Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I really like this game as an example of how to do a self-contained side-story right. It doesn't feature Zelda, but it's still a Zelda game.

Guess I gotta re-install the game now. Thanks a lot. Not sarcastic, just a genuine thanks for getting me to re-visit an old favorite. Also maybe now I'll finally get the eshop Seasons and Ages games.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Link's Awakening is the most ubder-recognized Zelda game IMO. Please Nintendo give it the A Link Between Worlds treatment TIA

A total remake would be amazing, but I'd even settle for a port with a few quality-of-life tweaks. Maybe make a few items just have context sensitive button use instead of having them need to be equipped each time, and give others their own dedicated buttons since most modern consoles and handhelds have a few more these days.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

MeccaPrime posted:

Lol, this idiot is playing Link's Awakening ALL WRONG!!

I know, right? What weirdo starts with the Tail Cave? Everyone knows that's the last dungeon. Is this a romhack?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Question for the thread: did you try and line yourself up with the instruments before picking them up so they don't shift left or right when the cutscene starts?

Or was that just me being a weirdo?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Hey. Just saying, if you steal from the shop you're a scrub. You'll just be spending the rest of the game trying to open treasure chests and putting the rupees back in there cuz your wallet is already maxed, THIEF.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Thank you for showing off Marin throwing shade when Link tries the Ballad on his ocarina.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I can say as a guy who replays this game pretty regularly, the Eagle's Tower always throws me for a loop. I must have a mental block on it based on my frustration as a kid. It's my Water Temple.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

So here's an example of an "it was all a dream" endings that really work. When the dream belongs to a nature spirit and is powerful enough to trap you there for days until you starve to death it holds a little more weight.

I can't wait for Minish Cap. Despite loving Awakening so much, I don't think I've ever beaten it or even seen it beaten.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dang, you found two pieces to my favorite ship so early. I think they assign a rarity to each set randomly with each playthrough to encourage trading and that one ended up being super rare every time I tackled the game.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm barely five minutes in and I already love Toots♪.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

I love that the villain of this game (or at least the Zant) is an evil, demonic leprechaun.

Such a messy eater, though. Somehow two halves of an entire croissant ended up on the top of his head.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

It's been two videos, and I don't like Toots♪ anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

This was a fun watch. Toots♪ grew on me in the end. Thanks for playing it all the way through! I know it was a hard pass for a lot of people when it came out, but I agree that it has a lot of charm and I'm glad there's a way for people to enjoy it now that it's harder to find and play.

I also picked the "Engineer" ending myself back when I played it.

Did anyone in the thread pick the "Warrior" or "Dunno" options?