Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Really interesting thread, but you really need to do something about your picture hosting. I know it's already been said, so i'm just reiterating. It also has nothing to do with "old" computers or however you put it. Trust me.

That said, get your poo poo together and keep posting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

Well, that was a really loving boring few minutes clicking and pressing "h", so hopefully it makes a difference :)

ahhh-much better

schmug
May 20, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

Just a fyi - might want to use the "l" suffix instead of the "h" one for a lot of those massive image dumps, since you're posting enough images to cause incomplete loading.

If you want to see the image in its full glory - on Windows anyway - you can just view image (open image in new tab in Chrome) and remove the last h/l before the ".jpg". The originals have resolution to spare.

images are fine. DesperateDan, you done good.

But what exactly besides a cairn are you doing there? You didn't stroke out or something did you?

edit:
i means besides the pond? I keep trying to figure out what all the "stone" is for, but this post only partially cleared that up.

schmug fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 18, 2018

schmug
May 20, 2007

Maugrim posted:

Post title explains it - it's a lizard hotel.

lol, ok.

schmug
May 20, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

I have my eye on a makita electric saw for smaller bits of tree- it will use the same batteries as my drill/driver and for a lot of bits would be fine, but I need to build up to taking on really big bits of tree, so a reasonable hp petrol engined chainsaw with a shorter bar for now, then upgrade later when I have skill/more cash.

I have a Makita Reciprocating Saw with a 5ah 18V lithium and it runs for a very long time. It's great for pruning and the like.

get some of these and you're golden

schmug fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

cool stuff.

DesperateDan posted:

We cleaned them up a little and here's what they look like- still no real idea what either was- the remaining dirt on the first piece is very tough and concrete like, and the segmented construction makes me think of an old style bucket, the smaller bit seems to have paint on both sides. When I get a chance I intend on investigating some more to try and figure out what metals they are made of, and I'm going to have to set aside an area for a museum because it belongs in a museum along with the old bovril bottle, a few spent shotgun cartridges and the tent peg of akhenaten

More, soon?

This almost looks like it has graduations on it with a track. Maybe some kind of vernier caliper part?