of go in...weird directions, though. But there's this one by this punk outfit Cavaverman? It's pretty good. Here, lemme load it up." He fishes out his cell phone...and gets an idea while he does so.

"Actually, this gives me an idea. Bong's all about hypnosis and whatnot apparently, right? Well, I bet if we have a couple seconds in transit besides the obvious costuming thing, I can jury rig something on my glider to give him a bunch of auditory chaff, kind of bolster our chances to not end up in a cliche fight with each other. Do you think we'd have enough time for that?" He asks Gwen, but doesn't really give her enough time to answer right away before pressing play.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Woah."

The first ride in through Gwen's teleport was trippy, yeah. But things were a whole new level of strange now that they were lingering in-between, as it were. "You called this...The Gutter, right?"

It wasn't that Peter was intending to be distracted (though of course that's how these things always went), it's just that scientific curiosity was getting the better of him. Just for a second. "What is it, some sort of pocket dimension like the Microverse?" Knowledge was power, as they said. And this could be potentially useful knowledge especially if they were going to go up against Bender or whatever later. Obviously, the suggestion that he lived in a comic book was absurd. But he'd entertain it, for a second. "So...the multiverse is a comic strip? That doesn't really fit with any of the known models but I suppose anything's possible, right? Better than it being a drat holographic simulation, anyway. Are there writers and all that, too? Or is that like, 'God' or whatever?"

He kept talking as he stripped out of his suit, revealing his green armored costume underneath and tapped a button on the underside of his shock gauntlets, which let his glider fold out of suitcase shape and back into it's normal hovering batwings shape. "I only ask because you seem to have a fair amount of knowledge about...everything. It's not that I don't trust you, because well let's be honest none of us really have any reason to trust each other besides we're all stuck in the same circumstance...except maybe Snow who's considering it to be a choice." He says this last bit with both a seen and heard certain amount of a sarcastic smirk.

"But I do trust you as far as that's all concerned, anyway. Anyway, the reason I ask is...I've never seen anything like this, even heard of anything like this." He stoops and collects his hoodie, gloves, and mask from inside the storage compartment on his glider and puts that all back on. "And, I'm on a team with Dr. Strange AND Cloak - I've seen some weird dimensions." He clearly gets to work even as he keeps talking, opening up a slider near the head of his glider to reveal a keyboard and small screen on the back of the latch where he starts typing in code - actually two separate codes, if Gwen could follow the completely ridiculous scripts that Peter was taking down at an incredibly rapid pace.

"And...you remind me a LOT of this girl I liked back in high school, her name was Gwen too, actually. Gwen Stacy though, she was the daughter of the old police captain if I remember correctly. I think mostly because you look like how I'd guess she probably looks or would have looked at your age. I haven't seen her in years though - I wonder how she's doing?" More typing, Gwen realizes, maybe after that last comment but maybe the whole time, that his left hand was slamming the keys a fair bit more heavily than the right - almost like his left hand was mad about something. He pauses with his left hand for a second, and Gwen realizes he's typing one code with one hand each, and clearly not really making many mistakes. Probably a result of the serum matched with his own intellect.

"But, you seem a little confused about my circumstances in particular - I suppose that's sort of flattering. Makes me feel unique. Despite there being other Peter Parkers out there." The left hand resumes typing. The right hand stops. Then the left hand stops again, a few seconds later. He sticks his cell phone into a port on the side of his glider and it makes a happy little "ba-dink" noise as it connects to the glider's systems.

"There we go!" He says a few seconds later, and his left hand snaps it's fingers in frustration. "That other bit's going to be a minute though, but should be good before things get too bad, I think."

