Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Yes, see, there were several "jokes" at play there. That is, there were several expectations that were somehow dodged or subverted, what one might call "situational irony". On one level, there is the expectation of what one would do with a realistic plastic gun attached to a console. The expectation is that it is a peripheral, to be aimed at a screen, which would then somehow wound or mark foes or targets, such as in the NES Classic "Duck Hunt" (JP: Dakku Hanto). Forums user "a loving dog" subverts this; the gun is not a facimile to be used in the pursuit of joy, rather, it is a real gun to be used as a dangerous weapon! A second layer of his "joke" is what would happen if a family member got us a well meaning but inappropriate gift. A situation many an unfortunate child has found themselves in, they quickly find the easiest solution to be "grin and pretend it is what they wanted before burying it at the bottom of a closet". A loving dog has reimagined this situation, instead insinuating the proper response is shocking, bloody violence! Moreover, he managed this, to complete two whole jokes, with an absolute economy of words: one sentence with just sixteen words. Not only was this a funny post, but it was one crafted with Antoine de Saint Expuery's maxim "Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher" in mind.

In conclusion, piss off.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

had to Google to see if it was really called dakku hanto

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

lol me too; it's weird because the Japanese and American ROM are 100% identical, so I guess it's just the label that has the different title

chopper city posted:

did everybody really think this was funny

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

chopper city posted:

did everybody really think this was funny

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I thought it was kinda funny. Wait who are you

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
the stradivarius of switch controllers

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Lmao @ everything

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Did everybody really think this was funny

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Kongming posted:

That guy posts in the gun forum so I don't really get what his problem is, he should appreciate stuff like that. And before you ask, yes I did click on the forbidden post history button.

he thinks guns are a thing to be respected (hugging and kissing your gun, using proper storage technique, etc.) and not something to be mocked

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Lmao @ everything

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/itsmecurrie/status/1333403410897506304

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ridiculous, especially considering this is just a modded Nightmare that says "Fuuuck!" when you lose

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
2970 games available.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

lmao is that the avenged sevenfold logo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a Loving Dog posted:

the gun is to shoot your parents for buying you that instead of a gameboy advance

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Clipart1994bot/status/1336720037617561601?s=19

Just something about the serial port controller ports combined with the controller cords just vaguely terminating at the sides is amusing to me.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Kinda looks like the Famicom expansion ports mounted vertically

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

game boy boy