Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
i reserve my right to change my opinion of that donut if that substance is semen, which might be fine for some people, but is not what I personally want on a donut

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

I am very critical of the quantity and presentation of the sprinkles.

This might look like a good donut to most people. See those bare patches? Sloppy sprinksmanship.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Rushi

by Smythe

Matoi Ryuko posted:

None!! It's only recently begun splashing oil at me because of a very gunked up conveyor chain. I've been working there 2 years.

When the donut dispenser gets low on dough the last couple donuts will be smaller and smaller until they're just tangled up little rings. They're exremely delicious and they taste just like a funnel cake so i usually sprinkle some powdered sugar on there and have a snack.

O_O

----------------

Rushi

by Smythe

vanisher posted:

This might look like a good donut to most people. See those bare patches? Sloppy sprinksmanship.

its called contrast and composition

cda

by Hand Knit

vanisher posted:

wabi sabi

----------------

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

treasure bear

cda posted:

Jell-O Dunt

jam doughnut
:worship:

cda

by Hand Knit

treasure bear posted:

jam doughnut

i keep trying to turn my monitor on, but all i can see is a reflection of my own sexy face

----------------

Farecoal

There he go
Unfortunately I only really have access to Dunkin Donuts for my donut needs, however my favorite among them is glazed blueberry

Farecoal

There he go
Starbucks donuts are terrible, they leave a bad greasy film in your mouth after you eat them

Farecoal

There he go
i once received a plate of donuts instead of a cake for my birthday, by request

cda

by Hand Knit

Farecoal posted:

i once received a plate of donuts instead of a cake for my birthday, by request

this is a common thing now, and I support it

----------------

Nice Guy Patron

Manifisto posted:

if you call it a "schmear" I think, by Jewish law, yes it is
The owner of a bagel shop I worked at years ago would spell it "smear". Printed it that way on all our signage and deliverables. I quit that job a few months in.

Nice Guy Patron fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 16, 2018

City of Glompton

Rushi posted:

yo how tiny can you make a donut and will u make one

rushi, have you seen this if not you need to see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWig5gexJXQ

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Rushi

by Smythe

City of Glompton posted:

rushi, have you seen this if not you need to see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWig5gexJXQ

the entire time i somehow did not see it getting made in a tiny pot and let me tell u

this is....

....................................incredible o:

----------------

City of Glompton

Minature Space is better for tiny food videos but the lil' doughnuts are just really cute

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Papa Was A Video Toaster

the first tiny first tiny food video I saw was tiny burrito for a tiny hamster so now any tiny food video that doesn't end with it being eaten by a smol rodent leaves me with a hollow feeling.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Sham bam bamina! posted:

this, is the good dough nut

This is a byob donut.

----------------

drilldo squirt

vanisher posted:

I'd still eat them.

----------------

drilldo squirt

treasure bear posted:

jam doughnut

We might not always agree friend, but we agree on donuts.

----------------

Rushi

by Smythe
I am old fashion big fan

Roki B

Medical Industrial Complex

Rushi posted:

I am old fashion big fan

They are v good, not cakey but doughy with so much sugar.

Don't eat them to often fat is not chill

Molestationary Store

Doughnuts are good. We keep seeing Dunkin ads on tv here but never seen any in the area. I looked it up and there's one in this entire state lol. Plenty of starbux tho.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Matoi, after the dough is made, are you able to pull it out of the machine and mold it into different shapes before it goes into the fryer?

Could you, for instance, make donuts shaped like the letters B, Y, and B again? (Obviously you can already make an O)

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I present, for your humble consideration, the best donut:

wearing a lampshade

Honey crullers are definitely good, but are they a doughnut?

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

vanisher posted:

Counterargument: Excess sprinkles always seem to fall off anyway, form a waxy and oily crust when applied in excess on top of the doughnut, and sap out of a lot of its succulence and tastiness.

Sprinkles are just cheap filler. Don't fall for the hype.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
The sprinkles are like the clothes of the donut, which you are hoping will end up next to your bed

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

blaise rascal posted:

Matoi, after the dough is made, are you able to pull it out of the machine and mold it into different shapes before it goes into the fryer?

Could you, for instance, make donuts shaped like the letters B, Y, and B again? (Obviously you can already make an O)

Negatory, the dough, weighing exactly 67 ounces, is mixed with 4 cups of water. The temperature of the dough dictates how hot the water has to be. Even minor changes can drastically alter the shape of the donut.

Nice Guy Patron

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Negatory, the dough, weighing exactly 67 ounces, is mixed with 4 cups of water. The temperature of the dough dictates how hot the water has to be. Even minor changes can drastically alter the shape of the donut.

Question: do you let the dough proof and if so for how long? Does it depend on the type of doughnut?

Matoi Ryuko

my dog died im sad posted:

Question: do you let the dough proof and if so for how long? Does it depend on the type of doughnut?

No proofing whatsoever, it changes the donut like, in ways you wouldn't imagine. Like it looks like a flat turd donut.

I've only ever made those donuts while really busy, it happens when I take too much time adding in a 3rd batch to the dough dispenser, and the dough on the bottom cooks a little.

But to actually let the dough sit at room temp too long is what my co-worker does even though I trained her correctly she for some reason needs to mix the dough by hand, ruining the shape of the donuts.

cda

by Hand Knit
I think your coworker has got to go.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Time to give her the boot, out of the donutarium.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Tell her there's something she needs to see outside, and then lock her out and say "this is for the donuts. They deserve better than you."

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

cda posted:

I think your coworker has got to go.

The issue is that no one wants to work 12midnight-8am 5 nights a week. Another coworker said she'd be training on donuts and not with me because she'd have to shoot me if I tried to train her. :sigh:

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

TVsVeryOwn posted:

but like that means cigarette smoke too... :barf:

The combined super-aroma of cigarette smoke, fried dough, and boiling hot yet stale-smelling coffee is true donut shop Americana.

----------------

Nice Guy Patron

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The issue is that no one wants to work 12midnight-8am 5 nights a week. Another coworker said she'd be training on donuts and not with me because she'd have to shoot me if I tried to train her. :sigh:

This. If you work at a bakery or donutorium, you have to be cool with weird hours.

wearing a lampshade

Kthulhu5000 posted:

The combined super-aroma of cigarette smoke, fried dough, and boiling hot yet stale-smelling coffee is true donut shop Americana.

So many amazing albums born from that

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

albany academy posted:

So many amazing albums born from that

Double creative power if the coffee is sold au naturel black in a Styrofoam cup. There's sugar on your donut, sug, you hope the attendant will say with a sweet condescension, were you to be so gauche as to press her for some.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store

I saw this thread yesterday and then today I had a doughnut.:thunk:

• Locked thread