Buddy d6, A Monster Hides Within d8, Enhanced Reflexes d10 (Stepped up due to Seething Rage), and Tech Master d10. = (5+7)+(2)+(4) = 18. So that's a 12 with a d8 to create a "Punk Chaff Noise Disruption" asset. I'll spend my PP to make it last the scene.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 24, 2018 around 04:54

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: Some sort of weird downtown Inception scene?
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Sure!" He says as he hops up on the glider and the arc reactors powering it start up the hover - Gwen could swear the thing almost sounded happy to be used again for it's intended purpose. He offers his hand in response. "But...why walk when we can fly?" He offers. Clearly there was roughly enough space for two people on this Green Goblin's ride.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Woah, okay then!" Ignoring the logistics of why a mind controlled populace would need armed guards for a moment, Peter suddenly arcs the glider away from the hail of bullets as they come raining down on his passenger. Well, raining up anyway.

Peter figured the exposed legs thing about her costume would turn out to be trouble, after all. Still, he figured the whole shooting at superheroes thing wasn't really those people's fault - clearly Kilgrave and his lackies had them programmed for such a response just in case. He hated just in case things. But more importantly, he hated guns! Sure his suit was designed to be bulletproof (among other things) and the Goblin serum had done plenty to make him at least bullet resistant, but when any psycho could get his hands on a rifle and blow people away...it was a vile thing. Still, it couldn't be helped. Reaching into one of his pouches with one hand, The Goblin pulls out a handfull of multicolored marbles and pivots the glider back towards the crowd.

"Didn't like that product folks? Well that's ok because we're not done yet! This next one's an old hit - You know 'em! You love 'em! Pumpkin Bombs!" He announces as he tosses the marbles into the waiting crowd below. They expand outward as they tumble through the air, and it becomes obvious both that A: they've got some sort of glowing gas inside them and B: there's little jack-o-lantern faces etched into the front of them.

As they land, the bombs let out a pre-recorded " ha!ha!ha!" and then a "PAF!" noise as they pop, releasing streams of multicolored gas that quickly expand into plumes. The Goblin seems to have no problem navigating through them but the gas was thick and cloying - perfect for obscuring his flight to any would-be shooters.

ok, Buddy d6, Superhuman Strength d10 (doubled due to Seething Rage), Weapons d10 (stepped up due to Pumpkin Bombs) which also adds a d6, and Combat Expert d8 to create an 'Obscuring' complication for the gun-happy crowd below.

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d6+3d10+1d8 Pumpkin Bombs = (2+1)+(2+8+4)+(5) = 22

Er, edit. Need to add a distinction - Wisecracker at a d8

@LifeGetsWorser: 1d8 adding Wisecracker! = (3) = 3

Eh, no difference.

Equals a 13 with a d10 effect die and one opportunity. I will pass things off to Dr. Bong.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 28, 2018 around 15:37

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 2 XP: 1 Stress: 0

"Nuh-uh! Bad touch, bad touch!" Peter shrieks in false alarm as the Controller reaches out for him, putting himself and his glider into a corkscrew as Gwen hops off, trying to angle his metallic ride between himself and the guy with the grubby grabby mind controllery hand parts. "I know you guys all have an excuse, but, once this is solved you're all going to need SO many consent courses! I'd put stock in HR firms if I were you, I bet you'll make a killing!"

ok, so d6 buddy, d4 wisecracker + a PP, d8 enhanced reflexes, subsonic flight, and acrobatics expert.

@LifeGetsWorser: 1d6 + 1d4 + 3d8 dodging the controller = (5)+(2)+(1+3+8) = 19

So that's a 13 with a d8 and 1 opportunity to dodge the Controller so, no thanks, sir!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 03:47

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 2 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

"Listen, I get I'm pretty, but maybe you didn't hear me, creepo - No means NO!" The Goblin snarls as the Controller invades his glider and gets all grabby again.

Reaction first! Buddy d6, A Monster Hides Within d8, Enhanced Reflexes d10 (Stepped up due to Seething Rage again), Subsonic Flight d8, and Acrobatics Expert d8

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d8 +1d6+1d10 dodging the Controller (again) = (5+1+2)+(1)+(5) = 14

Aaaand the dice hate me. 2 opportunities, a 10 with a d8 is the best I can muster so, Complication away. Also get another d10 for the doom pool from Seething Rage backfiring yet again. grumble grumble.


