Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favorite math?
addition
subtraction
multiplication
division
I use the term "maths" like some imbecile
View Results
  • Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

yeah 7x23 is 7x20 + 7x3 but imo teaching the boxes thing doesn’t teach u to learn that on ur own

idk I learned the old way and then one day I learned in algebra or sex Ed or something how things worked and then I saw the easy mental way to do math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

schmitty9800 posted:

-create a scope and sequence for the whole year, aligned to some type of standard for your subject
-within the scope and sequence design units, write a unit plan for each
-write individual lesson plans for your units
-set up your classroom in a way that appeals to multiple learning styles
-create procedures for every type of learning situation in your classroom so that you can transition between them without losing instructional time (lecture, individual work, group work, stations, etc.)
-manage student behavior, have a discipline plan in place for any situation that may arise for your students
-grade papers
-create innovative lessons that incorporate real world situations, provided that they all fit into your unit plans
-implement modifications and accommodations that students may have based on their IEP (for special ed. students) or their 504 (for students with a disability)
-contact parents and provide timely feedback
-form personal connections with students
-participate in the school community (extra-curricular activities, attend school events, supervise lunch and before/after school)

that sounds boring

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

BeefThief posted:

a math thred

just use excel, kiddos

also give swirlies to nerds and math teachers

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

oh that venn diagram is 100% overlap