Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Oooooooh...." Slapstick narrowed her eyes against the brightness of the light. The bridges streached out before her. She'd been to all kinds of crazy places, done all kinds of crazy things. This one... this one was new-

OH MY GOD WHO WAS THAT CUTIE OVER THERE? Slapstick's eyes stretch out of her head in excitement! Those pink highlights! They were so colourful! I couldn't help but be drawn to them. Hey, I'm mostly black and white (I mean, at the moment. My appearance shifts with whatever genre I'm in. So I get colour sometimes.)

"Hey! Highlights! What's ya name!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Neeeeh, that's my line Doc!" Slapstick says, pulling out a carrot from... somewhere...and gnawing on it. "What's the matter Spidey? Ya lose a fight with a paint tin? What's with all the green?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick's cocks an eyebrow, it moves slowly up her head until it bypasses the limit of her face and floats off into the endless void. With practised ease, she pulls out a felt tip, and colours in her missing eyebrow.

"That would be you. Ya dressed up like Spiderman, but look got sneezed on by a giant! Don't tell me I'm the only one seeing this?" she appeals to the others.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick steps between Gwen and the arrow pointed her way. The grin on her face not moving an inch. A bow and arrow, that was totally adorable!

"Gwen is right. You're all from the other places, aren't you? You're certainly not from my cannon. For one thing the Green Goblin looks... like an actual goblin." Slapstick tugs on her nose and head until it was in the right pointy hooked shape. "Also, he's the bad guys!" She bounces in place, her face resetting to the 'right' shape.

"And I certainly don't remember anyone so colourful." She said, twisting her torso around to look Gwen up and down. "Or so cute." Slapstick winks. Then she fully twists a full 360 to face back the way she started, her legs remaining exactly where they were the whole time. Her chest kinked in the middle like organs didn't even matter. "And I've no idea who you two are." She points at Fury and Elijah. So you probably didn't exist back home. Errr.... well done!" She threw a thumbs up. The disconnected hand sailing off into the void below. Slapstick didn't seem to notice.

"So, now, we're all standing in some kinda lightbridge, acting like we're all going crazy. I'd say it's probably a good idea to put the weapons down, and say hello properly! I'm Slapstick! the living cartoon girl! I was totally the most popular hero back home, so you should CLEARLY all be my friends. Eh? Ehhh?!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 1 | XP: 0

A flush of red scoots across Slapstick's otherwise colourless cheeks at Gwen's comment. "More animated then you could even k- OH HELLO THERE!"

She listens to Bender, nodding along. "Yeah, and my whole world was on the verge of vanishing into nothingness, so it's not like I've got anything to go back to. I'm down for a little rough and tumble adventure through the multiverse! Where are we going? Who are we meeting? Do you like Hammocks? Were you really killed by Dracula? Who's Steve Rogers?" The questions tumbled out of her mouth like a waterfall of quiz cards.

Because that was exactly what was happening.

With a small amount of effort, Slapstick managed to close her own jaw, halting the flow of papers. Picking on up at random and eyeing it.

"What's the deal with airline food?" She shakes her head. "Gonna have to update that one."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick

She reached out a paw slowly towards the shiny bravely. Like a magpie. Her mouth opened to declare that she would own the rock. But a splinter of sanity pestered through her head.

"Gwen. Give it to Gwen. I can teleport sure. But I'm not allowed nice things anymore. Not after... the incident..." she looked haunted for a moment and then cracked a grin. "Only kidding. But no. Seriously. Give it to Gwen." This totally wasn't an attempt to end up in the blondes good books. Well, it was. But there was at least some other reason behind it. Just lost behind the grin.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Well that's a reaction... that I'm entirely unfamiliar with! Heh he, hehe hehe.....heeee.... Let's be anywhere but here! Okay? Okay!" Slapstick said, pushing the party in the direction of anywhere but here!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Follow that girl!" Slapstick urges. Hurrying the party to follow Gwen. She knew she would be safe if the people attacked them, after all, she just needed to turn on her side, she'd be invisible! Or was it intangential? Ah whatever! She was a two dimensional person. Literally and metaphorically. And that was why here eyes were afixed firmly to Gwen's back.

But not litrally. That would just be weird.

Once in the safety of the alley. She sidled up to Gwen.