Something goes snap in the back of the Goblin's head, and another part of his head is having no truck with that, so with a rather inarticulate snarl and a flick of his wrists as his arms are grabbed, the gauntlets flare to life with a sound not unlike a crash cart being charged - and then a rather high voltage of electricity stream out of his arms and into the Controller's.

KNOCK. IT. OFF!" He shouts, grabbing the other man's wrists with his twisted hands and holding him fast there. An electrocuted into submission mind-controller can't offer any commands, now can he?

Ok, so let's electrocute this jerk. 1d6 Buddy, 1d8 A Monster Hides Within, 2d10 Superhuman Strength (Seething Rage again), 1d8 Electrical Blast, and 1d8 Combat Expert

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d8+2d10+1d6 Electrocuting the Controller = (2+2+3)+(1+6)+(4) = 18

Dice still hate me. 1 more opportunity. Spending a PP, make it a 13 with a d8 to inflict some physical stress.

Dr. Bong can go.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 05:17

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 4 XP: 1 Stress: Physical d8 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

"Ok so, really getting the vibe you guys aren't liking the product catalog, here!" Peter snarks as he's shot at, twisting the glider around while he kept his enemy new friend held behind him. He really wanted to let the Controller go. Wait, that didn't seem right. "Weird how I don't want to electrocute you, huh Mustache? Anyway, how about that hail of bullets thing!? Ah-hahaha!" His head hurt. He wasn't really sure why he was laughing about this either. Was it frustration, or something else?

Ok ok. Buddy d6, d8 A Monster Hides Within, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (doubling for Seething Rage rather than stepping up, this time), d8 Subsonic Flight, d8 Acrobatics Expert.

@LifeGetsWorser: 5d8+1d6 Dodging gunfire = (2+1+3+7+3)+(3) = 19

Of course. Can't roll above a 10 ever, in the world. So instead 1 opportunity and I'll take a d8 of physical stress too, cuz why not.

Oh also get a free d8 to the Doom Pool for Seething Rage, the worst SFX.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 30, 2018 around 03:49

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 4 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

Ow.

Getting shot sort of sucked. But that's what the armored uniform was for, right? Head to toe - that way nobody nicks a vein like how you could totally blow Gwenpool's legs off with a good Pumpkin Bomb, yeah!


...wait, no. Ok, so clearly Peter's mind was being messed with. He wasn't a dummy, he could tell. And, more importantly, deal with it. And the culprit was hitching a ride on his glider.

"Listen I know the glider's some neat tech and all, but I think your mustache is scaring her. I know it's freaking me out!" Peter says as he continues to pump electricity into the Controller from his shock-gauntlets. "You might like Goblin tech, but really I think maybe it's a bit premature for an up close demonstration. So - adios!" He twists his wrists again - upping the voltage, as he swiftly raises one leg and plants his foot into the villain's torso - hard. Hard enough to knock him off the glider and tumbling into the crowd below - followed by contrails of electricity, of course.

"Your mustache sucks, by the way!" He calls after the falling form of the Controller as he tilts the glider for a new approach at the crowd.

Ok, let's roll. Buddy d6, Wisecracker d8, Superhuman Strength d12 (as I am using my Second Wind SFX to move my stress to the doom pool and stepping up the die for the action), Electrical Blast d8, and Combat Expert d8

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d8+1d12+1d6 Electric Donkey Kicking the Controller off the Glider = (8+8+7)+(4)+(1) = 28

I will spend a PP to keep an extra die, so that's a 23 with a d12 effect and one opportunity. Let's stress this doofus! Go ahead, goon mob!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at May 31, 2018 around 05:14

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 5 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

"Listen, I'm flattered you want to involve me in your kinky little whatever, but I'm not into it! Besides, I'm a married man, and my wife's expecting me home as it is...you know how it goes..." Talking through gritted teeth, the Goblin shakes his head as he suddenly jerks his glider to one side, trying to keep the Controller guessing. He could tell his kick took the wind out of the villain's sails, given the way he was favoring one side. All he needed to do was keep him off balance for another moment or two.

