Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Withdrawn, leaving this here for maybe later, but don't think I can commit at this time.

Name: Chinua Diep Na
Sect Name: Little Wolf
Backstory: Chinua lived out on the complete edges of the world, away from civilization, which itself was on the edge of the Constellation entirely. An idyllic life running through the still untouched rural countryside, staining her fingernails and face with the dirt and calling out nonsense names in the wind was the life she knew most. When her parents disappeared, along with their modest dwelling, with the great flooding of a river, she became known as the "thunder child" raised by no one in the village, but known and beloved to all of them. There was pity, but never was there a moment that she seemed to feel grief, or truly have the need for such a thing.

In truth, the phoenix soul within her had been extinguished through the great tragedy. She had been left without the heart for sorrow, living in a bliss that was unearned, unable to truly learn from hardship. That is the state that Devil-Faced Toad found her. Despite the sinister name his deeds had earned him, Toad was a disciple of great virtue, and recognized in this child something that few others recognized due to her cheerful demeanor: The capable of innocent evil, like a wolf simply doing what it is in its nature, and believed that the Verdant Sect would do much to teach her about her place in the Constellation.

Despite her wild upbringing, she adjusted well to her surroundings, and though she was a poor study, she was an enthusiastic student. No set-back or rival could deter her, as she became enamored of the kung fu the disciple Devil-Faced Toad showed her. Her desire to master it is much more worldly, a desire to be strong enough that she can do whatever she might want. Perhaps secretly her heart would long to be strong enough to never be hurt, but it is hard to say. She sees strength as equal to virtue, and the attempted example of the stories of great wuxia fighting for their ideals only seem to confirm to her that it is only the strong that can believe in anything...

And maybe, if she gets strong, she will find something to believe in!

Skill Groups: Defenses, Physical
Skills:
Hardiness 3
Parry 3
Evade 2
Athletics 2
Speed 2
Muscle 2
Endurance 2
Leg Strike 1
Throw 1
Medium Melee 2
Heavy Melee 1
Divination 1
Meditation 1
Survival 2 (Forage/Shelter)
Detect 3 (Smell)
Institution: Verdant Sect 1
Creatures 1
Technique: Waijia 2
Technique: Neigong 1
Language: Pathish 3
Read Script: Verdant Sect 1

Reputation: To my friends, I am irrepressible. To my enemies, I am callous.

Flaws: Missing Phoenix Soul (Sorrow)

Martial Disciplines: Waijia 2, Qinggong 1, Neigong 1

Combat Technique: Press (Medium Melee)

Goal:
  • Little Wolf wants to become the strongest master of kung fu in the Jade Constellation, a definition she would say means being able to beat anyone that crosses her path, and maybe in finding that ultimate strength, a reason to be strong.
  • Myself would like to play an arc where she learns how to understand that, even if she cannot hurt, at least that other people does, and that strength is only virtuous when used to uplift the weak and lay low the cruel.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread