Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They should just go hardcore into the pathetic angle, Jeb Bush levels of "please clap :smith:" with Roman sitting in the ring with a little corgi and talking about how he's really sorry for what The Management is doing with his story and just wants to entertain y'all with some good wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

the fashion police

It's insane how many good tag teams WWE has considering they seem to not give an ounce of poo poo about tag teams and regularly feed them to their big guys

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The Smackdown/Raw split is extra annoying to me because that split in resources would be way, way better served having a dedicated diva event or tag team event rather than stapling those onto The Stuff Vince Actually Wants To See.

Instead we have two arbitrarily split rosters for....reasons?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

(Also putting them on one wouldn't give more time, it would just mean more unused people.)

Do the two shows usually give divas half the runtime each? If so then fair enough I suppose.

It's just frustrating because they have so much good womens talent but they dont have a sort of unifying showrunner like HHH to NXT to write competent storylines and good matchups. It seems like they just get WWE's b-team of writers.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Seeing a UK crowd cheer for Jinder just has me convinced that the WWE could attain world peace via mutual booing of Roman Reigns.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Why does management, which I assume means Stephanie, not want Roman as champ? Is the idea tha,t since he is a man of principle, he can't be controlled as easily as Brock who can just be bought?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

How biggus of a dickus does the Canis Biggus have???

Such biggus.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Why would Asuka winning make people mad? I know there’s the “why didn’t she just beat Charlotte?” angle

If they went with a threeway power-struggle where Charlotte can beat Asuka, Asuka beats Carmella, and Carmella beats Charlotte that could make for some fun stories and teamups to try to tip odds in their favor.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Honorable samurai duel, nakamura comes out dressed like guan yu and wielding a bat'leth

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Incidentally, that lines up with the gradual scale of ring performance to mic performance, with Charlotte being the boring middle.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Isn't "real fighter who beats you up good because he fought for real" basically Brock Lesnar, though

That works for TNA because I assume they dont already have a Brock Lesnar, but I dont blame WWE for not turning their programming into League Of MMAUFC: The Posterboard Square

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I admittedly don't know the details of the rape accusation, but as someone who 100% feels that the assumed victim should be granted faith and serious consideration unequivocally, it's a little strange that the accuser didn't file a charge after going public with it online.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

The letter doesn't say that. It says that police didn't talk to Enzo before the post, and it says the cops don't think there's enough evidence to move forward. It doesn't say the accuser didn't try to press charges.

The "no charges were ever filed" part made me think otherwise, apologies if I'm mistaken.

Irregardless of the legitimacy of the accusations, it sounds like Enzo's an idiot noone likes, and that they probably just took the first chance they found to terminate his contract.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Those jabs looked kind of silly but I do like that she's getting more into cocky gestures and body language.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Those are shoot punches, she's just bad at boxing.

Admittedly I dont watch much shaky cam wrestling/in-person, so maybe it's just that I'm used to PPV's that can cut to an angle where it isn't clear that the puncher's fists are like a foot away from the punchee

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

so have they made a case for why fans should like Ronda Rousey that isn't "she's a famous person"

she's played a heel for the majority of her career, she legit wants to wrestle and is happy for it (contrast with Brock who seems to want as little to do with it as possible), and vince/HHH are willing to let her slam men and it's been too long since we've had a Chyna

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

She needs different shorts. She has to readjust them every time she does something, it was the same in the WM match. It's awkward looking to have her repeatedly doing that.

This reminds me that I saw a clip of Rick Rude's final match and man do wrestlers look way better showing some adonis belt instead of being all diapers

(I internally booed when the referee dived in to pull his pants up)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They're using Lashley as a test bed for when they start having wrestlers read phone books to make enough footage for several more brands to sell

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

How is WWE so good at making money

Hell when they lose money it's cause of NXT, the thing we like.

A lot of it is based on stock estimates rather than existing quality; WWE just signed into a lucrative deal with Saudi Arabia, and Vince is planning a new football league (which is probably going to crash and burn) so on top of a guaranteed 200mil over 10 years they also have significant access to that market and a guaranteed high-visibility promotional launch, which means that they're potentially a really profitable venture.

NXT loses money because it's intentionally not set up to generate revenue, but instead to create new WWE talent/train indies in the WWE style.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Curiosity got the better of me, he's pretty average, just kind of thin. I imagine "needledick" really gets on his nerves.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't quote myself because both threads I first posted about it in were obviously months ago and thus closed now, but

Today and yesterday at house shows Bryan's tried that diving headbutt spot everyone here swore he'd never ever ever do again if he ever got cleared

dont quote me on this, but I think Bryan may not be a well adjusted individual. At least he's "only" self-destructive, unlike that wrestler that straight up chews on people

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I misread Greenest as Greatest and imagined Reverse Dracula chokeholding a terrified Steve Austin while whispering "you better not loving tattle on me" as the hidden syringe audibly pops out of his hidden chest cavity.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

Who is everyone's favorite wrestler right now?

Mine is Seth Rollins

Mine is the one that forcibly injects PREP into green wrestlers

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lmao

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The thing that keeps me from checking out NJPW is that they're pretty bad wrt women, and even if they're being horribly mismanaged and squandered right now WWE's diva stable is really good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It's a joke about they haven't found the tape of Magee vs Bret Hart that apparently made Magee look like the next big thing in Vince's eyes

That was just a misunderstanding, vince meant measuring tape.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gatts posted:

So Im an idiot. Its some dude who goes by daniiel bryan. Laugh at me.

Goon love is the best love

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Cass confirmed addicted to jobbing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Thats a pretty clever disguise. Nobody ever pays attention to the girls shoplifting toy drums

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

bartok posted:

Is Cena dating PaRappa the Rapper?

Heel Cena confirmed for a second rap album. The evil theme remix is gonna be baller.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I wonder if the eternal push for RR is at least partially fueled by Vince's disdain for big tag teams. Especially as right now he's pretty much a walking rebuttal to the idea that you can just dump all the tag traits and popularity on one of the wrestlers.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'l never understand why all of Mattel's non-Four Horseman sculpted figures are so embarrasingly bad.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Tyler breeze lookin' good after recovering from his implant surgery

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kofi?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

My uncle works at Casstendo and he said Cass broke 3 of his femurs, and also if you put in the konami code when he's on the titantron he comes out with a little hat.

That's for Garfield: Saving Arlene you fuckin pleb

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The greatest work was convincing fans that things could get better for decades, and this is the payoff

Vince gonna ride to hell with a comically large bag with a $ on it, laughing the whole way

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Looking forward to Roman's new gimmick that'll get him over, handing out thousands of excess dollars to the audience.

Vince on a lovely phone in the middle of the ring thumbing through a phone book offering people money for ratings, except this time it's roman reigns

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Your Parents posted:

We live inside a dream. I hope I see all of you again. Every one of you.

No other image could so succinctly say "we got a cash flow now, we dont need to do anything good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It would have been funny in an actually intentional way if RR had burst through the cardboard to ambush Jinder. As if RR had blocked off catering and laid in wait for the telltale groaning of a wounded Jinder.

The ultimate foolproof plan. A big fake wall to hide the big dog.

• Locked thread