Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

I love the idea of collecting Korok Seeds for 70 hours and having no idea what they do lol

when he was like "ok thanks, bet i'll see you around haha" after taking four of my 150 korok seeds, that was the most intense blueballs of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

when he was like "ok thanks, bet i'll see you around haha" after taking four of my 150 korok seeds, that was the most intense blueballs of my life

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah it rains pretty frequently because players will miss a lot of Content and the actual level design if they spend all their time climbing. guess watching Miyamoto just climb trees and peaks and refuse to appreciate anything else kind of pissed them off lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

good lord

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

I love the idea of collecting Korok Seeds for 70 hours and having no idea what they do lol
Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm back to BOTW and going to play it for 10 hours today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that I can play this game for hours and be finding something neat to do every 4 feet and then at the end of it look at the map and be completely overwhelmed at all the blank spots

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

It's cool that I can play this game for hours and be finding something neat to do every 4 feet and then at the end of it look at the map and be completely overwhelmed at all the blank spots

I would do anything to live through this all over again. BotW Majora's Mask when?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

yahaha

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

extremebuff posted:

yeah it rains pretty frequently because players will miss a lot of Content and the actual level design if they spend all their time climbing. guess watching Miyamoto just climb trees and peaks and refuse to appreciate anything else kind of pissed them off lmao

I find it kinda stupid when people complain about the rain making climbing difficult for this reason. It’s not like you have to sit and wait for it to stop, just have to take an alternate route that will likely end up having something worthwhile on the way.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
or if you really, REALLY just wanna get up that mountain just take a sec to find some sort of overhang that blocks the rain and build a fire

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

absolutely anything posted:

or if you really, REALLY just wanna get up that mountain just take a sec to find some sort of overhang that blocks the rain and build a fire

once you have like 3 stamina wheels and upgraded climbing gear there's honestly nothing that you can not climb anyways even in rain. I managed to skip the whole road to the zora town that way on this game just for fun to see if i could do it and it was a close call scaling those sheer cliffs in the rain but also definitely not impossible

edit: and this was without any stamina boosting food too. It could be pretty trivial even without all the upgrades if you just farmed the ingredients fornthose

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

once you have like 3 stamina wheels and upgraded climbing gear there's honestly nothing that you can not climb anyways even in rain. I managed to skip the whole road to the zora town that way on this game just for fun to see if i could do it and it was a close call scaling those sheer cliffs in the rain but also definitely not impossible

edit: and this was without any stamina boosting food too. It could be pretty trivial even without all the upgrades if you just farmed the ingredients fornthose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ixr4gr1Uo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lmao

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I keep getting my rear end beat in the second phase of the naboris boss but I am certain I can Jam a lightning rod up his rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ahhhh there was one phrase I heard whispered even through my Iron spoiler defense armor +2..."eventide island". This seems hosed Up

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Ahhhh there was one phrase I heard whispered even through my Iron spoiler defense armor +2..."eventide island". This seems hosed Up

it kicks rear end, even better in master mode

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

someone already mentioned this i think but this game has the best NPCs nintendo's ever done

my personal faves are shy armor seller in kakariko and (kind of hidden npc) *slamming desk* I LOVE MONSTERS MORE THAN YOU!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

extremebuff posted:

someone already mentioned this i think but this game has the best NPCs nintendo's ever done

my personal faves are shy armor seller in kakariko and (kind of hidden npc) *slamming desk* I LOVE MONSTERS MORE THAN YOU!

armor girl’s dad says something like “now that the store’s in her capable hands, I can take it easy!” and it’s clear she’s not at all ready to manage the store and he’s just lazy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

Big fan of the Kakariko arrow lady who’s unbelievably horny for link

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I like the snow boots/sand boots guy , his quest reminds me of the Printer-Carrying Goon Story for some reason

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

goferchan posted:

I like the snow boots/sand boots guy , his quest reminds me of the Printer-Carrying Goon Story for some reason

lmfao

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

goferchan posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is my favorite npc so far

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played for about ten hours and then put it down and forgot to pick it up back up. That egg NPC now makes me want to play it again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

this is my favorite npc so far

Lmao . I love having like 200 hours in this and seeing good poo poo like this i've never seen before

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Best line still is when you try and order a drink at the bar and the bartender says you look a little young and Link says "I'm over 100 years old!" 😤😤

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

Best line still is when you try and order a drink at the bar and the bartender says you look a little young and Link says "I'm over 100 years old!" 😤😤

When you try to convince the palace guard you are gerudo she says you are too short and your abs aren’t ripped enough

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
everything about tarrytown

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

everything about tarrytown

How they composed the town music is really brilliant and clever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

may stream some eventide this afternoon.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

How they composed the town music is really brilliant and clever.

all the music in the game is great

running through the fields with the light piano tune playing

all the different Champions’ mini themes

everything involving Kass

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I was kinda underwhelmed by the score when actually playing the game, but listening to the stuff on YouTube gets me pumped as hell so maybe I just didn't have the volume high enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

all the music in the game is great

running through the fields with the light piano tune playing

all the different Champions’ mini themes

everything involving Kass

I have a particular fondness for how the transition between night and day is handled musically.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love the divine beast music and how it layers as you progress

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What do you think the world outside of Hyrule is like? Like do you think there are other kingdoms out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

NienNunb posted:

What do you think the world outside of Hyrule is like? Like do you think there are other kingdoms out there?

There are at least 4

• Locked thread