Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

yr like the guy who pees in bottles while playing wow because he's too stubborn to get up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

fist4jesus posted:

Apparently I'm emotionally abusive and ruining the holiday. So I try and do the right thing and book a single ticket home. Apparently that's wrong too.

sounds about right, you selfish gently caress. why even go on holiday with others if you're gonna act like a pissy 10-year old

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

why dont you just do what sensible people do and vent out your obsession for winning arguments on the internet and act like a grown up IRL

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

fasting isn't unhealthy in itself

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

calmly debating isn't possible with some people. It always escalates. Like if someone in my family says to my grandfather something even mildly complimentary about Obama he instantly escalates into "what the gently caress did you just say you little poo poo" mode. If you try to keep it calm he accuses you of thinking you're smarter than him which makes him more mad.

why are you talking to a person like this at all

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Because I like holiday dinners.

be sure not to mention anything that your rear end in a top hat granddad might disagree with then

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

I learned that years ago. My other family members are more stubborn than I am about being "right" about politics and bring Obama up all the time just to antagonize him. It's actually pretty entertaining entertaining to sit on the sidelines and listen to, plus they are probably going to get written out of his will if they keep it up which means more for me.

i just dont see my rear end in a top hat relatives, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Maybe this is the place to ask, since I haven't figured out how to deal with someone who goes so extreme in an argument they decide I've just called them stupid for disagreeing. Like, we'll be having a perfectly rational discussion, disagree on something, and then this person will just go 'You're just calling me dumb' and I'm just floored at how infuriating that counterargument is. It's like disagreeing is a form of insult to their intelligence. Should I just let them be ashamed of themselves and leave them alone forever?

drop it and if that person does it every time you disagree with him, sever