Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Gwenpool's here.

In fact, it might be slightly alarming how suddenly she's here. It's not like there's a teleport effect, or she smashes through a wall, she's just here, stepping in. It might actually be a little disorienting to the eye, since the fictional mind generally rejects the existence of panel borders and gutters, after all. Though there are exceptions, generally with those of deep mystical study, or who have seen beyond the Fourth Wall.

"Don't worry, the exposition will be coming up.", she says to Elijah, looking up slightly. "Huh, you're taller than-", she says, brushing her hand over her head as if to judge height. "Oh, well, I guess you usually stand around somebody even taller. Didn't think of that!" With a blink and and a slightly defensive posture he looks over to the approaching Slapstick. "Um, you are-" A slight pause. "I usually know people a little better. Um... you are..." She hangs there for a moment, before slowly, deliberately putting her hand on her chin as to ponder. Miss Fury? Green Goblin? This wasn't lining up. Shouldn't this be a cast everybody would kinda-sorta know, like a vampire and ninja version of [insert hot book here]? Wait, no, this makes sense. Kind of. Deep breaths. Well, there's the Snowman. And Green Goblin was a draw. That's a start!

She relaxes, putting her hands on her hips. Well, best to just go with the flow. "Anyway, I'm Gwen Poole. International mercenary hero with a heart of gold. Or pink. I haven't decided. Though I guess I'm interdimensional now." She looks down to one of her pouches, looking at them. "Huh, I guess that makes my business cards out of date. And I sprung for the unstable molecules, too." A slight sigh before she spots Miss Fury reaching for her piece. Raising her hands, she adds, "Whoa! 'Two heroes get mixed up and fight' is a classic but it's way less fun with guns, especially for those of us who are still bulletprone."

pre:

Older Girl Gwenpool 			Earth-TRN565				Gwen Poole [public?]

Affiliations: 	Solo d8		Buddy d10		Team d6

Distinctions:	At One With the Genre
		Careless Daring
		Metafictional Funnybook Fan

Power Sets:	Between the Lines

Enhanced Reflexes d8	Intangibility d12
		Invisibility d10	Panel Control d8
		Genre Sense d10		Teleport d8

SFX:		Beat the Devil?: If your pool includes Panel Control or Genre Sense, spend 1 PP to
		borrow a die from the doom pool for that roll. Then step back that doom die and return
		it to the doom pool.

Breaking the Fourth Wall: When one of your opportunities is activated to add a d6 to 
		the doom pool, replace it with a d4. Spend 1 PP to do this to an existing d6 in the
		doom pool.

Narrative Insurance: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from falls, 
		blunt impacts, or explosions.

Limit:		Editorial Interference: Change any Between the Lines power into a complication and gain
		1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

Bombs and Bullets and Blades

Enhanced Durability d8		Weapon d8

SFX:		Guns and Stuff: When you activate an opportunity to create a Combat or Vehicle resource,
		step up that resource die. In addition, you may step up that resource by a die type when
		adding it to a roll, after which the resource is lost.

Sup, Babies?: Add a d6 and keep an additional die for each additional target when using
		Weapon.

Limit:		Gear: Shutdown Bombs and Bullets and Blades and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom 
		pool to recover.

Specialties	Acrobatic Expert d8		Combat Expert d8
		Covert Expert d8		Vehicle Expert d8

Milestones	The Superhero's Journey

1 XP	… when you get gush to a hero about your fangirl feelings.
		3 XP	… when you team up with a hero or team you've never teamed up with before.
		10 XP	… when you are invited to a major superhero team, or get to headline a solo comic
			book again.

The Unbelievable

1 XP	… when you make a reference to something you can only know metafictionally.
		3 XP	… when you deliver a humiliating defeat to a major villain of another superhero.
		10 XP	… when you defy convention and get to enact a major change on the Marvel universe,
			such that things will never be the same again! (Or probably just six months to a year.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Gwen looks from the gun to bow, and raises her hands. "I could explain, but I find it's better to let things play out first. Everything'll be explained, but if you think shooting will make you feel better in the meantime, have at it. Just not at me, okay?"

She glances over to Green Goblin. "Oh, well, I'm from another world to begin with. But the details are... mmm. Crazy. And I think everybody's got an armful of baby crazy they're wrestling right now... I mean, well, me not so much, but I've come to terms with things not having to make too much sense."

