Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Haha another awesome response to a Fleury softy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

KNIGHTS BABY!!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm actually pretty impressed with the quality of the ice tonight. It's 35C in the desert right now.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

:lol: the makeupest of calls

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lessail posted:

lol that make up calls are actually a thing

Welcome to hockey yeah

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

so is just moving slower and conserving energy during a PP like a strategy or something because--i realize i'm none too smart or attentive atm but I swear VGK slows way down when they're a man up

maybe I'm seeing things

Setting up in the attacking zone is the first priority of a powerplay. A team scores a lot more frequently when they're in position and in control of the puck in the opposition's end while on the powerplay than off the rush. Every team in the league can seem to be playing "slower" during a powerplay because a lot of guys hold up and wait for their teammates to get in position instead of attacking the net like they might at 5 on 5. It's more pronounced when a team is struggling to set up, but it is actually more likely to be successful than just driving the net over and over.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Oh man he had MAF beat there.

Several dudes did

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

thanks, nice to know i wasn't seeing things

No worries. The general strategy for a team on the powerplay is to maintain possession in the attacking zone and pass the puck around until they are in a good shooting position. You're going to a score a hell of a lot more often when you can draw your opponent out of position than just shooting it at the net at the first opportunity.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sometimes I can't get over how much Laine looks like Ovie when hanging out waiting for a pass on the PP. His shooting mechanism is different, but it's eerie how similar their movements and positioning are sometimes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

i am the bird posted:

I will not stand idly by while MAF ruins his Osgood comparisons

The greatest back to back winning backup

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This is mad stressful

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ice that puck!
Ice that puck!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lessail posted:

this is loving awful

Ping

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thank you CBC for telling me how Bill Foley made $9000 selling tacky hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

End game fights are the best. I love the playoffs. Game 4 is gonna rule

• Locked thread