Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I enjoy both games, but I believe Ages is the better game overall. It's a lot more involved. There's so much more depth to it than Seasons, on every front. But man, I wish they'd ended up with the trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Dimitri is the best because one is a fat, lazy, and boring, one is snarky as poo poo, rude, and hotheaded while Dimitri is a pure sweet cinnamon roll who I just wanna hug and give a mug of hot tea to and tell him not everyone is terrible and it gets better.

I LOVE MY DINOSAUR STEED SON

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 4, 2018

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Omnicrom posted:

I actually legit got stuck a couple of times in Link's Awakening, and I was lucky to find an older kid at my elementary school's playground who could give me the solution to the puzzle. The answer, incidentally, was to throw a pot at the sealed door, in the one and only time in the game where that worked.

Twice, actually. Once in the castle and once in Key Cavern. But you’re right about there being no hint for it at all

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
For me it was the first phase of the final boss. Magic Powder was my "gently caress it, why not?" moment.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Goron dancing sucks and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I don’t mind the others. I just hate Goron dancing because I’m the only gay man in the world with no rhythm

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I think I’m in the minority because I liked the Cane of Somaria’s return. It’s a cool item that was hardly touched in Link to the Past

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Out of all the many things wrong with Minish Cap, the cane is among the smaller ones

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If you switch to any character at this point, I would have liked it to be Nayru.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Ugh. This dungeon.

Zelda can never really seem to get water dungeons right. The only one I can think of that I actually like is the water dungeon from A Link Between Worlds

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Don’t forget Link’s Awakening takes place after this. I’d be so over this bullshit by the third adventure

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Just one?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That’s probably my least favorite dungeon in both games. It’s just so boring. It’s a shame because I love the Roc’s Feather

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
All dragons, all the time.

Dragons

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Anyone who says they don’t use the Roc’s Cape to fly around all of Holodrum is a loving liar and they’re going to hell

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
THIS is the game I wish they'd revisit. There's so much potential here, from a plot standpoint. I'll get to that later, but the game plays with some pretty dark ideas. I feel like in some ways it was testing the waters for Majora's Mask. It's the first game where Hyrule and Zelda are nowhere to be seen and places more emphasis on NPC interaction than the previous games (although that could also just be the series evolving). I love this game.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Tail Cave is a really good first dungeon. It introduces a concept (thinking in three dimensions and jumping) that is used all through the game without being overly obnoxious. The Roc's Feather is probably the most used item in the entire game, next to the sword. You get hints but that's something that never changes, and you can completely blow through it in 5 minutes if you're replaying.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I hate Bottle Grotto and I have no idea why because it ticks of NONE of my boxes for a lovely Zelda dungeon.

-Backtracking is minimal and (almost entirely) optional
-You can blow through it on a replay but still have to pay attention
-Boss isn't obnoxious (well, other than his personality) without being something you can zone out while fighting

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I legitimately have no idea why younger me was stumped on how to get the Slime Key. Like I’d get through the field and be like “OK...now what?”

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The first room of this dungeon had me stumped FOREVER and I have no idea why because the answer is literally given to you 5 minutes beforehand. I was a dumb kid, apparently. But then again, I was like, the only kid who didn't have a problem with the Water Temple.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

C-Euro posted:

Uhhhhhhh that's CLEARLY a picture of Goatette, what are you guys talking about?

If a human has a fursona what does an anthromorphic goat have?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Hyrule really is so lucky that every time someone is gonna destroy it or take it over, someone shows up who conveniently has the required magic ability needed in order to navigate all the places needed to defeat the bad guy. Imagine if Twilight Princess Link were doing this instead.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

MeccaPrime posted:

They really do pack a ton of content into a seemingly small, handheld game and that's why I love it so much (despite its flaws).

5 levels and a final dungeon is not enough for a Zelda game, and is my only real issue with Majora’s Mask. I love the dungeon crawling aspects of these games

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You gotta love the first generation Hookshot. So simple, yet so magical

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Just like how this gold bar is no cow turd

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I like this dungeon. The occasional dungeon that's pretty much just a gauntlet with minimal (usually incredibly simple) puzzles mixes things up nicely. I mean, just imagine if you had to Mole Mitt your way up this tower twice instead of just stabbing everything.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
About fuckin' time...

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Not quite sure what to think of the art style.

It looks really similar to the pictures you take in the GBC version

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Broken toes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Beat game 1, the game will give you a password after the credits. Choose "Linked Game" when starting the second and put in said password