It was really hard to resist the urge to just rip his head off here and now, of course. That probably wasn't the mind control, though...

"Your mustache still sucks, by the way!"

Dodgy dodgy. Buddy d6, a Monster Hides Within d8, Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (Seething Rage, this is your comeback chance!), Subsonic Flight d8, Acrobatics Expert d8)

@LifeGetsWorser: 5d8+1d6 actually dodge the Controller, this time, yes? = (6+7+3+5+1)+(1) = 23

That's a 13 with a d8 effect and 2 opportunities. Stay outta my head, you weirdo!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications: Mind, Body, and Soul d6

Peter could feel the thing that The Controller had stuck on him twisting something around. He'd have to get it off, in time. In fact, he had been working the calculations for that the whole time. Well, at least part of him was, the part he didn't frequently like to admit to having.

Peter wasn't clueless about the frankly disturbing side-effect from the overdose on Goblin Serum had caused. Sure the Captain America-esque abilities were great, and coupled with his natural genius and engineering background meant he was the Green Goblin! But it was more than anger. It was a Strange Case, to borrow a term from literature. Not quite a splinter personality but...an urge. A secondary thought process that ran on darker impulses - anger, suspicion, pride - things Norman had taught him to always let go of, things Harry never could let go of, which made his brother Venom - a villain. Quite plainly, that part of him, conscious as it was, was the reason he WAS the hero he was - not just ignoring it but defying it by being selfless, self-effacing, and humble - trying to be the hero he knew his adopted father would be in his place.

When he fought his Kilgrave, fortunately Peter (along with the Beast) were able to avoid being brought under his control. However, that resulted in Peter not knowing just how...unwilling that splinter, that shard of Goblin ego...was to share. So while Peter had been struggling to fend off the Controller's mental attack, the Goblin had been calculating. It'd take more time to remove the disk entirely but, for now, a properly calculated electrical jolt would disrupt it - at least long enough for the Goblin to finish this ridiculous threat that should have never been a threat. At least he had hurt the man, which clearly was disrupting his focus. But this should never had gone on this far. No matter, it would end, and soon.

It would hurt, probably. But not as much as the beat-down he'd issue to his would-be dominar momentarily.

"I...already told you....Basil," he sneers audibly through his mask, with a voice not quite like Peter's normal sarcastic taunts. "No 'Purple Man' will ever be MY master, nor will an insignificant, broken joke like you!" He clenches his fists as electricity snakes it's way up from his shock-gauntlets to the control disk, and he grits his teeth, chuckling a bit as he does so. "The Green Goblin bows to no one!"

Let's rock!

Buddy d6, A Monster Hides Within d8, The Controller's physical stress d12, Superhuman Stamina 2d10 (doubling up with Seething Rage), Electrical Blast d8, Tech Master d10, and I am spending 2 PP here, 1 to stunt in the Tech Master, and 1 to activate my Genius SFX to step it up to another d10.

@LifeGetsWorser: 1d12+4d10+2d8+1d6 Resisting the Controller's Control. = (1)+(2+1+4+3)+(3+6)+(6) = 26

Sidekick hates me. I swear. I don't know what I did to it.

That totals a 12 with a d10 effect, but I am going to dump the rest of my PP and make it a 21 with a d10 and two opportunities, instead. Take that sidekick.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2018 around 04:24

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 1 Stress: 0 Complications:

The Controller hadn't given up yet, which was a problem, but it was a problem The Goblin was going to rectify, now.

He streaked towards the bewildered mook, arms outstretched, crackling with electricity, laser focused upon his quarry.

And then a shield came arcing up in the air, and with a sudden CLANG!, knocked the enemy out of the air and down to the earth, unconscious.

