Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I knew a guy in high school who was really musically talented. Since we were both on the same competitive percussion ensemble I was glad to have him around, and he was a nice enough guy one you got to know him. But sometimes he could be kind of arrogant about his abilities. We all thought he would go on to maybe do drum corps or teach somewhere, maybe pursue a career in music or even write music for a living. But after graduating in 2003 he sort of dropped off the map and neither myself or any of my friends kept in touch with him.

Well a few months ago I remembered the guy and reached out on Facebook to friend him. Doesn't look like he's doing much with music anymore, but guess what he's into now? Roller coasters. He posts like 3-4 selfies PER WEEK from the top of a roller coaster hill and in just about every picture he's wearing that roller coaster's official shirt. He mostly goes to the theme park down the road that has a pretty large coaster, but I've seen posts where he takes extended trips to theme parks around the country to try their roller coasters as well.

Not only am I surprised to know someone in my life who's super into roller coasters like Kimmy Schmidt's mom, but I suppose it's equally as surprising that it was this particular kid, this upperclassman I used to look up to as a musician, who we all thought we'd be hearing on the radio one day.

What sort of weird things are some of your acquaintances from high school into these days? Is it surprising because of who they were in high school or is it a weird thing to be into regardless? Or both like my coaster buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Building fire pits seems to be all the rage these days.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I haven't used facebook in a long time, but one of the punks from my HS is a racist piece of poo poo now.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Two guys I know have opened their own gyms. Not weird but pretty cool actually and they both seem really happy

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Rabidly supporting Donald Trump.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

One girl is really into guns. Like you know in Tremors, where you see Burt's basement and it's all filled with guns for comedic purposes? I think she saw that and decided that she should emulate that. She had a gender reveal party for her upcoming baby and the cake was a giant gun, to show it's a boy. Which doesn't make sense considering HER love of guns, but I guess a gun really is a penis substitute deep down.

A guy I was friends with is REALLY into drugs. I think he took some experimental stuff right after high school that fundamentally altered his brain chemistry, because every post is just "Smoking weed today - hell yea!" or "MDMA Party tonight, Rick and Morty BITCH".

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I dunno op, I only talk to one person from high school. I assume many of them are into things such as "raising children" I mean wtf haha

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bradzilla posted:

I dunno op, I only talk to one person from high school. I assume many of them are into things such as "raising children" I mean wtf haha

Yeah, my best friend from HS is more interested in that than anything else now. It sucks that we won't meet up and go on a 3 day bender in Chicago ever again.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Numerology. Saturn (the planet) is literally to blame for everything.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I don't know first hand, but I've heard that there are a bunch of fuckin weirdos from my old high school that seem to care and pay attention to what people they went to high school with are doing.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even remember where I went to school much less who was there. I hope they're all dead.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Frankenstyle posted:

I don't know first hand, but I've heard that there are a bunch of fuckin weirdos from my old high school that seem to care and pay attention to what people they went to high school with are doing.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

handjobs.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also touching boobs under the shirt but over the bra

Woden
May 6, 2006

Frankenstyle posted:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

also touching boobs under the shirt but over the bra

That’s not touching boobs

gaydad
Mar 23, 2015
Marrying and divorcing two military dudes in less than a year

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i just learned from a necromancer friend that the highschool state champ jock prom king national honors society valedictorian opened up his rear end so big it folded over and now he lives in his own rear end in a top hat like a cocoon. still in his parent's basement but he lives in his own rear end these days.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

MLMs and basing their entire identities on politics.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Sponge Baathist posted:

i just learned from a necromancer friend that the highschool state champ jock prom king national honors society valedictorian opened up his rear end so big it folded over and now he lives in his own rear end in a top hat like a cocoon. still in his parent's basement but he lives in his own rear end these days.

I've seen this happen before. Be careful that you don't get swallowed up your own rear end yourself.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Crossfit, libertarianism

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

ha, like goons ever talk to people outside the forums

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

1redflag posted:

I've seen this happen before. Be careful that you don't get swallowed up your own rear end yourself.

People never learn that analmancy is not for the novice... I've seen more "dark" wizards vanish using analmancy spells then any other dark magic. drat shame they were not taught the dangers early on from an experienced Analmancer.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
One of my best friends from highschool is extremely anti-muslim now and constantly posts things from that religion of peace website with isis beheading videos when those were popular and just generally calling for the eradication of islam. Also she had a son and named it Kefka. We don't talk much anymore.

Another guy is totally obsessed with herbalife and I hate reading about his son that he calls a herbababy all the time and how when they lost their house and had to sell their herbalife out of his wife's parents place it wasn't herbalife's fault, in fact they are the only thing that is keeping them going etc.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

timp posted:

competitive percussion ensemble

timp posted:

drum corps

timp posted:

Kimmy Schmidt

the rollercoaster guy( while extremely lame) is significantly less lame than you.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1redflag posted:

Thankfully my avatar is a picture of me and you can clearly see that I have no rear end

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

This guy who used to bully me is a rapper now and got Nelly to come perform in our little city last month

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Recording the inside of elevators

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sid Vicious posted:

used to bully me

That explains everything.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

A Fancy Hat posted:

One girl is really into guns. Like you know in Tremors, where you see Burt's basement and it's all filled with guns for comedic purposes? I think she saw that and decided that she should emulate that. She had a gender reveal party for her upcoming baby and the cake was a giant gun, to show it's a boy. Which doesn't make sense considering HER love of guns, but I guess a gun really is a penis substitute deep down.

This is how I picture all Americans

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Jose Mengelez posted:

the rollercoaster guy( while extremely lame) is significantly less lame than you.

:flip:

Just to clarify, I'm not hating on the guy or anything. Dude looks legit happy in these pics and I'm honestly glad to see he's doin alright. It's just that I've never known a single person to get so excited about roller coasters who wasn't under the age of 16, and it's literally the only thing he ever posts about. And again, if I had to pick one person from my past to get really into roller coasters, I probably wouldn't have guessed it'd be this guy.

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Recording the inside of elevators

gently caress yeah that's the kind of poo poo I'm looking for

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Sid Vicious posted:

This guy who used to bully me is a rapper now and got Nelly to come perform in our little city last month

destroy him in a freestyle battle

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

After sending him this meme on Friday, a type of thing I have sent him many times before without issue and getting the expected 'lol'/'idgi', instead saying something about it being suspiciously Marxist, escalating to a weekend-long increasingly disorganized stream of texts about Marxism and memes and societal destruction unprompted, culminating last night in him thinking I was some kind of imposter and not actually me, revealing ongoing weed and amp use which are absolutely not for him and very destabilizing having apparently tricked his doctor into giving him those instead of stuff he actually needs which is extra bad bc he has an infant son, detailing a conspiracy against him by the justice of the peace, and making up seriously damaging rumors about a mutual friend and actually texting said rumors to said friend's family. :(

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
The two main cults some people from my HS are into are MLMs and Crossfit.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
know a guy who got really into benzodiazapines then jordan peterson then richard spencer then heroin.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A girl from my high school year finished top 10 or so in a Miss World contest so she has probably seen Donny's pee-pee.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Cosplaying as sonic the hedgehog

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
A guy swore off "western women" then flew to Thailand to gently caress prostitutes!

client
Aug 19, 2010

#pitbullmommy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Girl in my highschool got knocked up by her rehab counsellor. The baby didn't look quite right.

• Locked thread