She waves a hand lightly at the bow from her arm's raised position. "Buuut if you could point that somewhere else? That thing looks really sharp, not a toy, and true story: I'm allergic to sharp things that stab me. It's like my kryptonite except for all the other things that are also my kryptonite."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Heh. You're pretty animated yourself.", Gwen says to Slapstick with a grin, before getting distracted by Elijah's infodump. "Whoa, spoiler alert, Mr. Snow! But it's true, the universe probably just needs some punching done... well, I'm pretty sure it's more complicated than that - because it always is, there's always a twist to it."

She starts walking after, and looks over her shoulder to Bullseye. "Domino, right? I'm pretty sure none of us have any idea what you're talking about. Last world I was on, Rogers was the Earth's bestest hero and Nick Fury was... um... complicated. But slaveholders? That sounds like one suck of a universe you just bounced out of."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Oh, uh, somebody that looks just like you, because of the monochrome and the spot... it was, they had a luck theme?", Gwen says to Bullseye with a palmshrug and a helpless grin.

She then turns to Fury, though, piping in with, "Oh, hey, they called me Unbelievable before, too. So. Déjà vu! And- heh-" She points. "- you haven't seen anything yet, Golden Age. This is gonna be a trip."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Gwen walks forward casually, saying to Elijah as she passes him, “Aw, you stole my drama. Well, still gotta do the thing.”

Which is why it might be surprising, giving her blithe attitude to the whole situation, when she quick-draws her sword, pointing it at Bender threateningly as she rapid-fires a barrage of questions and accusations. “Okay, who are you really working for? Is it the space bugs? It better not be any bugs, except for any bugs included in the Spider-Verse- are you Morph? Are you Proteus? Are you Proteus pretending to be Morph?” She gets her stiff upper lip on for a moment as she tries her best at a wild-eyed glare, which isn’t hard, given she probably sounds like a crazy person. “Or a bug pretending to be Proteus pretending to be Morph, don’t think I won’t, Futurama, don’t think I won’t go stabsies until you’re halfsies just because I’m a hero now, I can just be an edgier hero.”

There’s a slight moment as the mask of fury breaks, and she smirks, looking slightly away as if self-conscious. ”I mean, I have to be a little edgy, I’m armed with literal edges.”

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Gwen rolls her eyes so hard it almost has its own sound effect. "I know there's a twist, because there's always a twist, but I guess I can't force it the narrative." There's a momentary stare, and she grins and flips the sword up, sheathing it. "Just when it turns out you're actually Mephisto or Loki or Devil Dinosaur, I'm just gonna remind you could've come clean and saved us a lot of trouble."

She tilts her head, turning to peer over to Neema. "I can... move in time and space. It's not exactly teleporting, but it's close enough for something like the Tallus. Also, no offense, but I probably rock pink a little more than you." Raising her hands, she speaks more generally to the gathered Exiles. "But, um... it's going to reveal possibly uncomfortable truths about the nature of reality you may or may not be ready for, everyone." A slight pause, and she points to Slapstick. "But you'll probably be fine with it." A pause. "The rest of you, there's a good chance your brain may pretzelify into good old fashioned denial or maybe even amnesia. Like a story from an old and awful racist horror writer. Don't worry, though! That's just how your brain moves past, and heals."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"You better, we better, I'm going to keep everybody alive this time around.", Gwenpool says to Bender, taking the Tallus and fitting it on, and then giving him the good ol' I'm Watching You v-sign. This is followed by her turning to Neema, putting a finger to her lips, twirling her finger around her ear, thumbing over towards the janitor, putting a hand to her mouth as about to whisper, but then finally points away conspiratorially.

"I wonder if I could do a little recoloring? Hm.", she says as she looks at the gold-and-pink Tallus, putting the other extras in her pouches. It turns those little pouches are actually there for a reason, unusually! "Speaking of which, is there a Weapon X right now?", she asks of their 'guide'. "The team, not the grumpy Canadian. I know, spoiler alert, but- you know, maybe we could get a little foreshadowing?", she says, as her hand goes to her sword again, but it seems to be a more casual gesture as if she's anticipating something, looking to the humming device.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Traveling through a field of white for a bit, one can see pink-tinged glimpses of... the past? Future? Tiny pages of windows, forming a river that swirls around as the Tallus pulls it through. Some of the glimpses might be puzzling, tantalizing, offering third-eye perspectives of one's history behind, and other, less discernible things ahead... but there's no time to stop and gander in the space between the gutters and moments. The Tallus pulls onward.

