Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Currently on holiday with wifey and the in-laws.
After a semi argument one night I slept in and missed breakfast.

Come lunchtime I just couldn't be hosed. Wasn't hungry and had a nice ocean view spot.

Wife lost her poo poo. Crying stomping around, and then complaining that I'm wasting her money by not eating (its included)

So I said gently caress it then, I won't eat until we leave.
Now both her and the in-laws are giving me all sorts of poo poo. And as a result im digging in.

Its now been four days lol.
Im a fatass, I'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
around day 3 of fasting your body will switch to using your adipose fat reserves for energy. just be sure you're drinking plenty of water.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
I got a divorce.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

im actually dead

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I dont actually talk to other human beings IRL. I grunt and point. I do this out of laziness mostly

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

fist4jesus posted:

Come lunchtime I just couldn't be hosed. Wasn't hungry and had a nice ocean view spot.

Wife lost her poo poo. Crying stomping around, and then complaining that I'm wasting her money by not eating (its included)

Now both her and the in-laws are giving me all sorts of poo poo. And as a result im digging in.

ur awesome dude

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

fist4jesus posted:

Fasting to own the wife and in-laws.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

lol this is the best fast I’ve ever heard of.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
op gets banned but holds out knowing lowtax will eventually break first and give him his account back

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yr like the guy who pees in bottles while playing wow because he's too stubborn to get up

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

fist4jesus posted:

I'm wasting her money
Yo if I was married and my spouse starts talking about "her" money vs "my" money I'd be out of there like a rocket.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Apparently I'm emotionally abusive and ruining the holiday. So I try and do the right thing and book a single ticket home. Apparently that's wrong too.

All I want to do is watch the loving ocean, and decide if/what/when to eat.
Christ.
Every time I calm down enough to relax again the poo poo starts back up. Apparently I'm going to collapse and end up in some dramatic medivac scenario.

As opposed to the reality, I'm just stubborn and pissed off, and as a fat oval office, fasting is a good idea occasionally anyway.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

communism bitch posted:

Yo if I was married and my spouse starts talking about "her" money vs "my" money I'd be out of there like a rocket.

username checks out

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I drank an entire gallon of jizz to prove a point about a sitcom

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
When I broke up with my first girlfriend 12 years ago, she told her parents and all our friends that I was an rear end in a top hat who was really interested in her 1 year younger sister and was just using her (which is true, but not at first). She has reached out multiple times asking to talk again and go back to being friends as long as I admit it and apologize. I would like to be friends again but if I admit it then I have to tell everyone I've been lying for over a decade and that just won't do, so my plan is to continue not speaking to them ever again.

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*

fist4jesus posted:

Apparently I'm emotionally abusive and ruining the holiday. So I try and do the right thing and book a single ticket home. Apparently that's wrong too.

All I want to do is watch the loving ocean, and decide if/what/when to eat.
Christ.
Every time I calm down enough to relax again the poo poo starts back up. Apparently I'm going to collapse and end up in some dramatic medivac scenario.

As opposed to the reality, I'm just stubborn and pissed off, and as a fat oval office, fasting is a good idea occasionally anyway.

you'd only collapse if you had no fat reserves left in your body. only when your body has burned through all of it's fat will you start to go into starvation mode. only when you have no fat left to burn will you expierence muscle loss and fatigue

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I've been married three times, and engaged a couple of times that didn't make it to the paperwork stage.

I don't mind losing a few wives here or there, but I don't lose an argument.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'll think about the argument in the shower for at least a week.

