Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Unmature
May 9, 2008

The old screenwriting thread is locked so I figured I'd start a new one.

Whatcha working on? How's it going? Are you planning to submit it somewhere? Put it here and get some notes! Introduce yourself when you post your work. What kind of things do you like to write? Are you trying to do this as a career?

Feel free to share resources, your work, the work of others you find inspiring, really anything to do with TV/film screenwriting.

Be harsh with critiques, but don't be mean about it. We all gotta start somewhere.

If something is posted as a link, don't include it if you're quoting their post in case they modify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Double posting to get things started.

I'm in LA for a week to talk to some people in TV and get some advice about becoming a real-rear end TV writer! I have some coffee meetings with some writers I really respect and admire so I'm already using this trip better than I thought I would. Helps that I'm already unemployed and a friend of mine has a couch in Santa Monica I can stay on. So I hopped a flight to SoCal and rented a car for the week.

I'm currently working on a few different pilots, the one closest to something I would consider worth showing to people is this one:

The Bullpen
Half hour comedy pilot
31 pages
Logline: A too-ready-to-please nerd gets a job in the editorial offices of a major comic book publisher in the 1970's.
Current state: A rough first draft. I feel like it's still a mess, but the voice, most of the characters, and some of the humor are there. Still needs plenty of tinkering. I'm still messing with it every day, so if I update the link I'll put a note here. I've been working on this draft for a little over a month.
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kasq84p4f...0pilot.pdf?dl=0

Taking all notes!

Unmature fucked around with this message at May 23, 2018 around 04:58

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Thanks for starting up a new thread Unmature!

Someone posted a really cool resource in the old thread that I couldn't find and don't have bookmarked. I'm hoping it's fairly well known. It's a website where you can search by show title to find copied PDFs of screenplays and scripts. It doesn't have everything, but it has a lot. Does anyone know what I'm describing or have something similar?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

ExtraNoise posted:

Thanks for starting up a new thread Unmature!

Someone posted a really cool resource in the old thread that I couldn't find and don't have bookmarked. I'm hoping it's fairly well known. It's a website where you can search by show title to find copied PDFs of screenplays and scripts. It doesn't have everything, but it has a lot. Does anyone know what I'm describing or have something similar?

Oh I hope you find it, that sounds great. I usually just google the name of the show and "script" or something and have pretty good luck.