Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I love this thread. It's wholesome and cute but it takes forever to load on my lovely computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

It was just a personal complaint, please continue having loads of great pictures, Dan!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

I apparently have cows. As in at least 3. Wasn't planning a trip today but it seems the bovine comedy continues and I'm gonna have to pop down after work and see if they moooved on

Cows are precious, treat them well.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

I'm gonna have a few as neighbors for a while :) the owners didn't want Eunice getting lonely so more cows are now here for a long holiday with the hopes they will herd up a bit- fencing has been repaired a bit and a few creature comforts installed so they can hopefully stay happily on the right side of the fence.

Got some non cow pics and will try and chuck em up tomorrow

I only care about cow pics now :colbert:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

The pictures load much smoother now, so thanks for sorting that (and thread for advising)

How on earth you not only went out to do work in this loving heat but STARTED A FIRE is beyond me.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Please don't hurt the animals even if they're not on the queen's territory. :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

I only hunt grey squirrel on sight- there's really no other way to dent the numbers of them, and if I didn't they would mess up the local wildlife- they have no natural predators, reproduce rapidly, act like locusts on food supply and are invasive to the point they will quite literally turf baby birds/eggs out of a suitable nest. I can probably turf up more reading on it generally if you want but culling them really is the only option available that stops my woods from being overrun with nothing but squirrel. It's not my desire to hurt anything, and when I do things right they never know another thing happened.

I know, but it still makes me sad.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

All the best to your catte

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Fresh pears are the best, I'm jealous.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Your kids are really great sports. I would've told my dad to gently caress off with that hard labour poo poo. Again, I applaud you for going out in this weather. 33 in London today.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Yay, good news about the catte!

I've been informed that scone is pronounced skon and people who rhyme it with stone are wrong and awful. Confirm/deny?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

TheMightyHandful posted:

Jam then cream is the right way. It’s all about structural integrity

:yeah:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Brexit prep well under way then, I see. I'm coming up to yours if everything goes to poo poo. Mostly for the vodka, that looks amazing.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Great Post, great catte, great spiders. 10/10

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

What's the eta on the secret project?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Sounds exciting! Looking forward to seeing it when you're done.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Hope you feel better soon, Dan. Your bathroom tiling looks crazy familiar to me but I can't place it. I reckon it's something I saw in a hotel once?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Just popping by to say how great this thread is.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Phew, I had an erotic spresm reading that.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Glad you made it home OK, was a bit worried about your doomposts in the UKMT. Sounds like you deserve another hot choc.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Must sadly report Hicks has died- he got worse over the last few days, then late last night had a seizure so I took him to the emergency vets around 2am for the only kind option left. He went out without discomfort, purring away loudly while being fussed and thanked.

He was a constant part of family life for the best part of a decade, and I miss the hell out of that little ginger bastard right now.

Dug out some emergency scotch and called pizzahut, having a wake right now. Little poo poo loved trying to steal pizza. RIP Hicks, 2011-2019

Sorry for your loss. Hicks was a good catte.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

I'm gonna guess the little wooden thing is a trap door for you underground secret bunker and that is the big plan.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

What's with that fancy black handled shovel you got there? Looks all weird-like.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Awesome update. Is the mystery box part of the big mystery project or is it a separate mystery? :iiam:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

We're coming up to your Fort when brexit finally goes through in 2069 for shelter.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

This is great. Congrats Dan your thread is now a content generating thread. Only a matter of time until you get on the front page!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Good progress! This is making me have second thoughts about the type of flats I'm looking to move into because a garden for veggies looks awesome.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

spookygonk posted:

That's a good breakfast.

Very jealous of that brekkie.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Happy anniversary. I admire your dedication to taking literally everything that is even slightly mechanic apart up to and including your loving car.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

The incorporation of videos in addition to stills has made this thread a solid 11/10.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

I'm facinated by people working poo poo out with nothing but hot/cold air and I like your wee chimney. I once saw a fridge built out of clay or something with absolutely no electronics and it blew my mind.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Niric posted:

Fingers crossed for you mate, this all sounds stressful as hell

Seconded. Hope it all goes well!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

I have had a few various hungry beasts at mine from slug to woodlouse to blackbird (drat birds also took some raspberries) but I haven't had any splitters yet- probably later in the year

Splitters are easy, just head on down to your local trot association.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Oh, so the advice is to pick them off without any stal'in

:dadjoke:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Love this thread :five:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Please don't feel pressured to post, your health is obviously the first priority.

Patrick is a cutie. :3:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Seeing new posts in this thread always works my wood. :hawaaaafap:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

bows and not yet bowsaws

That's one nice looking shroom.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

oh well

It ain't lyme. For currently unknown reasons my immune system is beating the poo poo out of my liver and triggering the other symptoms, my diagnosis is autoimmune hepatitis (confirmed) and chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia (probable, not really a testable thing).

Survival rates are pretty good but the fact I'm looking at survival rates at all is a bit of a downer.

Probably have another birdfeeder vid up in a day or two, turns out uploading a hundred gig of 4k video takes some time. More soon.

At least you've got a diagnosis. Not knowing was always much, much harder for me. Hopefully now that you've got one it'll be easier to get proper treatment. Always enjoy this thread and your contributions in the UKMT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Don't doxx me.