"Huh?"

The Goblin...no, Peter, skidded to a halt in mid-air again, the glider screaming in protest at the sudden breaking, as he was addressed.

That was...Captain America? He had seen the old footage but the Captain in his world had, you know, died after WW2. Peter supposed this world worked a little different.

Obviously, since, the older lady in the catsuit (yellow, though), was also pretty familiar. A Miss Fury for this world, too, it looked like? Whoever the other two were was anybody's guess. Anyway.

"Uh, yeah, sure thing." He aimed downward, towards the foursome that had busted in and busted up the cameras. At Captain Rogers' question, Peter shrugged. "Uh, that's..." ok, that's sort of a complicated question, given what Gwen had told him about how her little trick worked. "She'll catch up, she's uh..." yeah, complicated. "She's a teleporter."

Oh, that wasn't too terribly complicated, after all. Oh yeah. Peter reached up and yanked the control disk off the back of his neck. Stupid thing. He was tempted to crush it in his hands, but instead, an idea occurred to him.

Reverse engineering was a thing! He stuffed the control disk in one of his pouches. "So, it's Captain Rogers, right? That's...well, I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." He spared a glance at the be-yellowed Miss Fury, and smirked. "I'm the Green Goblin - where to?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 2 Stress: 0 Complications:

"EEEH! 0-2 I'm afraid, Miss Fury!" Peter snarks at her guesses. Apparently every universe's Miss Fury was unfamiliar with multiverses. That was a good excuse, anyway. Because really, if anybody knew about the relationship between Peter and his brother/archenemy/attempted(?) murderer, they would know NOT to joke with the Green Goblin about it. His fist clenched even as he chuckled. "I mean, assuming you're not like, actually Wade's dau-" he started to follow up to Gwen over his shoulder.

Taking an xp to cover up anger with humor for that comment

And then Hercules smashed the floor open and they all jumped down it, after Captain Rogers' pronouncement to hurry and follow. Peter shrugged and piloted the glider down into the floor hole after them. Idly, he started wondering about if the other team had managed to off Killgrave, if he and Gwen were successful in luring them out.

But, it seemed like the other team was there, too, for some reason, right below, and Captain Rogers was making a pronouncement at them, too. This one definitely hadn't retired then.

"Oh, hey, looks like you guys followed us, uh, is the Purple Man here, then? Should we try taking him out now or, something?"

Then of course, Bullseye shoved her bow into the guy who appeared to be Nick Fury cosplaying as Robin Hood's face. "Ok, so it's 'Or something', then. Can we kind of not do this now, Bullseye?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 2 Stress: 0 Complications:

Peter shakes his head in response to Snow's question. "Just the local flavor, I'm afraid." He scoffs for a moment. "Just like cats to go wandering off..." a bit of wistfulness at that. "Anyway, I should probably start pinging everyone with a tracer if we're going to keep splitting up."

He takes a look around. "So then, what'd you all get up to anyway, knocking out more poorly dressed sub-bosses? Loads of fun, innit?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 2 Stress: 0 Complications:

"Right, rescue for sure." The Goblin readily agrees as Gwenpoole states the next objective.

Luckily, Peter came with his own ride, which he gently touched down on the uh, least stinky looking piece of garbage and then hunkered down low. "This sort of takes me back to when I was first getting started. How about the rest of you?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 3 Stress: 0 Complications:

"Well, at least there's some sort of computer." Peter says with a sigh of resignation. He taps a button on his belt and the glider flips itself upside down as it approaches the ceiling and somehow parks itself there, suspended upside down like a bat. "Probably not up to The Glider's onboard, though." He adds with a shrug.

