Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This school is terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
idk I've read a lot of manga and this seems like a perfectly average Japanese high school to me

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I expect this plan to absolve Ishigami somewhat, but blow up in Tsubame's face by someone openly trying to take Ishigami away from her or something. Or Iino gets involved.

Edit: wrong girl.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 23, 2020

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I expect this plan to absolve Ishigami somewhat, but blow up in Tsubame's face by someone openly trying to take Ishigami away from her or something. Or Iino gets involved.

Edit: wrong girl.

I don't think Tsubame is trying to date Ishigami.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It was framed as like a farewell gift, wasn't it?

It's also fundamentally a betrayal of trust from Ishigami's perspective. I don't think he'll appreciate this at all.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Tbh Ishigami's martyr complex is super unhealthy.

He definitely won't appreciate it but it might be the wake up call he needs.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Kaguya has signed off on the idea, and Fujiwara isn't in the in-group. It'll work just fine, even if he doesn't accept it at first.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Kaguya being for the plan gives me hope because Kaguya really cherishes Ishigami and has a decent understanding of him, so I doubt she'd go for the plan if she didn't have confidence in it working/helping Ishigami.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't think Ishigami has come this far to still be hung up on some kinda immature martyr trip, especially if there's no fallout from it

That being said, I get the distinct impression ribbon senpai is probably still not interested in him romantically, so... congratulations, Iino, now you just need to get your act together

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The only way to fight rumors is with rumors. This is what we call the Persona 2 method.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Eagerly awaiting hitler's appearance in the manga.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
One thing's confusing me. The new rumor they're propagating is "Ogino cheated, Ishigami found out and stayed silent to protect Ootomo," but isn't that literally what happened? Or is the manga implying the whole Ogino thing went even deeper than what the readers have seen?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The thing that Ogino did is that he was cheating on/sleeping around behind Ootomo's back, but Ogino had enough people on his side/was higher on the Shuchi'in Junior High's social totem pole than our boi Ishigami. Once Ishigami found out, Ogino basically went "Shame if word got out--" aimed at Ootomo. Then, well, the incident happened which got Ishigami on a ton of people's shitlists + got him suspended throughout the rest of his JH 3rd year.

I honestly don't think Tsubame's plan will go awry due to "how will Ishigami react". While not as much as our main duo, Ishigami has had a very fun character arc so far and, while Akasaka might be a jokester/a tease of an author, I'm pretty certain he's not gonna do wrong by his own characters.

The way I see it, the funnest way this might go "wrong" might come down to Tsubame herself.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

theGrooseofLegend posted:

One thing's confusing me. The new rumor they're propagating is "Ogino cheated, Ishigami found out and stayed silent to protect Ootomo," but isn't that literally what happened? Or is the manga implying the whole Ogino thing went even deeper than what the readers have seen?

It's hinted in the chapter he was even more of a scumbag than that, yeah.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's hinted in the chapter he was even more of a scumbag than that, yeah.

Yeah I think Ogino tried to cover up his cheating by letting people who catch him see her more private photos.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Honestly after all the hype and secretiveness I expected the plan to be more elaborated than just telling everyone the truth. There HAS to be more to it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Petiso posted:

Honestly after all the hype and secretiveness I expected the plan to be more elaborated than just telling everyone the truth. There HAS to be more to it.

It's not the truth though. It's a half truth

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Plot twist: Ootomo comes back and confesses to Ishigami.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mirage posted:

Plot twist: Ootomo comes back and confesses to Ishigami.
I would legit make these faces+sound combinations if those were Tsubame's intentions all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gar_GTKBZk

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New Chapter

Also Those two are the new president and VP of the mass media club? The spin-off is gonna go crazy

Also, lol, there another girl he could've picked up for his "harem" but getting held back three times is oof.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
My response was the same as Ishigami regarding the actual goddess.

Also, it's nice to have the HQ version out first.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

drat, ishigami could have had a cute gamer girl gf if only Fujiwara had introduced then.

Now he has to settle for Tsubame or Miko.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edit: wrong girl

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 30, 2020

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Why the hell was Tsubame held back three years?

She was not. Mega-ko was. Because she was training to be a pro fps goddess.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Also she was only held back once.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
ah gently caress I'm getting emotional.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
ALL HAIL PRESIDENT KAREN

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MikeSevigny posted:

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT KAREN

RIP the Mass Media Club. The publishing of Kagu X Shiro doujinshi was just too much.

That last scene, that was the previous StuCo wasn't it?

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 1, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tarezax posted:

Also she was only held back once.

I thought it was Twice. As she said repeating for a 3rd time would be bad.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

MonsterEnvy posted:

So wouldn't that girl be like 20 years old? Probably not the best match for Ishigami then lol.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

She said doing her senior year a third time would be bad. If she was held back a second time, she'd have to do a third senior year.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

So wouldn't that girl be like 20 years old? Probably not the best match for Ishigami then lol.
i think every woman who could be romantically interested in ishigami is older than him

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Xelkelvos posted:

RIP the Mass Media Club. The publishing of Kagu X Shiro doujinshi was just too much.

That last scene, that was the previous StuCo wasn't it?

Yeah, it was. I recognize the ex-prez who recruited Shirogane and Momo, who was the treasurer. No idea who the other two are. Also, now I am really curious why the ex-prez tried to hide away, and why he considers himself unpopular.

Amazing chapter all in all.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Warden posted:

Yeah, it was. I recognize the ex-prez who recruited Shirogane and Momo, who was the treasurer. No idea who the other two are. Also, now I am really curious why the ex-prez tried to hide away, and why he considers himself unpopular.

I could have sworn that ex-prez was also one of those kids who transfered into the high school and was therefore an outsider.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Warden posted:

The others are presumably the other positions like Vice President and Secretary. Shirogane was General Affairs or something with that group.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Momo was also there, so she respects him a little, perhaps.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Isn't the blonde guy the dude who confessed to Fujiwara?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Megako was going through an entire spin-off manga's worth of life-changing events and we didn't even know.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

we're all the protagonist of our own stories.

unless you're friends with Fujiwara. then she's the protagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New Chapter

On the one hand, YES ISHIGAMI

On the other hand, oh no Tsubame.