Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/GMPaiella/status/997098335650664449

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill
:snypa

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Damo posted:

all i hear over and over again is "im gay"

Cool, now try listening to the audio sample in the OP!

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009

roomforthetuna posted:

I can hear both the things and am angry that people say the high pitched one is "yanny" when there's no goddamn N sound in there and the A sound is a dumb kind of A sound, so it sounds more like "yeary", and the Y isn't particularly Y-ish either, so it could be "geary", but it isn't loving yanny.

I'm convinced that nobody would think it said "yanny" if the things asking about it didn't prime them with a "yanny/laurel" dichotomy before they heard it. Not like a chump going "it's laurel you idiots" but because I can hear the supposedly-yanny side of things and it doesn't loving sound like yanny.

sounds like "yammy" to me no "n" sound at all, also can't hear "laurel" without the pitch shifting

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Yanny on my phone, laurel on the car speakers. but you can kinda hear parts of both on both devices. the recording is two words overlaid imo, mystery solved, lets all get high

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Grevling posted:

My brain is smooth and pleasant to the touch like my well maintained balls.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you play it backwards, it says "worship satan"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
It's Laurel. It isn't up for debate as the recording is Laurel.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This one is way better than that stupid rear end dress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i used that slider and can hear Laurel if it's shifted down but the original still sounds like Yanny

my brain is protected

• Locked thread