Upon arrival, looking up, Gwenpool blinks, and then looks to the Tallus. "No splitting the party yet. Everybody, to the all-concealing alley just off-panel!", she says, pointing for a moment, and then dashes off for... well, an alley, panels or no, swinging around to look at the others, beckoning with both hands as if waiting for the others before ducking further in.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at May 18, 2018 around 19:42

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Don't worry, I'm like a pink ninja.", Gwenpool says casually from Elijah, poking at the Tallus. "And I don't need to take shade from a guy who dresses like a coloring error. Anyway, I think I've got a source on some clothes for me." She then pinches the Tallus, and the gold color flows a bit under her fingers. "Ah-ha!", she says, pulling off the golden shade between her fingers, leaving only white and pink on the device. "Got it!" With that, she throws a strange, surreal sploch of color over her shoulder, where it lands on the ground, discoloring it to a golden shade.

"Anyway, Korvac was a cyborg from the future who ends up downloading the Power Cosmic from Galac- er, summary page version, he runs into an ancient alien ship and absorbs a lot of power. A bunch of heroes have to fight him and he kills a lot of them, at least until they defeat him, then he unmurders people before he dies because I guess he didn't mean to. All old news where I come from."

As Fury unmasks, she stops and points, "Hey, you're, you're... Hellcat? Wait, what?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

To be clear, Gwen has not put her mask on this whole time, having it left it off. Then again, would it really work with her hair being as long as it is? Well, that's a mystery for now.

Then, she says to Patsy, rubbing her neck nervously. "Heh heh... well, kind of? But I recognize a lot of people who wear masks. Irony!" She then double-fingerguns at Fury and Goblin. "Just didn't recognize you two because you have different masks on than I'm used to. But. Always an honor to to work with you, Mr. Parker. Seriously, big fan!" Looking thoughtful, she then puts her hand to her head and squints. "Or is that an honor to work with a Mr. Parker? Ugh, multiversal brain freeze."

"Anyway, be right back. "Then, she reaches out to mime grabbing onto an edge, her fingers starting to vanish as if holding onto something unseen. Then she tugs herself as if entering an unseen window, and then vanishes. There's something... off about her sudden means of travel. No fancy flash, no teleportation displacement, no sound effect. Just... gone.

After a brief Gwenless period, she steps back into frame behind Slapstick, wearing a blue, teal, and pink hoodie with a matching backpack, with pink shorts and blue shoes. Most people won't necessarily recognize the hoodie is Spider-Gwen themed, but the theme is there. "Eh, you'll do fine if we can just find you a trenchcoat and a hat. It always worked for Mr. Grimm.", she says to the cartoonish one. "I mean, if the rules still work normally here, anyway." She pulls out her phone, checking to see if she can get internet service. "C'mon, tell me this universe still has wifi, we can find out who the President is..."

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at May 19, 2018 around 16:02

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Gwen's face falls. "Hahaha... you're kidding, right? Kilgrave? Purple Man? Man, I'm glad Bendis isn't writing this, at least, then we'd be in the poop. Well, deeper in the poop. Okay, halting that metaphor before we pass the grossness threshold. Anyway, he has mind control via pheremones, fought Daredevil and was really awful to- well- I mean- that's not something you need to hear about. Let's just say stabbing is not out of the question." Looking to Slapstick, she says, "I know I have a habit of cutesy backpacks, but I think the artists decided I outgrew that, heh."

She looks to Peter, and then to the Tallus. "Uh, my technical expertise with this thing is not very technical or expert- I know it can track us, but I don't think so-" She flips it over as she squints. "But it kind of has a mind of its own."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Um, he's not even close to all the people he's controlling, yeah? If all these people are exposed... something else is up.", Gwen says to Elijah. A glance to the Tallus,, and she asides to Peter, "I don't know if it comes off, to be honest. Should've thought about that a little more, I guess. I was just excited to be here." She bites her lip, and then starts on her phone again. "But yeah, already on it, let's peep the two of you on the interwebs, see what comes up."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"It is like a Library, Movie Theater, and Phone in a Tiny Box!" Gwen says perhaps a little too loudly. "Alternately, you can just believe it's filled with tiny people. If we visit enough dimensions, it'll turn out to be true in one of them!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Oh, uh, maybe never ever ask about the kind of thing that tends to happen to Green Goblins. Uh, the glider? Uh, maybe get a jetpack instead. Or jet boots. Hm.", Gwenpool says with a nervous, wide-eyed look at Peter. "What I'm saying is that gliders are a little... passe... like... passe through you? Careful."

