Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Whats the most scared youve ever been in a video game?

I put down RE4 for a month the first time you see a regenerator on the medical table because I knew he would wake up when I picked up a key or something and I was too much of a pussy to power through it. Then I looked up guides on how to kill it and stuff to hype myself up enough to deal with it, and when the time came, I still panicked, kept accidentally missing, and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Control Volume posted:

I put down RE4 for a month the first time you see a regenerator on the medical table because I knew he would wake up when I picked up a key or something and I was too much of a pussy to power through it. Then I looked up guides on how to kill it and stuff to hype myself up enough to deal with it, and when the time came, I still panicked, kept accidentally missing, and died
Goldmine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They look like monsters to you?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I was watching my uncle play Myst when I was really little and in one of the brothers rooms was a wooden chest that you could barely crack open to reveal teeth/viscera of a body inside. Creeped my lil mind out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Lmao. For real the regeneradors freaked me out too

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Licker jumping through the interrogation room glass in the police station in Resident Evil 2. It's just so much louder than every other glass breaking sound effect in the game.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

The dogs in RE and the labs / npp in STALKER

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When the scare man in Batman Arkham Asylum makes your screen get all hosed up I was legitimantly worried that my GPU was dying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I was a kid I was dead scared of the enemy’s in HexeN so I would break open a stained glass cubby and hide in ther for 10 minutes at a time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

When the scare man in Batman Arkham Asylum makes your screen get all hosed up I was legitimantly worried that my GPU was dying.

The scare man

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the bathtub scene in eternal darkness

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the sounds that redead made in oot/majoras mask really freaked me out as a kid, i'd do everything i could to just avoid them and run.

MM had a mask in it that makes them harmless and dance around in super goofy ways and that helped me get over them, ty ninty

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the firs ttime you go into the sewers in STALKER and one of those psionic things fucks with your brain. also that first FMV of a zombie in resident evil where he chews the head off. I couldnt play for like a week

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the moving sack in the trash can in RE4

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hondo's secrets in AHL maps

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

The batman game where you grapple up to a building ledge and right as you start pulling yourself up the ledge Manbat screams right in your loving face fucks me up to this day whenever i climb a ladder/pull myself up a ledge in any game where the camera is angled in a way to hide the top of the ledge

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
The whole space bending part at the end of silent hill scared the hell out of me. It was just so strange.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh the old lady in RE7 reminded me of my really old grandma and scared the bejeezus out of me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

The whole space bending part at the end of silent hill scared the hell out of me. It was just so strange.

Lot's of stuff in Silent hill is great like this, not many jump scares but just unnerving you for hours on end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nothing happens in it but spending like 15 minutes trying to find my way through the fog lake made me genuinely lost and scared.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

In Training posted:

Lot's of stuff in Silent hill is great like this, not many jump scares but just unnerving you for hours on end

You're telling me.. as a dying cat or something was outside of the house when it was going on! It sounded like a baby crying os I left the game on all night, ran upstairs, and went to bed. I was 15 but I am not ashamed!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

One time me and my brother were playing paper mario n a summer night in the basement, and we were doing the creepy forest part so we were on edge. Well right at a tense part of the game our neighbors cat came right up to the window screen and meowed loudly out of nowhere and scared the crap out of us

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you guys spectated bob in CS you’d think every moment was the biggest scare of his life.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason as a kid I was really scared of the last stage in Bart vs The Space Mutants. It's the nuclear power plant stage where you can give some of the vials to Marge. The only problem was literally out of no where the screen would go black and then it cuts to the scene of her putting the vials in that thing in the basement. It always startled the poo poo out of me.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think the only time i remembered being scared of a game is when i was like 5 or 6 and we'd rented one of the Dizzy games for the NES. you go down to a cave part of the map, and there's a dragon that's like 10 times your size. that scared me for some reason.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i think the only time i remembered being scared of a game is when i was like 5 or 6 and we'd rented one of the Dizzy games for the NES. you go down to a cave part of the map, and there's a dragon that's like 10 times your size. that scared me for some reason.

im scared of sector corrector now

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

im scared of sector corrector now

i understand the implications of the The Dizzy the Egg meme

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I was never able to beat the n64 Scooby Doo Classic Creep Capers because whenever any of the monsters caught me I’d freak out and turn the system off

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
The bloody hallway leading to the fight with cyborg ninja in metal gear solid made me instantly get up and walk out the room when I was a kid. That scene was the most hosed up thing I had watched in a video game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It was late at night during my first ever playthrough of MGS2 when the colonel starts going nuts on you and there's eerie music in the background and you're butt naked and his face keeps turning into a skull

That poo poo freaked me out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

man nurse posted:

It was late at night during my first ever playthrough of MGS2 when the colonel starts going nuts on you and there's eerie music in the background and you're butt naked and his face keeps turning into a skull

That poo poo freaked me out

I had been playing MGS2 for 8 hours straight when I got to this part for the first time and I thought I was going crazy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

Hey man I uh actually played Dizzy The Egg as a kid too 😔 and I guess you could say I definitely got "scared of it" and still kind of am. Feel free to PM me if you need to reach out

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

there was some flintstones game on the nes with a creepy dinosaur right at the beginning and four year old me couldn't handle it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My sister told me when I was a kid that if I didn't make it into Peach's castle in Mario 64 in a short enough time, Bowser would jump out of the stained glass window and murder me. I havent played a game since then that replicated the primal, life or death fear I felt running to the front door.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NienNunb posted:

My sister told me when I was a kid that if I didn't make it into Peach's castle in Mario 64 in a short enough time, Bowser would jump out of the stained glass window and murder me. I havent played a game since then that replicated the primal, life or death fear I felt running to the front door.

this is awesome

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

your sister sounds chad af

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

One time I fell asleep to a playlist of AVGN videos and I woke up to the exact moment timestamped in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJEXpsDB2XQ&t=360s

It startled me really badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

NienNunb posted:

lol

• Locked thread