"Soooo..." She paused. "I was about to ask if you come here often, but... that would make no sense, even by my standards. So I'll ask instead. Does the do-dad know where we are? Or what this place is? I mean, I'm totally popular and have never received or seen a reaction like that ever before. But that was uhhh... concerning? I'm gonna go with concerning."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Waaa? I could totally disrobe! It be hot as hell too!" Slapstick huffs, huffly. Though she is rather distracted by Fury's face. "I... I have no idea who you are. You are pretty though. Congrats on that." Slapstick goes quiet for a moment. "I'm never not going to look out of place... So, I've not got a choice. Someone's gonna have to wear me as a scarf. I know, I know, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make." Slapstick puts a hand on her chest, casting a noble aura at their willingness to sacrifice.

"Sooo... any takers...?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"She can step outside of the world? Could she be any more wonderful?" Slapstick sighed as Gwen stepped off panel. Hey! Don't look at me like that! You have any idea how hard it is to meet people when you're a weird cartoon person? It's stupid mega hard! So someone like Gwenpool was like... getting to star in a Disney/Pixar reboot. Gwen stepped back into frame and Slapstick's eyes bulged out of her head on stalks. She pushes them back into their proper place. "Ohhh, cute look!" She said. Yeah, that was why, subtly was banned, forever and ever.

Then again, Slapstick was never exactly subtle to begin with even before she'd become a cartoon.

"You sure I can't drape myself over you?" Slapstick asked, her cheeky grin extending past the edge of her face. The door, the silence within. There was only one option for it. Scouting mission go!

"Wait here, I'll check it out!" Slapstick said, flopping down onto the ground like a snake and slithering through the open door. Sticking close to the walls edge.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Wuh oh!" Slapstick says! Rapidly letting the camera focus on the TV. Letting it focus in on the hypnotic suggestion. But when the camera was focused away from the action. That was when a toon had the most power. After all, in that space a Toon could go anywhere, like say, away from this hypno-tv and back outside. The others wouldn't even notice the sudden shift. All it would take would be for one of them to move, and Slapstick would be right back with them. A practical certainty, and an exploitable one.

- - - -

Solo 1d8 + distinction 1d8 + Teleport d6 + Superhuman Reflexes: D10 + Psych Expert D8

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:14 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d10+3d8+1d6 = (5)+(1+5+5)+(2) = 18

Spending 1 PP to add another dice to my total.

Defence roll = 15
Effect dice: D6
Opportunities: 1

- - - -

"Wow! Okay, do not go in there! The TV here sucks. As in it sucks you in. Don't watch it!"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 23:00

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"No, I mean it's hypnotic. There was a guy with a bell on his head. No idea what it was about. But it seemed like it was motion activated. Which makes total sense, because I am motion graphics!" Slapstick said proudly.

"But no, seriously, don't watch the TV. That's probably what's gotten the rest of these guys marching to the same tune."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Uhh... 'Miss Slapstick'? Wow. Umm, no one's ever called- Ah, I mean, Yes. That is a name I react to often because people are always very polite to me." Slapstick flushes. It's an oddly human reaction. But there's little time to dwell on it. As she's dragged over the the door.

"A bell? Sure! Ya wanna wave me about to?" She asked, her body starting to shift it's shape.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick would have been right in there, a flitatious little comment about what else Gwenpool might be hiding under her spandex.

But she couldn't

Because she was too busy trying to stop her head ringing.

"Ow, ow ow ow ow ow...." She muttered. Attempting to stop her heads vibration too and fro between her hands. If anything she missed nearly the entire conversation going on around her.

"Sorry, what did you call me? Slaphappy?" She asked, non-plussed. "And, wait, we have a code? Why did no one tell me about this?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick

With the ringing finally gone. Alongside the crazy cutie. Slapstick reached into the space around her. Pulling a coat and hat from somewhere! A pair of cartoony fists followed them. Attempting to take them back. "Hey, it's my turn now!" She said. Battering away at the grasping hands. They retreated. She dressed herself up in it. There was something strange about the cut. The shading. It didn't seem to match the light.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

quote:

I watched the Dame leave my office and close the door behind her.. Legs that went up to her hips, and hair that was pink as the umbrella in my pinacolada. I hated her to leave, but I loved to see her go. This was a dark city, twisted, dirty. Sick. The filth filled the street and ran through it like rats in the sewers. The stench rising from the gutters in the late afternoon light. Enough to make the bile rise. Like those cartoons in the 1920s that had some really uncomfortable portrayals of black people. I just hope she'd be all right. I ignore the hand holding with the Goose. I pulled the hat down lower over my eyes. The shadow it cast, only giving greater contrast to the shades of twilight that the city existed in. Rotten to the core.