Stuffing her hands into her pockets, though, she looks to Slapstick. "But, bell on his head... bell on his.. head... wait. No way? That dork? I wish Howard were here." She gets a more thoughtful look. "But maybe there was an interior studio shot there. Maybe... maybe there's a way in. Either way, we need a fight, this has been way too wordy, people are gonna get bored like this. Sec." With that, she pulls herself up, before flipping into midair and vanishing.

Then, her head pops back out again upside-down to look at Snow, her hair hanging down. Just her head alone. Eerie. "Oh, could be worse, could've been 'Van Damme'." Then, she vanishes again.

Finally, stepping onto the pathway of panels beyond the sight of the others, she skims through them as she reviews the pages so far, trying to see if Slapstick's scouting mission included an internal shot of Bong's studio, as a plan started to come together. Putting her hand to her chin, she pondered. This was definitely stupid enough to work. She was sure of it.

Scouting out to see if she can find a panel to Teleport to Bong's studio with. Rolling Solo + At One With the Genre + Teleport + Covert Expert for a total of 15 with a d10 effect. Not travelling right away, but seeing if she's got the option before she ropes in any of the others.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

It's not long before Gwenpool pops back in, flipping right side up. "Okay, buddy system, Pete, Spid- um, Green Goblin, I'm gonna go anti-hero on Bong until he gives up his mind control jam and we can let freedom ring. You up for a team-up?", she says, thumbing over her shoulder. "Also we should probably work out a way to communicate, I can find any of you if I need to-"

That's a statement that might be considered to have worrisome implications.

"- but y'know, not exactly vice-versa. I got a little spoiled by near-universal cell-phone coverage in my home dimension. In the meantime, you guys can just go break into the White House, probably?" A slight pause as she looks slightly away in realization. "Wait. It's probably the Purple House now, isn't it? It'd have to be." She looks up. "If it's not the Purple House, tell Killgrave I am deeply disappointed in him."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Miiight want to hold off on committing to murder, that's the other team's dealy-o. Sometimes the Tallus isn't perfectly clear. Either way, nobody die until I catch up with you guys.", Gwen says vaguely as she looks to Tallus. "Man, this thread is going to get on so many watchlists."

Offering her hand to Green Goblin, she adds, "Spider-Man does whatever a spider can. Anyway, we can change on the way if you've got a costume. Just, you know, don't freak too much. But- wait- is there a Green Goblin theme song with catchy lyrics?!" A slight pause. "I've been trying to set 'Green Goblin' with you-know-who's theme and it isn't working and this is killing me."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Another team, another dimension, another mission.", Gwen explains to Bullseye. "We need to talk about the premise when we have more time. And um... I'm not sure. I think the Gutter could mess some mind-control if it's by radio or sound, but if it's like chemical without a signal, then... I dunno." There's a consideration before she says, "You know, I don't think I've ever actually been mind-controlled. I think I just like it way better where you fight other heroes out of a misunderstanding, done that plenty of times. Of course, I was usually comically inept back then and things didn't usually go too well..."

She looks to Green Goblin, listening for a moment as she spaces out, and then catches her thread of thought again. "Oh, yeah, right, Bong does sound stuff, but the Controller's there, too... he usually uses mind control discs. So just don't let him accessorize you." She offers her hand against, shaking it as if to emphasize it. "And we'll have plenty of time for you to juggle your buffs."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

It's like a road of tiny pink-tinted windows, with others floating out in the void. Or comic book pages, if you're a nerd. There's also... something... something more ominous, as if this, too, was only a curtain. "Welcome to the Gutters! Uh, time doesn't move the same here, so you should have time to do whatever.", Gwenpool says casually as she takes off her clothes, her unitard underneath. She walks over, pulling a panel over, and then ducks into it a moment as if to put her clothes away in there before getting her boots out to put on, "sitting" on the edge of a set of panels. "I'm gonna need a bit to figure out where I left my- crud, can't just use a bazooka with the crowd around Bong. Um. Hm. Katana-rama?"

She rubs her chin, and then looks over before spreading her hands wide, as if suddenly realizing the reveal with a grin. "Oh, and you're living inside a comic book. Surprise!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"It's more like the space between seconds, the gap between moments... the parts of the day you don't remember.", Gwenpool explains. "Where I came from, everything with superheroes was just a comic book. Or a movie. Or a TV show. Or a video game. But mostly comic books. And I was really into them. Of course, now I'm into them, ha ha." She walks around, looking at some of the various panels, and then pulls a duffel bag out of one after a moment, dropping it down to the "ground" and crouching to look through an mini-arsenal that's positively Punisheresque.

