Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

CPColin posted:

The Power Bracelet is from Zelda 1 :argh:

Correct, though that Power Bracelet was for pushing, not lifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

GunnerJ posted:

That dream hut place is one of the eeriest segments of a video game I've ever played, and very weird in this game for a few reasons.

I'm very much wondering what's up with that - and something about the tone of the music in there reminds me of another game with an eerie dream sequence...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Torrannor posted:

At least the Cane of Somaria in LttP had offensive uses as well, if you were willing to waste your magic for such a comparatively weak item.

It's actually really handy against some enemy formations in the Ganon's Tower ascent, most of them Wizzrobes. It'll only hit 3 of the 4 but that's still three Wizzrobes down.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

It's more like "imagine if Midna showed up here instead of Ezlo", because he's the one with the convenient magic ability to shrink people. In fact, in recent games, it's usually the helper who enables the Link of the day to traverse the dungeons/overworld. Midna allows Link to move back and forth through the Twilight, King of Red Lions is a boat, Ezlo can shrink and grow people, etc.

This goes for... well, we'll get there.

Fi does not help, though. The red Loftwing is Skyward Sword Link's real helper.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I don't remember too much of when I borrowed Minish Cap from a friend but the sheer disappointment of getting that item in the Temple of Droplets instead of an item that evokes any immediate sense of power and value tops the list of what I do.

It's... not great, more powerful than the average lantern or no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

If I recall correctly, that "unnecessary exit" does in fact serve a purpose later.