Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh yeah the funniest part about that Ronda vs Nia announcement is a bunch of the female talent were told to tweet out how excited they were for the match. And then Sasha liked these tweets:

Even though she's 100% right, this is probably why she'll never sniff another title again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

There was no fallout, other than just Asuka losing the streak. Charolette went on to lose the title via cash-in then lose again to Carmella at Backlash, meanwhile Asuka became "Just another wrestler" immediately.

Pretty sure WWE is protecting Asuka still. She can lose tag matches now, but other than that single tag match on Smackdown that she lost (and even then it was a dirty finish), she hasn't lost anything since, including at house shows. Wouldn't be shocked if she's the one to take the title from Carmella. It's not like she has anyone else credible to face on the babyface side. Naomi is more directionless than Asuka, and Becky is the designated babyface jobber right now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Regardless of the outcome, keep Enzo away from the company. He hid the investigation from them, and was apparently absolutely hated backstage as it is.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Ronda has been thrown into six woman tag matches. Bryan brought it up on WOL today. They changed all of her singles matches to 6 woman tags. :psyduck:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

The :psyduck: part is that they weren't doing that to begin with.

To be fair, she was supposed to be facing Mickie James in singles action, and she's a pretty decent and safe hand in the ring.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TV rights news:

https://twitter.com/THRMattBelloni/status/996868265241600000

Basically USA is keeping RAW, and Smackdown is probably going to another network.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bloodysabbath posted:

If they’re really going to be getting that kind of money from USA just for Raw, this product is going to get even worse for the foreseeable future, and I never thought that could be possible.

I think it depends on where Smackdown goes. If they go to a network like Fox, ABC, or CBS, Smackdown will likely improve in quality.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Won't SD get higher ratings than Raw if it ends up on Fox?

Yes, and the best part is people claiming that Vince won't sign with Fox simply because that's a possibility. That would be leaving a ton of money on the table and probably piss off stockholders. Apparently Fox is looking into picking up Smackdown for their main channel according to some reports, NXT for FS1, and 205 Live for FS2.

I hope they leave NXT alone. I don't want/need Vince/Dunn meddling with it. :ohdear:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Abroham Lincoln posted:

In a surprise twist, it turns out they actually stacked Smackdown so hard because it will be the new A show.

However, the Monkey's Paw will make it a 3 hour show.

I know you are joking, but Fox is not interested in a 3 hour show. And from all reports backstage, neither is Vince. He apparently hates 3 hour RAWs, but USA loves them and pays a ton of money for them.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Reminder: For as terrible as WWE is, they make up for part of it by having my favorite human looking creature in George Barrios employed.

That is not photoshopped at all. To be honest I'm shocked WWE hasn't rented out his forehead as advertising space.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Guess who may be injured (again)?

https://twitter.com/xjhacking/status/997925187403288576?s=19

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh, the last Women's Money in the Bank qualifying match was set up for this week's Smackdown as well. It's Sonya Deville vs Naomi. So we have Billie Kay vs Lana and Sonya vs Naomi set.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wow, Carmella (or Becky) has mastered the power of being in two places at once! :aaaaa:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a reminder, a potential feud being teased for the future is the Bellas vs The IIconics. Apparently the Bellas want to work with them. So uhhhhh....yeah. :shepface:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The only appropriate response:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Not really a spoiler so I am going to post it here after much consideration (I originally posted it in the spoiler thread, but it was posted on her own twitter profile so whatever), but Kairi Sane is most likely at RAW tonight.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/998596101157605382

I wouldn't rule out a debut either, considering they have two MITB qualifying matches left for RAW, and they don't really have a high flyer in the match right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Please refer to Bobby Lashley as Bobbly Lashley from now on. The WWE app sent this notification out to everyone:

• Locked thread