Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Dropping the boulder on a koroks head. Gya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ugaah. Gya. Ugh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I.N.R.I posted:

Dropping the boulder on a koroks head. Gya.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

After the first time I did that I made sure to carefully place the boulder next to them every time after.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

After the first time I did that I made sure to carefully place the boulder next to them every time after.

its too funny. they sound like squeaky toys. theyre like the squirrels in tearaway unfolded

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

see also: carefully parking your horse far away from danger before engaging in a fight

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

its too funny. they sound like squeaky toys. theyre like the squirrels in tearaway unfolded

i am the clown with the tearaway face

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

Ugaah. Gya. Ugh

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*

sector_corrector posted:

see also: carefully parking your horse far away from danger before engaging in a fight

I thought I could gallop past a guardian on my first horse, I was wrong.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat it. i found about 80 shrines like i predicted but i cant believe i only found barely more than a tenth of the koroks

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh, i wasnt using any sensors or anything plus i was using the pro hud though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
kinda funny that there was one right at the top of hyrule castles highest spire. yahaha!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

kinda funny that there was one right at the top of hyrule castles highest spire. yahaha!

If you didn't find this one there's something wrong with you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i do the yahaha sound irl every time i find one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its cool that the koroks seem to not mind calamity ganon's corruptive force at all. theyre equally scared of the world ending shaman/demon and a non-symmetrical rock formation

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i do the yahaha sound irl every time i find one

I do it irl when I find any object I've been searching for

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

korok seeds are canonically korok poop

spoilers and poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLuGFR3gZwI

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

do yourself a favor and get a 5 speed horse. been playing this loving game for like 400 hours and i finally got one and holy loving poo poo. it's fast

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I rarely if ever used a horse when I played cause I would invariably come up to some sort of section I'd want to explore so I'd get off the horse and start walking and climbing and before I knew it I was 100 miles away from the horse. I suppose they've got the teleporting horse armor now or whatever but I just got used to walking everywhere.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

I rarely if ever used a horse when I played cause I would invariably come up to some sort of section I'd want to explore so I'd get off the horse and start walking and climbing and before I knew it I was 100 miles away from the horse. I suppose they've got the teleporting horse armor now or whatever but I just got used to walking everywhere.

you can stable your horse no mater where it is and then take it out of the stable again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

you can stable your horse no mater where it is and then take it out of the stable again
Yeah I know but that's a lot of work when I'm just gonna hop off of him in like 20 seconds and explore some other area. I suppose if I was doing a "no fast travel" play through or whatever it would make sense but horses just seemed like super short inconvenient bus rides to me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Horses are a good way to follow roads, and roads go virtually every destination.

The best horses are found in Upland Lindor overlooking Tanagar Canyon.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bongo Bill posted:

Horses are a good way to follow roads, and roads go virtually every destination.

The best horses are found in Upland Lindor overlooking Tanagar Canyon.

thank you for posting this tip in the style of an npc

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i spent like an hour looking for that 5 speed horse and within five minutes it got fried by a guardian because i couldn't control it. that was an embarrassing trip to the horse fairy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Horses can die?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Horses can die?

Yeah that's what the spooky great horse fairy is for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yeah that's what the spooky great horse fairy is for

....?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I love reading this thread and finding out what kinds of stuff people missed despite playing through the whole game.

The horse god has cool music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCf0X8qk6qQ

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I was loving around somewhere in teh south and holy poo poo i almost glided onto a giant loving horse. motherfucker is like 10 feet tall

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I found the horse fairy but I didn’t give it any money and forgot about it. Anyway I just beat this and the dlc. Didn’t finish the master trials or find all the shrines etc but I did find all the memories. Dlc kicked rear end tbh. I learned how to fight so much better than the base game taught me and Ganon got his rear end in a top hat raped.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah the dlc boss was a better fight than ganon i.m.h.o.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah definitely. Did you try dropping a banana

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yes.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

!!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I would never have thought that would work.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I would never have thought that would work.
The entire loving game teaches you that doing something that makes sense but you don't think will work actually works.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

The entire loving game teaches you that doing something that makes sense but you don't think will work actually works.

I don’t think it makes sense because he’s not a yiga.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yiga are just incel Sheikah though. They're all the same race, the Yiga Clan is just a rebel sect of the Sheikah. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre sandinistas and the bananas are used for smuggling amphetamines into hyrule to fund the revolucione or whatever

• Locked thread