Turning to the Captain, he accepts a beer with a gracious nod and lifts up the edge of his mask before taking a sip and continuing. "So, The Tinkerer, huh? Still seems like a jerk, but at least yours is on your side. I remember having to throw him into jail more than once where I come from, though." He shrugs again, and then extends a hand to Captain Rogers. "First of all - in my world, you're a legend.
You almost single-handedly ended WW2 - my own research is based on what gave you your powers. It's an honor to meet you, sir." He smiles, and then continues. "There's a lot of differences, but what Bullseye says is right - at least what we've been told, anyway. So, assuming you're ok with a little wetwork, this time out, I think we can definitely assist each other. As a show of faith..." He pulls his mask up the rest of the way.

"As I understand it, your Peter Parker is pretty uhm...dead. Which sounds like enough reason to want to throttle Kilgrave, personally, not even counting the fact that he's got our Miss Fury. Now - you said we've given you an opportunity - does that mean you know where he is? If so, then while I appreciate the alcohol and all, I'd really rather we get started. Miss Fury's probably being tortured as we speak and that doesn't sit right with me."

1 xp for marking the Tinkerer as one of my old villains

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 3 Stress: 0 Complications:

Goblin clears his throat at...whatever is happening with Starband, Gwenpool, and Slapstick.

"Things are getting a little too...young adult novel for me over here, so, anyway..."

He wanders over to where the Tinkerer is working and smirks. "Fifteen minutes? Why, I bet we can double that!" He rolls his eyes and inclines his head over his shoulder where the uh...relationship drama is happening.

"I don't know what the deal was with your Parker, but I'm a genius! Show me what you've been working on and I'll give you a hand. And before you grouse about not needing help, you know as well as I do a fresh pair of eyes from someone else who knows what's up can help clear out the cobwebs, right?" Maybe cobwebs was the wrong term? Their Parker was a Manspider or whatever it was, anyway. He fetches the control disk out of his pouch where he had stashed it. "My thought was if I reverse-engineered this, and then produced a few more, we could maybe get everybody a bit more resistant to mental coercion. In my reality, we used bio-chemicals to counteract Kilgrave's power, but obviously this is more of an engineering lab and that's Dr. McCoy's specialty, at any rate. Not to say I don't know the ins and outs of genetic manipulation, but...I've always been an engineer at heart. You too, I gather."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2018 around 15:41

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 3 Stress: 0 Complications:

"Woah! Hey!" Peter juggled the solder for a moment or two before getting a firm grip on it. He was about to snark at the old man too - this wasn't exactly Papa Osborn's tender and patient tutelage, obviously. And the Green Goblin had indeed taken on his universe's Tinkerer more than once.

But, then he noticed Mason's hands shaking, and the joke died in his throat. Instead he simply nodded, and got to work. "Sure thing." He said with a smile and found a stool to perch on, and got to work. And he was good at that work, too. Nimble fingers and steady hands, here. The Goblin serum made sure of that. Even perched on the stool like he was, like a gargoyle, looming over it (a habit he had picked up from too many flights on the glider - sometimes Felicia had to remind him to sit like a normal person, back home).

Peter had never experienced anything like the tremors Mason was experiencing. Thanks to the Goblin serum, he probably never would, really. And his father, well, his Norman hadn't gotten the chance to either. But, Norman had explained it to a much younger Peter, many years ago, when he had asked his father why they were working on a serum that would be used for potential military purposes, and that stuck with him.

"Sure." Norman had said. "They probably will. And we are being funded by them, to a certain extent. But I'd be working on this even if it wasn't for the military applications. Maybe I'm working on it now despite those applications.

"Captain Rogers," Norman continued "was, famously, not a particularly tough customer, before the serum. He was, well, small, weak, even. And look what that serum did for him! Imagine what it could do, will do, to millions of people who are hurt, or sick - in the proper dosages it could cure all disease - heal any harm. It could be the greatest gift to humanity in any of our lifetimes. Beyond any sort of superheroes, or profit - that's why we're doing this. To help.

That's our responsibility here, Peter."


Thinking on it - Peter wondered if this world's Parker had felt the same way about why he was doing what he did - to honor his father's words. He had a responsibility to help. Even if this wasn't his world. Even if this was all a trick by Bender - even if it meant he might never see Felicia again. He could help, here and now. And that's what he was going to do.

