Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favorite math?
addition
subtraction
multiplication
division
I use the term "maths" like some imbecile
View Results
your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

i guess long form might be harder if you were stupid and didnt know how to multiply or something? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

long form is literally like three steps.

step 1: multiple the first number on the bottom row with the top numbers.
step 2: add a 0 at the start for every number coming next and do as before
step 3: add them together

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

Vakal posted:

I credit my TI-83 graphing calculator to my graduation of high school and college because I found out I could use its built in equation writing tool like a primitive note pad software to make cheat sheet for exams.

hell yeah

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

super sweet best pal posted:

Aren't those basically the same thing written differently?

they're literally the same thing lol

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

im actually curious about these teachers that have to buy their own supplies. like when i was a kid we were expected to bring all our own supplies because the school didnt give us poo poo and all they did was stand up at the front of the classroom all day teaching from a book/ppt/handing out work sheets

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

Max Hammer posted:

Or for your same 5 x 8 problem:
10 x 8 = 80, so 5 x 8 = 40.

I run into this all the time figuring out tip when out to eat with my friends. They always hand me the check to figure it out.

Bill is $75.60? So 10% is $7.56, therefore 20% is $15.12. Pretty drat simple. Math is one of those things that is not stressed as much as it was when I was in school, and now we have kids who can't make change for a buck. Hence, less STEM students.

sounds a lot less like a problem with math and more a problem with critical thinking

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

Jawdins posted:

screw you, I don't need math to think!!!!

I think all kinds of things without it, for example: you suck!!

ah!! ahhh!!!!

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

Blistex posted:

On the whole, are these good/bad salaries (obviously location makes a difference).

like seriously. i actually dont know anything about what teachers do, so someone please educate me. when i was a kid the teachers basically stood at the front of the room for less than eight hours, either reading from a book, a power point, or giving us worksheets. now, i know corralling a bunch of kids is a skill in and of itself but looking back nothing they actually did seems like it took much more skill than your average minimum wage worker at like a hardware store or something

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

Blue Train posted:

ah so that's why you ended up retarded, sorry about your piss poor schooling

nice dick... bitch..... at least i can long form... wont be needin that for ur penis

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

schmitty9800 posted:

-create a scope and sequence for the whole year, aligned to some type of standard for your subject
-within the scope and sequence design units, write a unit plan for each
-write individual lesson plans for your units
-set up your classroom in a way that appeals to multiple learning styles
-create procedures for every type of learning situation in your classroom so that you can transition between them without losing instructional time (lecture, individual work, group work, stations, etc.)
-manage student behavior, have a discipline plan in place for any situation that may arise for your students
-grade papers
-create innovative lessons that incorporate real world situations, provided that they all fit into your unit plans
-implement modifications and accommodations that students may have based on their IEP (for special ed. students) or their 504 (for students with a disability)
-contact parents and provide timely feedback
-form personal connections with students
-participate in the school community (extra-curricular activities, attend school events, supervise lunch and before/after school)

that's true, but don't they use the same lesson plan every year? seems like a lot of that stuff is work that gets sorted out in the first year or two. i mean all that for 50-60k isnt unreasonable. i imagine there's low level office jobs that expect a similar amount of work for less

Cubone posted:

idk man I remember what I was like as a kid and I drat sure wouldn't want to put up with 30 of me, let alone 30 of neil. fuckin neil.

this is a good point though. i always thought being a teacher was dumb, even when i was a kid, because i was like "drat who'd want to deal with us all day"

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

almost 60k/year is hardly poo poo money and i know it's probably different in a lot of places but when i was a kid mostly everyone behaved and did their work and listened. no one really wants to get in trouble and get yelled at by their authority figures, at least pre middle school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

Damo posted:

not gonna bother replying to you after this since you have outed yourself as an absolute retard

sorry your classes didn't behave i guess???