"There are authors and artists and letterers and editors. Of course, I can't... really see who's making a book from the inside. There's something different this time, though... but, you know, I'm just starting you at level 1. I'm still figuring out how I can use this reality. It's..." She stands up before holstering a pair of submachineguns. "... not like the ones I'm used to. And I've been a lot of places. Dark Dimensions. Hells. Murderworld. I knew a Dr. Strange, too. Never got around to meeting Cloak, though."

A palmshrug. "But no, I'm not Gwen Stacy, I know, I get that sometimes, but seriously! No hairband! Pink hair! Not d... er, did I mention I actually met a Stacy? But she was from another dimension where she's Spider-Woman. Um, don't spoil that if we go there, ooops. We had pizza, she was pretty cool. I, uh-" There's a slight pause. "We met when I was fighting Green- um, a Green Goblin." She takes a moment to adjust swords on her back. "He was a... pretty big villain where I became a superhero? Nothing personal. I was a big deal villain for a bit, but you know, time travel happened and I got better."

"As for the Gwen in that world- I think one grim revelation for a prep scene is enough. Especially before you fight Dr. Bong! We don't want too much of a tone shift, right?" She grins nervously, shrugging, before twirling about to throw the duffel bag back into a panel. Walking over, she peels up one of the panels off the floor, blowing it up so you can clearly see Bong and the crowd, and offers her hand. "You ready to rumble?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

PP: 1 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a'

"Wow, that sounds really dangerous to fly that thing inside a TV studio." Gwen takes his hand, pulling herself on. "Let's do it!... um... just you know, make sure if you remote control it to hit somebody that you are free and clear and nowhere near the splash zone."

She really is focused on that for some reason.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

As Gwen and Goblin fly through the topmost panel, Gwen leans over, tossing something downward-

In the panel below, there's a moment as a hand with a small pink grenade appears appears at the top edge. Adorned with a stenciled version of Gwenpool's white mask, the grenade fries off, spinning through the air as it releases a bright pink knockout gas around the audience.

Then, the two come flying in, Gwenpool hanging on loosely to Green Goblin's shoulder as she stands after on the . "Sup, creepers! It's time for some very special guest stars from another dimension: Gwenpool and Green Goblin!" She reaches for a submachine gun, swinging it to bear on the hosts. "The following program may not be suitable for fascist tools!"

Trying to knock out or hamper the audience with a physical attack: Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d4 + Panel Control d8 + Weapon d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Sup, Babies? 4d6 = 11 with a d10, d8, d8, d6, and d6 effects, 2 opportunities, and 1 PP gained from the distinction.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at May 28, 2018 around 02:12

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Gwenpool dives off the glider as she's being shot at, rolling as bullets fire just behind her. "Hey, hey! I'm trying to overthrow your oppressors here!", she says, before diving between the gunning goons. "And I want to add it is technically not my murder if you shoot each other!" But, yes, she's trying to get the brainwashed thugs to just track their shots against each other, expecting them to be less-than-discerning.

Rolling Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d8 + Enhanced Reflexes d8 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8, spending a PP to keep an extra die for a total of 20 with a d10 effect, kicked up to d12 by the extraordinary success. And as long as I have that, I'll spend my second PP to inflict d12 physical stress on the goon squad.

As she does so, though, she looks over to the crowd. "Okay, everybody's down, Bong is down, which means-" Pulling out both sub-machineguns, she then spins, firing recklessly but well above the heads of the crowd and Bong. Which leaves, of course, the two thugs to catch bullets. "Death blossom, dorks!"

Rolling to inflict physical stress on the thugs with Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d4 + Enhanced Reflexes d8 + Weapon d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Sup, Babies! d6, which is 9 with a d8 effect (targeting Goon 2) and 3 opportunities, and grants 1 PP to Gwenpool from the distinction.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

And I'll tag Controller. Also, post is not edit.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Gwenpool squints, saying, "You know you're supposed to be a joke even when you're not mind-controlled-", before the sound goes off. Dropping her guns, she covers her ears, and the vibration ripples across her body as she says-

- you can't tell what she's saying because * BONG * is covering up her word panel!

Rolled the reaction with Solo d10 + Careless Daring d8 + Enhanced Reflexes d8 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Punk Chaff Noise Disruption d8, and spending a PP to keep an extra die for a reaction total of 18 with a 1d10 effect, no opportunities.

Then, she reaches out, her gloves starting to shred as if she were trying to grasp ahold of the sonic shockwave. Wait, can she do that?

