Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WIxoVzevHk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FAke

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

I got the #8 score in the world but got cucked by airplane mode not letting you upload to leaderboard after reconnecting :emo:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like score games and leaderboards but its best if you can directly compete with other players too and the leaderboards are just a secondary part of it. when it comes down to showing off your strength and ability as a person .. i think its the most fun when you can cruelly and ruthlessly force other people to see their own limits in the process

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Zachtronics games are the best form of that because they show a vague histogram of scores from all players, and then you see the exact numbers from friends who managed to do things with one less part and you start tearing your hair out trying to figure out how

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I had like 114k in re4 mercenaries with weaker on the village stage. I don't know if it's good but I was proud of it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

i like score games and leaderboards but its best if you can directly compete with other players too and the leaderboards are just a secondary part of it. when it comes down to showing off your strength and ability as a person .. i think its the most fun when you can cruelly and ruthlessly force other people to see their own limits in the process

this is like the mindset of a sports anime villain

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

this is like the mindset of a sports anime villain

lel. but i think its a fine mindset to have as long as you still have respect for the people you play with. if you want to win in a competition then someone has to lose for you to be able to do that anyway

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had the #1 score in the world on a stage in NES Remix, OP. And a few top 10 scores in Lovely Planet. Farewell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

No greater pleasure than appearing on a server and hearing and seeing people be like "Oh hell naw" before you even start playing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

lel. but i think its a fine mindset to have as long as you still have respect for the people you play with. if you want to win in a competition then someone has to lose for you to be able to do that anyway

it's understandable, i wasn't trying to be judgmental. but it did sound like a monologue that a beautiful man with long cyan hair would deliver to a grimacing teenager protagonist.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish they would reinstate Todd Rogers just because of how epic he is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got sixty two trillion points in Centipede.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it's understandable, i wasn't trying to be judgmental. but it did sound like a monologue that a beautiful man with long cyan hair would deliver to a grimacing teenager protagonist.

some people just cant help saying things like It's useless ... your half baked techniques are all utterly useless in the face of my "Steel Constitution"!! instead of normal things. thats why they end up doing things like sports instead of loving

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

some people just cant help saying things like It's useless ... your half baked techniques are all utterly useless in the face of my "Steel Constitution"!! instead of normal things. thats why they end up doing things like sports instead of loving

lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

"Ah . . . !"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

I watched Jojo on my phone at the gym yesterday and briefly turned into this person

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

When devil daggers first came out this was my life and now every one of my friends got minutes past my time and I'm crushed.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i used to have the record on a few songs in audiosurf that actually had 1 or 2 other people below me (plus a few where i was the only entrant, lol)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

No greater pleasure than appearing on a server and hearing and seeing people be like "Oh hell naw" before you even start playing.

that is cool, once it went against me though when i put doom on the school computers and eventually no one would play on the same server as me because i would mercilessly own them and not even let them frag me out of pity

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i used to have the record on a few songs in audiosurf that actually had 1 or 2 other people below me (plus a few where i was the only entrant, lol)

the first thing i did when i got the recordings of some of my songs from my old band was go home and play them in audiosurf so you could say ive been the world record holder for life on many tracks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I like beating my friends scores in isaac dailies but I couldn't care less about everyone else since PC is full of hackers. The first like 500 are always hacked. It sucks

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZMnF1VNlE

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i remember that

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoVvgSwPDYk

In Training