Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favorite math?
addition
subtraction
multiplication
division
I use the term "maths" like some imbecile
View Results
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I COULDN'T EVEN PLAY ONE TURN OF THE YOSPOS SMAC PBEM GAME AND ALL I GOT WAS A NERVE STAPLING AND THIS SHITTY TEXT!

this poo poo is bait. just donít penalize students for coming across a correct solution, whatever it is. teachers missing the forest for the trees poisons a lot of minds off math and makes people think theyíre bad at it, but thatís a fake idea, itís a failure of pedagogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I COULDN'T EVEN PLAY ONE TURN OF THE YOSPOS SMAC PBEM GAME AND ALL I GOT WAS A NERVE STAPLING AND THIS SHITTY TEXT!

itís not so much arithmetic thatís valuable but quantitative skills around abstract reasoning and problem solving. though too few know even basics. school doesnít do a good job of teaching you why you should care