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
yeah op. it sounds like you both want different things. maybe fake your death and remarry somewhere else on the island

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

you'd only collapse if you had no fat reserves left in your body. only when your body has burned through all of it's fat will you start to go into starvation mode. only when you have no fat left to burn will you expierence muscle loss and fatigue

this is good and right.

coincidentally i just started a kind of fasting where i only eat once a day (6pm, and only water until 6pm the next day) every day. its super easy tbh. hunger isn't an issue unlike eating small amounts throughout the day.

i wouldn't do it on holiday with my wife and inlaws though because eating is a social thing

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When I broke up with my first girlfriend 12 years ago, she told her parents and all our friends that I was an rear end in a top hat who was really interested in her 1 year younger sister and was just using her (which is true, but not at first). She has reached out multiple times asking to talk again and go back to being friends as long as I admit it and apologize. I would like to be friends again but if I admit it then I have to tell everyone I've been lying for over a decade and that just won't do, so my plan is to continue not speaking to them ever again.
lmao once again i look down my nose at those poor saps who have sex

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

lmao once again i look down my nose at those poor saps who have sex

you're right it's really not worth the hassle

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
my mother was a hardcore catholic. she would make my father and i fast for as long as possible on nothing but water. 7 days is the longest i've ever gone without food

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

fist4jesus posted:

sounds about right, you selfish gently caress. why even go on holiday with others if you're gonna act like a pissy 10-year old

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
I’ll cut my own dick off op

Even if there’s not even an argument

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

my mother was a hardcore catholic. she would make my father and i fast for as long as possible on nothing but water. 7 days is the longest i've ever gone without food

That's not Catholic. Even St. Francis confessed on his deathbed that he had been too hard on his body.

AARO fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 16, 2018

discarded box
Oct 15, 2008
i think being stubborn is lame and ive made it a huge point to stop trying to "win" arguments, mostly by not so much arguing as calmly debating and I think being able to admit you're wrong when you are is important

ive never once been wrong about anything in my entire life though so not sure what that feels like

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
why dont you just do what sensible people do and vent out your obsession for winning arguments on the internet and act like a grown up IRL

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

communism bitch posted:

If

But

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

That's some good quality parenting right there.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
fasting isn't unhealthy in itself

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*

Dyna Soar posted:

fasting isn't unhealthy in itself

yeah, it resets your white blood cell count and boosts creativity

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Jesus likes em thin

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

when I got married my old man said "son, remember that when you disagree, you can be right or you can be happy". p good advice imo

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I'm currently holding my breath until I die to own the libs but this seems a bit harsh. Not to mention, if you are as fat as you claim the only person punished by missing out on a good omelette is you big fella.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Back in high school, I was a huge nerd and got into an argument with my cousin over anime. He kept calling it "Japanimation", which is wrong. We kept the argument going for a while and nobody else in the family wanted to step in, calling it "a stupid waste of time".

Anyway my cousin was getting a full ride to MIT, or at least he was until I broke into the post office and destroyed his acceptance letter. poo poo happens, bitch. I then mailed him a letter of condolence for not getting in to MIT, signed from THE ANIME KING.

He of course kept the argument going by firebombing my parent's house, although we could never prove it was him. But writing out JAPANIMATION in gasoline on the yard seemed to point to him.

It's been 12 years since then. The argument hasn't stopped, and I refuse to see his side, as I'm 100% correct. In that time I've destroyed his marriage, 3 apartments, a car, and even stole his first born son. He's destroyed my marriage, killed my parents, and gotten me deported from the US. I guess some arguments you just can't win!

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
The whole point of a vacation is to relax and not be stuck to a tight schedule. If I wanted to be uptight and run around from one thing to another I would stay at work. Just let me pound my mojitos in peace.

I recently argued with my boss and got him pissed off, then called him out for getting angry. He called me insubordinate and I said no, but I was stubborn and I told him that was my strength. I ended up winning the argument and made him look like a babby.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you should wander into the desert and live the life of an ascetic. deny yourself all worldly pleasures. that will show your wife!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i don't like arguing and i'm not good enough at debate to adequately represent my positions and sway the views of other so generally i avoid them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

discarded box posted:

i think being stubborn is lame and ive made it a huge point to stop trying to "win" arguments, mostly by not so much arguing as calmly debating and I think being able to admit you're wrong when you are is important

ive never once been wrong about anything in my entire life though so not sure what that feels like

calmly debating isn't possible with some people. It always escalates. Like if someone in my family says to my grandfather something even mildly complimentary about Obama he instantly escalates into "what the gently caress did you just say you little poo poo" mode. If you try to keep it calm he accuses you of thinking you're smarter than him which makes him more mad.

• Locked thread