- POV, Inside the Panel: Gwenpool reaching out towards nothing.

- POV, Outside the Panel: Gwenpool grabbing the SFX word * BONG * with both hands.

With that, she flings the sound effect through the gutterspace, where it lands with a resounding... * BONG * between the fiddling goons. But to those with normal brains, it's... well. She just redirected sound, somehow. And looks pretty rattled by it, shaking. "Haahahahahhhha again-n-n. You want me to get real, Bong? You're not even a real doctor!"

Rolling to cause physical stress as an area effect on Goon 1 and Goon 2, spending a PP for Beat the Devil?: Solo d10 + At One With the Genre d4 + Panel Control d8 + Beat the Devil? d10 + Combat Expert d8 + Sup, Babies? d6. Got... 8 with a d6 effect (Goon 1) and a d8 effect (Goon 2), two opportunities. Taking the 1d10 doom die and reducing it to 1d8, and gaining a PP at the end.

And I'll tag Green Goblin.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Gwenpool blinks as they sight in on her and start firing away. "Whoa- whoawhoa-", she says, starting to back up, before she just halts in her steps. "Wait." She glares, and takes a breath as the bullets whiz around her, and then points boldly and declaratively. "I know this is the Exiles, but this is still a comic book and I don't get gunned down by nameless goons. That does not happen." She sweats, though, keeping up her confidence in her beliefs. Don't let them see your fear. The fear lets the reader know you're in trouble. She's not in trouble. This is fine. Don't let the reader in- ugh, they're reading this, aren't they, but- just look tough-

- this is fine, things are going to be okay. None of the bullets find their mark, simply landing close enough for her to know that, yes. Fragments of floor and stagework fly up around her. She is being shot at. A lot.

Reaction roll, spending 1 PP for Beat the Devil? and gaining 1 PP back from a distinction - Buddy d10 + Careless Daring d4 + Genre Sense d10 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Beat the Devil? d10 = 18 with a d10 effect and no opportunities, and reducing a d10 in the doom pool to a d8.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Ha, you're just making it so I can sneak up and-" Gwen says as she goes for her swords, walking into the smoke. Man, how badass would it be to come out of the smoke with two swords and-

- well, that's not what happens as she stumbles back out into the Gutterspace, coughing up a fit with red eyes as some of the smoke trails after with her passage. "-okay next time *cough* hold your breath, Gwen- ugh-", she mumbles, taking a moment to cough and hack.

Rolling reaction, spending 1 PP to add Intangibility and 1 PP to keep an extra die: Buddy d10 + At One With the Genre d8 + Teleport d8 + Intangibility d12 + Combat Expert d8 = 17 with a d12 effect, so at least stepping that complication back to a d8 instead.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

PP: 0 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Gwen rubs her reddened eyes as she turns about to look at the panel where the gunfire is going off. It'd probably be pretty deadly, if she'd been foolish enough to slip back into realspace right away. "I should probably consider teamwork.", she says, and steps over to a panel where Controller and Green Goblin are having it out. "Wow, Peter, gonna cut yourself on that edge. Wait, hey, what's that color-coded tube on-" She puts her fists on her hips, leaning close to look at the panel. "Huh. That and a remote control earpiece keeps them in line, I bet? Wow, that's... that's... cheatey@", says the hero who's standing outside of reality. "Well, I can't leave him in there forever.", she adds, pondering the best panel to pop back in on.

Meanwhile, a goon fires away at smoke. The smoke is unperturbed.

The reaction of Buddy d10 + At One With the Genre d4 + Teleport d8 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8 only has a 13 with a d10 effect and no opportunities, but that should step back the d4 effect into nonexistence, and then grant her a 1 PP for the distinction.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"I'm right behind you.", Gwenpool says simply, existing again behind the arriving crew. "Let's see, Captain America, Hellcat, and... the Warriors Two? Wait, no... Warriors Sixteen oh Two? Huh."

"Anyway, no argument on leaving, except... one thing." She strolls past to the mind control apparatus, and eyes it for a moment. "Mmm. If you can just change the frequency, then... I have no idea." And then, she pulls out a pink grenade, toying with it for a moment before popping the pin, tossing it into the now-empty control booth.

Then, she charges away from the booth towards the fivesome, shouting, "Okay! Now we can go!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Wow. Gross. No.", Gwenpool manages as she cringes away from Old Woman Hellcat exaggeratedly.

Then an explosion goes off above.

