Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So you got the clock from a ghost who couldn't pass on to the afterlife until you opened his headstone...then you went back to the past to give the clock to the postman.

Was the ghost you got the clock from the postman? The clock trapped in a time loop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Cythereal posted:

I liked the Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword, if you want to consider that a water dungeon.

I think in general, though, games not designed from the outset for underwater travel and gameplay tend to suffer when adding underwater areas to otherwise land-based games.

It's a shame, I love underwater stuff in games and it's a sorely underused environment and setting.

Majora's Mask had the best water movement...and then they went and made THAT mess for the ocean dungeon.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The figurines are one of the big hurdles for 100% speedruns of this game since, as mentioned, you get a heart piece for collecting all the figurines. And you need all of those heart pieces to get the Mirror Shield from Big Goron which is your reward for 100% the game (which is a too little too late reward if you ask me).

At least until a certain runner (I want to say Toadswoot) figured out how to manipulate it. The RNG in this game is incredibly heavily procedural and based off of player actions. So he got an emulator and figured out how to get to the figurine shop with a specific RNG, and then knowing that RNG value he would swing his sword to progress the RNG to the next value to guarantee he'd get a new figurine each time. So instead of an utter nightmare that made the idea of 100% runs a joke, he ended up with 20 minutes of pull lever-pull lever-pull lever-swing sword-pull lever-swing sword-swing sword etc. at the end of a run.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I think Oshus has a minor but persistent speech impediment and his real name is OSHA.

"Look, young man I can't let you head north, there are just too many monsters and you're not certified to fight them!"
"I've fought an ancient evil and his army to death...""
"But you're not safety certified!"
"...Yeah I'm gonna just go steal your sword from the cave since I left my old one in an ancient shrine..."
"B-B-BUT YOU'RE NOT CERTIFIED!!!!"
"Okay...if it will lower your blood pressure, how do I get certified?"
"Hit these four logs without hurting yourself!"
"...like...this?"
"Exactly like that boyo! Now here's your high-visibility monster-fighting vest, helmet and safety goggles! Have a fun, and safe day!"
"Congratulations, I never thought I'd miss old man Orca screaming at me to fight him day in and day out."

Also I'm really sad that those gossip stones don't go "Waaah!"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I love how you get the hourglass and the temple makes a biiiiiig deal about how "If you stand anywhere besides the safe space the temple will suck the life out of you/suck the time out of your hourglass"

then you get to the second floor and the fairies immediately start having a long tutorial conversation about the big scary phantoms while Pizza Joe is clearly standing NOT in a safe zone.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Hey ThornBrain, while this thread is being revived I have a quick question:

Does the Switch count as a portable enough system for you to LP Cadence of Hyrule when it comes out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYd_pph6RnI

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Fair enough. It was just such a weird grey area I thought it bore asking.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I think everyone goes through that stage of "No, this can't be what they want you do to. No it can't loving be..." on that map puzzle. Either that or "I can't solve this." *puts DS down in sleep mode, opens it an hour or day later* "Wait, what? GOD loving DAMNIT!"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

For however mediocre the rest of Phantom Hourglass is, it's version of the Grappling Hook is probably one of the most solid Zelda weapons/puzzle tools ever. It's probably why the salvage arm is it's own thing as the designers probably realized the grappling hook had a thousand and one uses already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Yeah, Bellum is so painfully just...not there that I really forgot what he looked like. I remembered (vaguely) the Dark Linebeck fight but I completely forgot that Bellum itself was this weird, lame squid thing. I mean if you look back they basically drew it in the stylized scenes of Oshus talking about him being attacked as the Ocean King, but it looked like such a vague "EVIL FORCE" that you couldn't tell.

The moment I saw the multi level arena memories I had long forgotten (or repressed) came flooding back because that fight is so...ugh.