Said Slapstick. Still standing in the alleyway with the others.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

quote:

30 Rock. A hive of the height of the corporate propaganda machine that was choking this city. Like a snake, wrapped tightly around the common man's mind. Squeezing lightly, but ever ready to coil and squish anyone who decented. This was the stuff that corruption was made of. The big holding all the power, and the little little more then bugs beneath their iron soled shoes. It's their bidding that the filth in the street goes unnoticed. They who declare guilt of innocence. They who suffocate free thought and free will under a chloroform rag of bullshit and lies.

Slapstick P.I. said as she prowled closer to the entrance. The girls following her, her ID clasped tightly in her pocket. So approached with confidence. Flash the ID badge, and said.

quote:

"Open the door guys, I'm late enough as it is, and I don't want to piss of the boss any more then he already is!" I lie smoothly. The slow witted gate guard barely seemed to glance up. His doddering heavy brow wrinkled in confusion."

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 4:03 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d10+2d8+2d6 Slapstick attempts to fool the guards. (Team d10, Distinction d8, Sorcery d6, shapeshifting d6, Psych speciality d8) = (9)+(8+7)+(5+6) = 35

Spending 1PP to add a dice to my roll

8+7+6 = 21
D10 effect dice

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick flows through the door, unchallenged. It was pretty simple really. She even managed not to monologue in her internal glee!

- - -

Tagging Miss Fury!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 0 | XP: 0

quote:

The audience were mindless. Like ants before the Queen. Worshipping at the feet of their overlords. I feel the rising need for retribution against these tyrants! I- Wow hey, wait!

Slapstick said as a pair of cartoony hands reached through a slash in the air and grabbed her hat and coat. She reached through, attempting to wrest them back.

"Hey! Give that back! I- OW!" She pulled her hand back, a large throbbing lump on her hand.

"Ughh, fine! Time to do it old school!"

Okay, so everyone was running away. rude. Well, might as well do the old classic and try and punk a Nazi! Pulling a large hammer out of the air around her, Slapstick leaps at Faust, swinging wildly!

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:22 AM
@Arashiofordo3: 3d10+2d8+1d6 Slapstick Team (1d10) Living Cartoon (1d8) (Weapon 1d8 -stepped up to 1d10 via SFX: Hammertime) (making a prop weapon: 1d6 + Effect dice step up) (Superhuman reflexes: 1d10) (SFX Cartoon Physics to reduce one Doom pool dice.) (Acrobatics Expert 1d8) = (1+5+10)+(6+2)+(5) = 29
Arashiofordo3 - Today at 2:23 AM
So after applying SFX, that's 15, with a 1d10 effect die. (wooo :frowning: )

Tagging Faustus

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2018 around 02:38

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick paused from her attempts to turn the Doctor into a pancake, to look around at the voice. "Wait- who's Neilllll..."

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 3d10+2d8+1d6 Slapstick resists the mental attack. Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Sorcery D6 + Superhuman Reflexes D10 + Psych Expert D8 = (10+6+1)+(7+1)+(1) = 26

Spending 1 PP to add a dice to the end result

Roll result 23
Effect dice D4
Opportunities: 3

- - -

Slapstick saw the Purple Man, and leapt up in alarm, her facial features buldging out in sudden supprise! Her eyes and ears hovering off of her actual head! The sudden terror was so great that they grew little legs, running on the spot in the air, dust building below their feet until they suddenly shot off in all directions! Scampering away to safety under the stage and behind the curtains!

Slapstick stood frozen for a moment. Eyeless, and earless. She turned slowly back around to Dr Faustus. The last remaining feature of her face, her mouth, stretching into a wide eery grin.