"My last name is Poole, if you just read the dialogue, there's an e-" She stops as Slapstick runs circles around her, and she puts her hands on her knees to crouch over. "Wait, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be storming the White House? I mean Purple House." She looks to Elijah, a bit crestfallen, "Aw, I gave you the big dramatic confrontation, and you came here to the wacky comedy b-fight?" She stands up. "I don't know whether or not to be glad to see you or peeved at your total vote of unconfidence here."

She waves her hands. "But the thees and thous have it, we should probably get out of Mind Control Classics here. Maybe blow some stuff up indiscriminately on the way out, this place is creeper central."

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2018 around 22:52

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Well, we need to rescue her. No joke.", Gwenpool says simply to Captain America, but moving to follow after him. "Ugh, should I just skip forward or..." A slight shake of her head, and she leaps after, cannonballing down before there's a splash of garbage on impact.

"I'm pretty sure this is the worst Quinjet ride I've had.", she mumbles as she stretches out, frowning as she elbows stink-lines aside, slapping them out of the way.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"There was the time I stole a supervirus from Black Cat and leaped into a truck full of ducks. Man, I don't know why they say 'lucky duck', you know? I mean, it was lucky for me, tragic for the ducks." Gwen pauses in realization. "Oh, I should mention, that was back when I was a villain? Sort of? It was more the wacky hijinks sort of villainy. More like an anti-hero, really. But I got over it! Wasn't anything that way for me but black lipstick and a really atrocious cape. But they didn't want me to be a hero, I guess. So I ended up here."

She gives a crooked, weak smile and a shrug. "But what can you do? The alternative was starting Civil War 3 and two of those was more than dumb enough."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Everybody's evil somewhere.", Gwenpool points out to Bullseye. "Well, except the Power Pack. Except for the time Katie Power became Venom, but-" She slaps her hand down on the table. "Seriously, as team leader, I told you people to go after the president!" A slight pause and she sighs and deflates. "Man, that doesn't work while I'm in the same room as Captain America- anyway. Petey has a point."

She looks over to the Captain. "The Purple Man isn't meant to be the president, I guess? Something went wrong in this dimension. We're supposed to fix that. Also, it's like, an honor to be working with you? Is this this Avengers? Secret Avengers? Underground Avengers? Old Avengers? I mean, if there's a Young Avengers, there has to be an Old Avengers, I mean, it only makes sense.", she adds, rambling a bit.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2018 around 23:37

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"An item?", Gwen says to Slapstick, seeming slightly confused. "Are we even a ship yet? I guess... but you're right. Fury's probably okay. I don't think we're in a MAX title." She shifts her eyes, looking out the panel for a moment before focusing back on the scene.

She makes a loose point at Hellcat. "But that doesn't exactly push books. The Immortal Invaders, maybe?" She raises a finger as if having an idea as she says to Rogers. "Oh, yes, ah, definitely take out Kilgrave in a just but not bullet-intensive way? Humble him! Yeah!" She shares a meaningful look with the Tallus, and then inclines her head to Starband before her eyes widen.

"Waitisthat that because you could just hoooly, holy, holy... I mean- you know- ahhhhhh!", she says, clearly having some sort of freakout. "I am totally having some kind of freakout!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Aha haha, yes, that's exactly what I was worried about, haha." Gwen says to Starband, rubbing her neck.

She then looks over to Slapstick as she looks at the heart in her hands. "We should, um, talk later? There's the freedom of a world to focus on." She looks after Peter and Phineas as she walks off. "I feel like I should thank Phineas for helping repair a friend of mine, but then I realize he isn't that Phineas, who... I'll probably never get to thank. Or even see that friend again for awhile." She sighs slightly, and then shakes her head like she's just trying to shimmy off her funk.

"So, uh, does this give me health back if I get hurt?", she asks Slapstick as she holds the heart up. Yep, she's right back to making no sense again.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Whistling, Gwenpool says, "Wow, you guys are really going Golden Age, huh?", looking up at the robot. She puts the disc on, and then says to Tinkerer, "I've never been mind-controlled, but it seems like it would suuuck. Thanks." There's a moment as she steps into nowhere, then steps back into existence, loaded down with grenades, guns, some extra knives. You know. Maybe not full nineties, but half nineties. Just enough to be faintly ridiculous. "There. Let's teach him there isn't any purple in the American flag, right?", she says to Captain America. "Though if you wanted to add pink once all this is done, that'd be rad."

