Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Please tape more Raws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speaking of taping, advertised for SD is Styles/Nakamura nontitle, winner chooses stipulation for their title match

Congrats Nakamura for getting your only win of the feud

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

It's extremely funny how quickly they hosed Lashley up

Like gently caress, even Impact got Lashley right

WWE's hosed up Lashley both times they had him, and TNA didn't gently caress him up the only time they had him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They had him twice and hosed him up badly the first time.

*googles to double check* Oh yeah he was there in 2009, don't remember anything about that except I think he lost to Steiner, which I automatically assume was Good Because Steiner Won

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/br26/status/996471283893260288

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/996503014839119873

Apology tour going well according to WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I wasn't a super regular viewer but from what I remember it was just simply booking him as a MMA bad rear end who would kick rear end and not do much of the goofy stuff that undermines that kind of character. He was booked as an rear end kicker and he seemed to regularly deliver in headline matches.

Pretty much this yeah. He wasn't a goofy guy just trying to have fun and entertain fans, he wasn't a clearly-green guy being given a mic and told to cut promos with a lisp, he was taken seriously for the most part, and even when he had to do the very-rare comedy bit (fighting Edwards out of the ring and building during their match, and reappearing still fighting into the woods randomly midway through the hourlong Hardy compound main event that had nothing to do with either) it worked because it wasn't the norm and it wasn't out of place for that character. He didn't botch as much as he already has since his return, and even had legit good matches/feuds, like with Edwards

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lashley was actually there pretty much every week, so it was better

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE's gonna make like $300mil for literally just Raw lol

Hope yall weren't expecting 3 hours to become 2, if anything it's now likelier it becomes 4 hours

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

What could be a major game changer story for UFC, and inevitably if it is in UFC, will be with WWE, is that Leslie Smith’s filing of a complaint to the National Labor Relations Board may also include a ruling as to whether UFC fighters are employees or independent contractors.

The board, as part of its ruling on her complaint, would have to make a determination which category fighters fit into. The NLRB can’t go to bat or rule in cases involving independent contractors. Smith is claiming that UFC violated federal law that protects employees who engage in union activities by the nature of releasing her.

UFC used a sleight of hand as they never released her, as her contract expired and they opted not to sign her to a new contract even though she’s won her past two fights and her third fight saw her opponent miss weight and she didn’t fight. She was also ranked No. 9 in her weight class at the time they opted to not offer her a new deal and she was known for having exciting fights.

It’s not a secret why she was let go. But the NLRB can’t rule on it if she’s an independent contractor, meaning that ruling will be sped up.

If that ruling comes down that fighters are employees, that will almost inevitably carry over to WWE, which has far more control over its performances and over careers than UFC does.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

WWE will fight like hell to prevent that. They're a bunch of narcissistic egotistical corporatist sociopaths without a shred of human compassion. They will shell out tens of millions in lawyers and "donations" to politicians to ensure that they maintain the status quo. They will push the case up to the Supreme Court and call in all their favors from the Trump administration to get a favorable ruling.

But hey go ahead WWE marks and keep giving them money. It's not like normalizing slavery, the torture and execution of LGBT people, and the oppression of women as "progressive" was enough. It's not like the prospect bringing back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan is enough. Go ahead and keep giving them money so you can enjoy a few hours of lovely TV every week and a garbage PPV every month. You can always watch NXT on Hulu, but nope gotta have that WWE Network.

If you disagree with their actions, philosophy, writing, booking, and agenting you can let your voice be heard by cancelling your subscription. An avalanche starts with a few rolling pebbles.

Agreed completely. Never paid money for a sub, never will even consider it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Why does it bother you so much that people mention they're not subscribing to the network?

It really shouldn't, dude. You do you.

They only like groupthink here. Another example: NXT is magic and makes everything worth it and worth turning a blind eye to all else

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Remember when Bill Demott was a horrible rear end in a top hat running developmental?

He was hand-chosen by the current boss of NXT specifically because he would do the things he did.

Said current boss of NXT the magical savior was incidentally also the first person to publicly say Hogan would be welcomed back eventually after the incident blew over. Publicly said it less than 3 full calendar months after the incident too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Okay fine let's talk about something else.

Remember when the Roman Reigns experiment was a failure?