"I~ See~ Yoouuu~!"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2018 around 19:49

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Bullets flew through the air, peppering the cartoon form of Slapstick. She almost didn't seem to notice them at first. But as they re-loaded for another salvo, Slapstick turned suddenly. Her blank grin horrifying to behold. The bullets screeched to a holt! Terrified! They turned and fled in any direction they could!

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:04 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d12+1d10+1d8+1d8+1d6 Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Sorcery D6 + Godlike Durability D12 + Menace Expert D8 = (8)+(8)+(1)+(8)+(3) = 28

SFX: Cartoon Physics. You may step back any doom die used in an opposing roll. After the roll, that die returns to the doom pool at its new stepped-back size.

Roll result: 16
Effect Dice: D12

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 2 | XP: 4

Slapstick's grin grew, it grew to the edge of her face.

It kept growing.

Moving past the edges of her face, bigger then any mouth could be. It leapt towards the mod. Biting down on the first one it came too, savaging an arm! It popped off, a bite mark out the side of it! a cartoon bone sticking out of the stump!

"Hehehehe, ever heard, 'biting off more then you can chew?' well... I got a big mouth." the hovering mouth said, spitting out a skeletal hand into the face of another man, who jumped out of his own skin! Literally! He was lucky enough to still be close enough to Slapstick to be affected by her aura, otherwise that could have been highly lethal!

His luck wasn't quite enough to stop Slapstick's mouth latching onto his leg and swinging him around like a ragdoll. The worse he'd get would be a bite missing from his leg, and some canaries flying around his head. But that didn't stop Slapstick silently laughing at his misfortune from the stage. Her impromptu Slenderman impression adding an errie look to it.

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 1d10+3d8+1d4 Team 1d10 + Mean Streak 1d4 (1PP) + Weapon 1d8 + Enhanced strength 1d8 + Acrobatics Expert 1d8 = (7)+(4+1+5)+(1) = 18
1d8 mobs stress = (8) = 8

Roll result: 15
Effect Dice D8
Opportunities: 2
+1PP

1xp — when you say something that shows the mean streak beneath your slapstick façade.
3xp — when you deal physical stress to an opponent using cartoon-inspired methods and dark humor.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 14:03

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick

The roof smashes open and Slapstick watches impassively. Not even offering a wry remark to the accusation. As the dust clears and the new arrivals arrive. There's a sudden scurrying as a pair of eyes, ears, and a mouth scamper out of hiding and run around Gwenpool's feet.

"Gwennieeeee!" The mouth says. "You're a sight with sore eyes. Gosh you look so good I could eat you up!" It glances over to the guards. "Uhh... not like that." Slapstick's body is throwing finger guns.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick scooped up her own face, pushing it back into face with a sound like a slap. Okay, it was all in the wrong place, and she looked like an abstract art piece. But that was basically par for the course.

"I mean, it wasn't like we knew where you'd gone... but I won't lie, I was worried." She shrugged self consciously. "I mean, let a bad guy with mind control have you in their clutches? I couldn't bare that." It was a strangely human moment. A window into the soul that became Slapstick. But it vanished as quickly as it appeared.

"CANNONBALL!" She yelled, as she leapt out of the window. Missing the landing point and smashing into the ground like a plate of wet jelly. A pair of eyes blinked into existence on top of the Slapgoop. And she scooted along after the others off screen.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick gooped out from the cracks of the garbage truck. Pulling a shower from out of nowhere as the stink lines started to emanate from her. Slapstick didn't smell, she never smelt of anything. Cartoons were purely a visual medium. The only time she could ever have said to stink, was if the narrative required it. But then she just produced stink lines, like right now. The brain registered it as a bad smell. But there still wasn't anything to smell to begin with. She pulled a curtain around her, a a quick jet of colourless water shot down on her. The curtain pulled back to reveal her sodden. Dripping. But she quickly shook it off and when right back to being as clean as she ever was.

"Gweny, baby, honey, sweety, babooshka." Slapstick said, laying an arm across her "Team Leader's" shoulders. "You've got the thing. The thing that we need. Now, you've got the cutest toosh, and we're obviously totally an item, so I'd be out to save you in a second anyway. But there's still the fact that you're our only way out. And if you got captured, or turned. We're trapped here. Besides, Purple Nurple controls everything through the TVs, so wouldn't it make sense he'd want to be right there to over see it all? I mean, that's where the heroes are going, so obviously the bad guys never that far away, right? So Miss Fury is probably ether totally tailing someone right now, or she's totally being held captive and is enacting a cunning escape."