Tucking the heart in one of her pouches, she says to Slapstick, "Aw, don't worry about me, I'm-" She pauses, seeming to consider her words. "- canon.", she settles on, and walks after to the truck. "Next time we get to infiltrate a high society event, though. I'm calling it in advance."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Still, it makes me seriously consider my no-pants policy.", Gwenpool says to Elijah, huffing irritably. "I was stuck in Ghost Rider's trunk once, it's... kind of like that? I mean, it's hot because the wheels are on fire, but also you're like listening to the howl of the damned the whole trip and it gets stupid old. Yeah, you're a terrifying specter of vengeance, I get it."

As they come to a halt, though, she hops out, circling around a bit. She's... well, she's quieter than one might expect, and takes a deep breath. Finally, as Bullseye and Slapstick keep them disoriented, she launches into a flying kick. Aiming to sweep the leg of another on landing, she finally comes up with one of her sheathed swords to try and hilt one of the guys in the gut.

Her battle cry is mostly "Mmmmmmmmf! Mmmf! Mmmmf mff!" since she's having to hold her breath. But at least she seems to have some skills. Probably a little savate in there, a little fighting game. Many teachers.

Gwen's area attack (Team d6 + Careless Daring d8 + Enhanced Reflexes d8 + Weapon d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Physical Stress d8 + Sup, Babies 2d6) is a 13 with 3d8 effect and 2 opportunities.

Tagging Elijah if there's any left!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

PP: 3 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

"Don't say that.", Gwen protests to Green Goblin as she comes out of the cloud, coughing slightly. "If you say that, that's a cue for things to get harder. We're only on Level 1, anyway. Things are always easiest on Level 1." She looks up the stairwell. "Wait, we're taking the stairs? I should've gotten a motorcycle if I knew we were just taking the stairs. Is it too early to say I'm defeated? Defeated by stairs?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Business cards aren't exactly a multiversal threat.", Gwenpool says to Elijah. "Unless dimensional vibrations make it into a bomb that threatens all that exists, but that's only ever happened, like, twice, I'm pretty sure?" Dragging over a chair towards the center of another room, she then stacks them on top of each other. "Anyway, I'm sure he'll be looking to the door, but-" She hops onto the chairs and reaches into her belt, starting to plant gummy explosive stuff on the ceiling as she looks down to the others. "If you have a choice between exploding stuff and not exploding stuff, it's pretty obvious, right?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

"Oh, wait, whaaat, you've been undamseled. Cool.", Gwenpool says to Black Fury as she pulls out her detonator, pressing it as the explosions go off. "You're invited to the party, let's go!"

Coming out of the smoke, Gwenpool lands in a dramatic crouch, and looks up. "Oh. Huh. I guess I should have brought some friends." A slight pause as some of the others come through. "'Oh, hey, I did. Sup, friends?" As Kilgrave flees, she calls out, "Sit tight, I'll be with you in a moment!" That's a mostly bulletproof crowd, but- she looks to Diablo. "Oh, hey, Esteban." A step forward, and she vanishes for a moment, reemerging into reality in a close-up panel to his right. "Let's talk outside."

With that, she tries to plant a hand on the alchemist's shoulder and pull him into the Gutterspace, the dimension between panels. Would Purple Man's control keep up there? Was Diablo even being controlled? Well, one way to find out!

Trying to inflict a Lost in the Gutters complication on Diablo, spending 1 PP to borrow a Doom d10 and turn it into a d8. The roll is Team d6 + Careless Daring d8 + Panel Control d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Beat the Devil d10 = 11 with a d10 effect, no complications.

I'll tag... hm. Green Goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Well, Gwenpool's no rube, she at least knows to look away from his eyes. But peripheral vision's a pain. "Man, that doesn't sound... bad? But guess that's mind control, but do I mind? Um..." She looks over to the furry hulk's pointy can, and then then just busts out laughing. "I mean sure but ahahaha I'm being telepathically assaulted by a bleached moustache, classic, seriously, though, I have to stab your boss like, a lot, and then we can chill for a bit. I can tie bows in and you can share your advanced conditioner technology." She points to him with a big cheesy grin as she starts to backpedal. "Sec."

Resisting, spending a PP to use Beat the Devil and borrow a Doom Die: Team d6 + Metafictional Funnybook Fan d8 + Beat the Devil d10 + Anti-Control Disc d6 + Avengers Assemble d12 + Shattered d12 = 18 with a d12 effect and no opportunities, which gives her a Motivated Mind Control complication of... d4, and reducing a Doom Die from d10 to d8. So about as little mind control as you can have and still have it be mind control.

«2 »