WWE's stock has quintupled since he's started 'being shoved down fan's throats'.

Since right now Hogan doesn't exist, this makes Reigns unquestionably the greatest top guy in the history of wrestling. (WWE stock's only movement during the Austin era was down)

Only in year 5 of it too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't quote myself because both threads I first posted about it in were obviously months ago and thus closed now, but

Today and yesterday at house shows Bryan's tried that diving headbutt spot everyone here swore he'd never ever ever do again if he ever got cleared

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Lmao at getting worked by Cavauro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

“One option open to “SmackDown” is moving from a two- to three-hour format akin to “Raw.”

:getin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/status/997546150239588352

Admittedly not as entertaining as Sasha's and Bayley's additions to the list, but still, the list of what NXT callups have to say publicly post-callup continues to entertain

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gatts posted:

So I’m an idiot. It’s some dude who goes by daniiel bryan. Laugh at me.

I love when stories have this kind of ending

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If he legit got hurt again he's probably done

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luckily for the Cass Crew, it's not

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/997938180644003841

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Someday John, I'm sure, will find love again

Which he'll then also ruin somehow, maybe that one will be related to finances he could have had if he hadn't bought his 10th car of the half-year at that point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

If I remember right they were trying to break up the Shield almost immediately but they would always refuse and Seth would come up with a better idea to keep them together. The only reason they managed to break them up was that the day they did it they didn't actually tell any of the Shield until they got to the show.

The New Day break up is only being kept away by Kofi loudly stating that as soon as the New Day are done he's retiring.

It wasn't even "until they got to the show", it was like literally an hour before the segment when they were informed

Also each member of the New Day has publicly said they've told the company they're done if it's broken up after every time WWE tried to break them up (very frequent). Like The Shield, I'm absolutely certain it's going to happen eventually anyway and they won't be informed until it's way too late for them to be able to say no without actually walking out of the building/company mid-show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RingsideC/status/998231879533842432

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

If you mean Vince might treat them all to a slice of pie, then yes.

As unlikely as them getting healthcare or pyro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/998644827226066944

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Imagine thinking WWE has any incentive to ever be good again

Pretty much the unanimous reaction I've seen to this so far is people finally realizing that

Gonna be weird seeing the age of the fan aware of their own irrelevance to the machine

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 21, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Pretty much the unanimous reaction I've seen to this so far is people finally realizing that

Gonna be weird seeing the age of the fan aware of their own irrelevance to the machine

Speaking of, Roman Reigns turns 33 this week

HHH was still pushing himself to Rumble wins and world title runs at the age of 46, so with absolutely any incentive to listen to any contrary advice now flushed, lol at anyone imagining the Reigns experiment ending anytime soon

Yall thought they openly didn't give a gently caress about fans during Mania 32 (highly recommend that thread btw, 5 stars)? This was before this year when they got basically $2mil combined just from FOX, NBCU, and Saudi

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said unsurprisingly WWE will basically be able to throw $2-3mil/yr deals to any talent they really want, or want to gently caress with companies by raiding, around like candy now

They also noted when they talked to Cody about a possible All In 2, Cody mentioned he had no idea who would still be around to use or run a show like that in a year from now

Buckle up, it's gonna get real bad for indies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

WWE already has a bloated roster as it is. They're going to have far more wrestlers than they know what to do with soon.

They've never cared about bloat, they've always cared about literally anybody rising that isn't them, even if it's to a position that's still far far far the gently caress away from them

World of Sport was never going to be anything significant even if the revival went well or even just notably not a mess. They didn't care

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big day for the E
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/998678337164738561

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nevelle is never gonna get released is he

Pretty much. They got enough money they could pay him to be on his couch for decades and never have to talk to him again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Barring a huge UFC offer I think Brock probably resigns with these offers

Don't see why he wouldn't, same with Dolph and others who are frequently rumored to be "gone soon"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No, we already took the coward's way out and had to segregate any criticism of the Saudi deal to a different thread. This is WWE discussion and this is the literal WWE discussion thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

It is possible for criticism to be objectively correct and also objectively irrelevant, and my friends, we are the most irrelevant fans on the most irrelevant forum

Even if this weren't too long to be the new subforum name, The Oildome still has first priority

• Locked thread