Slapstick was many thing, but she knew her narrative. She was narrative, pure and simple.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Slapstick's expression didn't change. "A... ship? I don't know what that is... but..." She quickly shifted her shape into a boat. With suggestively waggly eyebrows.

"I can be your ship if you want, baby! Toot toot!" Was she joking? Was she serious? As ever it was hard to tell. At least she didn't try to make a joke about riding her. Okay, she probably would have. But Gwen had her little freakout before she could.

"Wow wow wow! Shhhh shhh shhh shhh!" Slapstick reformed into her "natural" form, and attempting to sooth Gwenpool. "I'm with you on this, Gwen. Let's not do something that makes us worse than the bad guys."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"See, Starband is totally uhh, shipping us? That's the right way to say that... right?" Slapstick scratches her cheek. Anyway! She had a totally great idea! A present for Gwenpool! Nothing says 'I think you're cute and we should totally hook up' like.... a piece of her cartoonish form made into a hairpin and ready to explode out protectively at the first sign of danger!

This was clearly a great idea!

- - - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:55 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d10+3d8+2d6 Creating an asset Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Psych Expert D8 + Streaching D8 + Sorcery D6 + SFX Deep Pockets D6 (Step up effect Dice) + SFX Cartoon Physics: Stepping down Largest dice in the doom pool, it retains that size after roll. = (2)+(4+8+7)+(4+4) = 29

Spending 1 PP to add an extra 4 to roll result.

Result: 19
Effect Dice: D10 D12

If successful
3xp — when you use Anamatic Reality Alteration to create an asset for a teammate.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 0 | XP: 7

Slapstick grins as she opens up a little door in her chest and pulls something out of the blackness inside. It's pink. In the shape of a heart. With a winky Slapstick blowing kisses to a cartoon of Gwenpool on one side. A clasp on the other for Gwen to attach it to her costume.

"For you~!" Slapstick proclaims. Holding it out to Gwenpool in a surprisingly shy manner compared to her usual forwardness. Looking away, a flush clear on her cheeks. One leg doing that weird circling thing at the ankle. Yet beyond the cartoon trappings there was the hint of humanity to it. The slight shake of her hands as they held the gift out. The nervous set of her lips. The way her eyes flicked away from meeting anyone's face. For all that Slapstick was a slave to the genres and rules of cartoons, there was something fundamentally human behind her acts. Well, certainly this act.

- - - -

I probably shouldn't... but what the hey, Slapstick did just give Gwen her heart. (literally? Metaphorically? Who even knows at this point?)

Spending 1PP to make the asset last for the rest of the scene.

Marking:
3xp — when you use Anamatic Reality Alteration to create an asset for a teammate.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2018 around 20:02

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

There's barely a tremor in Slapstick's expression at the 'we should talk' line. Maybe she couldn't even react to that. After all, her current genre didn't exactly do complex romantic situations.

"I'm a cartoon, not a computer game, you silly goose!" Slapstick giggled. "Hmmm... how best to explain it... Have you ever seen a cuckoo clock? Well it's nothing like that. But it sort of is." Her explanation was much like everything about her. It explained everything, and absolutely nothing.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Wow. Cool robot. Right, back in the truck. You guys better not get killed or anything!" Slapstick says "Especially you~!" She taps Gwenpool on the nose. Skipping over to the dumptruck and diving inside like a dolphin.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Gas? Ha! What a hoot! What a pity it wasn't laughing gas! After all laughter is the best medicine. And these boys were going to need a lot of medicine. And years of psychotherapy. Thus dooming them to medical expenses for year and years to come as the brutality of the american medical system stripped them of money they likely never had in the first place.

Now that.

That was funny.

What were they doing again? Ohh, right, the murders.

Well... maybe not. Slapstick still had no idea what Gwen's stance on killing was. So maybe just... scaring them would be fine for now? It was worth a shot.