He kept soldering.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2018 around 02:52

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 3 Stress: 0 Complications:

"Okay, then." Peter says, cracking his knuckles. "Let's get to it."

"The relative concept is simple." Peter explains to Phineas as the latter examines the control disk. "I figured it out while The Controller and his dumb space boots had it stuck to me: it disrupts the normal pathway of neurons in response to an outside order - adding a few microseconds between subconscious reactions - just enough for his ridiculous commands to try and get through." Luckily, Peter's subconsciousness wasn't exactly typical but neither the Controller nor the Tinkerer needed to know that part.

"I figure we could reverse that - speed up the mental response to intrusions - even a couple more microseconds in the other direction and it should provide a really effective buffer against unwanted outside influence. Don't know how long it'll last but hopefully it should cover a broad spectrum - either spoken commands or audio-visual hypnosis or even The Purple Man's obnoxious pheromonal-type control. Sound good?" Getting Mason's (begrudging) assent, Peter gets to work. "If we get one down we can get enough for the whole crew I figure - and give us all a measure of protection against Kilgrave's Domm-Squad." As Peter talked, his hands were a flurry of motion and he kept picking up bits, bobbles, and gadgets he figured he'd need. A lot, as it turned out. Microscopes and lathes and scalpels and tweezers and solderers and wire crimpers and some sort of hi-tech looking goggles contraptions - all in one hand! They didn't have time to be subtle, right? Miss Fury was still in trouble!

Buddy d6 (one day I will get to roll a better Affiliation die), Wisecracker d4 (I want the PP), Superhuman Strength d10, Tech Master d10, d10 for Tinkerer's assistance, and d8 for Tinkerer's Lab

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d10+1d8+1d6 +1d4 Making anti-control disks! = (9+1+1)+(8)+(1)+(4) = 24

The diceroller still hates me. That's a 17 with a d4 effect die and 3 opportunities. Luckily the PP I spent on the d4 lets me use Genius to step up the resource - so it's a d6 now.

If the opportunities get picked up, I'll spend another PP to make it last until the end of the action scene.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 3 Stress: 0 Complications:

Peter puts on the anti-Control disc and then puts his mask on over it, then pockets another one for Miss Fury, for later.

He lowly whistles in appreciation at the Electro-bot, and chuckles. "So that's Electro, huh? Taller than I remember him being."

He presses the button his belt and his glider flips down off the ceiling and parks itself in front of him, he hops on, if only to ride it to the garbage truck. Another button press as he hops off and it affixes itself to the bottom of the truck. "This is...the least dignified way to travel." He nods at Bullseye's comment. "Luckily, the mask serves as a gasmask so, I'm filtered. Sorry about the rest of you though."

The Goblin clambers in the truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"



Location: A TV Studio
PP: 0 XP: 3 Stress: 0 Complications:

Peter had gamely taken the glider into the building, which sort of worked due to the whole flight of stairs thing. Especially as Miss Fury made her dramatic re-appearance. "Ha! Classic stuff!" The Goblin says approvingly as he launches up the stairwell towards the two remaining goons. Backwards-facing metal "wing-like" wrist guards popped out of the sides of his shock-gauntlets and he dove at the last two, off of the Glider. "Hey is it just me or is this whole thing going really, really well so far? I mean for us - not for you guys." He asks the mooks as he slams into them like a green bulldozer, flinging one aside as he cracks the other across the jaw.

Ok, Team d8, Wisecracker d8, Superhuman Strength d10, Weapons d8, Combat Expert d8

@LifeGetsWorser: 4d8+1d10 attacking yon mooks = (7+8+7+2)+(1) = 25

so a 15 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity to try and take the mooks out. Assuming it doesn't quite do that, I will let Hellcat go next - just to make sure that A Patsy gets an opportunity to finish this off.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«2 »