Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sun Drop, also marketed as Sundrop, is a citrus-flavored soda produced by Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. It has a yellowish-green color imparted by Tartrazine. Among soft drinks, it is known for its high caffeine content (63 mg per 12 oz can, 9 mg higher than a 12 oz can of Mountain Dew, but not as much as Vault with 70.5 mg per 12 oz can).[1] Orange juice is an ingredient in the drink, and remaining pulp matter from the orange juice provides some of the soft drink's taste and appearance.

Sun Drop has maintained popularity in many parts of the southern United States, especially in Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina and parts of the Midwest, including Wisconsin and western Minnesota. Similar to other regional drinks with a cult following, fans outside bottling areas have been known to pay large amounts to have the drink shipped to them. Families have sent it to U.S. soldiers serving in Afghanistan.[5]

Everyone in this picture drinks Sun Drop every day - if you don't like Sun Drop, you don't like American Soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

DogonCrook posted:

Sun drop is real good but squirt is better because palomas you fool.

Squirt is an absolute abomination. About two weeks ago, I was really really stoned and thirsty. I was on a long journey to do a bunch of errand so I decided to stop by the candy store to get my favorite candy (sour dots, which are impossible to find and now the candy store is out), and I decided to get a refreshing beverage.

Squirt looked like a nice lemon lime color so I spent $3 on a fancy glass bottle of Mexican squirt. I cut my finger trying to open it with a bottle and was thus stuck staring at this delicious looking drink for like twenty minutes on my way home, parched like a dying man, and stoned as heck. So I finally get home and I feel like I'm on the brink of death from dehydration so I open it and take a big swig and its fuckin horrible goddamn grapefruit noncaffeinated trickery and it was one of the worst bait and switches of my life.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Nooner posted:

sun drop can suck the poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat

you are detritus

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Do they even still make Sundrop? I haven’t seen it sold anywhere in years.

I am drinking Sun Drop as we speak goon sir!!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Honestly, the anti-Sun Drop attitude on these forums is very upsetting. I thought goons were supposed to be intelligent, discerning individuals with palates sophisticated enough to appreciate the nuances of Sun Drop brand soda pop. For one thing, it is light, fizzy - it doesn't feel "heavy" like lesser sodas. Thus, it is very refreshing. Second, the taste is a perfect balance. It is the "just right" porridge of citrus soda flavors (my theory is that this is due to the inclusion of orange juice, but it has not yet been fully tested). It is difficult to express empirically but, trust me when I say this, it is objectively a better citrus experience. Third: it has more caffeine than an energy drink at a significantly lower cost. For a hard-working American who needs energy to lay bricks, corral horses, and operate wrecking balls, Sun Drop is the perfect, unpretentious soda - unlike those hip, urban energy drinks for college students and hipster millenials.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Laslow posted:

Better yet, it's 99¢ for a 2 liter. It's literally cheaper than water.

I'm a Coke guy myself, but when I was broke, Sun Drop was a way better alternative to generic soda. Also it mixed great with cheap vodka or tequila for ghetto screwdrivers or margs.

:siren: Do Not Mix Sun Drop With Alcohol :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

cherry 7 Up was the poo poo but i haven't seen it in a store in like 15 years

Yeah, this was pretty good, especially because it is not in competition with Sun Drop!!

• Locked thread