- - - -

@Arashiofordo3: 1d10+5d8 Slapstick Attacks the mob. Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Streaching D8 + Psych Expert D8 + Stress Dice D8 = (8)+(4+4+2+6+6) = 30

Result: 12
Effect Dice: D10

Tagging Gwenpool

- - - - -

With the goons gasping in the gas, Slapstick's face distorted to a horrific caricature of a demon or other monster. Screeching at the goons through the smoke as it's maw opened to consume them whole. Their eyes popped out of their heads. One jumped into the arms of another. Another ran in place for about five seconds before he started to move anywhere. It was great.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 0 | XP: 8

Slapstick watched the titan do a thing. Okay she was honestly pretty bored. There was a tiger savaging some brit guy and there was a whole cadery of colourful bad guys. But it all lacked a certain something...

Maybe she was getting worried. The words slowly filtering through to her brain "We need to talk".

Some vague memory rattling around in her head, remembered people saying that was a warning sign. But that couldn't be right, could it? Unless... had she done it again? A cold lump forming in the pit of her stomach, as her internal organs froze and crinkled into shards. Had she let the Genre's lead her astray? The wave hit her. Slapstick's body bending in a most unattural way before springing back in place like an over taught elastic band.

- - - -

Limit: Effects budget ran out

Disabling Teleport D6 for +1PP

SidekickBOTToday at 5:57 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d12+1d10+2d8+2d6 Probably failing to resist psychic bullshit. Avengers Assemble D10 + Superhuman Durability D12 + Team D10 + Master of the genres - slave to the tropes D8 + Psych Expert D8 + Sorcery D6 + Anti-Control Discs D6 = (2+5)+(8)+(4+6)+(1+4) = 30

Spending said PP to add a dice to my pool

Roll result: 19

- - - - -

"What are you all doing?" She asked sullenly as her companions went goo goo eyed. "This really isn't very funny at all." Slapstick slapped at Bullseye irritably. "Ughhhh, I'm just gonna have to stab someone. There's nothing else for it. The question is... who....?"

- - -

Marking 1XP — when you say something that shows the mean streak beneath your slapstick façade

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 1 | XP: 8

Wait really? Well, if Gwen said they weren't a threat-

Slapstick immediately vanished under a mob of them, a dust cloud errupting, obscuring the action, legs and fists exited and re-entered, upper bodies rose above the chaos before diving back down into the brawl. The whole thing looked bizarrely out of place!

- - - -

@Arashiofordo3: 2d12+1d10+2d8+1d6+1d4 Defence against the hoard. Assets + Team D10 + Weapon D8 + Godlike Durability D12 + Living Cartoon D4 (+1PP) + Acrobatics Expert D8 = (3+3)+(6)+(6+4)+(2)+(4) = 28

+1 PP

12 to resist
D12 Effect Dice.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

These stupid little monsters! Ugh! How dare they! Fine! Let's see how they like this! The dustcloud starts to roll, pushing towards the summoner of the very creatures that mobbed them all! Deep in the midst of this cartoonish Melee, Slapstick waited for her moment, then lunged out of it to seize Diablo by his stupid outfit and drag him into the midst of his minions punches and kicks! Slipping out subtly to watch the proverbial fireworks.

- - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 9:46 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d12+3d10+2d8+1d6 Pull Diablo into the cartoon brawl. Assets (D12 & D6) + Diablo Complication D12 + Team D10 + Weapon D10 + Superhuman Reflexes D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Acrobatics Expert D8 = (8+5)+(9+8+3)+(7+3)+(3) = 46

Spending 1PP to add extra dice to total. Adding 5.

Roll result: 28
Effect Dice: D10
Opportunities: 0

Tagging Starbrand

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2018 around 21:29

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Ohhhh..." Slapstick stared up at the Robot. Okay. That might be a problem. Her aura only extended out so far, and this guy's suit was... like at least 5 sizes too big. For the first time in as long as she could remember, Slapstick felt a sense of dread. This wasn't an enemy who'd be effected by her genre rules.

"What do I do? What do we do? It's huge!" She looked to the rest of her team, who also seemed surprised.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Wait, where was... Gwen! Slapstick stared up at the robot's head. Her heart was up there with her! Wait... Her heart was up there with Gwen! This would be weird, and bizarre.

But that was pretty normal for Slapstick.

Slapstick stuffed her head into her chest. Wrigging deeper and deeper. Until she came to the door on the other side. She knocked politely on it. Opening it up and sticking her head out through it. Out of the pendent around Gwen's neck.

