Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Jesus likes em thin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

My grampa is always trying to goad me into a political argument because we had a shouting match about capitalism once when I was seventeen and he got a kick out of it.

I love him too much to yell at him about politics now which makes me the winner by default

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Maybe this is the place to ask, since I haven't figured out how to deal with someone who goes so extreme in an argument they decide I'm flat out calling them stupid. Like, we'll be having a perfectly rational discussion, disagree on something, and then this person will just go 'You're just calling me dumb' and I'm just floored at how infuriating that counterargument is. It's like disagreeing is a form of insult to their intelligence. Should I just let them be ashamed of themselves and leave them alone forever?

You can't reason with irrational people, instead give em the Forest Whitaker eye

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Woah cool av spinster