Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Papagane is a treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
One of the strongest dads in manga, has to be

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh god. Kei's got a bunch of spendthrift online strangers crushing on her. Papagane what have you done.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Kei's gonna start an Onlyfans any day now.

The money is too much to resist

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
i feel like if he got desperate enough shirogane could call on kaguya to protect his sister's honour, unless kaguya just ended up donating for more Kei time herself.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Kaguya would absolutely spend 100k yen to talk to Kei alone for ten minutes.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 2, 2020

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeSevigny posted:

i feel like if he got desperate enough shirogane could call on kaguya to protect his sister's honour, unless kaguya just ended up donating for more Kei time herself.

You say that as though Kaguya isn't already the viewer who's donating money every time Kei walks past.

ndor
Jan 17, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Daddy is the Beast.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Catpetter1981 posted:

You say that as though Kaguya isn't already the viewer who's donating money every time Kei walks past.

That would be pretty hilarious. I think learning that Kaguya is behind Papagane's latest development would make a lot of sense, though if it turns out it happened because Papagane's just actually a talented and cool dude that's nice too. Still, Kaguya seems too involved in knowing everything Prez related to let this fly under her radar.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OTOH, she's probably super wary of Papagane in general.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
And remember Kaguya is incredibly sheltered. I would not be surprised if she doesn't know about this you tube streaming thing. Especially since Hayasaca is not obligated to keep her in the loop anymore.

But she absolutely would fund Kei channel with thousand of bots and some kind of moderation to kick every other weirdo if she knew how.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Someone translated a drunken Akasaka AMA

No college arc planned for Kaguya manga. :cry:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Grouchio posted:

He only said "Graduation". He didn't mention which "Graduation". :heysexy:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

He only said "Graduation". He didn't mention which "Graduation". :heysexy:

If they're going to Stanford, they're not even going to graduate from Shuchi'in. :taps temple:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah. Like Akasaka seems rather full of Big Sorachi Energy, so he's just probably teasing the everloving gently caress out of people that keep asking "Hey, what's coming next?"

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Grouchio posted:

"Akasaka AMA translation" posted:

Will Hayasaka be happy?

Yeah.

Hayasaka X Justice

"Akasaka AMA translation" posted:

Will Maki ever be happy?

I don't know.

Maki X Suffering

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
That is some Big Ara Ara Energy from the Occult Club pres.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

That is some Big Ara Ara Energy from the Occult Club pres.
It's oddly funny that they decided to give the girl with the "ara ara" trait the schtick of being a shameless perv.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
unbelievable

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
haha, I'm vindicated! i'm vindicated

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He just wants everyone to be happy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

klapman posted:

haha, I'm vindicated! i'm vindicated
This is a big moment for you, isn't it?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Does JB have a functional site I can check for an update? I just can't do the speedscans for this series

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Dangerous Person posted:

Does JB have a functional site I can check for an update? I just can't do the speedscans for this series
https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Looks like no update yet but I appreciate the link

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Someone will post the link soon after it's released.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
you're usually waiting until weds nite/thurs morn for jaiminis version

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Yea usually around 11pm Wednesday

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Wark Say posted:

This is a big moment for you, isn't it?

it proves that akasaka and I are on the same mental wavelength, and so Fujiwara will have a big serious arc and Miko will not get with Ishigami but they'll become good friends instead

though I do think they'd be an incredible couple

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Someone will post the link soon after it's released.

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/191/1

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I love JB'a translations, internet husbando slayed me.

I also really like the idea that even with a lot of youtube success, Papagane is still 40+ years away from paying off his debt. If there's a wedding flash-forward, it'd be fun if Kaguya offered to pay off his debt as a wedding gift, and even better if someone calls it a reverse dowry (~the swallow's dowry~?). I think that's a fun scene whether Papagane accepts it or not.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

50,000 subscribers in a few months is an insanely Pace. If he keeps growing like that he'll have it paid off in like 10 years.

Edit: Also Break Next Week :negative:

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 4, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Papa Shirogane continues to own

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Daddy has entered the building. :mmmsmug:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo what a chapter :allears:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Papa finally getting some respect and love from his kids was nice.

The dark side of Kei popping on camera for money was hilarious too. I swear this manga has more "I want to see this come up again as a callback/running gag or be followed up on" than any other comedy manga I can recall. Shirogane telling Kaguya about Kei's situation and then Kaguya and Kei talking about it sounds like a killer chapter premise. I'd be really interested in seeing how she'd respond to it. It'd also be funny if this was what made him finally break down and ask Kaguya for money or for her to use her influence. Then they could both dramatically rush to stop Kei from corrupting herself and reveal that she was about to like, go get water during Papagane's stream with her belly button showing or something else incredibly tame, but literally everyone involved treats it like she was about to take a guy into a love hotel and it's all high drama and hysterics.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Given the research he's done and his proven success as a regular Youtuber, I feel like Papagane would have made even more money if he went the Vtuber route.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Game Grumps spotted on page 7! :vince:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Man the feel of the YouTube thumbnails and titles were SPOT ON Papagane's got a real thing going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Why do you suppose certain chapters are named Kaguya Shinomiya's Impossible Challenge?