"Hi, sorry to both-" She stopped. Looking at the purple man, then at Gwen. Gosh she was pretty from this angl- Focus girl, focus. "Gwen? You know, like, nerd stuff, right? What's a really big cartoon genre? Where the characters are all big and stuff?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Eastern? Oh man, ahh, I guess it can't be helped." Slapstick reasoned with herself. The panel plane wasn't well known for Western and Eastern animation to get on well. There was a war and everything, you know! She smiled sweetly at Gwen's follow up question. "Oh, sure I can get out! Just gotta, nrg!" Slapstick freed one of her arms, reaching above her head and pulled a chain just off camera. There was the sound of a toilet flushing, and Slapstick spun around as she was sucked back through the hole. The little 'door' closing behind her. Leaving the inside of the mech in a stunned silence.

Back outside Slapstick freed her head from her chest with a pop, and eyed the giant robot in front of her. Something big, something big...

With a sudden twirl, the usually cartoony Slapstick is replaced with... well, uhhhh.... this?

"Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Un! Watashi da! Chou Kawaii!! Ima made subarashii! Dotabata to moushi masu surappusutikku Desu!"

She points at the Purple Man's robot dramatically! Lines appearing around her pointing inwards!

"Ima, watashi ha kyoudai na robotto ni naru shi, Gwen wo hozon wo miru! Kanojo ha amari kawaii shi, kanojo ni kisu wo! Watashi ha choudo sore nitsuite kangae te sekimen rakisutanokiwami!

Now she was holding her cheeks and getting all embarrassed.

"Sou desu! Watashi ha ki wo tora re te eru koto ga deki nai! Kore wo shi te mi masho u!"

With a flash, and an incredibly over animated sequence. Slapstick began to transform into a giant anime as gently caress robot!

Now to-! Agh! GOd this was super awkward to move with!! Slapstick-Chan stumbled as she moved. Not used to being this size... or this detail heavy!

- - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 8:53 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick used GIANT ROBOT PUNCH! Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon 2D8 (SFX: hammer time) + Enhanced Strength D8 + Acrobatics Expert D8 = (9)+(2)+(4)+(2)+(6)+(2) = 25

Roll Result: 12
Effect Dice: D8

Tagging: Purple Man I guess....?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

The sword slams into Slapstick in a cut that would have been completely lethal. But Slapstick was feeling anime as gently caress right now. So instead there was a shower of sparks. She stumbled back. Yelling more crazed babble!

"Yaa!" Slapstick-Chan's voice echoes through the speakers as she takes the blow! Heavy breaths followed. "Haa haa haa, such a powerful blow! But I am fighting for a greater power! The power of love! And friendship! But mostly love! I refuse to fall! I refuse to give up! My heart demands that I! Slapstick-Chan! Fight for the love that burns brightly in my chest!" she yells out in Japanese.

- - - -

Spending 1 PP to activate SFX - Invulnerability. Spend 1 PP to ignore any physical trauma or stress unless caused by cosmic forces.

- - - -

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

There! An opening! Slapstick-Chan regains her footing and thrusts herself forward!

"ULTIMATE LOVE PUNCH CANNON SPECIAL BEAM PUNCH ATTACK SKILL!!!!" She screams still in Japanese. Or at least her terrible version of it.

- - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 6:54 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d12 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick Attacks Asset D12 + Complication D10 + Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Enhanced Strength D8 + Acrobatic Expert D8 = (5)+(5)+(10)+(8)+(5)+(1)+(4) = 38

Roll result: 18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

The Beam created a huge explosion and Slapstick-Chan's mecha vanished into the resulting dust cloud.

A moment passes, then another. Surely not! Surely Slapstick-Chan can't be... Can't be-!

"Yari yari! (well well!)" Echoed her voice. The dust cloud suddenly and dramatically parted! A powerful pulsing Energy Shield held in one hand! Barely a scratch on the huge battle machine! "Heh! You'll need to do better then that!"

- - - -

@Arashiofordo3: 1d12 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick defends godlike durability D12 + Asset D10 + Complication D10 + Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon D8 + Acrobatic Expert D8 = (9)+(10)+(7)+(4)+(2)+(7)+(2) = 41

Roll result: 17
Opportunities: 0

«2 »